Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

How about fries, I'm happy for compromise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

Alright real talk time: beer or cocktail?

beer. cocktails you make stron g by accident and then wooops

beer is what it is. plus foamy so not so fast!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

e: NOOOOOOOO

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Goons Are Great posted:

Is this a sausage question?

Goons Are Gifts

Yes, but I didn't want to appear that rude

Robot Made of Meat

Goons Are Great posted:

OK, one has both cock and tail. Why is this even a question?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
One beer brat is better than one cocktail weenie, but a quarter pound of cocktail weenies might be better than a quarter pound of beer brats. Hope this helps.

nut

but is a cocktail a sandwich

Goons Are Gifts

A cock's tale

sb hermit

bee eater posted:

but is a cocktail a sandwich

is a cocktail a soup

Heather Papps

hello friend

sit down, children, and let me tell you

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
this is my new banner ad idea

Goons Are Gifts

That's not bad at all

Goons Are Gifts

I present you: The Japanese dog walking simulator for the arcade

You play it using a treadmill and a hardware dog leash and you have to literally walk with the dog, not be too fast or slow and take care of his needs. If you fail, he gets sad and probably dies in an explosion

Twenty Four

Just for that I am having a beer and a cocktail.

Also there is a bar I frequent that has a big lit up sign over the entrance that just says "COCKTAILS"

It's pretty frequent for the lights on half the sign to go out and they don't get fixed for like a month so it just says "COCK" or "TAIL"

Heather Papps

hello friend

Twenty Four posted:

Just for that I am having a beer and a cocktail.

Also there is a bar I frequent that has a big lit up sign over the entrance that just says "COCKTAILS"

It's pretty frequent for the lights on half the sign to go out and they don't get fixed for like a month so it just says "COCK" or "TAIL"

i will open a bar. it will be a gay bar sometimes, and like a straight bar the rest. you will tell because of what part of the sign is working.

nut

Heather Papps posted:

i will open a bar. it will be a gay bar sometimes, and like a straight bar the rest. you will tell because of what part of the sign is working.

tail is for all

Heather Papps

hello friend

yes i am a poor businessman

bird.

ye,et tu, bro-tus?

bird.

BrownianMotion posted:

ye,et tu, bro-tus?

lol

bird.

also how am i still ik i must be doing a fantastic job lmao

bird.

i am counting the days until i can even begin to start thinking about imaginging posting or even looking at the tiny-law free zone again

nut

BrownianMotion posted:

ye,et tu, bro-tus?

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Goons Are Great posted:

I present you: The Japanese dog walking simulator for the arcade

You play it using a treadmill and a hardware dog leash and you have to literally walk with the dog, not be too fast or slow and take care of his needs. If you fail, he gets sad and probably dies in an explosion

What did you map the treadmill to in your emulator? I image rudder pedals would be easiest to get a high level of control. I also assume this game was more about exercising and was fairly difficult to get a perfect score like pedals would likely allow. Without completely hacking the hell out of the game so you can say alternate analog triggers I'm not sure there's a good way to retain the overall feel.

At least you could explore the game if you mapped it to something. I bet a single analog trigger would work fine too.

I love playing really strange games that were never released outside of Japan in MAME.

sig by owlhawk911

Goons Are Gifts

pixaal posted:

What did you map the treadmill to in your emulator? I image rudder pedals would be easiest to get a high level of control. I also assume this game was more about exercising and was fairly difficult to get a perfect score like pedals would likely allow. Without completely hacking the hell out of the game so you can say alternate analog triggers I'm not sure there's a good way to retain the overall feel.

At least you could explore the game if you mapped it to something. I bet a single analog trigger would work fine too.

I love playing really strange games that were never released outside of Japan in MAME.

Oh we didn't really got it to work. The cab can play it and we can even scroll and walk through menus and how to, but actual playing does not yet work, as the control input by the treadmills is very specific. Currently we are looking into simulating it manually using the mouse scrolling, as the kills merely detect walking or not walking at like two speed levels, but were not there yet. Working on it though.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Goons Are Great posted:

Oh we didn't really got it to work. The cab can play it and we can even scroll and walk through menus and how to, but actual playing does not yet work, as the control input by the treadmills is very specific. Currently we are looking into simulating it manually using the mouse scrolling, as the kills merely detect walking or not walking at like two speed levels, but were not there yet. Working on it though.

So it needs constant movement, it's not reading a value? I had assumed it was just getting your MPH from the treadmill and feeding that to the game. So something analog where you just hold it at a certain middle pressure would work. If you need to press release press release because it wasn't a real treadmill may I recommend binding both A and B to the same thing and just alternating between the two?

Someone has to have tried to emulate this before without a treadmill, it's got to be documented on some MAME wiki.

sig by owlhawk911

bird.

right now, the number of posts on the little button on the tiny law-free zone is 37, as ik and keeper of law i am not interesed in the number. it hasn't even entered my heaspace, i am not curious about it in any way, i won't click it. i am not longing for the tiny law-free zone, i am not thinking about it at all; i must maintain the law, up here, in hello welcome and chat.

bird.

i'm not thinking about, i haven;t been thinking about, the tiny law-free zone. could you please stop judging me

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
if you're still ik prove it :catbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bird.

lol as if i wouldnt prove that i am the law, as if.... i guess i'm still the law. i'm not humming to myself, i'm not whispering verse under my breath, maybe even jaunty step singing a little bit, about the tiny law-free zone. i am the law.... i am the law?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Olive! posted:

BrownianMotion posted:

lol as if i wouldnt prove that i am the law, as if.... i guess i'm still the law. i'm not humming to myself, i'm not whispering verse under my breath, maybe even jaunty step singing a little bit, about the tiny law-free zone. i am the law.... i am the law?

Olive! posted:

lol!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

bird.

i've gone mad with power

i think it's a coping mechanism for the heavy eclipse of the tiny law-free zone in my life

nut

mod with power

bird.

bee eater posted:

mod with power

im not probing you again stop baiting me

nut

me waving my pointing fingers close to you: im not probing u im not probing u

bird.

bee eater posted:

me waving my pointing fingers close to you: im not probing u im not probing u

wathc it mister or i'll....

nut

i'm gonna type my name and the reason in and hover the mouse over the submit button and then close my eyes and swing my arms around if i get probed it's ur fault

bird.

bee eater posted:

i'm gonna type my name and the reason in and hover the mouse over the submit button and then close my eyes and swing my arms around if i get probed it's ur fault

first off, there is no self that is just an illusion created by the executive function of the mind and also you and me are in a tango, this isnt my probe or your probe, or even our probe, just a probe that happened that we felt with our senses, or just might happen, it hasnt even been clicked yet, so it's just a fuzzy future distribution that a probe might happen. cope with that i guess, i might forget after i hit submit

bird.

i wish i had a machine learning algorithm to do the probes for me, i cant be bothered with this probation business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

a markov monte carlo chain algorithm all alone searching the probability space of my post being funny oh there it goes its not coming back oh