Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Seems like a real bad idea to restore a franchise to promenience within your fictional shared universe if you're not actually setting the flagship book in said universe?

The future timelines in Powers could go either way, I admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Blockhouse posted:

Seems like a real bad idea to restore a franchise to promenience within your fictional shared universe if you're not actually setting the flagship book in said universe?

The future timelines in Powers could go either way, I admit.

I'm not suggesting that they're relaunching X-books entirely in a new universe permanently. Just that what we've seen so far may not be the one we expect. People still talk about the Thunderbolts swerve; Think that only, y'know, bigger.

Again, this is obviously massive speculation, but god it's fun to do that with a comic book again...

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Wouldn't surprise me if the House of Powers is more of an event book to launch and then the flagship is set in current 616.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm absolutely expecting some sort of cosmic swerve coming at some point. There could be entire scenes of books, or even just individual panels or lines of dialogue, that are taking place in different Moira timelines.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is so exciting. The Moria stuff opens up so many possibilities, and is a nice nod to the past, for reasons that have been well covered in this thread. Also, I sweeaaarr at some point or the other Moria has once or twice been referenced as being "baseline" mutant/human and that at least once someone did a scan of her and was like "hey this is weird" but nothing came of it. Maybe this is just my brain making things up.

I feel like buying physical comics goes against my desire to reduce clutter but I almost want to for this . . . ugh but it was nice to leave pull lists and such in the past.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Watching Moira doing a mutant supremacy speedrun

Gideon_S
Feb 11, 2001

Picked up House of X #1 on a whim the other day (I mostly only read BOOM! horror comics and crap like that) and it has to be the best X-Men comic I've read in decades (and I love Morrison).

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I quite like everything Hickman does but this XMen poo poo is on a whole new level.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It just shows right out the gate that he WANTED to write this.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It just shows right out the gate that he WANTED to write this.

And the way he writes...I forget where I saw it, but his writing room is basically nothing but whiteboards on every wall, divided by each issue of his planned run on whatever comic it is, so he can plot everything out in advance and move things around as necessary so that it makes sense. Like when he took the extra step of adding the scene in SW that explained exactly what was in the large box that Doom used as a bomb, since people thought it was a bit unclear when it appeared previously.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I'm also assuming editorial gave him clearance to go aboslutely hog wild as well to entice him back (especially if stories about the deal he had planned with DC where true).

Which again makes me think this isn't a what-if or alternate reality - just Hickman being able ro do what ever the hell he wants

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

kustomkarkommando posted:

I'm also assuming editorial gave him clearance to go aboslutely hog wild as well to entice him back (especially if stories about the deal he had planned with DC where true).

Which again makes me think this isn't a what-if or alternate reality - just Hickman being able ro do what ever the hell he wants

I'm lately think it's an alternate reality that is going to come visit the mainstream when poo poo will have had gone sideways. Moira X is Cable and we are seeing AoA rn.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm lately think it's an alternate reality that is going to come visit the mainstream when poo poo will have had gone sideways. Moira X is Cable and we are seeing AoA rn.

I mean we just had a big alternate reality event - two back to back would seem ill advised.

If the setup in house of X results in a fakeout now let's get back to the proper X-Men I am going to be somewhat disappointed tbh. I also feel like a few people are wilfully wishing this to allow themselves to enjoy the story under the assumption that sure this won't last because it's too wild which also disappoints me.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I want to believe

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

a fakeout now let's get back to the proper X-Men

This might be taking it too far. But I kinda doubt the new status quo is what we see in HoX 1 when we know where that is going to 1000 years out. I think new status quo will be the results of whatever fuckery x3 Nimrod gets up to. But maybe that's actually the plan for the finishing story and all the new books will take place in the middle.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Jordan D White was on the BOTA podcast recently and stated that Hickman came to them with his pitch, not the other way around. But I'm sure pitches from Hickman get treated differently than other people.

I mean we just had a big alternate reality event - two back to back would seem ill advised.

If the setup in house of X results in a fakeout now let's get back to the proper X-Men I am going to be somewhat disappointed tbh. I also feel like a few people are wilfully wishing this to allow themselves to enjoy the story under the assumption that sure this won't last because it's too wild which also disappoints me.

Somewhat agree. If this were just another AoA/alt-universe thing, it'd be disappointing. But I trust the writer enough that even if it is, it will be unique and well-executed.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Blockhouse posted:

Not if the point is to get people talking about a franchise that's been left to rot the last few years.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

danbanana posted:

Jordan D White was on the BOTA podcast recently and stated that Hickman came to them with his pitch, not the other way around. But I'm sure pitches from Hickman get treated differently than other people.

Hickman may have brought a pitch to editorial but only because Management called him and said, "How much?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
New Deadpool ongoing by Kelly Thompson and Chris Bacholo in November.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/status/1161380069517824000?s=19

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That raises a question for me, is Deadpool the reason Wolverine’s Regeneration isn’t Omega level? Deadpool’s regen is shown to be stronger, but he’s a mutate not a mutant, so technically Wolverine’s regeneration is surpassed by human technology?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has Bachalo drawn Deadpool before? Because hell yeah I'm down for some Bachalo Deadpool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That raises a question for me, is Deadpool the reason Wolverine’s Regeneration isn’t Omega level? Deadpool’s regen is shown to be stronger, but he’s a mutate not a mutant, so technically Wolverine’s regeneration is surpassed by human technology?

I think it's been retconned that Wolverine's healing was the source of Deadpool's now or something hasn't it?

Which means it's been surpassed even more so.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Has Bachalo drawn Deadpool before? Because hell yeah I'm down for some Bachalo Deadpool.

I'm not sure, but most of his Marvel work is in X-Men and X-Men related books

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm pretty sure it's because Elixir is considered the strongest in the general space of "healing." Even then, I don't think Wolverine is the strongest with his own regeneration either, like you mentioned. For mutants, Laura, Gabby, or Daken I believe have been said to be better off for not having a full skeleton's worth of adamantium dampening their regeneration. Deadpool might be outclassed as a non-mutant by Hulk, too.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Isn't the reason Deadpool's healing is 'stronger' because it's not having to deal with constant adamantium poisoning

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Rumda posted:

Isn't the reason Deadpool's healing is 'stronger' because it's not having to deal with constant adamantium poisoning

Yeah. Both Laura and Deadpool heal faster than Logan because neither of them have a couple of hundred pounds of toxic metal in their systems.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I was thinking more along the lines of Deadpool being able to regrow lost limbs but Wolverine not being able to.

Though I realize it’s just arguing minutia that gets rewritten at a moments notice.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Skwirl posted:

New Deadpool ongoing by Kelly Thompson and Chris Bacholo in November.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/status/1161380069517824000?s=19

I'm excited about this. I really loved Duggan's run, it actually made me care about Deadpool, but Skottie Young's run did gently caress all for me. Thomson and Bachalo sounds like my poo poo.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of Deadpool being able to regrow lost limbs but Wolverine not being able to.

Though I realize it’s just arguing minutia that gets rewritten at a moments notice.

I mean... could Wolverine even lose a limb though?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

I'm not sure where things will be after Immortal, but yeah, it's pretty much established that the Hulk is pretty much, y'know, immortal when it comes to regeneration.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Yeah. Both Laura and Deadpool heal faster than Logan because neither of them have a couple of hundred pounds of toxic metal in their systems.

I thought that when Wolverine got the Adamantium back it was a fixed version that didn't poison him anymore. Or did I just make that up?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I thought that when Wolverine got the Adamantium back it was a fixed version that didn't poison him anymore. Or did I just make that up?

It wasn't poisoning him when he lost his healing factor shortly before he died.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh my god the good poo poo

THE loving PHALANX I CAN'T WITH THIS

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I love the way he writes Magneto and Apocalypse. Who's the tree guy supposed to be? Black Tom?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Skwirl posted:

It wasn't poisoning him when he lost his healing factor shortly before he died.

It was specifically still poisonous at that point, they had a bit where Beast came up with medication for him to take to hold off the infection from it

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Phalanx Celestials / Galactii are extremely cool and eerie

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy gently caress Hickman you crazy son of a bitch where are you taking me with all of this crazy poo poo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We’ve still got no clear pictures of whats going on in x1000 right? If theres still a mutant/human war or if that even matters and everyone is post post post human

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

We’ve still got no clear pictures of whats going on in x1000 right? If theres still a mutant/human war or if that even matters and everyone is post post post human

Seems like they were into being swallowed up by the machine gods, or maybe that's just the lesser of two evils next to getting the virus and being wiped out by that other machine tier.
I figure whatever the Y100 folks are doing is going to pay off at the end of time.
Just because of the specific notes in the info-page, I'm guessing the future kid causes a Technarch rebellion where they become known to one another and find out that they're being controlled by the Phalanx. The machines destroy each other and Krakoa/Mutantkind is able to be regrown from released genetic information that Nimrod had started storing in Y100, or some poo poo!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

I love the way he writes Magneto and Apocalypse. Who's the tree guy supposed to be? Black Tom?
The tree guy seems to me to be Krakoa built on Doug's (Cypher) body. Rasputin calls him Krakoa, and he says something like "this body belonged to a mutant who could understand all language." This is all on the page that starts with the text box "Asteroid K."

Phalanx-estial is super wild, as is this intelligence scale.

I'm most excited for House of X #3 which I assume is going to be Cyclops leading the team that was talked about to fight mother mold/nimrod, which will have (based on the cover) Jean, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Angel, Monet and one other (Husk?).