Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm stoned as much of the day as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
hell, me too, but CAPITALISM demands that I work to feed and house myself, and lots of these companies I will be begging for $14/hr to dig holes or whatever demand that I give them a little plastic cup of THC metabolite-free urine

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm stoned as much of the day as possible. Smoked 3 joints between waking up (at 3am) and going into work (7am), and trim weed for 8 hours. Another at lunch. Just finished #5, going to hit some distillate dabs until I walk Frank again, when I'll smoke joint 6. Then a few more dabs before bed.

Wake up, rinse, repeat six days a week.

Drug tests are easy. Substitute with synthetic urine if it's going to a lab. In-house dip strips, dilution is the solution to pollution (drink water, take some creatine and vitamin B complex three hours before test). Mouth swabs, just have some water cornered away in your cheek. Hair test, they make a shampoo.

Never let anyone watch you piss unless it's a DOT physical, a probation officer, or your unit meatgazer because you're dumb and still in.

Uh, I don't want to be that guy, but I don't know much about weed: is this like having three beers a day or is this like waking up with a shot of vodka and just slamming a 1.75 of popov over the course of 18 hours

because drat that sounds like a lotta drugs

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's like Kevin Smith-level, or beyond.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i dont dab or normally do concentrates. I try them out bc i want to quit smoking and not get copd bc gently caress that but nothing else works for me but flower. I've done 100mg of edibles and felt a tiny something, dabbing and concentrates give me medicine head more than anything else

i got a dry herb vaporizer a lil while back and im trying to get that as a routine bc yeah. im not going to be carting around a co2 cart in my old age

smoking 3 joints in 4 hours sounds like hell on a dude's throat. like "whoops i went out drinking and accidentally smoked an entire pack" kinda hell. I stick with my bong and bubbler for now. I stopped cones about 2 months ago in my quest to be not a wheezy gently caress. now its just the rest.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Smiling Jack posted:

Uh, I don't want to be that guy, but I don't know much about weed: is this like having three beers a day or is this like waking up with a shot of vodka and just slamming a 1.75 of popov over the course of 18 hours

When you smoke as much pot as we do, you don’t really get “stoned” by smoking. It’s more of a mood enhancer / makes the dull and boring much more palatable. It’s more of a lift than getting ripped and hosed up. Reason: Tolerance. It’s a bitch. Your nervous system will adapt to the levels of THC in your body with time- and you’ll be able to smoke an eighth of flower (3.5 grams) a day with a smattering of dabs (Think of these as super weed 60%-80% THC by weight versus Flowers 10%-25% THC by weight) and be perfectly fine and functional. And quite likely not even feel “stoned” like when you started or after a T-Break.

T-Break’s, or tolerance breaks, are something I do like right now. A week or two without any THC will make hitting a dab again a very loving fun and exciting experience. You’ll retain most of your tolerances against things like dizziness and anxiety, but you’ll get that “fresh” high from it which is very refreshing if you’ve been hitting it hard for over a month or two.

It’s easy for me to take T-breaks because my guy lives 45 minutes away, and has supply issues sometimes, so even if I didn’t want to take breaks, I have to (Or go pay $40 a gram from the sketchiest of motherfuckers).

I did recently clean my dab rig with Everclear, about 2.5 shots worth, left it soaking for 2 days to extract all the THC and resin. I was fully acclimated to a 700-1,000mg’s of THC a day- so a decently high tolerance.

I took one shot of my “Brown Dragon” (it’s traditionally called green dragon but when making it with oil reclaim and not flower it’s brown not green) and after 30 minutes? Nothing. 1 hour? Nothing. 1.5 hours? Oh poo poo I’m suddenly high. Like really high. 1.75 hours: Hoooooooooly poo poo I keep going up. 2 hours: Talking, and walking are getting difficult time to go lay down. 3 hours: Desperately searching google for the LD50 (Lethal dose for approximately 50% of people) for THC because I’m quite sure I’m gonna die. 4 hours: ZzzzZzzzZzzz.

I thought the highest I would ever get was the first time I smoked ditch weed after retiring, with 0 tolerance and one hit made me sleep for 2 hours.

Nah. Brown dragon is my new god I worship at the altar of and pay my most humblest Of respects to. I had put about 5 ounces of hash through that oil rig before I cleaned it. My rough guess is that each shot had about 3-5g’s of THC in it- minimum. Maybe more. I got really high but not uncomfortably high for 5-6 hours on a 1/4th of a shot.

All gone now, and I’m deep into a T-break. But I gotta recommend this method of reclaiming to any of you guys that do concentrates. It’s kinda gross tasting so have something you like the taste of on hand to chase it with. (Don’t do additional booze, a shot of everclear is more than enough alcohol to augment a THC high, and there’s a ton of CBN (not CBD) in reclaim so you don’t need the additional depressant of alcohol.)

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 13, 2019

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Godholio posted:

That's like Kevin Smith-level, or beyond.

Nah, that’s a regular stoners average. It sounds like a lot, but it’s not if your used to it. Crusty Minge isn’t taking insane amounts- for someone who’s been smoking as long as he has.

I envy those folks who can just hit one joint a few times a day and be stoned, happy, and content. One joint won’t even register on me if I’ve been going hard on concentrates.

I will say, smoking a ton of flower is hell on your lungs and throat- but I happen to know Crusty Minge rips the filters off his cigarettes before he smokes them so he’s in a league of his own when it comes to handling smoke.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What's this brown dragon you're talking about? All I smoke is wax now and I rotate two silicone rigs. When one gets gunky I evaporate out the water and just grab the reclaim off the silicone. I'll usually touch the reclaim to the nail just before bed and it puts me out like a light.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Brown dragon is like green dragon but with reclaimed resin from the pipe/rig instead of fresh flower or concentrate. Alcohol being a solvent, it dissolves the resin into solution.

I usually clean my rig with rubbing alcohol and evaporate it off for edibles, when I get around to making them.

Smiling Jack posted:

Weeds tolerance is insane when you never take a tolerance break. It's been 3 years since my last break. It's not comparable to alcohol, but tolerance builds similarly, more use means higher tolerance. If I quit for a month, my tolerance would ramp back up quickly because of the amount of thc hanging out in my fat cells. Maybe a half dozen trips to the mental moon before my tolerance puts me back right where I am now.

I've smoked nonfilter cigarettes for 20 years. I wheeze a bit from that already. Tobacco + weed supposedly raise the susceptibility of COPD by ten fold. So I'm on the emphysema train anyhow, may as well enjoy the ride down.

Pow-pow-power nap gonna have me up all night. Just means I'll go in to work at 6:30am and clean a trim machine before harvesting.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 13, 2019

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

my guy you need to quit that unfiltered poo poo like today

there are way better ways to get nicotine (and I assume thx) into your body

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah probably.

Men in my family usually go down before 70 anyhow. Cancers, tractor accidents, dementia, to an extent, it's easier knowing how I'm going to go. Gonna suck breathing those last few months.

Since moving to Colorado and managing to keep my weight down, exercise somewhat regularly, I breathe better than I did living in the South, choking on humidity and heat.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

EBB posted:

What's this brown dragon you're talking about? All I smoke is wax now and I rotate two silicone rigs. When one gets gunky I evaporate out the water and just grab the reclaim off the silicone. I'll usually touch the reclaim to the nail just before bed and it puts me out like a light.

Yeah reclaim has an insanely high percentage of CBN to THC compared to your original flower or concentrate. CBN = Very sedating high. It’s a result of high temperature oxidation of the THC when you dab. So that’s why reclaim makes you sleepy. Also some forms of concentrates, particularly ones that are mechanically whipped up like some traditional hash and waxes and budder will have higher CBN.

As for brown dragon:

You just put ever clear in your rig, shake vigorously a couple times over the course of a day, when all of the reclaim is disolved in the everclear, you’ve got raw brown dragon. Filter it through a coffee filter if your the squeamish type, as there will be small particulates from the dabs partial combustion but it didn’t bug me- I got an iron stomach. Drink no more than one shot, wait an hour and a half or so, time varies with metabolism, and you’ll be higher than senators socks. The internet tells me reclaim of concentrates in a rig is between 50%-60% THC assuming you were getting high THC concentrates. You can wind up having a lot of reclaim if your like me, and this got me way higher than dabbing reclaim did. Whatever you do, WAIT for the high to kick in, don’t re dose because this is unlike edibles or smoking, it’s gotta get broken down in your liver en route to your high, and that makes for a completely different high/time table than you’ll be used to.

Also if your like me and have put ounces of concentrate through your rig since your last cleaning- the shits gonna be way too strong to take a whole shot. Go for a 1/4th of a shot, you can always take more later if it’s not doing anything after a couple hours, but if you take too much your gonna have a bad time. :)

Get the 190 proof stuff, not the 110 and 150 proof stuff, they just don’t do it- a small bottle will clean your rig a bunch of times

Also nothing wrong with silicon rigs but Glass is king my man. You like the no shattering glass aspect of the silicon or was it a price thing?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
With florida mmj, you can have up to a 70 day supply of whole flower, oral inhalation, and edible marijuana. A 70 day supply is currently capped at 1/4lb of whole flower (imagine a gallon ziplock bag full if you've never personally handled a qp of fluffy nugs)(limited to purchase of 2.5 ounces every 35 days), and 14000mg for both inhalation and edible. All vapes fall under inhalation. Concentrates can fall under your inhalation or edible allowance because you can technically eat a bit of shatter and it'll function just like any other edible or you can dab it and inhale. And then pills and other edibles (whenever they finally hit the market) take up your edible allowance.

It would take a lot to actually use up to the cap on a personal level.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I smoke an ounce of flower a week. Not exaggerating. Along with some shake (buy an oz every couple weeks for cheap). I probably kill 5oz a month myself.

I'm limited to 2oz purchases. That could be 2oz of flower, an oz of flower and an oz of concentrates, 2oz of concentrates, or the equivalent of two ounces in edibles, so 56 1000mg bars. Per day, per store.

So I can go buy 2oz at one shop and go across the street to a different shop and buy another 2oz. As long as they aren't owned by the same company, otherwise it's called 'looping' and that's illegal.

E: spirit of the law is 2oz purchase per day, period, but no one is networked to a central database on sales, because the state doesn't worry about monitoring it that much.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 13, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I smoke (vape) about a quarter gram of shatter/diamonds/resin/rosin a day and thought that was a lot

I don't like smoking bud anymore but I've never liked smoke smoke (even when I smoked darts I still coughed when I took a drag)

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
You guys smoke a lot of weed

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I smoke (vape) about a quarter gram of shatter/diamonds/resin/rosin a day and thought that was a lot

I don't like smoking bud anymore but I've never liked smoke smoke (even when I smoked darts I still coughed when I took a drag)

Does Shatter not make you cough? Because I’ve been hitting 1-1.5 grams of shatter a day for a while before this tolerance break and it still makes me cough like a motherfucker. I can’t grasp how flower smoke would be worse than shatter other than total quantity needed- that stuff still should be making you cough, it’s literally resolidifying from smoke to resin goo in your lungs/throat.

Deathy McDeath posted:

You guys smoke a lot of weed

It’s weed or a combination of opioids and benzo’s. Guess which one will kill me and make me a junkie, and which one just leads to me occasionally eating an entire bag of gardetto’s in the course of an evening? (And even that is rare, munchies go away with tolerance.)

It’s a pretty safe and smart choice, but I don’t have to maintain a security clearance like you do. I can understand why you think it’s a lot, because it is a lot if your not a heavy consumer of pot.

Before you went into the IC or military did you ever smoke pot? I didn’t. I had never done any recreational drugs before I retired. And the only drug other than pot I’ve tried since getting out was a spiritual journey one time on hallucinogens with a dear friend. I had taken lots of opioids and benzo’s towards the end of my career thanks to injuries, but they were prescribed and I definitely was getting hooked on the combo. I’d start having cravings for my next dose like hours before it was due, so I know that path for me is just plain dangerous. I’m hooked on living, not pills. And that’s remarkable considering how much I used to have to take for pain/anxiety.

I’m a way happier person than those days. Sooooo much happier. And the best part about pot? Even if you smoke a good deal like some of us do, suddenly stoping just leads to maybe some irritability and some slight anxiety or mild discomfort for a day.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Does Shatter not make you cough? Because I’ve been hitting 1-1.5 grams of shatter a day for a while before this tolerance break and it still makes me cough like a motherfucker. I can’t grasp how flower smoke would be worse than shatter other than total quantity needed- that stuff still should be making you cough, it’s literally resolidifying from smoke to resin goo in your lungs/throat.

No tar or that kind of bullshit, I do cough a lot though. I don't cough up poo poo like I do if I smoke bud

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ethanol is a no-go for me but that sounds interesting. I should really eat more of my reclaim.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

EBB posted:

Ethanol is a no-go for me but that sounds interesting. I should really eat more of my reclaim.

You can extract the reclaim with ethanol since it’s an effective and generally safe for consumption solvent, what you then do is a double boiler setup with a bowl and a pot of water- and add equal parts of your favorite brand of USP food safe glycerin to your brown dragon, and boil off the alcohol. The THC will precipitate out of the ethanol/water solution and bind to the glycerin, and the water and ethanol evaporate away. Glycerine is just not a great solvent for cleaning your rig. It will however bind with THC in a solvent solution.

That might sound involved but it’s not, Amazon can same day you the glycerine and then you just need the everclear. Less than $25 for everything, and the glycerine step just adds an extra step but it’s super easy.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also if you do glycerine you can buy gel caps and a small syringe and make highly measured doses of your THC in pill form. You could pop them like tic tacs at work and no one would ever know.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I literally just use 90+% rubbing alcohol and evaporate off the alcohol in the sun for a few days/weeks. Depends on how forgetful I am.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I just wash it down the drain cause it seems gross to me :shrug:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I eat, on average, about 15mg of edibles over the fn. Iscourse of an evening. On a day off I might up that to 20 and have a beer or two.

The work I do doesn't really lend itself to being intoxicated at all so Im pretty st8 edge during the week.

I do drink at least one energy drink a day though. We all have our vices

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

That’s just wasting THC, man. Reclaim is a legit good way to stretch your stash, and get a nice and different high.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

getting my medical card got me to get off all my other psych meds ( with doc approval, of course) and I've been better mentally than I have been in 5 years. ive also lost 170 lbs since i got my card.

or i can do lexipro and a fuckload of other pills and never get orgasms again

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Reclaim is how I got over insomnia. I save it for nights when I know I'm gonna have trouble sleeping.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hot Karl Marx posted:

That's a good way to block up your drain with time. It's why I had to disassemble my bathroom sink last year after running hot water through my rig for 10~ minutes.

I used to throw it away too, then I realized it's fine in brownies.

I'm glad weed is actually useful to a bunch of us here.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

getting my medical card got me to get off all my other psych meds ( with doc approval, of course) and I've been better mentally than I have been in 5 years. ive also lost 170 lbs since i got my card.

or i can do lexipro and a fuckload of other pills and never get orgasms again

Your story is not uncommon. Medical pot really does help a lot of people, and swapping pot for alcohol in either a recreational or self-medicating context leads to happier people and significant weight loss.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i wasn't drinking much at all. maybe a beer once every couple of months at a social thing but otherwise nada.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i wasn't drinking much at all. maybe a beer once every couple of months at a social thing but otherwise nada.

I feel ya. I'm meaning people in general.

torn hip + alcohol + shittons of pills from army/navy docs and the va had me at around 210. I was fat. I look at old pictures of myself and I'm just like "ugh" but now I'm in better shape than I was while in (thanks to no alcohol) and down to around 155. I've been lifting weights again and actually enjoy running now. I do take a few bong rips before working out, though. THC's bronchodilator seems to make it easier to breathe while running.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

snip

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 13, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

That’s just wasting THC, man. Reclaim is a legit good way to stretch your stash, and get a nice and different high.

i might try when i get back home but im living in a hotel for work still and dont want to do all the poo poo and have them freak out

when i smoke diamonds it barely even leaves a residue but it costs almost as much as blow so i dont buy it that often

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok so I might be a total light weight because a 5g edible will make me feel wobbly as hell. poo poo makes me super sleepy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ok so I might be a total light weight because a 5g edible will make me feel wobbly as hell. poo poo makes me super sleepy.

enjoy it

bengy81
May 8, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

Same kind of. I'll eat a 10mg gummy every few weeks. Sometimes I barely notice it, sometimes they launch me into space and I have to go lie down.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Edibles are a way more efficient means of consumption. You put that whole amount of THC in your tummy without vaporizing any of it and leaving however many milligrams coating your pipe or just going off into the air

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

i might try when i get back home but im living in a hotel for work still and dont want to do all the poo poo and have them freak out

when i smoke diamonds it barely even leaves a residue but it costs almost as much as blow so i dont buy it that often

I’m not sure what normal blow prices are in the south where I live, as I don’t do stimulants, or even caffeine for that matter. I did once get offered an 8 ball for $115, but I declined because the hardest drug I’ll ever do again is pot.

Well I’d probably do LSD if it were in my area but I live in the south, getting a hold of something like that is like getting to gently caress a unicorn.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
An eightball for $115 would have to be so stepped on that it wouldn't be fair to call it cocaine anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, an 8 ball is more like 2-3x that, market and actual coke content dependent.

I need to make some edibles, the reclaim just continues to pile up. All I can really gauge it on is the rough estimate of half the original potency, so I need to double down on whatever I put into a batch. So half of 5g of 75% hash originally is 375mg/g roughly, about 1875mg for a batch, which would put me around 12 doses of 150mg~ or so. Or 3 of those on a sunday morning and nothing but GTA Online to do all day.

I probably have around two ounces of reclaim right now.