Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
What are you people trying to dissuade people from distrusting the suicide story even doing? What motivates you to hold water for the loving authorities in this country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Solid Poopsnake posted:

So y'all think the New Epstein tryouts are already in quarterfinals or
Gonna be one of the Trump kids. It's his last hope to establish a political dynasty.

I choose to believe Epstein killed himself before getting a dose of polonium or a visit from the butcher of benghazi or whatever. Nicer to imagine he didn't get to go out struggling to live, he had to do it all himself.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 13, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

UP AND ADAM posted:

What are you people trying to dissuade people from distrusting the suicide story even doing? What motivates you to hold water for the loving authorities in this country?

Because the thread where people laugh at conspiracy theories shouldn't have people who instantly begin spreading conspiracy theories as soon as they validate their own world view and make them more comfortable.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

chitoryu12 posted:

Because the thread where people laugh at conspiracy theories shouldn't have people who instantly begin spreading conspiracy theories as soon as they validate their own world view and make them more comfortable.

So we should trust the people who are operating concentration camps as truthful?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1161257248120823808

https://twitter.com/KTVU/status/1161090690685665280

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

So we should trust the people who are operating concentration camps as truthful?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/12/nyregion/epstein-barr.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/17/us/prisons-safety-substitute-guards.html?module=inline

I think we should trust an entire year of reporting on federal prisons having the exact issues with staffing and irresponsibility that are being brought up now that a high-profile prisoner died.

The crazy suicidal guy was shrieking like a madman on the day he strangled himself? Say it ain't so!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

clickbait title or at least extremely extremely unclear

quote:

CBS News has learned that the morning of Jeffrey Epstein's death there was shouting and shrieking from his jail cell. Guards attempted to revive him while saying "breathe, Epstein, breathe."

that is the sum total of the article's reporting on the headline

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Listen, we're getting distracted from the fact that Epstein was definitely murdered.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Has someone said "Murder on the Lolita Express. They all did it?"

I know they have.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

clickbait title or at least extremely extremely unclear

that is the sum total of the article's reporting on the headline

No no, we're now in the stage where all the people who make fun of conspiracy theorists gleefully share clickbait articles and fake news tweets without a second thought.

Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747
Qanon.... REAL???

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1161306085984284673

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

So our trust is to flip from the authorities to start posting demon masks posted by some twitter lady who is ranting about LGBT history being taught in school and fighting against black people getting foodstamps?

Like the second something doesn't add up about the official story it doesn't mean you gotta then convert to whatever random thing anyone anywhere says is true instead.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

So our trust is to flip from the authorities to start posting demon masks posted by some twitter lady who is ranting about LGBT history being taught in school and fighting against black people getting foodstamps?

Like the second something doesn't add up about the official story it doesn't mean you gotta then convert to whatever random thing anyone anywhere says is true instead.

Who said I did? All I said was that you shouldn't trust anything from the group of people who are torturing children. Am I wrong?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Who said I did? All I said was that you shouldn't trust anything from the group of people who are torturing children. Am I wrong?

You could try trusting all the evidence that came from other places (like a year's worth of reporting on the prison conditions that are now coming to light). Or that the FBI is raiding Epstein's island and legal experts are saying his death made poo poo even easier because he can't contest any seizures, so killing him would have been a dumbass move.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Also the strong evidence that Epstein was terrified of being incarcerated and would likely be inclined to take his own life when faced with almost certainly spending the rest of it in prison.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Feinne posted:

Also the strong evidence that Epstein was terrified of being incarcerated and would likely be inclined to take his own life when faced with almost certainly spending the rest of it in prison.

drat sounds like a guy who should've been on suicide watch then.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

chitoryu12 posted:

You could try trusting all the evidence that came from other places (like a year's worth of reporting on the prison conditions that are now coming to light). Or that the FBI is raiding Epstein's island and legal experts are saying his death made poo poo even easier because he can't contest any seizures, so killing him would have been a dumbass move.

I agree, the Trump administration is it's own worst enemy.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

I mean, you did that then posted as if you were disagreeing with the idea that we shouldn't take rando twitter lady as a trustworthy authority. Like it seemed very much like once you rejected the official story you decided to glom on to literally the first thing you saw as the actual true thing then defend it like it meant something and people disagreeing were mock worthy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1161312647180115969

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Well, thank goodness that's only happening in your imagination, then. "I uncritically believe the official narrative and anything else is a ridiculous conspiracy theory" and "I wholly reject the official narrative and uncritically believe any conspiracy theory I read" aren't the only options, and it's absurd to pretend otherwise.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol he definitely went to the island

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

chitoryu12 posted:

On the other hand, there's evidence like various prosecutors pointing out the last successful suicide in that facility was 20 years ago. And while it's true that Epstein can't argue things like protection vs search and seizure, he's also not alive to provide testimony and evidence to prosecutors in exchange for lenient treatment. If he has hidden blackmail evidence in other places and there's no record of it in his official residences, that evidence may not come to light. And our justice system is weighted disproportionately towards witness accounts, even though they are proven to be garbage. He may well have used codes or ciphers in an attempt to protect his life so that blackmail evidence he compiled was only valuable with him to explain.

So I don't think the hypothesis that something suspicious occurred is unwarranted at this time. Conspiracies do occur. They don't involve the Templars the Last Scion and the Freemasons and hide the moon landing. They are powerful people collaborating in pursuing or protecting their interests.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean, the Saudi government did murder a journalist on foreign soil and attempt to cover it up, like a few months ago.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

zoux posted:

I mean, the Saudi government did murder a journalist on foreign soil and attempt to cover it up, like a few months ago.

Yeah and there was a fuckton of evidence that it was a murder, including witnesses, whereas here the only evidence is looking at everything and saying “No it’s all fake.”

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

“We should not fully investigate this very suspicious death.” -people weirdly incurious about a high-profile prisoner dying in LEO custody

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

“We should not fully investigate this very suspicious death.” -people weirdly incurious about a high-profile prisoner dying in LEO custody

Nobody has said that. You're screaming at a straw man.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

You're screaming at a straw man.

Ah like Epstein in his cell...though he was screaming at a "hit" man.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Why would you trust the fbi. Personally I trust the random guy who was flying a drone all around the island who spotted a computer there one week that was removed the following week before the fbi raid

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1161343615928606721?s=21

Lol

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Yep, seems totally normal that a high profile billionaire pedophile dies suddenly and "someone" posted about it on 4chan before the news knew. But nothing suspicious has happened, lol.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Terror Sweat posted:

Why would you trust the fbi. Personally I trust the random guy who was flying a drone all around the island who spotted a computer there one week that was removed the following week before the fbi raid

There's a big loving difference between criminals hiding or destroying their evidence before the cops get there and a prisoner being murdered in a way that perfectly matches what conditions at the prison predicted could happen unintentionally a year ago. Unless you're suggesting that Trump's cutting of funding to cause short-staffed federal prisons with apathetic not-guards pressed into guard duty was playing the really long game for murder.

Yep, seems totally normal that a high profile billionaire pedophile dies suddenly and "someone" posted about it on 4chan before the news knew. But nothing suspicious has happened, lol.

Are you in the middle of loving radicalizing into a QAnon and #ClintonBodyCount person before our very eyes?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I think the least unlikely thing about this chain of events is that one of the poo poo not-guards pressed into service at a federal prison shitposts on 4chan all shift on their phone.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

In the events that lead up to a 4chan post about a suicide that the public doesn't yet know about, what seems most likely?

a) deep state hitman confirming his kill to pseudo-anonymous imageboard
b) EMS neckbeard who has advanced knowledge of the situation wants notoriety and internet fame.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
After being denied pay from their employers due to their assignment being completed by someone else, all 200 Jeffrey Epstein would be assassins decide to unionize

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

chitoryu12 posted:

Are you in the middle of loving radicalizing into a QAnon and #ClintonBodyCount person before our very eyes?

The opposite, actually. I think Epstein killed Clinton and replaced him. You loving idiot. You absolute dunce.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not saying we need to go all QAnon, but actually :hmbol: if you think the FBI is a reliable source for information on anything or that they're actually interested in toppling corrupt ruling class power structures. The same FBI that did COINTELPRO and tried to blackmail Martin Luther King Jr. into suicide.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's Schrodinger's Conspiracy where it's either extremely competent or extremely incompetent, with the level of competency changing depending on which part of the conspiracy needs justification in the face of no evidence.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm not saying we need to go all QAnon, but actually :hmbol: if you think the FBI is a reliable source for information on anything or that they're actually interested in toppling corrupt ruling class power structures. The same FBI that did COINTELPRO and tried to blackmail Martin Luther King Jr. into suicide.

As people say, multiple things can be true at the same time. The FBI can be corrupt and Epstein could have committed suicide because of an underfunded prison with irresponsible not-guards pressed into service to make up the difference. These things can exist in the same world!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Are those the only options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Clintons tried their assassinate Epstein, but they used the Blue Wall strategy of not sending assassins in order to trick Epstein into killing himself.