Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Saw this in the comments for the recently released Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of RGO, I recently watched a stream where some dude painted his ship hot pink and lime green and the plastered it with pictures of ferrets, all in game. I'm assuming Croberts has promised a way more awesome version of this. It seems like the type of feature that would make him insanely jealous.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

JB50 posted:

Saw this in the comments for the recently released Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Lmao

Burns
May 10, 2008

Lodin posted:

Speaking of RGO, I recently watched a stream where some dude painted his ship hot pink and lime green and the plastered it with pictures of ferrets, all in game. I'm assuming Croberts has promised a way more awesome version of this. It seems like the type of feature that would make him insanely jealous.

I bet youre right. Except croberts will find a way to monetize this as well with some kind of "paint shop" or something he can sell. Also new excuse to add years to development cycle.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
CIG would probably save a lot of money on taxes if they just admitted that their company is just a Space Video Game Cult.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Without hyperbole, what are the things you can do in sc at the moment? Box collecting missions, instance dog fights, fps shooty bits, flying round planets...? I played for half an hour when it was free but got bored before I found anything to do.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sebmojo posted:

Without hyperbole, what are the things you can do in sc at the moment? Box collecting missions, instance dog fights, fps shooty bits, flying round planets...? I played for half an hour when it was free but got bored before I found anything to do.

You can do a couple of missions, and fly around a single solar system. The planet that you can land on has a city with nothing to do in it, the missions require about 30 - 45 minutes of flying and are absurdly difficult and give very little in credits. There's mining as well but doesn't work and you can't actually do anything with the ore you mine in space anyways. Ships that let multiple players play together are in the game but they do not work. Another cool thing you are suppose to be able to do is leave your ship while in space, and you can collect things like loot manually, but this also doesn't work correctly. Most of the gameplay mechanics are broken or unfinished, including the basic flight sim and movement. Basic flight sim and movement controls have been broken and in the same state they were in 6 years ago.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cool, cool. That's badass.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Can I mix drinks this is important

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No, but you'll probably be able to have sex because it turns out that is literally all any of the big supporters want out of the game.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

There is only one mattress in my spaceship because of the implication

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

sebmojo posted:

There is only one mattress in my spaceship because of the implication

Nothing but open water space, "there is no where for me to run, what am i gonna do, say no?".

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I said come in! posted:

No, but you'll probably be able to have sex because it turns out that is literally all any of the big supporters want out of the game.

"Have sex" makes it sound a lot more consensual than what they actually want out of the game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Play posted:

"Have sex" makes it sound a lot more consensual than what they actually want out of the game

You are completely correct, to be honest. They want a literal space rape mechanic.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I can totally picture visceral opposition to a consent mechanism being implemented. The SJWs have won, etc.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

You are completely correct, to be honest. They want a literal space rape mechanic.

Aren’t there already anime games specializing in space rape on steam??

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Another cool thing you are suppose to be able to do is leave your ship while in space, and you can collect things like loot manually

This sounds extra fun

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Which of course means detailed female NPCs because otherwise their rape-based power fantasies get neutralised by their would-be victims calling them OP, reporting them for wall hacking, swatting their homes and logging off.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

soy posted:

It can't be helped. It's the "pre-kickstarter kickstarter problem" where if a small dev lets a small community decide everything, you end up with these leftover fans that are just too uncouth for any other fan base attempt to make that thing their own for their extreme thing they cant get anywhere else. There is a list of what you will never see in major releases and these niche communities always go for at least one of something from that list. Modding communities do this to, because it's basically the same thing.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

soy posted:

A non rape french anime space game just got 1.6 million dollars on Kickstarter so if that really sells well more will come out.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BexGu posted:

A non rape

I'm sorry, why should I bother reading the rest of this post again?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BexGu posted:

non rape french anime

does not parse

all franimes are built on a deeper foundation of depraved fetishes than japanese animes are

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

The Skeleton King posted:

I feel that the 60 mil investment is someone using this scam for money laundering.

I... What? That's not how money laundering works...

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

BexGu posted:

A non rape french anime space game just got 1.6 million dollars on Kickstarter so if that really sells well more will come out.

I heard of another space game that had a successful Kickstarter too

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The White Dragon posted:

does not parse

all franimes are built on a deeper foundation of depraved fetishes than japanese animes are

There isn't always rape, just all the girls having big tits and hips

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

This is why he doesn't think he's racist. He knows racism is a bad thing but his brain is telling him that what he's saying is cool and good, therefore what he's saying isn't racist.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Icochet posted:

This sounds extra fun

When the first playable test with "Arena Commander" a dogfight in-game VR sim came out they got report after report that the VR module wouldn't launch, their guy would just sit in the cockpit doing nothing.

Turns out you had to make your character put on the special VR helmet before climbing into the ship.

Its exactly what StarCits would consider "fun"

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Have we done it yet Star Citizens? Is Roberts a billionaire yet?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

sebmojo posted:

You can do the things you listed, and nothing more. But sometimes much, much less, because the things you listed often don't work lol

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I kinda wish there was a way to compare the number of neo nazis who play SC vs other games because I bet that ratio is high. This game attracts the gullible, angry, and dumb.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

You can do the things you listed, and nothing more. But sometimes much, much less, because the things you listed often don't work lol

You forgot the most important part of the game: Finding a good/okay looking landscape somewhere, taking a screen shot and posting it to Reddit with a title like "Even in Alpha this game looks so amazing! I can't wait till it's done!" Additional challenges are getting a unglitched expensive ship and/or player posed somewhere in the screenshot.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I've been playing The Division 2 which is my first foray into the series. It's far from perfect and frequently annoying and I hate the UI and paid dlc

But my point is it's actually pretty fun and exists, albeit imperfectly. A bar still leagues too high for star citizen

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The mental gymnastics on display are amazing.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Elderbean posted:

I kinda wish there was a way to compare the number of neo nazis who play SC vs other games because I bet that ratio is high. This game attracts the gullible, angry, and dumb.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That poor guy and his wrists :ohdear:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

There's probably a quick way to take a list of SC Reddit posters, then run an analysis of what percentage of them also post in T_D and similar far right subreddits.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's pretty safe to assume the majority of outspoken SC defenders are chuds at this point, all the reasonable ones have pretty much bailed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004