Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird.

bee eater posted:

a markov monte carlo chain algorithm all alone searching the probability space of my post being funny oh there it goes its not coming back oh

dude F,that was poetry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird.

i'm being completely genuine i appreciated the way you expressed ur sentiment

alnilam

bee eater posted:

a markov monte carlo chain algorithm all alone searching the probability space of my post being funny oh there it goes its not coming back oh

lo l

Goons Are Gifts

Finally bm probes people, took you long enough

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goons Are Gifts

pixaal posted:

So it needs constant movement, it's not reading a value? I had assumed it was just getting your MPH from the treadmill and feeding that to the game. So something analog where you just hold it at a certain middle pressure would work. If you need to press release press release because it wasn't a real treadmill may I recommend binding both A and B to the same thing and just alternating between the two?

Someone has to have tried to emulate this before without a treadmill, it's got to be documented on some MAME wiki.

Yes exactly, in reality the treadmill is constantly moving and there is some sort of three way input from there to the game, so it's relatively simple. There was a guy who made the mouse work, but we failed to make that happen for us, so still curious how this will work out

Goons Are Gifts

BrownianMotion posted:

first off, there is no self that is just an illusion created by the executive function of the mind and also you and me are in a tango, this isnt my probe or your probe, or even our probe, just a probe that happened that we felt with our senses, or just might happen, it hasnt even been clicked yet, so it's just a fuzzy future distribution that a probe might happen. cope with that i guess, i might forget after i hit submit

We need to talk about this at a certain time

Goons Are Gifts

Also what the byob, I just came back home from one of the best evenings of all time and now there are like 90 new posts in byob, did I miss a free weed dispenser passing by or

bird.

Goons Are Great posted:

We need to talk about this at a certain time

sure talk to me at 11:27pm PST (-8 GMT) after the probe is up

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Let's bring back zine culture

nut

magazine or gabazine

bird.

UWBW posted:

Let's bring back zine culture

very much agree, what zine is on your mind

bird.

i live in seattle, so we have grunge zines still (lol), and i always like, have this huge love and fondness for the ones where everything is done by hand

alnilam

We have a dece zine scene in pgh and the main liberry has a big collection of them

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Just made one about ukuleles so I can sell them while I'm busking. I hope drunk people think they're neat.

https://i.imgur.com/RAVo0KD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iJZLqeU.jpg

bird.

UWBW posted:

Just made one about ukuleles so I can sell them while I'm busking. I hope drunk people think they're neat.

https://i.imgur.com/RAVo0KD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iJZLqeU.jpg

dude so dope i LIKE it

bird.

you, reader, cannot imagine how much self restraint it has taken, to not click and read what has been going on in the tiny law-free zone, its been on my mind for over a month, and i see it now, 38 unread posts, and i'm telling you about it, because it calls me constantly even tho that thread is the antithesis to what i am right now, as arbiter and symbol of law

i am waiting, for the day in which i can make it home again

Goons Are Gifts

The moment you probed me I was writing a longass post elsewhere and I pressed post and then it told me nonono BM probed you, destroying my BELOVED and GOOD and LONG post in an instant.

And yet I feel with you and pray for you, because you earned hope and love

Goons Are Gifts

GOOD MORNING BYOB!!!! :coffeepal:

Stoner Sloth

GOOD MORNING GaG! :beerpal:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Goons Are Gifts

hiiii ss how's it, I was worried about the lack of posts recently

nut

Goons Are Great posted:

GOOD MORNING BYOB!!!! :coffeepal:

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

hiiii ss how's it, I was worried about the lack of posts recently

it is all good in my neck of the woods friend!! been mostly chilling and lurking a bit but also posting in a few games threads and taking birb photos, i brought some to share with the class even:

today these lovely yellow tailed black cockatoos decided to come pay the pine trees in my backyard a visit now that the winter weather has died down a bit, there were easily a hundred of them out there shouting at each other and making a huge mess by dropping bits of pine cones they were eating and just generally having a grand old time!

how are you GaG, and BYOB folks in general? I hope you're all doing well and I'll try to post more!!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Goons Are Gifts

Those are some fantastic birds, I hope they didn't bark all night

Doing good! Chilling and posting and eating sliced bread right now, also a small experiment went nuts and I unleashed a ton of flies that were meant for the ants in my room, but I managed it and now they are free in the wild and also partly in ant stomachs, so my room is fly free again

Manifisto

good morgnnsng all

Stoner Sloth posted:

it is all good in my neck of the woods friend!! been mostly chilling and lurking a bit but also posting in a few games threads and taking birb photos, i brought some to share with the class even:

today these lovely yellow tailed black cockatoos decided to come pay the pine trees in my backyard a visit now that the winter weather has died down a bit, there were easily a hundred of them out there shouting at each other and making a huge mess by dropping bits of pine cones they were eating and just generally having a grand old time!

how are you GaG, and BYOB folks in general? I hope you're all doing well and I'll try to post more!!

excellent birbs, tyvm

just saw the loon chicks (adolescents now I guess) chilling in our cove and a hummingbird buzz our feeder, one of us saw some piliated woodpeckers in the yard yesterday so things are going very well here birbwise

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=593788617403768

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

Those are some fantastic birds, I hope they didn't bark all night

Doing good! Chilling and posting and eating sliced bread right now, also a small experiment went nuts and I unleashed a ton of flies that were meant for the ants in my room, but I managed it and now they are free in the wild and also partly in ant stomachs, so my room is fly free again

they were pretty well behaved really, just hung out for the afternoon playing in the trees and eating pine nuts and then moved back down to the forest down the hill! very noisy for awhile but I didn't mind at all cause they're fun to watch

and well as least it's good that you were able to recover you room from the flies and at least the ants got a bit of a meal out of it!

Manifisto posted:

good morgnnsng all

excellent birbs, tyvm

just saw the loon chicks (adolescents now I guess) chilling in our cove and a hummingbird buzz our feeder, one of us saw some piliated woodpeckers in the yard yesterday so things are going very well here birbwise

glad to hear the birbs are doing well in your neck of the woods too friend!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

Also what the byob, I just came back home from one of the best evenings of all time and now there are like 90 new posts in byob, did I miss a free weed dispenser passing by or

yeah i dunno i got home from toronto this morning and was like dang, today owns, couldn't get any better and now i am giggling like a very nervous preteen boy at a joke told by a 22 year old college girl

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

giggling like a very nervous preteen boy at a joke told by a 22 year old college girl

sorry, i meant giggling like a 31 year old person at jokes told by internet strangers, i do now know why i needed a simile here

Goons Are Gifts

It's Internet friends, for you

MockingQuantum

Greetings Halloo & Discuss String [Loiterers Need Column]

thank you luvcow for the sig

Goons Are Gifts

Heeeeeeey how's she??

MockingQuantum

Goons Are Great posted:

Heeeeeeey how's she??

She is good, chillin, most excellent pup

She's like, kind of a dog now and I can't deal with it, the last few months have gone crazy fast

In other news, my other dog's pups have opened their eyes and they are gooooorgeous

thank you luvcow for the sig

Jaded Burnout

adorbs

Goons Are Gifts

Awwemahgod you just got that beauty out of the pupper and then you update it with more puppies?? You absolute madman

nut

i like the dog and small dogs

Stoner Sloth

bee eater posted:

i like the dog and small dogs

Heather Papps

hello friend

can i run a sig idea past yall

alnilam

ya

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

i never use a sig but every time i post i do this
"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
my posts speak for themselves - heather papps - right now.
"

YEAH THAT SUCKS I AM NOT DOING IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

also real posting one second

i am trying to post less. i have a lot of free time. it is fun, i am excited to be back and not like, absorbing yob energy as i become the shadow self or whatever but it is fun posting and i like it but a part of me looks at the front page and physically cringes when more then a few threads are killed by me.