Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Klansman 8 0.91%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 578 65.76%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 185 21.05%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 4 0.46%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 0 0%
Julian Castro, the Twin 3 0.34%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 3 0.34%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 9 1.02%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 2 0.23%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 4 0.46%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 19 2.16%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 19 2.16%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 8 0.91%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.11%
Just like in real life, nobody voted for Hickenlooper 2 0.23%
Jeffrey Epstein, the MCC Most Hated 9 1.02%
KKKillary KKKlinton 16 1.82%
Some other idiot not in this list 9 1.02%
Total: 879 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009

kidkissinger posted:

This dude has never washed a dish in his life if he thinks this lol

Such impressive "systems analysis" on display here

Maybe he washes his hands with dish soap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Any poll that has you polling within the margin of error shouldn't count.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shear Modulus posted:

according to wikipedia tom steyer has a net worth of $1.6 billion

if john delaney, who is a lowly centimillionaire, can put out enough mailers and call in enough favors to generate enough $1 donations to qualify for the debates then steyer absolutely can

hectomillionaire, unless you're saying his net worth is tens of thousands of dollars

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Girbot posted:

Maybe he washes his hands with dish soap?

Grosssssss

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

GreyjoyBastard posted:

hectomillionaire, unless you're saying his net worth is tens of thousands of dollars

He is overleveraged.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gyges posted:

Remember that he got millions of people's information when he ran his personally funded ad campaign for impeachment. I think his list was somewhere around 8 million people. Add in the other mail lists he can buy with the money he finds in his couch, and he probably needs a lower sucker rate than Nigerian Prince emails get to hit 130,000.

This kind of stuff doesn’t happen in the Corporate State Democracies because the Washington Post said so.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/1161390235344936967

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I was looking forward to a relatively good (though still pretty lovely and biased) debate with maybe eight people on stage, but they're gonna make sure at least a dozen+ qualify so they can do the idiotic two night thing again.

Why sell ads for one night when you can stretch it out? And enough time for substantive answers from candidates? Nah, our preferred picks don't do too hot in that format.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Hickenlooper should do this.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just got invited to a meetup for Warren volunteers, and I feel it is my civic duty to go and as best I can try to convert those Warrenites into Sanders Siblings. Seeing as how she presents herself as the intelligent wonk who has a plan for everything, it strikes me that maybe some of you folk here who are knee deep into archaic prose might have some convincing arguments that might work to help recruit some real life potential comrades. If you would please lend me your finest bespoke decorum-filled arguments in favour of Comrade Bernard, artisinally hand-crafted to appeal to the Warrenite Succbrain, I'd be very thankful. G-d bless.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

That's it?

All his ads on TV say he made 36 billion dollars.

that number is likely the amount of invested money he was managing and the 1.6 is his cut from the fees and whatnot

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Addamere posted:

I just got invited to a meetup for Warren volunteers, and I feel it is my civic duty to go and as best I can try to convert those Warrenites into Sanders Siblings. Seeing as how she presents herself as the intelligent wonk who has a plan for everything, it strikes me that maybe some of you folk here who are knee deep into archaic prose might have some convincing arguments that might work to help recruit some real life potential comrades. If you would please lend me your finest bespoke decorum-filled arguments in favour of Comrade Bernard, artisinally hand-crafted to appeal to the Warrenite Succbrain, I'd be very thankful. G-d bless.

Don’t bother. Just present Bernie as a valid fall back.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gohmak posted:

Don’t bother. Just present Bernie as a valid fall back.

The solution suggested in C-SPAM was to go and take the training then go out canvassing for Bernie on their dime. Might need an accomplice to do that with me, though, since from what I hear you generally canvas in pairs?

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Addamere posted:

Search JoePineTree's posts.

Others can probably do this better than me but the main one is that she still doesn't have Medicare for All on her issues page. That's a huge red flag and she's equivocated on this how many times...? And we both know who wrote the bill for that one. Bernie's proposals to tax wealth are better and more serious as others have mentioned, tax policy center has a writeup on that. Bernie is far better on foreign policy (though IDK how much the average voter actually cares unfortunately).

edit: nevermind you're talking about canvassing with Warren ppl

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 13, 2019

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

This is what he should have done right out the gate. Gardner is on borrowed time and Hickenlooper would probably wipe the loving floor with him.

No one wants Hickenlooper as President, but he'd be extremely useful as a tie breaker or better in Senate.

Now Beto.....take queues.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Colorado can do better.

It's going to be darkly hillarious when all these loving assholes who should have just run for Senate drop out, run for Senate, and then lose because they're loving losers who are only running for Senate because they got their rear end kicked in the Presidential Primary.

Alternatively these assholes manage to win, and then undermine Bernie's legislative agenda with the same gusto as they're making GBS threads on it in the current race. gently caress 'em.

Malah
May 18, 2015

cool kids inc. posted:

Now Beto.....take queues.
Every time I see him tweet something I stop and comment that he could do much more about [latest tragedy in the headlines] if he ran for loving Senate instead of wasting our time with his vanity run.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Hickenlooper can't do enough to stymie the will of Democratic voters in the presidential race, maybe he can be a big D Republican in the senate and get it done directly. Hopefully Colorado does better.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

So, a Bernie stan itt is plotting to show up to a meetup for Warren volunteers (statistically speaking, many of them will be women) and sabotage, harass and attack them? And this is... fine?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calibanibal posted:

So, a Bernie stan itt is plotting to show up to a meetup for Warren volunteers (statistically speaking, many of them will be women) and sabotage, harass and attack them? And this is... fine?

It's called praxis.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I frequently see people encouraging Beto to run for Senate, but there are better Democrats who will be in that primary (and I can't imagine the same isn't true for Hickenlooper).

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

I frequently see people encouraging Beto to run for Senate, but there are better Democrats who will be in that primary (and I can't imagine the same isn't true for Hickenlooper).

Bobby Frank o'Whitey would best serve the people of Texas by loving off forever.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Gyges posted:

Colorado can do better.

It's going to be darkly hillarious when all these loving assholes who should have just run for Senate drop out, run for Senate, and then lose because they're loving losers who are only running for Senate because they got their rear end kicked in the Presidential Primary.

Alternatively these assholes manage to win, and then undermine Bernie's legislative agenda with the same gusto as they're making GBS threads on it in the current race. gently caress 'em.

That alternative is my fear. CO is becoming solid blue and we can do much better than hickenlooper or bennett.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

cool kids inc. posted:

This is what he should have done right out the gate.

Though the brief presidential run might've increased his prestige.

But yes, Beto, do this.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oh hey found the Time's press box!

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Addamere posted:

I think you’ve got your selling point right there in the last sentence. Just call them “Warrenite Succbrains”. I’m sure they will be very responsive to whatever decorum-filled arguments you present afterwards. A perfect conversation starter, for example, could lead off with: “Look, Warrenite Succbrains, [insert whatever else you want to say here].” Then you could report their responses back to wherever you’d like, for shits and giggles.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Addamere posted:

Don't treat people with mildly disguised contempt. Even if you think you're right, people have a way of feeling when they're being condescended to. Lots of sheltered white people got woke in the last three years, they're not really aware of the large and sometimes contradictory constellation of ideas that is leftism (or have any real moral or philosophical framework with which to explore those ideas).

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
why would anybody vote for Warren when the obvious better choice, Bernard Sanders, is right there?

I mean Warren did say she was a capitalist to her bones,so. . .

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The best way I can think of to attempt convert Warren supporters is to just ask people how they feel about the issues where there's the biggest difference - namely Medicare for All and foreign policy. Regarding the former in particular, if you can get them to agree that it's very important that the specific bill is passed, just explain how Sanders has clearly been more consistent as an advocate for it. If they're the type of person who is "open to other alternatives," you might as well just give up since the ideological difference is too great and Warren actually probably represents them better than Sanders.

Another possible angle is to see if they support Warren because they perceive has more electable. I mention this because, for whatever reason, this was my parents' view. Many (realistically most) people aren't aware of polling and may genuinely have no idea that Warren usually polls worse than Sanders, or that Sanders' base is younger people and that he does better with minority groups than Warren.

In general, most Warren supporters probably can't be converted, since most like Warren for reasons that have nothing to do with facts or policy.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

as i said in the other thread the people who are going to a volunteer event to do unpaid work for a particular candidate are probably not going to be receptive to someone showing up trying to say why their candidate is not as good as some other candidate. i think your time is better spent just volunteering at bernie events to talk to voters, many of whom will have warren as their first choice but are persuadable

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 14, 2019

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Addamere posted:

Maybe only go to a meetup for Warren volunteers if you intend to volunteer for Warren rather than convincing people who might be receptive to Bernie that his followers are the shittiest people on the planet.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pander posted:

Maybe only go to a meetup for Warren volunteers if you intend to volunteer for Warren rather than convincing people who might be receptive to Bernie that his followers are the shittiest people on the planet.

It's this. The answer is this. Just go loving volunteer for Bernie, christ.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Pander posted:

Nah. Warren is a spoiler.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You can, and need to, have diversity of tactics. Writing off entire demographics as unreachable on vague bellyfeels is what liberals have been doing and look how it turned out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pander posted:

What is this bootlicker nonsense?

Disappointing.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

SKULL.GIF posted:

What is this bootlicker nonsense?

Disappointing.
I'm not sure exactly how charismatic you'd need to be in order to come out ahead in a set up like that, but I suspect you have to be more charismatic than Addamere (no offense personally, Addamere, I'm just saying you need to be really loving charismatic and just by the numbers it's really unlikely that you are). 99.9% of people who try what we're talking about here are just going to turn a group of Warren supporters, many of whom will probably pull the lever for Bernie if she drops out of the primary, into a group of Warren supporters who will never vote for Bernie in the primary and might not even in the general, should he get the nomination.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
All that needs to be done is... Create Doubt.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Man that STDH setup about going to a warren event to be the pro-bernie steven crowder sure sounds like the best possible use of your time and a bulletproof way to help the bernman.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It seemed like a tongue-in-cheek post to me, but I’ve been burnt in the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The best way for goony goons to turn the electorate against Warren is to endorse her probably.