Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
I really enjoy the fact that the front page of the comic still advertises itself as PG-13

like at this point I'd be very disappointed if it ever got changed to the hard-R it really merits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Tollymain posted:

ill say this for unsounded, it doesnt glamorize war
This chapter in particular has a kind of Slaughterhouse Five vibe.

Kurt Vonnegut posted:

"You were just babies then!" she said.

"What?" I said.

"You were just babies in the war — like the ones upstairs!"

I nodded that this was true. We had been foolish virgins in the war, right at the end of childhood.

"But you're not going to write it that way, are you." This wasn't a question. It was an accusation.

"I — I don't know," I said.

"Well I know," she said. "You'll pretend you were men instead of babies, and you'll be portrayed in the movies by Frank Sinatra and John Wayne or some of those other glamorous, war-loving, dirty old men. And war will look just wonderful, so we'll have a lot more of them. And they'll be fought by babies like the babies upstairs."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

I really enjoy the fact that the front page of the comic still advertises itself as PG-13

like at this point I'd be very disappointed if it ever got changed to the hard-R it really merits

it shows zero dongs :toot:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Actually, Quigley's on screen quite often.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Untrue, skydong interrupted Duane's sermonizing with impeccable comedic timing
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch12/ch12_71.html

Less humorously, Sette's vision of mutant Starfish had a dong-arm and there have been some background graffiti dicks that heavily imply some really unpleasant things about Sette's past

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I stand corrected by both of you.

Also, Captain Claggart is harsh but fair. Both people who make it out of this alive will owe their lives to him for minimizing the losing-of-poo poo.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lemmy is probably more right than he thinks he is. There's no way the deal with Rukh will work out how they expected it to.

And yeah, Claggart is a good captain. Just because the world is falling apart doesn't mean you should, too!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I wouldn't necessarily want to be friends with Claggart but you could do far worse than him for a commanding officer, it seems.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_76.html

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I just remembered that that dude is technically nude in basically every non-flashback scene he's in and had a laugh.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I just love the his excuse for not having money two pages later, I think it's one of my favorite one liners in the comic.

EDIT: and of course, I also appreciate any time we can clown on Darkest Paul.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Darkest paul feels like one of those ascended extras you'd get in a dnd game.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Claggart with the truth bombs.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

PetraCore posted:

I just remembered that that dude is technically nude in basically every non-flashback scene he's in and had a laugh.

except for when Rahm makes him wear a robe because he knows what's up.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Mushrooms don't flinch, except when they're squids

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Don't worry, Will, I'd have trouble killing a fleeing wingpossum too.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
And that's the story of how Will lost his hand

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Duane and Claggart having a good ol' fashioned racist-cop-comes-around-on-his-partner tier development over here.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Duane and Claggart having a good ol' fashioned racist-cop-comes-around-on-his-partner tier development over here.

Lemuel's helping!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Oh no! Duane has lost his face!

Kind of weird with Cope's usually detailed art style.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/ch14_81.html
Oh and i guess it's the creator's birthday? Or it was yesterday.

Also

Regallion fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 14, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, happy birthday Ashley!

Also, I came here to post that exact panel.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, happy birthday Ashley!

Also, I came here to post that exact panel.

same

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
cope is having entirely too much fun with claggart’s expressions

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

if i ever stop having a cohen av that's prime av material

edit: i'm going to be really mad if claggart dies, although she's dropped a hint or two suggesting he'll be alive for debriefing at least

double edit: important information from the tumblr

quote:

Anonymous asked: What is Claggat's first name?

John. Very boring.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 15, 2019

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I don't typically check Cope's ask feed but apparently she mentioned Claggart forever ago and he and Duane end up becoming good buddies and pen pals after this.

I think he also helped Lemuel get into the vliegeng corp? I haven't read it myself, just heard about it elsewhere.

EDIT: Searched "Claggart" in the feed and didn't find anything. Maybe apocryphal? Or not referred to by name. Either way, I suspect we'll have a chance to find out soon enough.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 15, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I don't typically check Cope's ask feed but apparently she mentioned Claggart forever ago and he and Duane end up becoming good buddies and pen pals after this.

I think he also helped Lemuel get into the vliegeng corp? I haven't read it myself, just heard about it elsewhere.

EDIT: Searched "Claggart" in the feed and didn't find anything. Maybe apocryphal? Or not referred to by name. Either way, I suspect we'll have a chance to find out soon enough.

she responded to a comment about this somewhere and said some things have changed - at the time Claggart was imagined as rich and famous and part of his essential character now is that he is neither

but I hope the rest remains

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, reading through the feed, I was "Reminded" that Claggart's actually working class, which sometimes slips my mind when he's being an authority figure. The Jets live longer lives than most so I imagine it's easy to write them off for that, but if you're a military man a longer life is just a more generous span of time during which getting shot is an occupational hazard.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
duane has not been acquitting himself well in this flashback

from lemuel's perspective the man's entire life must look like a series of squandered opportunities that he could only dream of having. no wonder he helped to kill the guy

at least duane hosed up that political appointment so he could disappoint his brother one last time on his way out

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Now THAT'S what I call a condiment.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Sure, lick the weird glowing crystals in the magic cave, what's the worst that could happen?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Down with statists

panel three into panel four is eloquent

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Yeah the captain side eyeing Duane then Duane and his brother giving each other that "really? these guys think gaging someone who can cast without speaking is gonna do poo poo?" look while keeping quiet is great.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ashley low-key teasing all these opportunities for Will to lose his hand.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

"That's also why he starts gabbing to Vampire. Doesn't want anyone looking too closely at the Spellmaster."

claggart claggowns

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
https://unsoundedupdates.tumblr.com/post/187320347314/ch14-page-88

Very unfortunate chapter/page number aside, loving me someone who decides "vampire? that's boring. my nickname shall be dhampir!"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Vampire's the bearded guy who talks like he was raised by a dictionary of outdated words; Dhampir's the woman rocking the big shiny earrings.
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/ch14_88.html

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Vampire's the bearded guy who talks like he was raised by a dictionary of outdated words
Coppers can live up to 400 years so there's actually a good chance he was.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Coppers can live up to 400 years so there's actually a good chance he was.

quote:

Vampire is quite old and has lived primarily among his own, similarly old kind, and hiding out in the far reaches of the world for the sake of his rebellion. So his speech echoes another era. I’ve tried to reflect that without making him completely unintelligible. Let me know how I do over the next few pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010