Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Here is in store for what content Football Ramble will have now that they are going into Football Ramble Daily.

https://twitter.com/FootballRamble/status/1156239846568071168

TLDR: Monday: Football Ramble
Tuesday: Jules and Andy
Weds: Ramble Meets
Thurs: On the Continent
Friday: The Preview Show
Sat: The Blizzard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I hope I can download just the regular show, but I suspect Overcast just sees one podcast and downloads all the extra stuff.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

So there's really only one new show there, everything else is just being consolidated into one feed.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Looks like Totally Football Show is following the Football Ramble footsteps. They are doing 5 shows a week.

https://twitter.com/TheTotallyShow/status/1156222330248540166

TLDR Monday: Totally Football Show
Tuesday: Totally Football Show (Europe)
Weds: Totally Football League Show
Thurs: Totally Football Show
Friday: Totally Scottish Football Show

Totally Football Show (Europe) seems to have the crew that was on BT Sports' Eurpoean Football Show when that was on the air with added Spanish guy. Also looks like they will still do Golazzo.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Football Weekly is the only bearable football podcast, and they are already on twice a week. how much time can you possibly spend listening to other people talking about football

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Isnt Sid doing the TFS Europe show?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

How are they all paying for 69 podcasts a week

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Betting company sponsorships are pretty lucrative I guess, who knew

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

algebra testes posted:

Isnt Sid doing the TFS Europe show?

I doubt it - Alvaro Romeo is in the video so I reckon he'll be the spanish expert

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Raffles posted:

I doubt it - Alvaro Romeo is in the video so I reckon he'll be the spanish expert

Too bad, I’d listen to a Sid Lowe podcast every night as a sleep aid

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Very carefully

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

oliwan posted:

Football Weekly is the only bearable football podcast, and they are already on twice a week. how much time can you possibly spend listening to other people talking about football

Exactly, having three in rotation is already too many. Definitely think TFS is flying too close to the sun with this, at least the ramble has it's own irreverant niche, I still wont be bothering with their daily stuff though. They seem to have all forgotten that football podcast content ages terribly.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

julian assflange posted:

Very carefully

nice

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Mandalay posted:

Too bad, Id listen to a Sid Lowe podcast every night as a sleep aid

Sid has his own podcast called the Spanish Football Podcast or something equally imaginative

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
gently caress you lot, I get to listen to my earphones at work and I can happily listen to people with a bit of knowledge chat about football. Beats Talksport.

I’m not doing Patreon tho, I want free stuff.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

britishbornandbread posted:

gently caress you lot, I get to listen to my earphones at work and I can happily listen to people with a bit of knowledge chat about football. Beats Talksport.

I’m not doing Patreon tho, I want free stuff.

It’s nice they let you listen to headphones at the sportsdirect warehouse but listening to men talk about football for endless hours sounds incredibly tedious

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

It’s nice they let you listen to headphones at the sportsdirect warehouse but listening to men talk about football for endless hours sounds incredibly tedious

:yeah:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Then don’t listen to it. And it sounds like some of the episodes, such as the discussions about legendary matches or whatever, will not date because of their subject matter. A daily update of everything that has happened in football it ain’t.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Exactly, having three in rotation is already too many. Definitely think TFS is flying too close to the sun with this, at least the ramble has it's own irreverant niche, I still wont be bothering with their daily stuff though. They seem to have all forgotten that football podcast content ages terribly.

I can understand why they're doing it from a business perspective. More ads to sell.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

but you post here?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Karl Sharks posted:

but you post here?

I enjoy listening to manchildren melting down, there is a difference!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mandalay posted:

I can understand why they're doing it from a business perspective. More ads to sell.

Oh yeah I just think market saturation will inevitably result in lower downloads as people pick one and unsub the others.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Oh yeah I just think market saturation will inevitably result in lower downloads as people pick one and unsub the others.

I think you may be right, it might be last podcast standing!!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Solid return from FW

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's amazing thinking that Jonathan Wilson is only in his early 40's.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dream pod def Wilson, Barry and Jacqui imo.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I would agree although as an admittedly bias Arsenal fan I was a bit irritated they just went with 'lol why didnt they play the full strength team' as analysis when there were plenty of reasons for the selection, explained away by the pod as 'that crazy Unai Emery'.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
#removelars

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I would agree although as an admittedly bias Arsenal fan I was a bit irritated they just went with 'lol why didnt they play the full strength team' as analysis when there were plenty of reasons for the selection, explained away by the pod as 'that crazy Unai Emery'.

:hai:

other than that it was fantastic.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Podcast guest and foot journo Paolo Bandini has come out identifying as female and will be Nicky Bandini henceforth.

https://twitter.com/NickyBandini/status/1162304198345732096?s=19

Bacon Terrorist fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Aug 16, 2019

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Podcast guest and foot journo Paolo Bandini has come out identifying as female and will be Nicky Bandini henceforth.

I'm sure that the football world will treat this with the respect and kindness it deserves.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Just once I’d like someone to announce their transition while sporting a decent haircut.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Good for her

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Raffles posted:

Good for her

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oliwan posted:

I'm sure that the football world will treat this with the respect and kindness it deserves.

Seems like the other journos have at least. She's a great writer, I'm happy for her.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hell, why not.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Seems like the other journos have at least. She's a great writer, I'm happy for her.

Yeah I've always loved their take on Italian football, always makes me nostalgic for Football Italia on Channel 4.

Good luck to her. It's a good piece she's written to go with the video too.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah I mean I wasn't thinking of the journos, but then again I wonder how many football people actually care about/ know journalists

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Good luck to her, great football brain.