Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

StashAugustine posted:

i'm mad that i've run like a dozen kela kills and not gotten the twin kohmak

I hope you made the Miter already because at MR24 i was scrounging for weapons and ended up doing 43 runs of Kril+Vor just for the blueprint :shepicide:

yes i counted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

buying a quest frame so you get a riven reward instead seems like an awful use of plat

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Jumpoff posted:

I hope you made the Miter already because at MR24 i was scrounging for weapons and ended up doing 43 runs of Kril+Vor just for the blueprint :shepicide:

yes i counted

Yeah i got that and the panthera already, but i'm out of points for kela and also just bought the 3 mods i was missing from the event. otoh it's like 200 loving plat

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
One exception I made for the no weapons for plat was Sibear from Davos because I am permanently out of cryotic.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i did a decent number excavation arbies with a booster running so i could have made a 2nd sibear for awhile. i think im at like 25k now though.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Hieracon was one of my go to missions to farm relics with pubs way back when. Got way too much cryotic.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

A little newb help. Trying to kill a juggernaut for the first time. I can get them to spawn, just can't get them to come to me. If I'm doing a capture, after I get the target should I go towards the extraction to find more infested? Or away? I feel like I lose killin time trying to find enemies after I capture the target.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Basically just keep moving and killing, when you've killed enough it'll scream and Lotus will tell you it's coming. Survival missions are you best bet to get him to spawn, just because things keep spawning.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Awesome! posted:

the hardest frames to grind for are usually khora, nidus, ivara, harrow and equinox but now you can just buy equinox prime.

Talk to me about my 9 hours of ODS for one octavia part :shepspends:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Nidus took me by far the longest, i had a reasonable few hours for the octavia ODS part and got ivara doing solo corpus spies for a few hours on an afternoon, but i think i ran like 30-40 infsalv solo 11 minute C rotations over the course of a week trying to get the last part and got nothing but "80 endo" rewards - which still holds my personal #1 top spot for most mean-spirited drop table entry. It got more fun once i stopped treating it like tedious ember WoF boredom and started using it as a 10 minute benchmark for various other AoE sustain builds, switching frames and mod loadouts between runs. And just calling it for the day after a few runs, obviously

That's random variance over low sample sizes for ya v:shobon:v

Anora posted:

Basically just keep moving and killing, when you've killed enough it'll scream and Lotus will tell you it's coming. Survival missions are you best bet to get him to spawn, just because things keep spawning.
Someone once told me the spawn is actually just tied to the death of a random determined infested, and it sounds insane(ly DErp)

but sometimes that's what it feels like when you're murdering like crazy and he never spawns while other times you accidentally bump over like 3 enemies and juggy shows up instantly

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 14, 2019

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
at MR 26 and after turning to the dregs to level:

I actually enjoy K-Drive races, but I think I'll just buy the 3 other boards with plat and ignore Vent Kid standing

Archwing would have been ok if they had better endless missions (so you can actually level your pieces in one go), and will be the reason I'll stay MR26

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

the best course is definitely buy the kdrives, just spend all the rep on mods and rank ups

if you're mr26 and afraid of spending 50p I'd say make an account on warframe.market you can make that much easily in no time

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nalesh posted:

Talk to me about my 9 hours of ODS for one octavia part :shepspends:

I did a 60 minute solo ODS and the Octavia part dropped at 60 minutes.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
So I just started playing and am absolutely hooked. I’m looking at the prime frames and the discord nitro frame bundle. Are any of these worth paying for or should I just continue on with Excalibur? I’m having fun but want to change things up a bit. I’m going to mostly be playing solo or carrying my kid.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Mikemo Tyson posted:

So I just started playing and am absolutely hooked. I’m looking at the prime frames and the discord nitro frame bundle. Are any of these worth paying for or should I just continue on with Excalibur? I’m having fun but want to change things up a bit. I’m going to mostly be playing solo or carrying my kid.

If the current Nitro bundle is Saryn then absolutely get that, her prime is consistently one of the most expensive and her regular is a horrible grind. Plus she's one hell of a carry frame since she can just delete entire maps.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also check the twitch prime gifts and the 2FA ephemera

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

njsykora posted:

If the current Nitro bundle is Saryn then absolutely get that, her prime is consistently one of the most expensive and her regular is a horrible grind. Plus she's one hell of a carry frame since she can just delete entire maps.

The nitro is regular saryn, not prime.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I got my Octavia part from ODS within 20 minutes on the first attempt with a goon that had been trying for many hours. The part that gave me my grief was trying to spawn the dumb puzzle on Lua after several hours alone running around. At least with an ODS you can get some affinity and some ok rewards. 25 Lua captures solo sucked. Didn’t realize that crossfire missions spawned it more but oh well.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

necrobobsledder posted:

I got my Octavia part from ODS within 20 minutes on the first attempt with a goon that had been trying for many hours. The part that gave me my grief was trying to spawn the dumb puzzle on Lua after several hours alone running around. At least with an ODS you can get some affinity and some ok rewards. 25 Lua captures solo sucked. Didn’t realize that crossfire missions spawned it more but oh well.

You can't pub into ODS and the other reason to go in there, O-cells, seems to have been heavily nerfed so it's a bit of a ballache.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Ugh, I'm trying to get the Power Test to spawn on Lua... stupid thing!

Are the Moa companions any good? Or just Mastery fodder? Ugly, that's for sure.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Moreau posted:

Ugh, I'm trying to get the Power Test to spawn on Lua... stupid thing!

Are the Moa companions any good? Or just Mastery fodder? Ugly, that's for sure.

Mastery
On
Arrival

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
They're cute and you can pet them in your orbiter

sadly they're not super useful or good at combat despite having some interesting ideas. The hacking one used to be situationally handy, but then they nerfed that too. :smith:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Most of the Moa powers are solid, and they can serve as a platform for the more practical sentinel mods while also having companion tanking capabilities. I built a Moa specifically for synergizing with Hildryn, and it works out great. That said, that's the only time I ever use a Moa. Some people really like their hacking power for changing up how they play spy, but I haven't experimented with it much.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Nalesh posted:

The nitro is regular saryn, not prime.

I know, the point is getting Nitro to get regular Saryn is still a good deal given how much plat you're likely going to have to drop for the prime.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

And regular Saryn is locked behind THE Kela De Thaym so that means lots of Rathuum

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

MOAs are good for pun names and that's about it.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
AkLegs Prime

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
The weirdest thing about the MOAs, to me, is that once you build them all for mastery and model specific mods, those mods can be used universally across all MOAs. So you only have to build up your one favorite looking MOA then you can swap it's functionality around all you like. Mines a tubby little fucker :3:

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
The security moa is great if you want to have an army of chickens following you around on Pluto. Also if you hate spy missions because they'll run half the spy rooms by themselves.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

RoadCrewWorker posted:

The hacking one used to be situationally handy, but then they nerfed that too. :smith:

I've only seen that happen once. I was running Jupiter's spy mission to learn the routes for it, and halfway through the beam blasting part the vault just finished, I was a little sad since I wanted to learn it.

What the gently caress did I just find?

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1161659347480399872

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Moas also don't chase the ball around the orbiter.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Anora posted:

I've only seen that happen once. I was running Jupiter's spy mission to learn the routes for it, and halfway through the beam blasting part the vault just finished, I was a little sad since I wanted to learn it.

:thunk:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I run around with my Arca Plasmoa for the pun factor and for the tractor beam ability for shenanigans with aviator and such.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Unperson_47 posted:

MOAs are good for pun names and that's about it.

There was one of them in a relic group last night, and it seemed like it was always dying and in need of help. It made me feel bad. (I don't even remember the name, but it was a pun.)

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Anora posted:

That's how you make more Roombas.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Those two need to get a room(ba)

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Nidus took me by far the longest, i had a reasonable few hours for the octavia ODS part and got ivara doing solo corpus spies for a few hours on an afternoon, but i think i ran like 30-40 infsalv solo 11 minute C rotations over the course of a week trying to get the last part and got nothing but "80 endo" rewards - which still holds my personal #1 top spot for most mean-spirited drop table entry. It got more fun once i stopped treating it like tedious ember WoF boredom and started using it as a 10 minute benchmark for various other AoE sustain builds, switching frames and mod loadouts between runs. And just calling it for the day after a few runs, obviously

What I found to be the easiest way to do infested salvage was a high duration and power strength Nezha. Pop your halo, pop flamewalker, and run from console to console. Your trail will have more than enough charges dropped in your path, so no searching. If the flames don't kill the infested (which usually happens) they are staggered and easy pickins. Super easy to keep all three consoles at 100%.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The main reason vets get antsy about buying frames from the in game market is that an absolute shitload of very useful stuff is buyable from players, for much better value:plat ratios, such as syndicate mods and weapons, corrupted mods, and of course primes including prime frames.

That said I think one thing vets like me lose track of is that, once you have a large stable of frames and weapons, the grind + foundry time to build a new frame or weapon feels a lot less daunting because it's not like we're going back to just our starter gear, gear that we might already be bored and dissatisfied with. The marginal value of going from 20 frames to 21 frames isn't going to make you impatient enough to just rush it, but for going from 1 to 2 I think the impatience is more understandable.

Anora posted:

Hildryn and Baruuk are behind two rep grinds (Solaris U and then Vox Solaris), Hildryn is worth it to buy if you don't want to wait, Baruuk is not.

Huh, I thought Hildryn was the easier grind, since spider mom isn't a particularly harsh fight, and frankly 6 lazulite toroids felt way less annoying than 9 lesser toroids.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
btw they reversed the hacking Moa nerf, they can hack sorties again, only quest hacks are still gone

only, of course, taking a Moa on a sortie is kinda pointless because they can't have the same durability of like a sentinel or a kavat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Anora posted:

those roombas are named daphnis and chloe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daphnis_and_Chloe