Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

those woodchuck teeth are loving hypnotizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is the basis of the recession ? I understood last decades but this one ? too much debt drowning out demand ?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/GlitchTVBot/status/1161627642539458563

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

Lol, the fed rates right before our last recession was 5.25, so we had 5.25 points worth of cuts we could make to encourage the economy. We're currently at 2.25.

we also have a predatory mercantilist as potus whose political cadre is divided on the issue of fiat vs gold-backed currency

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

quote:

“The truth is that recessions come and go as a natural part of the economic cycle. Right now, we’re in a sweet spot that could last a generation,” the user wrote. “Or not.”
LOL a generation without a recession

triple sulk posted:

just kidding, anime stinks
gently caress;

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

euphronius posted:

what is the basis of the recession ? I understood last decades but this one ? too much debt drowning out demand ?

Ttumhtc!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I think there was a proverb about this something something don't ride on a wild tiger something something get mauled when you try to get off

ride me- you can't get tiger'd again

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I was wondering what Randy Quaid was up to these days.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

this is why we had a revolution in the first place: to overthrow the british crown's marxist trade policies where they always won

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

I think when the number collapsing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Squizzle posted:

we also have a predatory mercantilist as potus whose political cadre is divided on the issue of fiat vs gold-backed currency

it’s like he’s literally from the 1700s

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

retrofitting home roofs to be able to carry a 4" layer of soil and some drought tolerant grasses would not only massively reduce energy spent on heating and cooling but also filter out a ton of carbon dioxide along with providing a gently caress ton of green jobs

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Imagine thinking the economy worked like a tide and had to roll back as a matter of course when we could just institute debt forgiveness as taught in the bible and give away free coats

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Pounded In The Butt By My Own Exploration Of Ethics And Philosophy Set Against The Backdrop Of Complex Familial Relations In The Setting Of Modernizing Russia

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how did Frum get to Marxist ??? wtf???

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

euphronius posted:

Lagging construction, realty, production, etc because in the last decade wages have stayed stagnant and the only part of the economy that really "recovered" was bullshit financial sector poo poo accelerated by cheap easy debt

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/AlKapDC/status/1161611944526254080

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gringostar posted:

retrofitting home roofs to be able to carry a 4" layer of soil and some drought tolerant grasses would not only massively reduce energy spent on heating and cooling but also filter out a ton of carbon dioxide along with providing a gently caress ton of green jobs

why do you hate coal miners

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
some say the greatest marxist was harpo, but that's debatable depending on your economic model

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

reignofevil posted:

I think there was a proverb about this something something don't ride on a wild tiger something something get mauled when you try to get off
It's "A leopard never changes it's spots, but will always eat your face"

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

id be surprised too if my stand turned out to be the hulkster

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

https://twitter.com/BronzeHammer/status/1099170538520485889?s=20

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

greg land is also apparently a nice agreeäble fella in person, and has a fanbase of people who like to jack off w the xmen

who would turn down and invite to jack off and have some bro time with tthe x men???

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a lib galaxybrain having the name “good enough” is like the chud parkland kid being named kalashnikov said w a stutter

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

triple sulk posted:

is the stock market crashing

should i take out a 401k loan while it's worth anything and spend it on drugs

number go down again

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1161364943947620352

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
FREDERICK NORTH, 2nd EARL OF GUILFORD, KG, PC, a fool: You may not build manufactories! Send me all your raw materials!!!

ME, incredibly wise: This smacks of Marxism.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

euphronius posted:

how did Frum get to Marxist ??? wtf???

imagine having cracked at such a young age you never even get to ping

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
this is one of the all time most dnd posts ive ever seen

quote:

Eh, I wouldn't say that. There are lost of comparisons (especially if you add sexuality/gender to it). Quick examples of tiers of discrimination and prejudice (as in how pervasive it is to your entire identity and life):

Tier 0:
Transgender people

Tier 1:
Black People, Native Americans, Women, Brown People from Across the Ocean post 9-11, Brown people from this side of the ocean in the Reign of Donald (combine any of these races with "woman" or/and "gay/trans" and you're the most discriminated person in the country), LGB people

Tier 2:
Asian people (unless you're Indian, Pakastani, etc. because some people think they caused 9-11 because they're dumb, so they go in tier 1), Jewish people who don't "pass" for "white"

Tier 3:
Anyone who passes for white but looks "slightly ethnic"

Tier 4:
Anyone who looks like the conglomerate of European "average white person"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheRoot/status/1161646123540463616?s=20

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

reignofevil posted:

ah! the wild tiger! it's always been celebrated for its excellence. there is a tiger living in paul masson's california estate inspired by that same wild excellence

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Buck Wildman posted:

why do you hate coal miners

all coal miners must die

:killing:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Gringostar posted:

I'm also a big fan of green roofs op

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

pathetic little tramp posted:

Lol, the fed rates right before our last recession was 5.25, so we had 5.25 points worth of cuts we could make to encourage the economy. We're currently at 2.25.

SHOULD BE ZERO. FED HOLDING BACK HUGE ECONOMY (WHICH WAS TERRIBLE NEAR COLLAPSE 3 YEARS AGO) THAT COULD BE EVEN HUGER. MANY ECONOMIST SAY THIS. SAD.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Gringostar posted:

all coal miners must die

:killing:

They are victims op

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Al! posted:

Posts like these are the only respite I get from impostor syndrome

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
TRUMP

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Al! posted:

I would argue white women belongs in a higher tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lawman 0 posted:

They are victims op

they knew the risks supporting trump

now they face the firing squads