Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Didn't he get a lot of pats on the back a few years ago for having a no-nonsense policy against harassment to women at a tournament he ran (might have been after the whole Cross Assault shitshow)?

Fake Edit: Guess he's doubling down
https://twitter.com/Tampa_Bison/status/1161366526546644994

Edit: gently caress, bad way to start the page. Uh, back to special move talk, I like how Angel's voice line for her Survivor's Banquet DM translates to something like "Do you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?"

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I forget what Heavy D! is saying in Japanese (I think NO GOOD!) when he wins in KoF'94 but it just straight up sounds like he's saying NO poo poo. Which is amazing because very time you win with him you hear "Heavy! Wo-NO poo poo."

In the bizarre and mega-broken kinda sorta its director is given a special thanks in the credits for but not officially related in any way precursor to Samurai Shodown, Shogun Warriors/Fujiyama Buster, it actually had an English dub. But do the dubbing when you do Geisha's spin attack it sounds like she's shouting WHAT A FUCKER! Which is of course amazing because you're a kid playing it in an arcade in the early 90s.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Has anyone in the fgc made a #MeFighterToo joke yet?

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 14, 2019

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I don’t get the joke

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

b_d posted:

I don’t get the joke

Smash humor not funny

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

now thats what im talking about.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yipes and matrix are cool right

As long as Tasty Steve is still cool, I'll have hope for the FGC.

Please don't ruin Tasty Steve for me.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Samsho 1.11 patch notes: https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/samuraishodown/news/ss_patch_1.11_eng.pdf

Basically unless you're a Yoshitora player or someone who needed Genjuro to be busted to care about the game you should be really happy. System changes and most character changes are A++ IMO.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Goodpart posted:

Samsho 1.11 patch notes: https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/samuraishodown/news/ss_patch_1.11_eng.pdf

Basically unless you're a Yoshitora player or someone who needed Genjuro to be busted to care about the game you should be really happy. System changes and most character changes are A++ IMO.

Yeah this for real fuckin' owns. I'm most excited about the help Shiki is getting since I use her a lot+the general timing change for FB and DP moves is good since confusing people about whether you're going to do her QCB+S or her RDP+S is fun and doing that more consistently aftet back dashing will own.

I kinda hate Yoshitora on like every level so hell yeah lol

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

"Increased recovery frames" on like every single Genjuro note is what I wanted to see.

Honestly Yoshitora's probably gonna be fine enough still though, the biggest change is just that jC isn't going to be as stupid of a button anymore, which is fine.

Also great big hell yeah on Yashamaru and Ukyo buffs.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 14, 2019

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
pc when

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Three months after the playerbase drops off

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Smash humor not funny

It's alright sometimes
https://twitter.com/LiquidHbox/status/1159190926360743937?s=19

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Yardbomb posted:

"Increased recovery frames" on like every single Genjuro note is what I wanted to see.

Honestly Yoshitora's probably gonna be fine enough still though, the biggest change is just that jC isn't going to be as stupid of a button anymore, which is fine.

Also great big hell yeah on Yashamaru and Ukyo buffs.

I wasn't expecting to get this many buffs for hanzo, honestly I was really only hoping for safe-on-hit air shuriken and 5D to be a more functional anti-air. Got both of those and a ton of stuff that looks like it may make his teleports more reliable :getin:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Haven't been at work for like half an hour and it's already insanely hard to not just be like I'm busy today sorry and go home and play Samurai Shodown all day.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

YESSS Kyoshiro's frog is now unblockable (don't worry it doesn't hit you if you're in mid-air so you can jump or back dash out of it).

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm moving shortly and won't have access to my PS4 until October most likely. First thing I'm doing is picking up Samurai Shodown. Hopefully the online is a better experience by then too

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
What's a pursuit attack

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
On the samsho patchnotes I'm a little confused on some of Charlotte's-- did they remove invulnerability completely for the startup of her medium DP, and then increase it for the heavy DP?

Also, expanded hitbox on advancing light slash :getin:
Increased recovery frames on standing kick :getout:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SamSho patch looks great. It's good that p. much everyone got buffs while the two dominant characters got reasonable changes to their kits. Happy with the changes that Tengu Man got as well for recovery/pushback and damage.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

pretty soft girl posted:

I wasn't expecting to get this many buffs for hanzo, honestly I was really only hoping for safe-on-hit air shuriken and 5D to be a more functional anti-air. Got both of those and a ton of stuff that looks like it may make his teleports more reliable :getin:

Trip report:

Shurikens are a lot harder to punish, even on block. Can sometimes still be punished on hit if your positioning is wrong.
Cloak teleport (421S/K) comes out super quick now. Seems like it's even possible to cross someone up with rage 214C followed by a behind teleport.
Command grabs do enough damage now to be a respectable punish/threat, its particularly noticable on his running grab. During rage burst his stationary heavy grab does around 25-30% now.
Seems like ninjas can't log teleport to punish combos anymore, so no more wiggling out of jubei dp or hit confirms into weapon flip
Invulnerability on teleport startups is definitely better feeling but I don't really have a handle on it. They seem like they were evading late attacks more often.
Didn't really get a good feel for the 5K buff, didn't have anyone jumping in in me

Overall I'm pretty thrilled with the changes, especially the command grab damage buff. Pre-patch was an uphill battle against anyone who knew the matchup since his damage was real bad and his ability to open someone up was pretty gimmicky. Speeding up his 421 teleports makes his toolset feel complete in that regard

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

RichterIX posted:

On the samsho patchnotes I'm a little confused on some of Charlotte's-- did they remove invulnerability completely for the startup of her medium DP, and then increase it for the heavy DP?

Also, expanded hitbox on advancing light slash :getin:
Increased recovery frames on standing kick :getout:

Using Charlotte a lot this makes sense to me because her medium DP was way better and more useful than the other two versions while the heavy one was especially bad IMO.

I'll miss kneeing people a lot though. :/

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

seriously

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Darli and Kyoshiro buffs look great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that the PS4 release really was blatantly a beta test for the actual game they had to put out bc they advertised it as a Evo game. Loving this new trend in FGs

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
That has been happening for a long time in some form or another. Every Tekken game has a really rough initial arcade release that gets refined by the time the game hits consoles. Street fighter in every iteration has multiple releases to address things that didn’t come up in internal testing. It’s just a faster release cycle now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I cant believe they nerfed my charlotte knee spam

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully it survives until pc release at least.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Pockyless posted:

That has been happening for a long time in some form or another. Every Tekken game has a really rough initial arcade release that gets refined by the time the game hits consoles. Street fighter in every iteration has multiple releases to address things that didn’t come up in internal testing. It’s just a faster release cycle now.

there's a marked difference in paying $60 up front for an incomplete or busted game for the sake of EVO marketing vs either of those two examples

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
They didn't seem to get my note that Darli needs Jimi Hendrix guitar solos playing behind each button press. I'll make sure to leave another message on the office phone.

Also gently caress Floe, gently caress Infiltration, gently caress Gilty (at least they knew enough that they were a problem and apologized) and gently caress the FGC old guard that runs the big events.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

dragon enthusiast posted:

there's a marked difference in paying $60 up front for an incomplete or busted game for the sake of EVO marketing vs either of those two examples

How is samurai showdown incomplete or busted? It has had very good reception and the latest patch is just a large balance patch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pockyless posted:

How is samurai showdown incomplete or busted? It has had very good reception and the latest patch is just a large balance patch.

The lobby system was absurd and tons of characters had hosed Up hitboxes or bugs (the most glaring being when you disarm Nak she would just disappear).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unblockable frog is my friend

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

In Training posted:

(the most glaring being when you disarm Nak she would just disappear).

This was a problem that seemingly only happened to people who were still downloading the game, it was weird for the like, dozens at most it ever happened to but c'mon.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I understand the frustration but it's playing vanilla Samurai Shodown 2019 I can't imagine calling it broken or incomplete compared to the state some fighting games are in when they're released. Clearly it could have been better, like any game could have, but what's there is a complete game. Otherwise by that definition every single video game ever made was released incomplete.

Real hurthling! posted:

Unblockable frog is my friend

They finally made a fighting game move that's literally :getin:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Pockyless posted:

it was announced as an EVO game before anybody even had a chance to play a trade show demo of it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I hope Kyoshiro is a real character so I can play him when the PC version comes out in 2022.

(I'll probably still play Charlotte)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The most obvious tell is the free character season pass imo. That's just them admitting the roster isn't done yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dragon enthusiast posted:

it was announced as an EVO game before anybody even had a chance to play a trade show demo of it

They made a hard read and it paid off