Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I, a centrist, think we should go back to a simpler and more unifying time in our nation's history,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The best part of the olympic ceremony was Cameron being booed in front of the entire world.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

If you're a Labour supporter and your MP is one of the largely right wing ones, do you still volunteer for canvassing if able?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I, a centrist, think we should go back to a simpler and more unifying time in our nation's history,

lol

So my dea dear sister's birthday is tomorrow and has asked that instead of giving her gifts we donate to a fundraiser she is doing. Which is all very nice, but she's raising money for PETA UK. I don't want to be a dickhead to my sister but I also don't want to give money to those wankers. What do?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tarnop posted:

If you're a Labour supporter and your MP is one of the largely right wing ones, do you still volunteer for canvassing if able?

Yes because it still might get Corbyn in

Then campaign internally for the MP to be replaced by a leftier one when the opportunity presents

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Having your pedo friend killed while in prison for doing pedo stuff, and who you often went to pedo island with on Pedo Airways to do pedo stuff would stress anyone out, I guess....

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

communism bitch posted:

lol

So my dea dear sister's birthday is tomorrow and has asked that instead of giving her gifts we donate to a fundraiser she is doing. Which is all very nice, but she's raising money for PETA UK. I don't want to be a dickhead to my sister but I also don't want to give money to those wankers. What do?

Say you did, but don't.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

communism bitch posted:

lol

Donate to battersea doggoes and cattes home instead, and tell her as much

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

communism bitch posted:

lol

Tell her you did the donation and instead donate to a good charity that actually helps animals. She doesn’t need to know and you’ve done a better job of satisfying what she really wants.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Vlex posted:

Having your pedo friend killed while in prison for doing pedo stuff, and who you often went to pedo island with on Pedo Airways to do pedo stuff would stress anyone out, I guess....

Any non-parody accounts reporting that?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

communism bitch posted:

lol

eh it's her choice, it's her present. if you're uncomfortable talk to her about it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

communism bitch posted:

lol

Go to Oxfam and do one of those "buy a goat" things, or donate to the RSPCA in her name or something. PETA do more work in advertising PETA than anything else and should gently caress off, signed a life long vegetarian.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Go to Oxfam and do one of those "buy a goat" things, or donate to the RSPCA in her name or something. PETA do more work in advertising PETA than anything else and should gently caress off, signed a life long vegetarian.

Lifelong you say? What about all those nutrients you consumed in the womb?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Only the finest vegetarian nutrients accepted.

Actually, that's a lie, my gran once fed me sausages because I don't think she was very happy that her daughter-in-law was a vegetarian.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Life begins with the birth certificate Pope Paul.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

communism bitch posted:

lol

Depends heavily on what kind of relationship you have with your sister.

For example with my siblings I could tell them "don't be a loving wanker, PETA is loving terrible you idiot" without fear of offending them, but if that's not a possibility then politely tell them you've been involved with another charity and tell them you donated there instead, or if you have a weird distant relationship just tell them you did and don't I guess

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I uh, walked into the wrong off licence on holiday.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1161670830805397506?s=19

Lol, I was 50/50 on that being fake but uh...

https://twitter.com/ukhomeoffice/status/1161629920856084481?s=19

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Necrothatcher posted:

Ma che cazzo

Is it called "Il Duce" or what

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Communism bitch does your sister need a mug? I know a guy who could bring a novel one back to the UK

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Pochoclo posted:

Ma che cazzo

Is it called "Il Duce" or what

It was called Bar Lebensmittel. They also had shot glasses with Mussolini on them that said NOSTALGIA on the front, but they spotted me taking photos and I thought I'd better get out of there.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Necrothatcher posted:

trying to imagine getting that through customs and failing

ed: ^^^ Bar Midlife?

ah, no, Bar Food

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 14, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/DerbyChrisW/status/1161326928726515712?s=20

Sure, you could donate to local foodbanks or homeless charities, or you could donate to Chris WIlliamson's crowdfunding campaign to get sue the Labour Party. Never mind that he's paid £79,468 a year and could be funding this himself (or y'know, could have stopped putting his food in his mouth several years ago but that's asking a bit much).

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Necrothatcher posted:

Wtf

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Offa's Dyke trip report, day 4:

Walking 7/10: Not quite up to the spectacle of yesterday's romp across the Black Mountains, but still a lovely long ramble through the borderlands countryside. Getting a little worried about all the commons hilltops being absolutely covered in ferns, cant be good for the biodiversity? Otherwise many lovely sheep, but I wish they'd stop pooing on the path.
Sogginess 6/10: persistent drizzle and low clouds for most of the day meant that we spent 95% in our rain wear, thank gently caress I got a very nice hard shell from my fiance. Pant status mainly dry, but very soggy shoes that may finally need replacing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

communism bitch posted:

lol

Get her a fur coat.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

I'd post some pics but apparently I need to have an imgur account for the mobile version and hell no.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Junior G-man posted:

I'd post some pics but apparently I need to have an imgur account for the mobile version and hell no.
The awful app can upload to imgur with no account.

Necrothatcher posted:

It was called Bar Lebensmittel. They also had shot glasses with Mussolini on them that said NOSTALGIA on the front, but they spotted me taking photos and I thought I'd better get out of there.
Open one across the street called Bar Mitzvah.

Me reading that: What loving takeaway chicken in a box comes with a knife anywahhh they're just racist.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And now I want KFC, and a knife, cheers home office.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

cutlery for finger food smdh

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Did not know that was a thing, cool!

Here's a slightly better weather shot a bit east of Kington.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

And now I want KFC, and a knife, cheers home office.
:same:

I have southern fried chicken in the fridge but I've already made a start on doing sausages and jacket potato and homophobic English meatballs.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

:same:

I have southern fried chicken in the fridge but I've already made a start on doing sausages and jacket potato and homophobic English meatballs.

They're only homophobic if they're not touching.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

quote:

(or y'know, could have stopped putting his food in his mouth several years ago but that's asking a bit much).

Asking him to starve himself to death probably is, tbf

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Necrothatcher posted:

Entschuldigung, bitte, aber wo sind die Hitlerchips? :confused:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I keep getting the knifefree ads on twitch, its amazing how far the whole thing goes to exclude any sort of economic reasoning, you just have to get a job/go to college/join a youth club to not get stabbed! I'm knifefree!

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9Qyrd_9o8

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 14, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't think of any more effective advertising for something than the government telling me not to do it tbh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Life is easier when you don't have to look over your shoulder."

Okay, great, that works if everybody stops carrying knives, but not just if you do and others continue to.

Like, that's one of the foundational ideas of civilization, most of which is just *schniff* abstractions of violence. You have a justice and welfare and civil guard system that's good enough, you don't need to go around armed at all hours. You have an excellent one and you don't have to go around armed ever. This is always because of other people/systems being willing to do violence on your behalf, but through so many layers of abstraction that it stops being 'you get stabbed and die' violence.

Guess what happens when a group of people feel that systems are unwilling unable to be relied upon to do that abstract violence on their behalf.

This, it's this that happens.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Guess what happens when a group of people feel that systems are unwilling unable to be relied upon to do that abstract violence on their behalf.

This, it's this that happens.

If only these people had had access to chicken boxes that said #knifefree, the tragedy may have been averted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/DerbyChrisW/status/1161326928726515712?s=20

Sure, you could donate to local foodbanks or homeless charities, or you could donate to Chris WIlliamson's crowdfunding campaign to get sue the Labour Party. Never mind that he's paid £79,468 a year and could be funding this himself (or y'know, could have stopped putting his food in his mouth several years ago but that's asking a bit much).

And the campaign is run by a Syria chemical weapon truther as well
https://twitter.com/Brian_Whit/status/1161621338370400258