Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Most instances of Future Steve in this series has him like, really fit. Good for him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Most instances of Future Steve in this series has him like, really fit. Good for him!

And Super Gay.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Vakal posted:

And Super Gay.

Poor Francine. Married to a gay Japanese man who speaks French.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
This show got ridiculously mean-spirited.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

sassassin posted:

Hahahahaha are you pointing to a fundamental shift this season or episode? Because: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa3saMEx-BI&t=114s

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

sassassin posted:

You mean Family Guy? Now there’s a show that constantly punches down and not in a funny way.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Bad news for turtle hybrid Snot.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Doubtful Guest posted:

Bad news for full turtle Snot.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Doubtful Guest posted:

Bad news for turtle hybrid Snot.

How did I get this way!? He can't even explain it to us!!!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The_Doctor posted:

You mean Family Guy? Now there’s a show that constantly punches down and not in a funny way.

Eh, Family Guy pretty much did exactly this episode a few years ago but with Meg instead of Klaus.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
They haven't been that nasty to Klaus in a while. Maybe that was one of those rejected scripts that got pulled out of the trash and repurposed. Might also explain why Jeff vanished so quickly.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Eh, Family Guy pretty much did exactly this episode a few years ago but with Meg instead of Klaus.

right but see it's funnier here because the joke is A) Klaus is a fish, B) Klaus is constantly shown to be a scumbag and weirdo, and C) it's so over the top and insane it's funny. With Family Guy making GBS threads on Meg they just kinda are taking one of the few as close to normal characters they can have and going 'I loving wish you'd die you dumb fat bitch'.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I didn't really care for the tone of this week's episode either. It felt at odds with the "Klaus' consciousness gets put into Stan's car" episode from a season or two ago. Still laughed at a lot of points, but it felt meaner than the show typically is, even taking Roger's constant bitchiness into account.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Did you try to get into my phone?

Look at this, I'm locked out and there's chicken grease all over the screen!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Majorian posted:

I didn't really care for the tone of this week's episode either. It felt at odds with the "Klaus' consciousness gets put into Stan's car" episode from a season or two ago. Still laughed at a lot of points, but it felt meaner than the show typically is, even taking Roger's constant bitchiness into account.

Yeah it was a step too far IMO. I actually like the car one though. And don't be fooled by sassassin. He hates the show and whines about it incessantly in the gbs simpsons thread

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

need more episodes with klaus being stan's valet plz

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TheFattestPat posted:

They haven't been that nasty to Klaus in a while. Maybe that was one of those rejected scripts that got pulled out of the trash and repurposed. Might also explain why Jeff vanished so quickly.

Yeah I can see it

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah it was a step too far IMO. I actually like the car one though. And don't be fooled by sassassin. He hates the show and whines about it incessantly in the gbs simpsons thread

But does he like New Simpsons?

Also, I got my friend to start watching it. Both of us used to say we hated American Dad! but that tune has since changed.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm fooling people by saying I don't like the show now when really I don't like the show now.

You got me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I, for one, couldn't possibly give a poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Remember, this is the future" and "two future weeks later" were great, and there were some good jokes like "we can just paint some eyes on [that tangerine]". But yeah the episode felt weirdly mean-spirited and more Family Guy than American Dad.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

right but see it's funnier here because the joke is A) Klaus is a fish, B) Klaus is constantly shown to be a scumbag and weirdo, and C) it's so over the top and insane it's funny. With Family Guy making GBS threads on Meg they just kinda are taking one of the few as close to normal characters they can have and going 'I loving wish you'd die you dumb fat bitch'.

Yeah folks should remember that Klaus is the same guy that was REALLY into Simpler Times Mountain.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz7I1cgrjy4

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Klaus is also a literal nazi

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Anyone else spot the deer walking past the Smith house? It was a callback to that episode where Roger drives his car for 100k miles and gets super fat.

Also, yeah this episode was a lil mean to Klaus but comparing it to Family Guy is a bit too much. I laugh at jokes that spite Klaus but I actually care about him and the family. FG family has earned no goodwill since they are shallow, terrible characters.

Francine is so much better as a character then Lois.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Klaus is also a literal nazi

They really toned down that particular poo poo.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

cant cook creole bream posted:

They really toned down that particular poo poo.

In that episode where they were trying to come up with Pizza Overlord jingles they "updated" Klaus to be a QAnon mouth breather. In following episodes they also add Redditor and incel to his list of unsavory traits. At least I thought they did? Am I remembering correctly or did I fall into the American Dad mobius strip of season ordering and the Nazi angle is actually the newer one?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

If nothing else Klaus is definitely racist, I recall the hilarious scene from the Familyland episode where they are parodying the "it's a small world after all" ride at Disney and he's all in. Klaus is an irredeemable piece of poo poo like the rest of them and I wouldn't have it any other way. The plot line where he owns a convenience store was genius.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Klaus being a nazi is a good thing to drop and replace with his general conspiracy insanity, but I will say the 'Jeff's back' episode had one of the funniest Klaus lines with him hearing Snot was at Jewish camp and going 'wait, you came BACK from Jewish camp???'

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Klaus hate is really not comparable to the Meg hate. Especially since the former is actually funny, while the latter is just boring.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah Klaus is a funny character, even if he's a horrible fish

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Also, Klaus invented the high-five.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Meg was a high school girl getting bullied by her family, but bullying a fish is inherently funny

I do miss that brief window where Klaus and Roger would be talking about what they had DVR'd or getting ready to watch a show in the middle of the main plot

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I miss Roger erotically sucking on Klaus's body like a popsicle

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

"Roger! Rogu isn't doing his jooooOOOB"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I feel like they have Klaus be just the right amount of horrible and take just the right amount of poo poo for his bad behavior.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

He killed two teenagers!

No wait...

He killed THREE teenagers!

(Don't tell anyone ;) )

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Will say he was surprisingly not lovely about Jurgen stealing his date

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MizPiz posted:

Will say he was surprisingly not lovely about Jurgen stealing his date

Hey man, that was his fault for bringing that wolf Jurgen into the hen house. Players gonna play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Love Klaus's weird hosed up friends