Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He's one of the many that got converted by actually seeing how much it helped someone close. In his case, his brother was paralyzed from a spinal injury, and John saw firsthand how he was able to basically get off pain medication entirely with increased functionality thanks to pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Hey weedthread...does CBD have any good science to back up it's claims? I've seen an explosion of CBD product here in SoCal, but also I'm aware that a lot of research on weed is not necessarily reliable due to the Schedule 1 factor.

DeadmansReach
Mar 7, 2006
Thinks Jewish converts should be genocided to make room for the "real" Jews.

Put this anti-Semite on ignore immediately!
Morgan is really odd character. He's like that friendly guy you talk to at the bar sometime who buys you a drink(He does this a lot, he's bought me and my scumbag friends drinks many times) and has good opinions but still votes for horrible politicians who work against his interests, like DeSantis.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Jaxyon posted:

Hey weedthread...does CBD have any good science to back up it's claims? I've seen an explosion of CBD product here in SoCal, but also I'm aware that a lot of research on weed is not necessarily reliable due to the Schedule 1 factor.

Beyond potentially (but not definitely) being bad for your liver and working at high doses against some forms of MS and epilepsy: no.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 13, 2019

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

CBD has been indicated as helping with pain management and as a sleep aid, or to enhance the effects of thc; that's all I'm aware of that has reasonable evidence supporting it.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mostly as a result of it's property as a mild anti-inflammatory

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jaxyon posted:

I've seen an explosion of CBD product here in SoCal, but also I'm aware that a lot of research on weed is not necessarily reliable due to the Schedule 1 factor.
:shh: they can market and sell CBD derived from hemp since it's not Marijuana :shh:

that kind of CBD is basically useless, from what I hear. Even CBD derived from pot is better if it's full-spectrum and includes some concentration of THC.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

In my experience a higher CBD% cuts the length of being high down a bit per dose, and it clips the paranoia and negative feelings from being 'too high' when you're not used to smoking. So a higher CBD% strain is better for beginners. As far as I know all the cure-all bullshit about CBD is just snake oil as there hasn't really been much research, let alone peer reviewed research about it. I see people on like twitter and instagram showing pictures of their CBD edibles and its like, are you sure its the CBD or maybe eating a cookie made you feel better?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sekhmnet posted:

In my experience a higher CBD% cuts the length of being high down a bit per dose, and it clips the paranoia and negative feelings from being 'too high' when you're not used to smoking. So a higher CBD% strain is better for beginners. As far as I know all the cure-all bullshit about CBD is just snake oil as there hasn't really been much research, let alone peer reviewed research about it. I see people on like twitter and instagram showing pictures of their CBD edibles and its like, are you sure its the CBD or maybe eating a cookie made you feel better?

To the research!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yewlM8CtbQU

Yes, it's about pot in general, not CBD specifically. I don't know that there is enough research to meaningfully split them up.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I bought some cod oil inn a state where real pot is illegal and it definitely got me mildly high. Bought another container and it feels like nothing. I’ve heard quality control can be all over the place so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the cbd hype is people getting poorly controlled product with thc and falsely attributing those effects to cbd

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Squalid posted:

I bought some cod oil inn a state where real pot is illegal and it definitely got me mildly high. Bought another container and it feels like nothing. I’ve heard quality control can be all over the place so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the cbd hype is people getting poorly controlled product with thc and falsely attributing those effects to cbd

Something's fishy here.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Lprsti99 posted:

Something's fishy here.

lol whoops

now I'm wondering if I can get me some fish oil from that dreamfish what makes you hallucinate. Could be the next big fad supplement

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Squalid posted:

lol whoops

now I'm wondering if I can get me some fish oil from that dreamfish what makes you hallucinate. Could be the next big fad supplement
I do a little phil fish on the weekends when I'm bored and I want to see higher dimensions.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1163822652559114240?s=19

Still needs a dictionary

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Hey guys, if we inject people with pure THC the go psychotic:

https://twitter.com/ErikMessamoreMD/status/1176585412845998085?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought there was already a proven link (in people with a certain gene who have also suffered childhood trauma (and it's 4x less pronounced than with alcohol)).

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

KingEup posted:

Hey guys, if we inject people with pure THC the go psychotic:

https://twitter.com/ErikMessamoreMD/status/1176585412845998085?s=20

Yeah at 100MG we seen to see a spike in anxiety!
At 500Mg we see them talking to walls my god

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

old, but demonstrates the difference between thc and full-spectrum flower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2cAFRAX3Gs

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'd like to volunteer for that test next time they run it

https://twitter.com/MarijuanaPolicy/status/1176975776161439746

This would allow banks to legally work with dispensaries in states with legal weed

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Glumslinger posted:

I'd like to volunteer for that test next time they run it

https://twitter.com/MarijuanaPolicy/status/1176975776161439746

This would allow banks to legally work with dispensaries in states with legal weed

Are there any signs it could pass the Senate?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Then Penn Governor and Lt. Governor both announced they are supporting full adult recreational legalization.

The Penn state legislature is still controlled by Republicans however so it'll probably go no where however.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/gov-wolf-lt-gov-fetterman-announce-report-next-steps-after-adult-use-recreational-marijuana-tour/

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Are there any signs it could pass the Senate?

Apparently the chair of the finance committee (R-ID) and Rubio both support it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Today I learned intravenous THC exists neat

Also I hope I don't have the THC psychosis gene, I'm already pretty drat hosed by meme inheritance already

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

T-man posted:

Today I learned intravenous THC exists neat

Also I hope I don't have the THC psychosis gene, I'm already pretty drat hosed by meme inheritance already

The scientific community has described cannabis intoxication as psychosis or psychosis-like or psychotomimetic for like seventy years

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Inspector Hound posted:

The scientific community has described cannabis intoxication as psychosis or psychosis-like or psychotomimetic for like seventy years

intentionally inducing psychosis to get high

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

So this is interesting: Two-thirds of Californians actively want dispensaries in their communities. Rather than NIMBYs, the problem seems to be paternalistic elected officials worried about moral turpitude and crime.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Legalizing weed also has strong national level support, but nevertheless there's been hardly any movement on legalizing it federally. IIRC the issue is that while most people think it should be legalized, it's not a dealbreaker issue to many the way taxes or gay marriage can be. People aren't gonna vote out their favored councilperson just because of a bad weed stance if they like their other positions.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Vermont is trying to pass a bad legalization bill s.54 that caps sales at 30% thc flower, 60% concentrates, bans "non cartridge oils" (unclear how they classify concentrates vs oil)

I'm already set up for free weed and dabs forever, but I'll be calling my reps to oppose this on principle.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Tim Raines IRL posted:

Vermont is trying to pass a bad legalization bill s.54 that caps sales at 30% thc flower, 60% concentrates, bans "non cartridge oils" (unclear how they classify concentrates vs oil)

I'm already set up for free weed and dabs forever, but I'll be calling my reps to oppose this on principle.

I called all my reps today to make sure that they know that the upshot of the current law, if it's passed, is that someone who gets stopped with 4g shatter that's 70% THC and says "I bought it in a store", it's evidence of a crime -- but if they say "Tim Raines IRL made this at home with a closed-loop extractor and gave it to me for no remuneration" that's legal

super enforceable guys

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I called all my reps today to make sure that they know that the upshot of the current law, if it's passed, is that someone who gets stopped with 4g shatter that's 70% THC and says "I bought it in a store", it's evidence of a crime -- but if they say "Tim Raines IRL made this at home with a closed-loop extractor and gave it to me for no remuneration" that's legal

super enforceable guys

That sounds like strait up bullshit.

The enforcement is impossible and stupid
you hit part of it. But what about the court side? You cant mount a viable defense because of the variability of acquisition.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 14, 2019

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That sounds like strait up bullshit.

The enforcement is impossible and stupid
you hit part of it. But what about the court side? You cant mount a viable defense because of the variability of acquisition.

What's impossible about it? Cop seses guy he wants to harass, uses this to harass them. Works great for the cops, especially how they can cearly then choose to hold you to "test" things if they need an excuse for further harassment.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

fishmech posted:

What's impossible about it? Cop seses guy he wants to harass, uses this to harass them. Works great for the cops, especially how they can cearly then choose to hold you to "test" things if they need an excuse for further harassment.

And it's a feature, not a bug. :(

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It doesn't sound like the best idea, but if it's only sale and not possession that's illegal by percentage then it sounds more like the laws that prohibit selling 190 proof alcohol for human consumption.

How often do those get used to harass people (as consumers rather than vendors) compared to, say, open container or street drinking laws?

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Tim Raines IRL posted:

super enforceable guys

Where are you getting that there's a proposal to limit concentration? I read the bill, s.54 as passed by the senate, and there's nothing in there that mentions 70% for concentrates, or anything else about concentration limits except wrt differentiating from hemp

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wistful of Dollars posted:

3 months in I can confirm that daily life in Canada is exactly the same post-legalization.

Aside from seeing weed shops and ads you'd never know the difference.

:shrug:

Just as a follow up now that we're at the 1st anniversary of legalization; I can confirm that nothing has changed from the above.

(Well, edibles are now legal but w/e)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nothing has changed since cannabis legalization except for the availability of legal cannabis

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Just as a follow up now that we're at the 1st anniversary of legalization; I can confirm that nothing has changed from the above.

Minus BC shuttering most of its non-gov stores, anyway

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I'm not sure what you were expecting to change?

Of course, there may actually be changes going on that are too subtle for you to notice. For example research in the United States in places where cannabis were legalized found a number of benefits. The most obvious of course are there are fewer people being arrested. Also they found improvement in clearance rates for violent crimes, that is the proportion of criminal investigations that end in trials/convictions. This is one index of the effectiveness of law enforcement. A suggested cause of the increase was that police were wasting less time chasing kids smoking up in parks and more time working serious cases.

I don't know how much tax revenue Canada has earned, but I doubt it is high enough to be obviously apparent to anybody but the government accountants.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Squalid posted:

I'm not sure what you were expecting to change?

Of course, there may actually be changes going on that are too subtle for you to notice. For example research in the United States in places where cannabis were legalized found a number of benefits. The most obvious of course are there are fewer people being arrested. Also they found improvement in clearance rates for violent crimes, that is the proportion of criminal investigations that end in trials/convictions. This is one index of the effectiveness of law enforcement. A suggested cause of the increase was that police were wasting less time chasing kids smoking up in parks and more time working serious cases.

I don't know how much tax revenue Canada has earned, but I doubt it is high enough to be obviously apparent to anybody but the government accountants.

I wasn't expecting anything to change. I'm merely confirming that life continues as normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

reefer madness overtaking the streets, hostess plants overrun by hordes of munchies monsters nobody works anymore the power is starting to fail but all the engineers are couchlocked staring at their hands so ended washington state RIP