Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

ubachung posted:

I'm gonna drop it now

Congrats on making it nine minutes

edit not related to dumb guy: I'm assuming they mean CBD oil, which is cannabis-based

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Azathoth posted:

Buddy, just take the L and stop posting here for a bit.

I did this already and then KM decided to have another go at me.

If people keep trying to poo poo on me I'll keep pushing back.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SBS News posted:

A woman who was raped and suffered a stillbirth is now facing a murder trial

A woman who delivered a stillborn baby after being raped is now facing a lengthy prison sentence.

Prosecutors in El Salvador allege Evelyn Beatríz Hernández Cruz deliberately induced an abortion as a teenager.

The now 21-year-old will go on trial for the second time, despite a court ordering her release from jail earlier this year.

The young woman had served three years behind bars when lawyers successfully argued the rape victim was unaware she was pregnant at the time of the stillbirth.

Prosecutors have long argued Ms Hernandez is guilty of murder because she failed to seek out antenatal care.

Activists have followed the woman’s case and the retrial is threatening to unsettle support groups who had celebrated Ms Hernandez’s initial court victory.

El Salvador remains a deeply conservative nation with the church a highly influential force in public discourse.

Abortion has been illegal in the Central American country since 1998 with dozens of women prosecuted for manslaughter and homicide for suffering still birth or miscarriage.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pvt.Scott posted:

Does CBD refer to cannabis oil or something else entirely?

Central Business District.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ubachung posted:

I did this already and then KM decided to have another go at me.

There's nothing you can do at this point to not look like a whiny little poo poo. Recognize that you lost again and just go away.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Inceltown posted:

Central Business District.

Oh, that makes a lot more sense

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MedicalXpress posted:

Unwanted sexual attention plagues young women going out at night
A disturbingly high proportion of young people, particularly women, experience unwanted sexual attention in entertainment districts across Queensland.

This is the bad news from a two-year, independent evaluation of the Queensland government's 2016 "Tackling Alcohol-Fuelled Violence" (TAFV) policy (the good news included a significant statewide reduction in serious assaults).

One in three patrons reported unwanted sexual attention—including harassment, unwanted touching, or sexual gestures—in or around a licensed venue in the preceding three months. Among those who reported unwanted sexual attention, two in three women (68%) also reported physical and/or verbal aggression.

The rate of unwanted sexual attention was highest for young women (ages 18-24). More than 50% had experienced this harm in the previous three months, as the chart below shows.

In the Fortitude Valley entertainment district, a staggering one in four reported unwanted sexual attention on the night they were interviewed (26% of 262 female patrons interviewed and followed up the next day).

Over the two-year evaluation, 4,055 patrons (43% female) were interviewed on Saturday nights on the streets of three entertainment districts—Cairns, Fortitude Valley (Brisbane) and Surfers Paradise (Gold Coast).

While the rates fluctuated over time in these areas, the rate of unwanted sexual attention didn't change when comparing the months before and after the TAFV policy took effect. The chart below shows the trend for Fortitude Valley.

Proportion of patrons in Cairns, Fortitude Valley and Surfers Paradise entertainment districts who experienced unwanted sexual attention in the 3 months prior, by sex and age category.

[...]

I wonder if there is a pattern in my posting or if the thread doesn't actually need to pull up.

It also should be noted that my posts are all things from today.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ugh, double trauma and double jeopardy. Guess this is what Americans get to look forward to.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inceltown posted:

In a slight change of format have an unnerving narrative presented by the media.

On Tuesday here in Sydney a man went and stabbed a 24 year old sex worker to death before going out into the street to stab more people in an attempt to suicide by cop. (Being Australia he only had a knife and was stopped with a chair and a milk crate before the police could even arrive). In a turn of events that will probably only be a surprise to 1 poster in the thread she's being described as a 'catholic school girl' by the news media here.

Pretty unnerving to realize that they're pushing this narrative because the public doesn't care about sex workers

The "former Catholic school girl" bit is a really fuckin' weird detail though.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Pretty unnerving to realize that they're pushing this narrative because the public doesn't care about sex workers

The "former Catholic school girl" bit is a really fuckin' weird detail though.

It's not just not caring about sex workers, it's the catholic school girl line specifically because everyone knows she was a sex worker murdered during an appointment. They're layering the creepy very deep.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inceltown posted:

It's not just not caring about sex workers, it's the catholic school girl line specifically because everyone knows she was a sex worker murdered during an appointment. They're layering the creepy very deep.

Okay, yeah, that is intensely hosed up.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Hey remember that “Age Gap Love” thing I posted a bit ago? Here’s a celebration of another “age gap” couple, who got together when one was 49 and the other 16 presented like a charming romcom, by a prominent LGBTQ+ news source.

https://twitter.com/pinknews/status/1161638487407452160?s=21

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
pedo culture

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

pedo culture

fueled and fed by the world-spanning open secret billionaire pedo cabal

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Busket Posket posted:

Hey remember that “Age Gap Love” thing I posted a bit ago? Here’s a celebration of another “age gap” couple, who got together when one was 49 and the other 16 presented like a charming romcom, by a prominent LGBTQ+ news source.

Uuuuugh.
Like if it was 49 and 19 I'd be making a face but at least everyone would have been some sort of adult, but this story isn't even meeting that low low bar.

Like where age of consent laws are 16 my feeling is that it's still mostly teenagers with teenagers, there's no loving excuse for someone that much older to come preying on a 16 year old.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

ubachung posted:

I said both genders do stupid poo poo and you read misogyny into that. Then you and a few others jumped straight to strawmen and ad hominems. You invented a position for me to hold so you could attack it, and now you claim I'm the disingenuous one. Un loving believable.

:allears:

I'm sure you'd love to keep writing insults at me but I'm gonna drop it now because I doubt you'll ever give me the benefit of the doubt and I can practically feel a probation hanging over me.
There was a post talking specifically about a horrible thing women did to themselves and was done due to pressures of society stigmatizing women's bodies. This is literally a part of the definition of what the loving patriarchy is. You then claim that it ain't the patriarchy because women also do bad things on their own initiative, despite this being a complete non-sequitur. This sort of massive stupidity on the definitions of language is a common enough that it's far safer to just assume you're a misogynist pretending to be completely stupid, than believe you're actually that stupid.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lonely El Paso husband invites public to slain wife's funeral

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

teen witch posted:

Stuff You Missed In History Class just did a two parter on Thalidomide (bone-chilling as gently caress episode) and she was mentioned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherri_Chessen?wprov=sfti1

The rest of the article is a goddamn chain reaction of :gonk: .

I audibly gasped when the doctor talked to her about the baby afterwards. gently caress.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
What's unnerving is a self-proclaimed racist misandrist using this thread as a platform to screech about their hateful opinions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Busket Posket posted:

Stephen Fry, at 57, married a 27-year-old he had only met a few months prior. Twenty-seven is much "better" than 16, but it still bugged me. OTOH, they're still together four years later...

(Also, the tweet appears to have been deleted)

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

snake and bake posted:

What's unnerving is a self-proclaimed racist misandrist using this thread as a platform to screech about their hateful opinions.

What's unnerving is reddit-tier MRA hot takes in PYF of all god-damned places. Misandry ain't real, chum.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Whiz Palace posted:

Stephen Fry, at 57, married a 27-year-old he had only met a few months prior. Twenty-seven is much "better" than 16, but it still bugged me. OTOH, they're still together four years later...

27 is incontrovertibly an adult with a fully developed brain and real life experience, 16 is not. The age difference might be a little weird, but they're both grown-rear end men and they appear to be making it work.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
At 27 the kid still had like a greasy adolescent sheen though, that's a weird gross age gap anyway

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I hope this doesn't sound weird. I'm a pediatric nurse, and all my patients are great, but I am a total sucker for the little girls. Like, if they said they wanted to get a pony after their shots, I would be like yes, yes you can. Let's go get a pony! A castle in Scotland, of course! I'll look right now! We can definitely get a gallon of ice cream after you're done with your visit!

The boys are fun too, but they're more like bros - talking about video games, and sports and such.

The docs give me a hard time because, now and then, I'll just be listening to them tell me stories about summer vacation, or playing with friends, or whatever and get wrapped up in listening, just because they're particularly gregarious our being silly.

That being said, they're all beautiful kids, but loving goddamn they're KIDS, even at 16, 17, 18 years old. Holy loving poo poo. You don't date children. This middle-aged-dating-teens poo poo makes me want to barf. Sick fuckers, goddamn.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We're on a razor's edge here.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Razor's edge of reaalllllly 100% pedophilia is bad and immeasurably, unquantifiably pedophilia is bad?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My point is that marrying a 27-year-old is not pedophilia, that's not even an edge case.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's not pedophilia but Fry has always been an annoying jackass and not as bright as the person he pretends to be

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It's not pedophilia but a 30 year age gap is gonna still cause a power imbalance

Dating someone your own age is not hard, or worse

Not related to this case in particular but age gaps are also often because women over like 35 are seen as past their expiry date

Killingyouguy! has a new favorite as of 18:23 on Aug 15, 2019

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Whiz Palace posted:

My boyfriend was told by his colleagues at Cambridge that it's a very open secret that Fry fucks 16-18 year olds (or adults who look it) on the reg.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Sarcopenia posted:

My boyfriend was told by his colleagues at Cambridge that it's a very open secret that Fry fucks 16-18 year olds (or adults who look it) on the reg.

That's gross if true and I am not defending that kind of behavior; can't just one celebrity turn out to be actually as nice as they appear to be?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bertrand Hustle posted:

That's gross if true and I am not defending that kind of behavior; can't just one celebrity turn out to be actually as nice as they appear to be?

I think Anthony Hopkins is known to be super nice and friendly. I only know one first hand story about him, but there seems to be a bunch of them. Also once Tim Curry bought one of my co-workers a cab ride home when she told him she was a huge fan outside of a theater in Chicago.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
No. We're all gross apes, some are nastier than others, but all gross.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Try looking at female ones, that helps.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
I think Patrick Stewart is married to someone about 40 years younger than him. She was like 35 when they married.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pick posted:

Try looking at female ones, that helps.

But there's only like 5 female celebrities over the age of 35........oh.....oh I get it.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I used to have a list in my head of famous dudes who I thought couldn't possibly be terrible but despite non of them getting outed as horrid sex pests I can't get myself to believe that I would be surprised by anyone being a outed as a monster tbh. Especially after reading the list of people who signed the Polanski petition. Here are some I remember of the top of my head.
Alejandro Innaritu, Martin Scorsesse, Guillermo Del Toro, Wes Anderson, Mia Farrow, Tilda Swinton, (Emma Thompson, Asia Argento and Natalie Portman apoligized later). And that's not to forget about all of the actors who have worked with or defended him in the last couple of years.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I just don't understand how even with #metoo, Polanski just gets a pass for being a mega rapist. Is it just because people like his art? People liked Kevin Spacey but he's now universally seen as an rear end in a top hat. Why does this dude get a pass? And it's not like there's any ambiguity to his guilt and his crimes are absolutely horrific, way worse than most other people who have been brought down.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bamhand posted:

I just don't understand how even with #metoo, Polanski just gets a pass for being a mega rapist. Is it just because people like his art? People liked Kevin Spacey but he's now universally seen as an rear end in a top hat. Why does this dude get a pass? And it's not like there's any ambiguity to his guilt and his crimes are absolutely horrific, way worse than most other people who have been brought down.

According to Whoopi Goldberg, it wasn't "rape-rape". :staredog:

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 20:11 on Aug 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
How in the gently caress.

What he did was like, this is an episode of Law and Order SVU poo poo. Like Louis CK (who also is an rear end in a top hat) just showed his dick to people who didn't want to see it. And maybe masturbated a little. Polanski is a million times worse.