Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

So why aren't all the people from his black book on CNN and poo poo? Like zero mention of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

karma_coma posted:

So why aren't all the people from his black book on CNN and poo poo? Like zero mention of this poo poo.

its over johnny

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Oh he literally had a servant named Igor sure why not

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Shipon posted:

makes sense, charter schools will facilitate sourcing children for sex slavery more efficiently than public schools would

huh, on the one hand the destruction of public education and victimized children, on the other charter school administrators and investors becoming a demographic much more likely to be found in pieces in the school dumpster.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
:foxnews: is on it

:krakentoot:

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

karma_coma posted:

trump, either at the behest of someone else or operating on oatmeal brain instinct, did the insane conspiracy tweets knowing it would grab the attention of a lovely compromised media that had no appetite for chasing the real poo poo anyway. there'll be a fww more garment rending pieces about jail conditions and nothing ever again about the rest of it.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

This is amazing don't skip out on reading this whole thing.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

What the gently caress

Read the whole thing

https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1161791542564179968

Karl Barks has issued a correction as of 01:30 on Aug 15, 2019

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

what, why is chapo not on this list

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

I’m tired of this senseless Epstein speculation, time to read about something else *glances at financial times and bloomberg news* OH gently caress

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

old.flv posted:

What's this from

The Post story in my post directly above it

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm absolutely jonesing for elaboration on David Copperfield (magician).

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Perry Mason Jar posted:

This is amazing don't skip out on reading this whole thing.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

twoday posted:

what, why is chapo not on this list

most if not all of them arent pedophiles

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

You know what? For a short while there I was beginning to think about how there are a lot of prison reform / abolition people out there doing gods work on an extremely difficult subject for an unbelievably marginalized population, and how regardless of how it's happening that it's good to tell these stories and shine a small light on a system of injustice.

But gently caress it, gently caress these people, gently caress this loving psyop bullshit.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
RIP Igor, dead after an honorable policeman tried and failed to stop him from shooting himself fifteen times in the head with what was coincidentally a standard issue police handgun.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the bit at the end...i hope that reporter is staying safe. loving hell.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
:rip: Igor

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
The Bill Clinton painting is something but I remember before Epstein's "suicide attempt" that a story broke about describing a huge painting that he had in his manhattan mansion that was like the centerpiece for all of his bizarre mannequins hanging from chandeliers and poo poo

and correct me if I'm wrong

but wasn't it described as Epstein being the subject in the middle of this huge painting, and the background was like some kind of jail? If so, just *crack, ping* into eternity, because irony complete.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

David Copperfield has his own rape island called Musha Cay.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
hope Igor is okay

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

never trust a man who uses a flowbee

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

that's a crack pingin'

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Well drat

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

of course

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

Modest Mao posted:

If you have epstein brain click that link and watch that video. Pro-loving-click

lmao

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It's certainly impossible to do to (and possibly at) a certain scale.

Like I can become rich insofar as making six figures and maintain empathy/humanity, but if I become richer than that I lost it along the path (i.e., I would not arrive at billionaire status without already having lost empathy - mostly). Becoming is not necessary to being wealthy, you can simple be rich, as is the case with inherited wealth which represents the vast majority of the bourgeoisie (and to take it a step further everybody in the Western world is wealthy relative to those in the Global South). If you do become rich without inheritance it can still be done without exploitation of others -- you win the lotto, sign a record/sport deal, etc. Those two classes of people don't suffer from the inherently dehumanizing exploitation of others per se (false consciousness figures here, too) but are nonetheless susceptible to the dehumanizing effect of wealth itself but, again, this is a likelihood not a guarantee.

On this principle alone, given the relative wealth of USAsians, you start to understand the morality of Americans writ large - why Americans have no problem with endless wars, police brutality, poverty, and so on.

Nah, the issue with this logic is that you can still use the slave-owner comparison. Someone who inherits slaves is still choosing to benefit from their exploitation. In the same way, pretty much all wealthy people profit off of others' labor through the owning of equity/bonds.

The important distinguishing factor is the "owning the means of production" part. An American who doesn't own land or stocks is closer to someone in a poor country than they are the rich in their own country, because they earn money solely from their labor.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol @ every conspiracy theory being 100% true

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

just leaving this here

quote:

Igor Zinoviev is known for his work on Safe (2012), Little Children (2006) and Oz (1997). See full bio »

edit lol:

quote:

Little Children (2006)
R | 2h 16min | Drama, Romance | 9 February 2007 (USA)

The lives of two lovelorn spouses from separate marriages, a registered sex offender, and a disgraced ex-police officer intersect as they struggle to resist their vulnerabilities and temptations in suburban Massachusetts.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

quote:

Jeffrey Epstein was confident he could fight the child sex trafficking charges against him and was in “great spirits” just hours before his jailhouse death on Saturday morning — even telling one of his lawyers, “I’ll see you Sunday,” The Post has learned.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Nah, the issue with this logic is that you can still use the slave-owner comparison. Someone who inherits slaves is still choosing to benefit from their exploitation. In the same way, pretty much all wealthy people profit off of others' labor through the owning of equity/bonds.

The important distinguishing factor is the "owning the means of production" part. An American who doesn't own land or stocks is closer to someone in a poor country than they are the rich in their own country, because they earn money solely from their labor.

How do the existence of things like IRAs and 401ks work with this analysis? I know this is the *crack ping* thread but to really think about it, aren't tax-advantage investment portfolios basically forcing people to become their own oppressors in some small way

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah for sure man, I mentioned it in the post after that in case it wasn't obvious to everyone.

quote:

It's absolutely a tightrope act though. I really hate money, I don't want for it at all, and I'd live a perfectly happy life making just enough to sustain myself (including small luxuries, which are necessary to normal function) but I'd only go that route knowing others can sustain themselves. I would never exploit anyone to supposedly altruistic ends though, don't fall for that lie.

Shipon posted:

How do the existence of things like IRAs and 401ks work with this analysis? I know this is the *crack ping* thread but to really think about it, aren't tax-advantage investment portfolios basically forcing people to become their own oppressors in some small way

I personally refuse to invest beyond a small Roth IRA, which I still find unethical. It's exploitation with extra steps, outsourced exploitation, I don't think it jives at all. I'll probably take all of it out this year or next (7 years of investment) because the world's ending but I'd leave it if it weren't, ultimately you live in a capitalist system and it's not your fault you can't survive without work unless you play the market (pensions gone).

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Aug 15, 2019

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

just leaving this here

edit lol:

that's a crack! and a ping!!!!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Shipon posted:

Its simultaneously to force people to participate and buy into in the collective oppression of others in some small way as well as a way to gently caress them over through a retirement plan that requires less of the employer than a pension.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

karma_coma posted:

CNN et al have been pushing a baseless and discredited conspiracy theory that trump is a russian manchurian candidate for 3 straight years. they don't have any more editorial space left for *checks notes* sworn depositions that epstein and trump argued over who got to rape a child first in a child sex trafficking conspiracy

Dec 26, 2012

drat guess he changed his mind. weird

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Guess jet cracks can make steel ping!!!

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

WTF was that? My mind is getting blown from this whole case.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

can we just take a moment to once more appreciate that jim acosta said epstein was intelligence connected and afaik absolutely none of the big outlets have expressed any interest in chasing this up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice