Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Milo and POTUS posted:

Venture industries is back on top you say?

can't wait to get me a fruitopia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welp, I'm convinced to stay in the marijuana lane for at least the next few years. No one stops buying their drugs in a recession. They stop paying rent, they skip car notes, drop insurance, etc. They don't quit drinking, smoking or looking for pills, no reason weed won't be the same way.

I look forward to a recession because boomers (in general) need to learn a loving lesson.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The lizard people saw their shadow so we all have to be extra poor for about five years

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hey, RE the guy who shattered a kid's skull over not taking off his hat during the national anthem:

quote:

What his attorney says about the rodeo incident
Lance Jasper, Brockway's attorney, said last week that his client is a military veteran who has a severe traumatic brain injury and has problems with impulse control. Between that and being a disabled veteran who is "uber patriotic," Jasper said, Brockway is influenced by the rhetoric of President Donald Trump.
Referring to times the President has spoken out against athletes and others that kneel or protest during the national anthem and when he suggested possible jail time or loss of citizenship for burning the American flag, Jasper said, "Curt takes that literally and views the President as the commander in chief and when he sees it happening, he feels he needs to do something about it."
Jasper said Brockway expressed remorse the child was hurt.
"He told me 'I guess I messed up because he got hurt. But I'm a patriot,'" Jasper said.

Jasper said he intends to present his client's neuropsychological evaluation to the court. "Curt says he was given an order from (the) commander in chief to make sure people are patriotic," Jasper said.
The maximum sentence for felony assault on a minor, according to a charging document, is five years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Fun note: this guy has PTSD, and serious problems with impulse control, but the state of Montana allows him to own guns still.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

orange juche posted:

Hey, RE the guy who shattered a kid's skull over not taking off his hat during the national anthem:

Fun note: this guy has PTSD, and serious problems with impulse control, but the state of Montana allows him to own guns still.

He needs to be removed from society to prevent him from assaulting more children.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Simply existing in this world is a living lesson in frustration and stress

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

orange juche posted:

Two years probation.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yup. Anyone hoping for a bad recession or a depression can get hosed. The stock market going down significantly is certainly going to impact the wealthy, but their wealth is so diversified into so many areas (bonds, different stocks, real estate, businesses, art, gold) that they will easily ride out the storm, and they will be in a perfect position to buy stuff like property and housing and stocks when the prices are really low throughout the recession. 5 years after the recession, they're more wealthy than they ever were before.

The average worker is going to be hosed. Unemployment will increase dramatically, and if Trump is still in charge, they'll get little to no help. Underemployment will be an even bigger issue than it is now. The entire middle class is going to be hosed. Every state is going to be hosed. Every pension system, state retirement system, company retirement system, individual 401k, 403b, is going to be hosed for 10+ years after. State pension systems are still recovering from the 2008 Financial Crisis. Benefits, safety nets, and public services will be slashed across the country.

It will not be a fun time.

Weimar_1930s.txt

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I don't remember if it was this thread or somewhere in C-SPAM but someone this week posted the idea that being reincarnated as a human is the animal version of hell and that thought has really been sticking with me

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

Two years probation.

lol

Doing that poo poo to a minor is supposed to be a felony offense which would kill off him owning guns, but lmao if you think that would stop him, as he is probably a loving doomsday prepper with a shitton of hidden assault rifles and sniper rifles who figures that when everything goes to poo poo he will make his own little TRUE AMERICA patriot fiefdom where anyone who doesn't salute the flag or fails the paper bag test is shot.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

I don't remember if it was this thread or somewhere in C-SPAM but someone this week posted the idea that being reincarnated as a human is the animal version of hell and that thought has really been sticking with me

Posting in C-SPAM does bad things to your brain.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Pleas down to a misdo, community service, record expunged. Pardoned by Trump in 2020.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm sure hand-wringing on an internet comedy forum is a far worse existence than being subjected to the merciless and uncaring wild.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

FrozenVent posted:

Pleas down to a misdo, community service, record expunged. Pardoned by Trump in 2020.

He can't pardon state crimes fysa plus if it was expunged why would he need it?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

thetechnoloser posted:

He can't pardon state crimes fysa plus if it was expunged why would he need it?

Trump don’t care about either of those things. MAGA.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

I'm sure hand-wringing on an internet comedy forum is a far worse existence than being subjected to the merciless and uncaring wild.

Idk, being a dog sounds pretty dope

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

psydude posted:

Yes?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

FrozenVent posted:

Trump don’t care about either of those things. MAGA.

A) Does he know this?
B) If he attempts it, will anybody stop him anyway?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Idk, being a dog sounds pretty dope

Yeah but they didn't qualify the type of animal. Like imagine being a possum, which is nature's bitch.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

Yeah but they didn't qualify the type of animal. Like imagine being a possum, which is nature's bitch.

Unless you're in New Zealand, where they pretty much became an apex predator

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Unless you're in New Zealand, where they pretty much became an apex predator

That man-sized penguin sounds pretty bad rear end though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FrozenVent posted:

That man-sized penguin sounds pretty bad rear end though.

Better than being a penguin-sized man.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

orange juche posted:

I know I'm not exactly batting 1.000 with this guy, but do you have a source for the bolded bit?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

that's what crossfit is for, penguin-sized men wanting to be badasses

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Sorry to break it to y'all, but we're stuck in hell universe: the recession will hold off until January 21st, 2021 and the newly-innaugurated Democratic president will be stymied in any effort to get the economy going again or even simply help those suffering. The public and the media will blame the Democrats for the recession and it's continuation, swinging Congress to the GOP in 2022, and reelecting Donald Trump for a second term in 2024.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Cugel the Clever posted:

Sorry to break it to y'all, but we're stuck in hell universe: the recession will hold off until January 21st, 2021 and the newly-innaugurated Democratic president will be stymied in any effort to get the economy going again or even simply help those suffering. The public and the media will blame the Democrats for the recession and it's continuation, swinging Congress to the GOP in 2022, and reelecting Donald Trump for a second term in 2024.

https://twitter.com/swear_trek/status/1160672322677825536?s=21

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
And Trump just unilaterally gave Comrade Pooh the go-ahead for Tienanmen Massacre Two: Hong Kong Kablooey.

https://twitter.com/elianayjohnson/status/1161749638090829824

1) Once again he's collapsed a major US diplomatic position by saying the quiet part out loud.
2) Despite this being horrible, can you imagine the galactic-scale blueballs that Bolton is suffering from?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can't be regarded as a villain in the history books if nobody in the wasteland can read

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

joat mon posted:

I know I'm not exactly batting 1.000 with this guy, but do you have a source for the bolded bit?

Pretty sure he's not a convicted felon already. The assault with a weapon incident in 2010 where he threatened to shoot somoeone on the side of the road got brought all the way down to just probation with no jail time, and it was ended early in 2017 for "good behavior".

Felons usually do some jail time.

I can't source the court records with the actual charge without paying money to some public record search company though, thanks capitalism.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Even if you get probation for a felony you're still intelligible to own a firearm under federal law AFAIK.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Flying_Crab posted:

Even if you get probation for a felony you're still intelligible to own a firearm under federal law AFAIK.

If you had probation it wasn't a felony, it was a misdemeanor. A felony gets you parole.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Flying_Crab posted:

I'm still absolutely certain that he's gotten guns via grey market poo poo, I doubt the state of Montana is gonna follow up on who owns guns because there's far more guns than there are people in that state. There's more than 1 gun for every person in the US right now which is an amazing and awful number to consider.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

I'm still absolutely certain that he's gotten guns via grey market poo poo, I doubt the state of Montana is gonna follow up on who owns guns because there's far more guns than there are people in that state. There's more than 1 gun for every person in the US right now which is an amazing and awful number to consider.

Especially because less than half the population actually owns any guns.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1161849020832198657?s=21

Nothing to see here 🆒

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

Nah, you can cheer for it. In my “market” it means a lot of people might divest, leaving a chance for me. In actuality, I’m still priced out, even under crazy scenarios. I cheer.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Chichevache posted:

If you had probation it wasn't a felony, it was a misdemeanor. A felony gets you parole.

Parole is not probation. Parole is a suspension of punishment, probation is a punishment.

You can get probation for felonies (see DUIs) or serve jail time for misdemeanors. What you have with that dumbass' record is the result of accepting a plea bargain.

Moron commits felony. DA doesn't want hassle of proving felony, writes deal for plea that Moron accepts reduced charges for copping to being dumb. Felony assault becomes some manner of misdemeanor assault. Or drug charges get reduced to paraphernalia possession. It's all in what the DA or whoever actually gets to press charges thinks.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Mike Tyson says he burns through $40,000 of weed at his ranch every month.

Gonna go, go big I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
And I thought I had a weed problem.

Actually I do, it's not free.

E: assuming Iron lung Mike buys recreational weed, he's paying $4k a month into Nevadas' rainy day fund.

Lol, he's gotta have a medical card.

Okay, now I want to try some Mike Tyson weed. Willy Weed is grown by different contractors, old man Nelson just selects strain preferences, best buds of the harvest go out with his name on it, rest of it goes out the growers' door through their own dispensaries, under their own name. Mike is apparently building a goddamn farm of his own. Wanna smoke with Mike Tyson.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 15, 2019