Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

Heather Papps posted:

also real posting one second

i am trying to post less. i have a lot of free time. it is fun, i am excited to be back and not like, absorbing yob energy as i become the shadow self or whatever but it is fun posting and i like it but a part of me looks at the front page and physically cringes when more then a few threads are killed by me.

i view it as a sign of strength and commitment i am guarding these threads making sure they are tainted w the perfect amount of not good posting letting people reach the end not wanting more but praying, hoping for more, for better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

i am trying to post less. i have a lot of free time. it is fun, i am excited to be back and not like, absorbing yob energy as i become the shadow self or whatever but it is fun posting and i like it but a part of me looks at the front page and physically cringes when more then a few threads are killed by me.

:justpost: is my advice, we all get self conscious some times but remember it's the yob! people are chill and good here, also sometimes threads just trail off - it happens

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

the worst thing a yobber can do is think reaaaaally hard about
"would this fly in any other venue"

i came back before but i wasn't ready. i am not going to search my post history but the fresh prince told me it was back, so i took a look and was scared. anyways this time my friend mortey or whatever the gently caress his username is, (POSTMORE DUDE), recomended it to me as an outlet for comedy because i don't want to be a standup or do podcast, writebook, or like, i don't loving know. make memes.

all that poo poo would be me doing a version of what i liked doing best, which was chillin with my bros and sis's in the yob, relaxing after a hard day.
oh wait no i like sex best i did it twice today.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

the worst thing a yobber can do is think reaaaaally hard about
"would this fly in any other venue"

i came back before but i wasn't ready. i am not going to search my post history but the fresh prince told me it was back, so i took a look and was scared. anyways this time my friend mortey or whatever the gently caress his username is, (POSTMORE DUDE), recomended it to me as an outlet for comedy because i don't want to be a standup or do podcast, writebook, or like, i don't loving know. make memes.

all that poo poo would be me doing a version of what i liked doing best, which was chillin with my bros and sis's in the yob, relaxing after a hard day.
oh wait no i like sex best i did it twice today.

gently caress this guy forum culture evolves rapidly he thinks he can walk in her with that reg date and make jokes about butts and no one is going to notice?
no tag, no sig? gently caress this idiot go to fyad or the kiwifarms

Papa Was A Video Toaster

:yikes:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

If you’re referring to the text next to a post that says “killed by (poster name) that’s just edgy humor.

You’re not killing threads by contributing, and the flow can be slow sometimes so it takes time for people to post and get the flow moving again and push a post down.

If you want you can bring an old post back from the dead.

Go a bunch of pages back and if you see an old thread you like that might have some more life left in it, , resurrect it by contributing to it with a post.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Splatmaster posted:

If you’re referring to the text next to a post that says “killed by (poster name) that’s just edgy humor.

You’re not killing threads by contributing, and the flow can be slow sometimes so it takes time for people to post and get the flow moving again and push a post down.

If you want you can bring an old post back from the dead.

Go a bunch of pages back and if you see an old thread you like that might have some more life left in it, , resurrect it by contributing to it with a post.

thank you for explaining the joke

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
I like BYOB because they're so chill that they don't even care that I post bad. Not gonna make a thread just yet though. Just lurking and whitenoise posting for now. It's fun! Not like FYAD. Tried posting there and caught my first probe. Still not sure what the gently caress is going on over there.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

magic cactus posted:

I like BYOB because they're so chill that they don't even care that I post bad. Not gonna make a thread just yet though. Just lurking and whitenoise posting for now. It's fun! Not like FYAD. Tried posting there and caught my first probe. Still not sure what the gently caress is going on over there.

protip that was your first thread but now it is just

a

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Heather Papps posted:

protip that was your first thread but now it is just

a

the thread is the post!

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

magic cactus posted:

gently caress

*checks to make sure I'm signed in*

Goons Are Gifts

Heather Papps posted:

:colbert:

Goons Are Gifts

Post less if you feel like posting less, post more if you're into posting more, but always aim for having fun with your friends here

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

:tipshat:

magic cactus posted:

:justpost: doesn't mean only starting a thread, it means contribute to existing threads, too.

Bad posts are posts that break the rules.

Bad posts are posts that make extra work for Admins and IKs, or are disrespectful to other posters.

Good posts?

They're the ones that are waiting, like precious dragon eggs, to be hatched- and are incubating in lurkers, just like you.

Manifisto

please post if you feel like posting and don't be self-conscious about it! the pacing in this subforum is a little different from spots like, I dunno, gbs or yospos or cspam or whatever where there's a constant stream. there are plenty of folks who post here regularly but not constantly, I think generally we like to see people posting and being active even if we're not always contributing as much as we'd like. also we like people trying new things and starting threads, even if they don't happen to take off nobody resents it (assuming you're not being a jerk etc).

ty nesamdoom!

nut

post til i'm a ghost

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Posts in BYOB are like the muscles in your face that make you smile.

A lot of teamwork has to happen to bring it all together, including the catalyst :)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Lurking and reading posts in BYOB makes BYOB a part of you.

Posting and contributing in BYOB make you a part of BYOB.

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Can someone tell me a cool fact about rocks? Please and thank you

nut

UWBW posted:

there's only one and he loves the people's strudel

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Is that what he was cooking? drat. Thank you!

nut

UWBW posted:

Is that what he was cooking? drat. Thank you!

i m here for u

Farecoal

There he go
im jealous of Australia's many wonderful bird species

Robot Made of Meat

Farecoal posted:

At least most of Australia's bird species are non-lethal. That makes them slightly better than all the other animals there.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Robot Made of Meat posted:

At least most of Australia's bird species are non-lethal. That makes them slightly better than all the other animals there.

but you have a really big rock and a coal seam fire that has been burning since prehistory, and one time a dude made loving armor and got shot like a hundred times and didn't give one gently caress

australia is canadas cooler, drunker cousin

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Today I saw a fully sexual snail and it was actually kinda gross

My head is like a hole and it is black like my soul as well but really it hurts

Also everything food wise activates the nausea when my mom thinks about it so I'm worried and I'm watching Derry Girls and waiting on my dude to message me back so I know what's up tonight

sb hermit

UWBW posted:

Glacier ice is a type of rock

Stoner Sloth

Farecoal posted:

there are many amazing birb species and many of them are also very pretty - however despite being where all song birds evolved, most of our birbs are very unmusical so that might take a bit of getting used to for people from most places. a lot more parrots going crazy and screeching or making weird noises than nightingale-esque stuff.

also lyre birds are freaking cool!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

well there are cassowaries here... they can definitely kill people. and I'm not sure I'd want to mess with a wedge tailed eagle for that matter either. but yeah, let's go for less lethal than most other animals here at least!

Heather Papps posted:

but you have a really big rock and a coal seam fire that has been burning since prehistory, and one time a dude made loving armor and got shot like a hundred times and didn't give one gently caress

lol'd also we managed to carelessly lose a prime minister once when he went swimming, naturally we named a memorial swimming pool after him!!

also hi hj, sorry your mom is having trouble with nausea - know that can be frustrating, my mum got a bit of that going through chemo - think it was partly how things changed flavour/smell from it too. hopefully it calms down a bit and she's able to get a bit of appetite back soon! take care friend! :glomp:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

They Might Be

and now, tonight's top story:

They Might Be

Heather Papps posted:

there's also dendrocnide moroides, a tree with a body count.

Heather Papps

hello friend

They Might Be posted:

listen normally i would goog le this but it is vital you post a simple english version explanation, right now. here.
now.
right here and also right now.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

They Might Be posted:

Is that the tree that kills you with pure pain because you touched it?

Heather Papps

hello friend

hello i am a sturdy tree, with stro- oh. i see. rope.

They Might Be

Heather Papps posted:

listen normally i would goog le this but it is vital you post a simple english version explanation, right now. here.
now.
right here and also right now.

its a fuzzy tree that you touch and it hurts forever

Papa Was A Video Toaster

i got back from the shambhala music festival on monday. experimented with some drugs, met a lot of new people, got rained on hard saturday and sunday. the music was okay. it is a 90% standing in line and camping festival, with the remaining 10% being comprised of whatever mixture of drugs and music you would prefer.
]the joke locally being that it is a 12,000 person drug festival, with music

Goons Are Gifts

:coffeepal:

nut

did anyone ask the bees why they r in the cello

Heather Papps

hello friend

bee eater posted:

did anyone ask the bees why they r in the cello

i tried and they basically said what is a cello we are in a hollow log. it is a strange log, but a good and strong home for the queen.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
It came from Tech Help

Some Poor Bastard posted:

can't find an easy answer unless i'm a java coder or a wizard level 19. anyone able to help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

have you tried debugging and recomipling the codes?