Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Oh god i don't. Id laugh at his voice if i was high enough and theres no telling what he would do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

RE: Market chat

Historically speaking October is a bad month and the indicators flashing red now probably gives a month or two before things collapse completely. I'm considering pulling my IRA out of some stuff and sticking it in bonds Oct. 1 to hedge against things but I will be proven wrong and miss out on 200% gains because you can't time the market

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I can't imagine going through 40 grand of weed every month. I'd be comatose.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure he means that everyone at the ranch goes through the $40k of weed a month. Probably a lot of people. Probably a lot of Tyson's friends coming for visits and such, too.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Bored As gently caress posted:

I'm pretty sure he means that everyone at the ranch goes through the $40k of weed a month. Probably a lot of people. Probably a lot of Tyson's friends coming for visits and such, too.

we have a new hero, please don't try to spoil it for us

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Stravag posted:

Oh god i don't. Id laugh at his voice if i was high enough and theres no telling what he would do

If he gets hungry, you'd have to watch out for your ears :gonk:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Chichevache posted:

If you had probation it wasn't a felony, it was a misdemeanor. A felony gets you parole.

This is absolutely incorrect in many states. In Florida, for example, there are lots of felons on probation. Some types of probation are exclusively available for felony charges (felony drug offender probation for example).

Parole has to do with early release from a prison stint, is not universal, and although typically managed by the same office as probation, is specifically not probation.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Probation: you hosed up but we aren't gonna send you to prison, but but here's a gently caress-ton of restrictions on your rights

Parole: you hosed up, went to prison, we let you out early, but here's a gently caress-ton of restrictions on your rights

Federal post-release probation: you hosed up went to prison and were released on time but we have also sentenced you to post-release supervision here's a gently caress ton of restrictions on your rights

you can absolutely get probation for felonies.

Edit: this is HUGELY jurisdiction dependent.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 15, 2019

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

EBB posted:

I can't imagine going through 40 grand of weed every month. I'd be comatose.

I mean he was a boxer that might be the loving point. Maybe he doesn't want to go full aaron hernandez

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/danawt/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I knew Ilhan had commited the grave sin of thinking about questioning the unconditional support we give israel what did rashida do?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I mean he was a boxer that might be the loving point. Maybe he doesn't want to go full aaron hernandez

Not just a boxer, but a psychotically violent rapist. Being in a constant haze of weed is probably best for him and everyone else.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Stravag posted:

I knew Ilhan had commited the grave sin of thinking about questioning the unconditional support we give israel what did rashida do?

she's of palestinian origin so probably just existing

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Stravag posted:

Palestinian heritage (her parents are from Palestine)

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Countries that war crime together stay together!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Also this too I guess

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Israel is hilariously touchy about the BDS thing. Oh no somebody disagrees with what we’re doing! LET’S LOSE OUR poo poo!

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

I really hate this rear end in a top hat.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1162002141172633600

The China Marxist-Leninist-Mao-Xi Thought knower has logged on

I'm sure Xi will be happy to meet with the smoking corpses later

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Smiling Jack posted:

Probation: you hosed up but we aren't gonna send you to prison, but but here's a gently caress-ton of restrictions on your rights

Parole: you hosed up, went to prison, we let you out early, but here's a gently caress-ton of restrictions on your rights

Federal post-release probation: you hosed up went to prison and were released on time but we have also sentenced you to post-release supervision here's a gently caress ton of restrictions on your rights

you can absolutely get probation for felonies.

Edit: this is HUGELY jurisdiction dependent.

Florida also has the ability to sentence someone to a jail or prison sentence followed by a period of probation.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
If Warren becomes the nominee, Pocahontas will inevitably be Trump's nickname for her. I'm thinking the only way to counter this would be to have a long list of nicknames for Trump so she can use them nonchalantly while spinning her economic policies, as if to dilute and debase his attacks. Seems juvenile, sure, but it shows dynamism.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Suicide Watch posted:

If Warren becomes the nominee, Pocahontas will inevitably be Trump's nickname for her. I'm thinking the only way to counter this would be to have a long list of nicknames for Trump so she can use them nonchalantly while spinning her economic policies, as if to dilute and debase his attacks. Seems juvenile, sure, but it shows dynamism.

he trolled her into taking a DNA test

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

gently caress you racist piece of poo poo and gently caress Israel.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just want her to call him a moron and go full professor mode and ask him Socratic method questions. Ask him basic details about poo poo, like I desperately wanted HRC to do in the debate when he said his favorite book was the Bible. People that are habitual, pathological liars like that completely fall apart when you probe any deeper than the surface.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is absolutely incorrect in many states. In Florida, for example, there are lots of felons on probation. Some types of probation are exclusively available for felony charges (felony drug offender probation for example).

Parole has to do with early release from a prison stint, is not universal, and although typically managed by the same office as probation, is specifically not probation.

Huh. Your states are loving weird.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Vasudus posted:

I just want her to call him a moron and go full professor mode and ask him Socratic method questions. Ask him basic details about poo poo, like I desperately wanted HRC to do in the debate when he said his favorite book was the Bible. People that are habitual, pathological liars like that completely fall apart when you probe any deeper than the surface.

I want him found at the bottom of an ocean. gently caress this dude.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Wasabi the J posted:

gently caress you racist piece of poo poo and gently caress Israel.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Huh. Your states are loving weird.

All your states are weird as gently caress fyi

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You want weird states, come to Virginia - the frankenstein land where the northern part is one of the wealthiest and most liberal areas in the country attached to a rotting husk of a shithole that makes up the rest of it.

edit: I guess Richmond is also okay but I've never been there.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 15, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Not sure why Ilhan would even want to visit an illegal apartheid state. If anything we should be banning them from the Olympics like South Africa.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Vasudus posted:

He would ignore the questions and no one would force him to answer them. And even if he did engage, it's not like there's any lack of video evidence of Trump being a gibbering moron. Why would any more make a difference?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

He would ignore the questions and no one would force him to answer them. And even if he did engage, it's not like there's any lack of video evidence of Trump being a gibbering moron. Why would any more make a difference?

That's what I'm saying. Force him to answer.

And it doesn't make a difference to you, or to me, or anybody that's terminally online. But there's a sizable portion of the voting electorate that still is very much ~decorum~ focused; go look at anything remotely decorum-breaching on a major news source and see all the people hand-wringing about it.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

EBB posted:

Not sure why Ilhan would even want to visit an illegal apartheid state. If anything we should be banning them from the Olympics like South Africa.

Apartheid, sure, but "illegal"?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

It is pretty amazing how much the media are covering up Trump's goopy brain. They always cut his three minute tangents about how he could have had some lady in the 80s down to the two words that make sense and just play those two words on a loop and pretend he meant to say them. I think a normal voter exposed to his actual uninterrupted rants would be shocked.

Edit: I think a big part of it is liberals being unable to accept that Hillary lost to a guy who isn't even there.

Best Friends fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 15, 2019

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Best Friends posted:

It is pretty amazing how much the media are covering up Trump's goopy brain. They always cut his three minute tangents about how he could have had some lady in the 80s down to the two words that make sense and just play those two words on a loop and pretend he meant to say them. I think a normal voter exposed to his actual uninterrupted rants would be shocked.

he has massive hour long unhinged rants at his rallies and people love it

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

His core voters love it because he has Alzheimer's and racism just like them. They're the only ones who see that stuff.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Best Friends posted:

Edit: I think a big part of it is liberals being unable to accept that Hillary lost to a guy who isn't even there.

Its because the media desperately wants to get back into his good graces so they can continue having dinners with war criminals

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Apartheid, sure, but "illegal"?

Parts of Israel were illegally stolen from Palestinians is what I think he's getting at

Edit:

Lol

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/...ingawful.com%2F

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 15, 2019

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The GE thing has been a known problem for a while now. We covered it in some accounting classes months ago. Thankfully we aren't in danger of a recession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Can you imagine if entire sectors of the market practice what is little more than thinly veiled fraud and when it all crashes, they just get bailed out? That would send an absolutely horrible message.