Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

reminder this guy walked across afghanistan in the 70s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Stewart

i wonder which places we take for granted as a tourist paradise will become war-ravaged stages of competing global empires in our lifetimes. thailand? costa rica? florida?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

i say swears online posted:

reminder this guy walked across afghanistan in the 70s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Stewart

i wonder which places we take for granted as a tourist paradise will become war-ravaged stages of competing global empires in our lifetimes. thailand? costa rica? florida?

It says he walked across Afghanistan, and confirmed the Minaret of Jam was still standing, in 2002.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's a Tory and is total scum

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
does anyone have the gif of the hezbollah soldier replacing an israeli flag with the hezbollah flag and then stomping it? tia :)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

OhFunny posted:

It says he walked across Afghanistan, and confirmed the Minaret of Jam was still standing, in 2002.

lmfao i always just assumed it was when the country was a hippie paradise, how bizarre. decent clip at 32 days though

Jose posted:

He's a Tory and is total scum

i mean look at him

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Find it hard to believe anyone reading the rhizzone would be a Liz Warren fan.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Find it hard to believe anyone reading the rhizzone would be a Liz Warren fan.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i read over a lot of his twitter and he was definitely not rhizzone. his posts were a mix of 4chan and left weird twitter stuff.

he was also too young for lf and who the gently caress reads rhizzone that didnt post in lf lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

and who the gently caress reads rhizzone that didnt post in lf lol

CIA FBI NSA MI5 DRM

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1161713077089374210

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

“or”

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Gibraltar to release Iranian oil tanker on Thursday: Sun newspaper

quote:

(Reuters) - The British territory of Gibraltar will on Thursday release an Iranian oil tanker seized by Royal Marines in the Mediterranean in July, the Sun newspaper reported, citing sources close to Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo.

Picardo would not apply to renew an order to detain Grace 1, the report said, adding that he is now satisfied that the oil tanker is no longer heading to Syria.

Britain had said the vessel was violating European sanctions by taking oil to Syria, a charge Iran denies.

“There is no reason to keep Grace 1 in Gibraltar a moment longer if we no longer believe it is in breach of sanctions against the Syrian regime,” the newspaper quoted a source close to Picardo as saying.

Wonder if the UK and Iran have come to an agreement behind the scenes.

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

More likely Gibralter is flexing its muscle and testing the regional strength of its rivals on the way to superpower status.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

last i saw he was just occasionally lobbing insults at brown moses on twitter

That is God’s work.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

OhFunny posted:

Gibraltar to release Iranian oil tanker on Thursday: Sun newspaper

Wonder if the UK and Iran have come to an agreement behind the scenes.

what would Iran be able to offer the UK? I guess the UK is about to crash and burn due to Brexit lol.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

what would Iran be able to offer the UK? I guess the UK is about to crash and burn due to Brexit lol.

probably a better trade deal than the US is willing to make lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Autism Sneaks posted:

I mean he was a sociopath who channeled some of his angst into a leftist veneer but the phrase he used before he started his spree, "the McRib is back" was specifically a rhizzone meme, even though I realize it is a meme sandwich in general. stupid people can read rhizzone too

deep cut

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

CIA FBI NSA MI5 DRM
they also posted in lf

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

they also posted in lf

At least one of the posters in CSPAM is an alphabet agent. :tinfoil:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

ccp

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

hell, a couple of the mods probably were/are

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Listen, this is ridiculous

Frankly, such an idea is fallacious on its face

Why would such prestigious agencies waste their time on this board when they have been opportunities in the communities occupied by people like Biggie Smalls, Young Greatness, Kevin Fret, Scott La Rock, Seagram, Tupac Shakur, Yaki Kadafi, Stretch, Big L, Freaky Tah, D-Boy Rodriguez, Paul C, DJ Uncle Al, Sabotage, Soula Slim, Fat Pat, Bugz, Jam Master Jay, Camouflage, Half a Mil, Mac Dre, Blade Icewood, Proof, Dolla, Big Hawk, Lele, VL Mike, Adan Zapata, Magnolia Shorty, Bad News Brown, Lil Phat, Pavlos Fyssas, MC Daleste, Depzman, Doe B, The Jacka, Chinx, Flabba, Blankroll Fresh, XXXTentacion, 3-2, Young Greatness, Jimmy Wopo, Kevin Fret, Feis Ecktuh, and Nipsey Hussle

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i wish it was me

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i work for mexican intelligence

for no particular reason. they seemed nice and gave me a goodie basket with various kinds of soaps. just throwing that out there

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I am not paid by the cops, but I wish I was so I didn’t have to work so many hours. :(

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reading that Reuter’s article. the separatists are demanding that the Saudis remove Islamists and Northerners from positions of power in the Hadi government. at that point you don’t have a coalition anymore. without northern collaborators and islamists the war is already over.

this war got started because the Houthis were disenfranchised and took the seat of power by force. now the separatists want even more groups to be disenfranchised - and if the Saudis want the problem to go away then they have to take back Aden.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 07:33 on Aug 15, 2019

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

reading that Reuter’s article. the separatists are demanding that the Saudis remove Islamists and Northerners from positions of power in the Hadi government. at that point you don’t have a coalition anymore. without northern collaborators and islamists the war is already over.

this war got started because the Houthis were disenfranchised and took the seat of power by force. now the separatists want even more groups to be disenfranchised - and if the Saudis want the problem to go away then they have to take back Aden.

lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
saudi arabia ftw

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Spergin Morlock posted:

hell, a couple of the mods probably were/are

I thought brown moses was only ever a d&d mod

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

420 Gank Mid posted:

I thought brown moses was only ever a d&d mod

cspam mods are just a little bit slow, d&d mods knew, gbs mods flew, SA admins slew, TVIV mods were actual pedophiles

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maybe adtrw really was the purest forum of all

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

CIA FBI NSA MI5 DRM

If you're reading this I mod gbs and am unemployed so will absolutely spy on posters for money

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So after hanging the UK out to dry after we seized that Iranian tanker the us are now trying to block it being released lol

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jose posted:

So after hanging the UK out to dry after we seized that Iranian tanker the us are now trying to block it being released lol

how is this even a thing

does the US even have standing

wtf lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The UK isn't a real country anymore, so their American masters can do literally as they please with it, and the puppets in government are just going to grovel and whimper harder.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

A swap. Release the Iranian tanker for the the UK tanker.

Jose posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1162010312016617472?s=19

Tried and failed.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

how is this even a thing

does the US even have standing

wtf lol

legally speaking? absolutely not

realistically speaking? everyone knows the only reason the UK seized the tanker in the first place is because the US told them to

it gets better, though, because the headline is a whitewash. the US didn't ask the UK to cancel the release of the tanker. instead, the US asked the UK to hand the tanker over to the US. the release was put on hold while the request was being considered

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I guess in reality the US didn't actually have leverage over the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Dr_E_Kendall/status/1161324490661466119

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou4WG7HhFZM