Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Again, Lando is fine, but he was clearly spooked- one of the dogs was a huge Great Dane who I think I’ve seen around the neighborhood before, and this dog has reactivity issues. I mean, Lando does too to an extent, so that’s why I don’t let him off the leash in an area where I can’t control him. I’m just really taken aback by how the other owners reacted- if my dog had been involved in something like that, I would have been apologizing until the loving sun went down, not escalating a shouting match when I was demonstrably in the wrong.

I hope a pack of rabid squirrels eats their nutsacks. The humans, not the dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

People kept asking me "you use two leashes?" until i got her ecollar and it was cuz i never wanted her to slip free and charge another dog with her issues cuz she would fight to win. I cant believe people are just eh poo poo happens about their dogs like that

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

"Don't worry, they're friendly" -self-centred, negligent, and irresponsible humans, usually

Had to deal with an offleash lab for a bunch of the last week. Wasn't too bad, but the dog likes to bark and jump up on people and the human puts in the bare minimum to try to prevent it, getting pissy when I ask them to use a drat leash.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 13, 2019

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Juniper is a smol cute lil dog, but i know for a fact that she will shiv any dog that looks at her funny. No matter of they are smaller or bigger than her.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
https://twitter.com/darth/status/1161264168692940808?s=21

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/El_Gustache/status/1161645123832176640?s=19

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Pupdate: Stole my spot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MrYenko posted:

Pupdate: reclaimed his spot.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MrYenko posted:

I hope you called your pup Harvey

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

MrYenko posted:

Hi I like your dog ok bye

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Page needs more Luca

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
How about some Yoko?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
August 22 is the feast day of St. Guinefort, the greyhound who became a folk saint. Pretty sure that all dogs would like a hamburger. Also, the 26th is International Dog Day!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MrYenko posted:

This spot is no longer yours, please come to terms with that and give its new owner belly rubs/ear scritches in whatever combination they desire :)

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Kedah’s looking good! Glad to see she’s getting some meat on her bones!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Im trying to keep her around 52-55 pounds to keep her from increasing risks of hip problems later in life. The vet said that 55 was fine but to try and keep her under for that reason. The differemce between 48 and 50 pounds is the difference between healthy looking and ribs showing slightly. I think it may be muscle showing up now cuz she gets 2 hours of walks a day instead of however much she was getting with the rescue.

On a different note: so in my efforts to teach Kedah that humans are not threats i have encouraged every hotel front desk clerk and petsmart employee to give her all the treats. Recently she has started bullying/begging people into extra by walking right up to them and sitting down inches from their feet and staring them down. (Not aggressivly just hey im here treats now i even sat like im suppossed to before i receive them) Tonight when checking in the girl didnt have treats. Kedah proceed to stand up, move closer and sit again to reiterate her demand for treats like 4 times. When i was all set and leaving to go to the room she refused to move because "goddammit ive been nice and cute and received no treats what the gently caress over!" Judging by the look on her face. She had even gone behind the desk and sniffed at the girls hands to make sure her demands were clear. Sadly the treats did not appear even then.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I love Kedah

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Stravag posted:

Recently she has started bullying/begging people into extra by walking right up to them and sitting down inches from their feet and staring them down. (Not aggressivly just hey im here treats now i even sat like im suppossed to before i receive them) Tonight when checking in the girl didnt have treats. Kedah proceed to stand up, move closer and sit again to reiterate her demand for treats like 4 times. When i was all set and leaving to go to the room she refused to move because "goddammit ive been nice and cute and received no treats what the gently caress over!" Judging by the look on her face. She had even gone behind the desk and sniffed at the girls hands to make sure her demands were clear. Sadly the treats did not appear even then.
Congratulations (and sadly for the pup) she's not graduated to getting pets from everyone instead of treats. Keep treats as backup.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
As a safety warning, make sure you keep your dogs out of ponds or large bodies of standing water, especially with blue green algae visible.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20...in-other-states

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/UhOw04h.mp4

I told Monty to roll over. He tried his best.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Pretty close

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Look he rotated, specify the axis next time.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I think he did a fine job. :3:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Pupdate, I visited my folk's place and got to hang out with Arlo!

He got many scritches.

E: bonus pics

It took a while, but he and the kitty have come to an understanding, maybe it's cause they're both too old to care too much these days (he's about 11 and she's closer to 16.)

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 15, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hi Arlo!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Napoleon took me to the beach for my birthday today

He loved the sand

He hated the water. The only lab that hates water.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Napoleon and Arlo are both good dogs.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yep, still fostering

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://twitter.com/eedrk/status/1162129205582110720

e: it's that botany guy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wherein luca realised the pork was going in a bag for marinating, not into his maw

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The face of the betrayed

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

GIVE LUKA THE PORK YOU MONSTER

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

One of our maintenance guys saw someone dump a puppy out of their car today, so he picked up the puppy and brought it to work. That person is in severe need of a broken jaw for leaving a small puppy on the side of the road where it either would’ve died of thirst (there’s no freshwater for miles) or been eaten by a gator, but in the meantime have some pics of the Very Good Boy who is the happiest puppy I’ve seen in quite a while.

Snoot status: booped
Belly status: rubbed
Ear status: scritches given
Goodboy status: fully confirmed.

This goodboi is going to his new home with another one of our maintenance guys today, and it’ll be a better place than the one he had previously.

Fake edit: he seriously loves everyone, that tail hasn’t stopped wagging since he got here :kimchi:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Those eyebrows... so familiar...

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

Those eyebrows... so familiar...

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

That person is in severe need of a broken jaw for leaving a small puppy on the side of the road

Snoot status: booped
Belly status: rubbed
Ear status: scritches given
Goodboy status: fully confirmed.

This goodboi is going to his new home with another one of our maintenance guys today, and it’ll be a better place than the one he had previously.

I hope that puppy lives a long and full life of snoot boops and pets and treats, and every time he gets one of those things, the contemptible piece of poo poo who dumped him feels the sensation of getting kicked in the balls with a steel toed boot. gently caress them, but long live the Goodboi!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FrozenVent posted:

Look he rotated, specify the axis next time.

Roll, spin...whatever :shrug:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I have decided: The next dog I’m going to get is going to be the first young golden retriever I see at a rescue in the area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

colachute posted:

I have decided: The next dog I’m going to get is going to be the first young golden retriever I see at a rescue in the area.

Get a mutt!