Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I keep hearing males are bad magic users. What should I make Hubert?

A mage, he's amazing at it.

Stop listening to what people say things are. Do what the hell you'd enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hubert is one of the best mages in the game too

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Detective No. 27 posted:

the "designated" mages of the other two houses are annete/mercedes and lysithea/marianne, which is what I assume people mean

black eagles tho it's the bois and hubert is a cool and rad natural dark mage.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Lack of Gremory is a shame, though, but at least dark knight is highly mobile?

...Hubert with a feather boa is an interesting mental image.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
BE is the house where the men are magical and the girls are dangerous bow-wielding murderers

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I made Lorenz a black mage on the way to his dark knight run so I just keep swapping him between magic and lances, though Leonie is currently my Lance/Bow cavalier.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rand Brittain posted:

Lorenz reminds me of Anthony Carver in that his front is so perfect that people assume he's an evil robot because he can't really emote or show vulnerability.

He honestly seems really stressed about the whole wife thing because he's basically expecting himself to complete a major diplomatic alliance that's also a personal sexual triumph, at 17. But he won't ever act like it's a big deal to him or like he might fail, so the impression people receive is that he's a smarmbot who thinks women are lining up to suck his signet ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7WYFLlxGbA

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Hubert is a very good mage and Linhardt is an excellent healer but the lack of Gremory for male mages sucks.

If anything the DLC should just unlock all classes for everyone screw this genderlocked class bullshit. Let Hubert be a pegapony princess.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

BE is the house where the men are magical and the girls are dangerous bow-wielding murderers

Don't under-estimate Dorothea, she is quite the magical powerhouse too. Eldegard is also the only Lord you can take the magical route without issue. 45 magical growth is definitely acceptable.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

A dark knight so that he can be a mobile magical nuke.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is Ashe secretly a good mage he won't stop getting mag

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Arkeus posted:

Don't under-estimate Dorothea, she is quite the magical powerhouse too. Eldegard is also the only Lord you can take the magical route without issue. 45 magical growth is definitely acceptable.

Edelgard's 45 is in fact higher than Dorothea's MAG growth (40).

Dorothea makes up for having only ok growths by having a fantastic spell list. Thoron, Meteor and Agnea's arrow. Physic for offhealing too.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 15, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Is Ashe secretly a good mage he won't stop getting mag

He has 25 MAG growth

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

He has 25 MAG growth

What's his str growth because he's getting none of it and has like 5 more mag than str right now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

What's his str growth because he's getting none of it and has like 5 more mag than str right now

It's 35

For reference: https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/growth-rates/

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol god drat it

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

lol god drat it

Well, the advanced class minimum makes him somewhat usable...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Just give them your veggies

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
On my third run after 2 Black Eagles I'm now doing the Blue Lions.

Pretty sure the weakest cast out of the three so far. Sylvain might be the worst piece of trash out there. I thought Sain from FE7 was bad but this guy takes it to a whole new level.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Just give them your veggies

*after you have gotten them to an advanced class

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Mulderman posted:

On my third run after 2 Black Eagles I'm now doing the Blue Lions.

Pretty sure the weakest cast out of the three so far. Sylvain might be the worst piece of trash out there. I thought Sain from FE7 was bad but this guy takes it to a whole new level.

Every blue lion owns and I love them all dearly

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I love my Ashe who is appropriately turning out very well so far this BL run and I love Dimitri and Dedue as a couple and dearly wish Dimitri could have hit his 50% speed growth more than twice in 8 levels

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Annette is great. I have no strong feelings on the other blue lions yet.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Sylvain is one of my troubled, beloved, trash leveling children and I shall hear no evil spoken of him.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I love my Ashe who is appropriately turning out very well so far this BL run and I love Dimitri and Dedue as a couple and dearly wish Dimitri could have hit his 50% speed growth more than twice in 8 levels

My Dimitri had 6 speed over my Felix at end game and could double end game enemy sword masters if he was using Iron.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 15, 2019

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I am also very mildly shell shocked that my Mercedes has more magic than Lysithea so far 14 v 13) even if Lysithea has literally hit her speed growth on every level so far

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mercedes has so much lesbian grandma energy.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Now that she痴 actually on my roster she sounds impossibly high 24/7

Caidin posted:

My Dimitri had 6 speed over my Felix at end game and could double end game enemy sword masters if he was using Iron.

t:mad:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
She ara ara in japanese

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

Mercedes has so much lesbian grandma energy.

It was heartbreaking using her to fight Annette in the BE path.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Gonna see how this class is going to come together since I'm relying heavily on lances this time.
Felix is going to punch people to death because Caspar was an absolute beast using fists last run.
Drafted Lysithea, Hilda and Bernadetta. Gonna see if I can draft even more people before the big class battle starts. Should be fun to see the other classes having to rely on generics.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I知 still unsure of who else to poach

Like so far Ashe is my only bow user and it would be nice to have a second, and then for healers I知 very well covered between my four mages

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Like so far Ashe is my only bow user and it would be nice to have a second, and then for healers I知 very well covered between my four mages

Shamir exists too

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Hubert's only disadvantage is that he can't be a Gremory. His advantage is that he's literally the only unit in the game who can make proper use of Dark Mage and Dark Bishop.

He's a legit excellent mage all around. Sure, he can't be a Gremory, but he really doesn't need to be. Teach him Lances and Riding and let him be the edgy Dark Knight he was born to be.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 15, 2019

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Hubert and Bernadetta have the best ending btw. It's adorable.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I am also very mildly shell shocked that my Mercedes has more magic than Lysithea so far 14 v 13) even if Lysithea has literally hit her speed growth on every level so far

The thing is that Lys has a much better spell list. By a million miles.
It's why Byleth isn't a great caster, his actual spell list is boring and crap.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I’m still unsure of who else to poach

Like so far Ashe is my only bow user and it would be nice to have a second, and then for healers I’m very well covered between my four mages

Recruit everyone, that's always the answer.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Raphael and Bernadetta are also extremely good and very :kimchi:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Going by bases and growths, Leonie is Better Ashe, which is depressing because Ashe is my homeboy.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hunt11 posted:

It was heartbreaking using her to fight Annette in the BE path.

it should be extremely illegal to recruit only one of them

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

I deeply regretted it the moment they started to talk to one another for the final time.

Mulderman posted:

It really is as Hubert goes out of his way to make himself less scary around Bernadetta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Having committed that sin myself by only recruiting Annette in my GD run, I agree. I should be in jail. I didn't make them fight each other or even attack Mercedes though so I hope my sentence is lenient.

Similarly, I feel like you shouldn't recruit either Felix or Sylvain and Ingrid separately. Ingrid wouldn't join a house other than Dimitri's unless it was to keep an eye on one of her idiot friends (trusting Dimitri to watch the other).