Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Virtual Russian posted:

Conrad Black was in the black book I believe

He was asking about Canadians so I'm afraid Black doesn't qualify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Never let Conrad Black get the Canada stink off him

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hand Knit posted:

Congratulations Prime Minister Andrew Scheer.

https://twitter.com/CityNews/status/1161658684654727169

Eeeehhh seems like a nothingburger to me. I have yet to meet anyone off the forums who can explain to me what the scandal was about.

It is great fodder for the media propaganda machine that tells people how to vote however. We'll see how much they harp on it.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Another Bill posted:

Eeeehhh seems like a nothingburger to me. I have yet to meet anyone off the forums who can explain to me what the scandal was about.

Nobody has to understand it. It just has to be God drat Liberals So Corrupt Again Can't Stop Being Corrupt.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

We knew that going in. It was deemed preferable to Harperman's interminable gibbering about a Muslim with cloth on her face.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1161596662164230144

Canada's intellectual elite...

:thunk:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Virtual Russian posted:

Never let Conrad Black get the Canada stink off him

Lord Black of Crosshabour's presence in Epstein's book seems like definitive proof that he's British to his core.

Besides, an authentically Canadian rapist has at minimum a minor in women's studies.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
"There must be a loser for every winner" - Karl Marx

Not sure I remember that quote, honestly, but then again I'm pretty dumb and definitely not a captain of industry so I probably missed it. I really got a completely different vibe from Marx this whole time too. Weird.

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Another Bill posted:

It is great fodder for the media propaganda machine that tells people how to vote however. We'll see how much they harp on it.

Really? I know a ton that understand the gist of it and are still pissed off about it. More people on the left than the right. NDP'ers that might ride the rails and vote lib depending on riding that don't want to keep playing that game.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I thought Conrad Black wasn't in the book, his nephew or some relation was.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

are the NDP still in total utter disarray or have they gotten their poo poo together yet

never mind, who am I kidding

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

a primate posted:

are the NDP still in total utter disarray or have they gotten their poo poo together yet

never mind, who am I kidding

They're on pace for a solid third place finish in octobre

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'll never forgive Mulcair for wasting the opportunity of the century.

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Im pretty sure if Layton was still alive he would have won. But then we'd have yet another sex pest in office so......

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

536 posted:

Im pretty sure if Layton was still alive he would have won. But then we'd have yet another sex pest in office so......

You say that as if we ever had someone who was not either a sex pest and/or a terrible monster.

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MonsieurChoc posted:

You say that as if we ever had someone who was not either a sex pest and/or a terrible monster.

1 out of 2 ain't bad. I'd still have voted for him considering the other options were far worse.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm just screaming an eternal silent scream at the fact that in the mess that is Canadian federal politics, that the NDP's strategy seems to be "Once the voters see how nice of a guy I am, and how big of a jerks Liberal and CPC are, they'll surely vote for me instead!"

like gently caress. If the NDP had spent the last year doing anything to develop some kind of identity that would mobilize voters, they could just clean up, but nope - they're offering milk with a side of toast. So instead we're looking at a low turnout win for Scheer. Jesus gently caress.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

536 posted:

If you mean Layton would have beat Trudeau, I'm inclined to disagree. As far as I can tell the Orange Crush was an aberration not some inevitable progression for them.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Mulcair's ndp was leading the polls for much of that election. Turns out no one likes mulcair, and they ran a lovely safe centrist campaign that opened them up to attacks from the right and the "left" (liberal shitsuckers). People actually liked Layton.

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reality Sinner posted:

Mulcair's ndp was leading the polls for much of that election. Turns out no one likes mulcair, and they ran a lovely safe centrist campaign that opened them up to attacks from the right and the "left" (liberal shitsuckers). People actually liked Layton.

Wasn't a bunch of Mulcair's NDP talking points "actually we are kinda great on the economy, look at all these small business tax cuts" and everyone was just like WTF

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
big maggie thatcher fan here, ready to run for the head of a leftist government!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

536 posted:

Wasn't a bunch of Mulcair's NDP talking points "actually we are kinda great on the economy, look at all these small business tax cuts" and everyone was just like WTF

"Balance the budget" came up during the debates which was..not the greatest move for a supposed left party. Especially when the Liberals promised more social spending in exchange for continuing budget deficits!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

boy howdy, i sure do love that third way

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bill Blaikie would have won

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

when Bernie is done in the states can we have him?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

infernal machines posted:

in that uniquely canadian way, it worked better here than it did in other countries because we stomached the austerity better than the UK or the US.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

a primate posted:

bernie is going to kneel over and have a heart attack the second he wins the primary

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

bernie is going to kneel over and have a heart attack the second he wins the primary

so far it’s been Weekend at Biden’s for the dem primary so I’d bet on him going first

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

the ndp wouldnt have won the last election no matter what they said. 2012 happened because of the massive vacuum of support left behind when the libs collapsed. by 2016 they got their poo poo together and were going to win regardless of what the ndp did. mulciar didnt lose 20 points of support overnight after saying "im going to balance the budget"

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Trudeau surged in the polls right after he won the leadership but he managed to lose his lead and drop back to 3rd after a series of unforced errors such as voting with the Harper government on an unpopular security bill (and then saying he would simply rewrite it after his inevitable victory). Trudeau was definitively in third place prior to the election and you can more or less trace the exact moment that the NDP support started to deflate to Mulcair's announcement about balanced budgets. Frankly I think that the entire front runner style of Mulcair's campaign and his position on the Niqab/Burka issue didn't help him either.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

it’s ok because at least the libs passed electoral reform like they promised

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Don't forget his weird bright eyed grin he decided was a good look to adopt out of nowhere

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The party wanted him more amiable-looking instead of the dour dad look. Not enough practice before hand to make it look natural I guess!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Sage Grimm posted:

The party wanted him more amiable-looking instead of the dour dad look. Not enough practice before hand to make it look natural I guess!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pervert

a primate posted:

Omar, please

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

zizek? is that you?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zizek? is that you?

*sniff*

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

lmao, cpc is going to run this poo poo into the ground

https://twitter.com/CPC_HQ/status/1162318083115159552?s=20

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

They both bad but Scheer looks so loving jarred off in that vid lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

After watching videos like that I have a clearer perspective on why the attack ads against Scheer have been emphasizing that he is "weak".