Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dead Goon posted:

I worked in an Amazon FC for a day, it were shite.

Just imagined an "Amazon FC" full promotional football kit and now I despise myself

E: page snipe? More like page shite

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Samovar posted:

Fitting that they chose the meme of the guy who turned out to be a paedo to boot.

To be fair, it's almost impossible to find anyone who doesn't turn out to be a paedo

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Back from hols to say: lol at the lib dems

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1161986792033267712?s=19

It doesn't need to be articulated because they can't articulate it without sounding selfish as poo poo.

It doesn't need to be articulated, it needs to be made to be articulated so these clowns are exposed for what they are.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Failed Imagineer posted:

Just imagined an "Amazon FC" full promotional football kit and now I despise myself

https://twitter.com/StreathamRovers/status/1159828849099599873

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Didn't realise there's a new page when I edited this into my last posts so here it is again.

https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/1161984289510252546?s=19

Guto Bebb.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/1161904652142764032?s=19

This really should be forever known as national dunk on the libs day

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
No matter how miserable things are, you can always count on the Lib-Dems for a laugh.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Didn't realise there's a new page when I edited this into my last posts so here it is again.

Guto Bebb.

Majority of 11%, doable I reckon...

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

If only this political genius had been elected leader

https://twitter.com/dmiliband/status/1162006329722097664?s=21

analphabetic
Nov 10, 2009

Samovar posted:

Fitting that they chose the meme of the guy who turned out to be a paedo to boot.

Drake is a nonce as well?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at how quickly his position shifted

https://twitter.com/ChukaUmunna/status/1161995302460690433

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Gonzo McFee posted:

Guto Bebb.

guto bebb

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can anyone recall any of Labour's actual policies that they've attacked him on, at least in any kind of tangible way, because vague waffling about the magic money tree is as nebulous as all the other dumb poo poo they throw at him.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Interesting use of "we" there when I'm not sure he was a lib dem at the time :v:

Also yes Guto Bebb, he's Welsh and used to be a minister IIRC? Though I dunno if that's why he's called that cos it doesn't sound very Welsh. I still think he nicked his name from a star wars expanded universe novel.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

analphabetic posted:

Drake is a nonce as well?

yes and is grooming the girl from stranger things

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
finally got my visa renewal paperwork so i hope you are ready for some bitchign about the home office

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol of course one of them cowardly ran away

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1162022837084987392

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

are the fubpees still convinced that sinn fein will march into Westminster and go for a vonc, because lol

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Lmao the wind has changed and he’s got piss all up him now

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

loving hell goons, he might actually have played a blinder. Even in the event of no deal, everyone is now positioning themselves in a way where blaming Labour will ring completely hollow.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

J_RBG posted:

Back from hols to say: lol at the lib dems

where did you go?

cos I don't wanna be anywhere they're not lolling at the lib dems 24/7

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

Man, the crippling fear these people have for Corbyn premiership is just unreal. God knows what nightmare scenarios they've cooked up in their heads.
"he is going to make me pay the correct amount of tax and stop me renting out half of berkshire, i am clearly the victim here"

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

loving hell goons, he might actually have played a blinder. Even in the event of no deal, everyone is now positioning themselves in a way where blaming Labour will ring completely hollow.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Post in the thread everytime you lol at the lib dems

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

How many times have we ended up saying this? There seems to be a tendency to forget that Corbyn is bloody good at politics.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I'm in the US so I have only been superficially following this when poo poo gets wild, but my understand was Corbyn trying to resist a second referendum? Has that changed because the only alternative as this point is no-deal and he wants to avoid that?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If this works out then it is safe to say it was always a game of 4D chess just that Corbyn was playing it all along. Holy moly.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I'm in the US so I have only been superficially following this when poo poo gets wild, but my understand was Corbyn trying to resist a second referendum? Has that changed because the only alternative as this point is no-deal and he wants to avoid that?

He’s been on board with a second referendum but good luck learning that unless you literally listen to his own words because the media has been obfuscating their policy for almost three years now

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

This is bad for Jo Swinson.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sanitary Naptime posted:

He’s been on board with a second referendum but good luck learning that unless you literally listen to his own words because the media has been obfuscating their policy for almost three years now

me mum overheard corbyn in a tesco express telling teh ghost of bobby sands that he voted for brexit to "own the libs"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In fairness the move to supporting a 2nd ref in all instances is a fairly recent thing but yes everyone else hasn't let that get in the way of asking WHY WON'T YOU STOP BREXIT JEREMY

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

He was quiet on it for a while, not wanting to go against the democratic grain and risk losing the support of Leave voters. Once Johnson came in with his commitment to No Deal, he's been much firmer about a second referendum. Media commentary has largely ignored that part, and people who oppose him have claimed his position is very unclear and confusing now that he's doing what they were demanding he do.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

are you all really thinking that corbyn has been playing some genius long con the whole time, foreseeing events months ahead?

because i wish he did that when he whipped his party into voting for a50 and helped cause this poo poo show.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Ratjaculation posted:

are you all really thinking that corbyn has been playing some genius long con the whole time, foreseeing events months ahead?

because i wish he did that when he whipped his party into voting for a50 and helped cause this poo poo show.

If this all results in a labour government I don’t care if it was the ultimate scheme or a comedy of errors

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Ratjaculation posted:

i hate to break it to you but leave won the referendum (and its going to leave a second referendum lol)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

In fairness the move to supporting a 2nd ref in all instances is a fairly recent thing but yes everyone else hasn't let that get in the way of asking WHY WON'T YOU STOP BREXIT JEREMY

That's the best part. He's finally offering, and they all have to accept or they will all look like absolute, monumental twats, as the Lib Dems are ably demonstrating.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'd more put it down to him just making consistently fairly reasonable decisions while everyone else flails around trying to find a way to square the circle of actually being 100% fine with the tories politically and probably no deal too except that they want the cred for stopping it.

The labour party are the only ones actually doing politics at the moment while everyone else is just gurning at the press for attention. None of the other parties except possibly the tories have actual policies, and even the tories are mostly just about shaking the brexit totem and boris johnson's ego.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Ratjaculation posted:

The play at that point was "Let's let the Tories make themselves look like twats by loving this up" which has gone quite well tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

The policy set at a conference ages back was clear that the priority is for a general election, but to support a second referendum if that's not possible. More recently Labour made a further move to support a second referendum before any deal (or no deal) is accepted, where they would campaign for Remain, except in the case where Labour gained power and could negotiate their own deal (in which case they can't pre-empt their position because they don't know how that deal might look or if it's possible). Some people have said that's not clear enough which is not entirely unreasonable, but the idea that Corbyn is actively resisting a 2nd ref or trying to push Brexit through somehow comes almost entirely out of media commentary and not reality.