Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheKingslayer posted:

The weirdest thing about American Bad rear end Taker was the little girls from A Nightmare On Elm Street in all the videos hyping his return.

"He's heeeeeeere..."

"KEEP ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'!"

ABA Taker was def more self marking than anything else. Hes literally a tall Glenn Danzig. Drapes himself in all the badass iconography he can. More like American Tryhard, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

ABA Taker was def more self marking than anything else. Hes literally a tall Glenn Danzig. Drapes himself in all the badass iconography he can. More like American Tryhard, really.

"I'll make ya famous, son"

I've literally never heard that as a threat outside of Taker. God what an awful character.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Undertaker was the absolute worst offender for burying WCW during the Invasion.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM #ad📢

TheKingslayer posted:

I've literally never heard that as a threat outside of Taker. God what an awful character.

Billy Gunn used it before him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFk1NvRziro

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

oldpainless posted:

Billy Gunn used it before him

Gross

Perfect

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Has anyone ever transcribed that story Taker told about he and Big Show in the desert? And did they ever let him talk that long on the mic again after that?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That said, I have a very fond memories of ABA Taker dragging Hogan behind his motorcycle for a segment. That was awesome.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Undertaker was the absolute worst offender for burying WCW during the Invasion.

the DDP feud alone made me dislike Taker forever after that

TheKingslayer posted:

what do you expect from a guy who creates a made-up club called the Bone Krew or whatever the gently caress it was and gets matching tats with other grown men to celebrate it

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
taker is the idiot who buys west coast choppers shirts at wal-mart's idea of what a Badass Bikerman is

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

coconono posted:

That said, I have a very fond memories of ABA Taker dragging Hogan behind his motorcycle for a segment. That was awesome.

It was. Did that happen before or after Hogan completely sandbagged the chokeslam?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It was. Did that happen before or after Hogan completely sandbagged the chokeslam?

I think Hogan sandbagged it multiple times.

oh man, remember when the chokeslam was the most powerful move in the world? Only because we'd never seen a death valley driver(unless you were a tape nerd)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

coconono posted:

oh man, remember when the chokeslam was the most powerful move in the world? Only because we'd never seen a death valley driver(unless you were a tape nerd)

I'm talking specifically about that one clip that always gets shared where Hogan does a little hop first before getting maybe two inches of air.

Also, didn't Hogan insist for years that his back problems started when Taker tombstoned him on a chair at either Survivor Series or This Tuesday in Texas, and Taker believed it for something like a decade before watching the match again and seeing that Hogan's head was nowhere near hitting anything?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

coconono posted:

You didn't have to be a tape nerd to watch ECW.

I mean you had to be a nerd but you didn't necessarily need tapes.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1162034502505340928

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Has anyone ever transcribed that story Taker told about he and Big Show in the desert? And did they ever let him talk that long on the mic again after that?

I found it in a CRZ recap posted:

Play time's over, sit down and shut up. Later on tonight, there's gonna be a match for the tag team titles between the Acolytes and X-Pac & Kane, whatever whatever, it's not important. The fact of the matter is, this Sunday at Summerslam the winner of that match will come face to face with this. And to make sure that my man was right, this week I put him to the test. I had Paul Bearer call out to California - San Fernando Valley to some associates of ours at the Local 81 - Paul said we're gonna need two bikes for a ride in the desert. The guy said 'Brother Paul, now we know that the Dead Man can handle it, but I don't know about the Big Show. It's August, it's 120 degrees in the middle of Death Valley.' He says 'the only things that survive in the desert are the cold-blooded...the snakes and the lizards.' Paul said 'that's all right, and in one of those bikes that you're setting up for us, I want you the Big Show to only have enough gas to get to the middle of the desert and not get back.' So we're on our way - we get to the middle of Death Valley - 120 degrees, the Big Show's bike runs out of gas. And I pull up next to him and I ask him this question: 'It's 120 degrees, how are you gonna survive?' He looks me straight in the eyes, without hesitation, he says 'I'm gonna wait 'til you go to sleep, I'm gonna stab you in the back, I'm gonna cut your flesh off, make a coat out of it, and I'm gonna eat YOUR flesh until I find food.' I said 'Good answer big man, but I don't sleep,' and I drove off and left him. I waited on the outskirts of the desert. Two days later, he walks out with a snake necktie and lizard boots, carryin' his Harley-Davidson on his shoulder. The point of the story is this. What used to be known as SummerSlam will now be known as Armageddon, and whoever shows up...will be hurt.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
fuckin e-fed-rear end promo

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
One of the fun things that the WWE Network brought about was that a lot of fans found out that the Undertaker was never good.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Big Evil is a ridiculous nickname too, it makes him sound like hes a titan of the Evil industry.

The insider secrets BIG EVIL doesnt want you to know!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But there was already a PPV called Armageddon, why would Taker want to confuse the WWE UNIVERSE?

And thank you for the transcript, it's worse than I remembered. So, did they ever hand him a mic for a promo anywhere near that length again?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

But there was already a PPV called Armageddon, why would Taker want to confuse the WWE UNIVERSE?

And thank you for the transcript, it's worse than I remembered. So, did they ever hand him a mic for a promo anywhere near that length again?

every time he talks just replace desert with graveyard or souls.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Yes absolutely because he left for like a year right after that promo and then came back with a complete gimmick overhaul from goth biker redneck to normal biker redneck.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

AkumaHokoru posted:

every time he talks just replace desert with graveyard or souls.

Oh yeah, Paul Bearer is dead...

Karmine posted:

Yes absolutely because he left for like a year right after that promo and then came back with a complete gimmick overhaul from goth biker redneck to normal biker redneck.

Is that when JR started calling him Booger Red and he had that "Badasses always kick an rear end in a top hat's rear end" song?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Oh yeah, Paul Bearer is dead...

Is that when JR started calling him Booger Red and he had that "Badasses always kick an rear end in a top hat's rear end" song?

no that was during the period before he turned heel as the American badass.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

AkumaHokoru posted:

no that was during the period before he turned heel as the American badass.

Well, the badass song was from the later BikerTaker years, but where the hell did Booger Red come from if it was when he was still the dead man?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Well, the badass song was from the later BikerTaker years, but where the hell did Booger Red come from if it was when he was still the dead man?

oh he wasn't the deadman they called him all kinds of things I think he was booger red when he was heel bikertaker actually it might have been a negative comment about him since during that for a little while he was back to his natural reddish hair which was like "flecked red"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the period of Taker's career with that YOU'RE GONNA PAY song and his lovely short hair and chaw and BIG EVILDOG poo poo was a nadir. I think from 2002 onwards the only good poo poo he did were his Michaels matches/CM Punk/Brock match

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Booger Red was an old nickname for some Texas football player. Booger meant like, boogyman or Goblin. JR is really loving old and really loving southern.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Im assuming Vince loving hated whenever he used it but was physically compelled to allow it because it has the word booger in it

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...does anyone know why this thread never has the "new posts" icon?

AkumaHokoru posted:

Warning long paste of bullshit from facebook about chris benoit that I originally posted in the wrong thread

Hey, let's look at just how dumb some of these are! (From Googling, this list has gone around a lot.)

1) Chavo Guerrero a close friend of Benoit- told WWE magazine that he talked to Chris for while on Friday night on his house phone. About 45 minutes into the conversation, Chris told him that there was somebody knocking at his door and he was going to see who it was. Shortly after Chris answered the door, there was a scuffle and then his house phone line went dead. Chris could only be reached on his cell phone about 3 hours later. This is very significant. This explains why there was no forced entry. Chris let the killer or killers in.

...I don't think this interview exists? Set aside the content for a moment: Starting about 36 hours after the bodies were found, WWE wasn't acknowledging Benoit at all outside of media hits, even hastily editing him out of old shows on the Classics on Demand service. There's no way they did a WWE Magazine interview with Chavo that discussed Benoit. I have no idea who was reading WWE Magazine by that point, so this is a useful made-up point because the idea of "WWE Magazine interview I haven't heard of" is entirely plausible in and of itself.

2) After Chavo reached Chis on his cell phone, he said that Chris sounded very odd, groggy and tired. He also said that Chris told him I Love You Chavo which sounded forced. The WWE also said that when Chris called in and told them that Nancy and Daniel were sick he did not sound like himself. He sounded groggy. Chris then said I Love You which they say was out of context because he usually didnt say this.

Murdering your family is physically and emotionally exhausting.

3) Chris Benoits cell phone is missing. The police cannot find his cell phone or the needles they say Chris used to inject himself with steroids shortly before he died. The police have turned his cell phone off.

...what? Not that I recall any of this being the case in the first place, but it later came outI think in Irv Muchnick's bookthat the police did a terrible job searching the house, with Nancy's family even finding a steroid stash in a suitcase that the cops didn't check.

4) Chris was not hanging from the weight machine, he was laying on the floor underneath the machine. Another officer said that Benoit was slumped against the weight machine.

The "slumped" quote, IIRC, is legit. I'm pretty sure that "laying next to the machine" is not.

5) There was a white cloth wrapped around Chris neck. If he was so suicidal why would he care if his neck was bruised?

He was in the midst of a psychotic break on top of already having a major complex about his body that was intertwined with his steroid use, including not getting off of them during his neck injury recovery because he didn't want to get smaller. That said, it could have also just been part of how he was trying to Rube Goldberg his lat pulldown bar into a suicide machine.

[i[6) The medical examiner says that Chris Benoit died on Saturday. The text messages were sent on Sunday. Chris was already dead so who sent the text messages? It is noted that nobody talked to Chris on Sunday.[/i]
Pretty sure the ME never said that.

7) The steroids found in Chris house were not in his body.

What? I'm guessing this stems from the "tested positive for testosterone and negative for anabolic steroids" nonsense from WWE?

😎 If Chris had murdered his family then why did he need to text people? Think about it. Everybody was dead. Nobody would hear him talking so why text? Calling would have been easier. (I believe the killer text Benoits address to get somebody to come to the house to find the bodies)

9) Chris sent Chavo a text message telling him his address. Why would he do this? Chavo already knew were Chris lived. He spent the previous weekend with him.

These are some of the times we get into "he just murdered his wife and son and was in the midst of a psychotic break where he Googled the prophet Elijah seemingly under the impression that he could glean some knowledge to bring Daniel back to life, why is his acting irrationally a red flag?" territory.

10) Chris body was badly de- composed, about the same as Nancys. This shows he died sooner than Sunday.

Pretty sure this is completely false. It was well-known pretty early that the condition of the bodies made it easy to determine order of death.

11) Why would he tie up Nancy to kill her? He was a big guy. He could have just hit her one good time and she would have been out.

He was a domestic abuser who wanted to brutalize her. Also...no.

12) Ray also told me that the world press is reporting the manner of the deaths wrong. He says that Daniel was shot in his head and Nancy was shot in her chest.

Assuming there's some weird context missing here? Who's Ray?

13) Chavo said that the Chris Benoit seemed worried about something but he could not get Chris to open up and tell him why he was worried.

He had just killed his family.

14) There was no Bible besides Chris body. Why would he place a bible beside Nancy and Daniel and not place one beside his own if he knew he was about to take his own life?

See "psychotic break" thing.

15) There were 10 empty beer cans and an empty body of wine besides Chris body. He tested negative for alcohol.

This is mostly true, actually, but the beer cans were found throughout the house.

16) The toxicology confirmed that Chris had Hydrocodone (pain killer) Xanax (anti-anxiety drug). I have used both of these. These 2 drugs combined will sedate Chris and make him very sleepy. So he could not fight back.

Tolerance, bro.

17) The police originally said that Daniel died on Friday because his body was badly de-composing. This supports my belief that all 3 died on Friday night. The police changed the manner of Daniels death 3 times. 1st he died from a garbage bag, 2nd he died from a choke hold, 3rd he was smothered by a pillow. Why would they keep changing?

18) The police kept changing the location of where Nancys body was found. 1st she was found in the downstairs family room. 2nd she was found in the upstairs bedroom. 3rd she was found in the house office.

The changing facts thing (mostly) isn't true, and that's also not what "manner of death" means. Making this dumber is that there actually WERE different causes of death listed for Daniel on the death certificate and...maybe the autopsy report? I forget exactly, but I think one was asphyxiation and the other was spinal compression. Whoever wrote this can't even bother using a real discrepancy in their conspiracy.

19) Chris father said that Chris called him on fathers day and told him that he wished he could spend more time with his family but he had to work. One of Nancys friend says that Nancy Loved Chris and she had no plans to leave him.

I think the former is true even if it doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I have no memory of the latter, and Nancy wasn't confiding in everyone, regardless

20) Retired Wrestler Bam Bam Bigalow died 1-19-07. Sherry Martel died 6-15-07. The Benoit family died 6-22-07. Since this family died, 2 other wrestlers have died. (Brian Adams and Johnny Crush in July and August 07) Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Brian Pillman all died the night before they were set to win title belts. Sherry Martels death is even more suspicious to me. Sherry Martel had ties to Nancy Benoits ex-husband Kevin Sullivan. The circumstances surrounding her death have not been released.

Wait, this is FROM 2007? OK, that explains SOME of the weirder bullshit. I don't think I need to address this one, regardless, though there WAS a suspicious aspect to Sherri's death in terms of her family members giving conflicting stories (collapsing on the porch vs. dying in her sleep, IIRC).

21) Kevin Sullivan told Chris Benoit that he would kill him. Kevin is currently a high ranking member of a satanic cult. Kevin is also on the WWE Board of Directors. Kevin Sullivan also had motive to kill Daniel Benoit because he was Chris and Nancys offspring. Retired wrestler Dusty Roads said that he danced with the devil when working with Kevin Sullivan who is known as being Cold-hearted and conniving. The Benoit family was murdered on the 10-year anniversary of Nancys divorce from Kevin Sullivan.

For gently caress's sake.

22) Nancy Benoits death was posted on the internet, 14 hours before her body was found.

Just Google this one.

23) Weeks before he died, Chris Benoits colleagues said that Chris began taking alternate routes to and from work and back to his house. Chris and Nancy believed that somebody was following them. Chris friends dismissed his worries as paranoia.

Or it was paranoia.

24) The Benoit family was murdered the same week that the WWE had a story line of Who killed Vince McMahon.
OK.

This seems widely circulated enough to be worth doing a full debunking, but holy poo poo is it dumb. (It's also weird that nobody's bothered updating it in a dozen years.)

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think it's very interesting that you don't even attempt to refute that Kevin Sullivan killed them all

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

davidbix posted:

...does anyone know why this thread never has the "new posts" icon?
the number on the side is the new posts icon
as far as the benoit thing goes a friend of mine shared it asking what people thought about it so its likely this was some rando she knew posting it and she not knowing the story but having heard of benoit shared it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drew McIntyre posted:

i think it's very interesting that you don't even attempt to refute that Kevin Sullivan killed them all

makes u think

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

well I mean Kevin Sullivan used Nancy as a drug mule during their relationship so its not hard to imagine him beating up a younger more jacked, slightly less crippled dude and managing to tidy up enough he didn't leave any dead ringers for the cops to find.

Kevin Sullivan really is a satanic genius. Just ask him, he'll let you know.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

coconono posted:

well I mean Kevin Sullivan used Nancy as a drug mule during their relationship so its not hard to imagine him beating up a younger more jacked, slightly less crippled dude and managing to tidy up enough he didn't leave any dead ringers for the cops to find.

Kevin Sullivan really is a satanic genius. Just ask him, he'll let you know.

Kevin Sullivan wasn't in the house when he killed them. he cast a hex upon Chris Benoit. so while physically, Benoit did carry out the murders, he was under the control of Kevin Sullivan's black magic.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM #ad📢

Big Evil was a great character but had lots of bad matches

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Kevin Sullivan posted dozens of Stone Cold Steve Austin gifs to a computer screen that Christ Benoit was watching, instantly turning him insane just like FYAD did to GBS in 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't believe Benoit Truthers still exist in 2019 :psyduck:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

AkumaHokoru posted:

the number on the side is the new posts icon
I know, I rarely see it for this thread (and a bunch of others), even when there are new posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

check your ad and script blockers to see if they're interfering with them.