Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I vastly prefer The Terminator over Terminator 2, although like many others I was the other way on my opinion as a kid. Don't get me wrong, T2 is still objectively awesome and the special effects are so well done that they manage to look pretty drat good even today, so I can't knock it on its production values or anything like that, but as I got older the T-1000 just started feeling "cheap" as an antagonist because it never really took damage and (nowadays to me) feels a bit "videogamey.". The original T-800 is terrifying because of how relentless it is regardless of what damage it's taking (tanking!), so even when it's literally in pieces and only just capable of moving under its own power it will still try to kill you by whatever means possible.

T-1000 just hits the reset button and wags his finger (okay that's still cool).

Anyway, "you're terminated fucker!" is one of my favourite one-liners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I vastly prefer The Terminator over Terminator 2, although like many others I was the other way on my opinion as a kid. Don't get me wrong, T2 is still objectively awesome and the special effects are so well done that they manage to look pretty drat good even today, so I can't knock it on its production values or anything like that, but as I got older the T-1000 just started feeling "cheap" as an antagonist because it never really took damage and (nowadays to me) feels a bit "videogamey.". The original T-800 is terrifying because of how relentless it is regardless of what damage it's taking (tanking!), so even when it's literally in pieces and only just capable of moving under its own power it will still try to kill you by whatever means possible.

Timestamped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ntksk9SpPs&t=86s

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Oh you fucker I was well into that and then the clip ended.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Everything everybody already said, plus OMG that 80s hair.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

I agree. While T2 is a much louder, more polished production, Terminator is still really, really good. It starts off as a murder mystery that hits the gas pretty quick and never lets up. The T-800 'feels' more grounded, if that makes any sense.

"I'll be back" still gives me chills. It's perfect.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

he'll ya

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh that looks cool.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh that looks cool.

I am going to bring it to board game night Friday, and also use them with my Aliens Roleplaying Game this fall that I preordered. Because I am a nerd.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wait. Why is this thread not gold. It's the best.

I should still find a way to trick Michael Biehn into saying something about us.

edit: FUUUUCKKKKK His fee went up to $85. It used to be like $25 or something.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 15, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Eh, I might still do it. The government is paying for it anyway technically. I don't do much so I don't know what else to do with my paltry amount of money. :shrug:

I don't think I can trick him into saying poo poo about the forums. And also his videos are really miss, miss, miss, and hit. Who knows if he'll be drunk or not. I'll probably have to do it for myself but I'd need to say something so that he'd be more inclined to not be plastered. I could say I'm a disabled vet but I'd not like to pull that card.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 15, 2019

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Eh, I might still do it. The government is paying for it anyway technically. I don't do much so I don't know what else to do with my paltry amount of money. :shrug:

I don't think I can trick him into saying poo poo about the forums. And also his videos are really miss, miss, miss, and hit. Who knows if he'll be drunk or not. I'll probably have to do it for myself but I'd need to say something so that he'd be more inclined to not be plastered. I could say I'm a disabled vet but I'd not like to pull that card.

just get him to use the phrase "something awful" or congratulate someone about the new stairs they installed in their house or whatever.

it's loving criminal that his lot seems to have been "play a cool soldier opposite a badass leading lady, then get written out of the sequel."

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If I play the vet card I got 249/250 characters. A big part of that being what I want him to say like "Could you say "I need to nuke you and your friends from orbit. It's the only way to be sure?""

I was going to ask, "You are something awful and I need to nuke...." but I don't know if that'll fly. I want him to say a long message and not these 15 second ones he's doing so I'm trying to goad him into saying at least a little more because it's $85 loving dollars and I want my money's worth.

edit: well if I do that then it's more for me and not the forums. I'm at a loss here. I really like him and don't want to trick him now that I think about it. :(

It sucks only having 250 characters. I first need to tell him how great he is and love all of his movies and blah blah. So I only have like 100-150 characters to actually work with.

another edit: "You're something awful and I need to nuke you from orbit. It's the only way to be sure? Inside joke."

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 15, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm getting an itchy trigger finger here. Come on guys.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If you’re looking for someone to talk you out of this, I am not the person you’re looking for.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph posted:

If you’re looking for someone to talk you out of this, I am not the person you’re looking for.

Ok well I can always try again if this one fails. His typical response is 1 day so we could even get it tomorrow.

edit: It's pretty personal the way it's set up now but it's not like anyone here doesn't know about me being a broken human. I'm trying to extract as much chat as I can out of him.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 15, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
gently caress it, I did it. Might be weird but I did put "something awful" in there. Hope he says it.

I hope this $85 is worth it. Hope he's not drunk. I'd accept drunk if it was still $25 but man, come on.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

:f5:

even if he is plastered, this should be good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well it was like 5 seconds. Way less than I wanted. But he said it at least. I used my real name so whatever.

I got him to say something awful! I just spent $85 for this forum!!!

https://www.cameo.com/v/uRR_hwzvm

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That is great! I also love the disdain Biehn has on his face doing this.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I also love the disdain Biehn has on his face doing this.

:lol:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Android Apocalypse posted:

That is great! I also love the disdain Biehn has on his face doing this.

He doesn't seem too happy lol. And he completely it within like 12 hours. Must not be too busy.

I know it's like 5 seconds but I'm still freaking out that Michael Biehn mentioned my name.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
That is awesome. Also he sounds a little tipsy. Or does he just have kind of a permanent minor slur now?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jay_Zombie posted:

That is awesome. Also he sounds a little tipsy. Or does he just have kind of a permanent minor slur now?

To be honest I think it's kind of permanent. I always just assume he's drunk but after watching all of his videos in all sorts of places and times he just seems like that's his regular speech. Maybe a lot of alcohol in the past. I'm not sure. He's about 63 now so who knows what he's done with his life. Kinda fell off the radar for a good 20 years.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

To be honest I think it's kind of permanent. I always just assume he's drunk but after watching all of his videos in all sorts of places and times he just seems like that's his regular speech. Maybe a lot of alcohol in the past. I'm not sure. He's about 63 now so who knows what he's done with his life. Kinda fell off the radar for a good 20 years.

Kinda was leaning that way too. I've noticed that some people that have abused alcohol to extremes in their past have varying degrees of what sounds like a permanent slur.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh god
:(

Well my fall is about the same, maybe not so bad tbh
That slur is sad/scary

I will remember him how I want to
Staying up all night, in that room, protecting her--- telling her how much he loved her
:love:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Spins posted:

Staying up all night, in that room, protecting her--- telling her how much he loved her
:love:

I assume you're talking about The Terminator which was a great movie. And this thread hits on that too. Terminator chat is tolerated. As is Robocop, Starship Troopers, Predator, and others.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I assume you're talking about The Terminator which was a great movie. And this thread hits on that too. Terminator chat is tolerated. As is Robocop, Starship Troopers, Predator, and others.

In my post that will launch a multi-page Ishtar derail I will demonstrate how it was one of the unsung great films of the 80s, a heart of darkness for the me generation and furthermore

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
When I had Michael Biehn send a retirement video to my dad he did his own thing, ignored my request, and took about a week and a half.

His own thing was decent though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I used to LOVE T2. One of my favorite movies when I was a kid. Now, I think I like The Terminator more. It's much more horror driven. I also played a Sega game as a kid and the terminator crawling after you was terrifying.

It was also a break-out role for Arnold along with Conan the Barbarian.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Well it was like 5 seconds. Way less than I wanted. But he said it at least. I used my real name so whatever.

I got him to say something awful! I just spent $85 for this forum!!!

https://www.cameo.com/v/uRR_hwzvm
I like this way more than I should.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I like this way more than I should.

I'm still freaking out. I know it's just a few seconds but I've watched it about 30 times. Not as many times as I've seen Aliens though.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

His delivery was pretty good for being half in the bag and probably resentful over having to do this poo poo. He should get more work.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hey, I just got Michael Biehn to say something about the forums.

Show some respect assholes.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Hey, I just got Michael Biehn to say something about the forums.

Show some respect assholes.

And we salute you.

Now get Pvt. Wierzbowski to sing a song for us.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

While depressing, he at least kept the delay perfectly timed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I know it seems stupid but I'm swoon like a teenage girl.

loving Michael Biehn just talked to me... in a way.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

And we salute you.

Now get Pvt. Wierzbowski to sing a song for us.

The actor for Wierzbowski (Trevor Steedman) is dead, unfortunately :smith:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

I know it seems stupid but I'm swoon like a teenage girl.

loving Michael Biehn just talked to me... in a way.

I think it was a huge success, even at $85, man.

I've paid that for things that were nowhere near as cool as this.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

looks like they made a Aliens anime lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU08-wEBouo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

yeah getting hudson to name check sa rules.