Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

not a cult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
I like how this completely ignores the billions of people living in poverty who have no choice at all about bitcoin, and who still won't be able to buy any after hyperbitcoinization.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Fleetwood Crack posted:

I like how this completely ignores the millions of people living in poverty who have no choice at all about bitcoin, and who still won't be able to buy any after hyperbitcoinization.

thats what limbocoin is for

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I think the ones that choose to buy Bitcoins will be murdered for their precious bits by the people who apparently need bitcoins but have guns.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

after hyperbitcoinization i won't have to buy bitcoin because my body will have turned into bitcoins

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Qwertycoatl posted:

after hyperbitcoinization i won't have to buy bitcoin because my body will have turned into bitcoins

lol if ur body hasnt already turned into bitcoins

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The Little Death posted:

I think the ones that choose to buy Bitcoins will be murdered for their precious bits by the people who apparently need bitcoins but have guns.

ah but bitcoins can not be stolen!

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Boxturret posted:

ah but bitcoins can not be stolen!

The bitcoins themselves will be freshly given in exchange for the sweet release of death

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

But seriously the bitcoiners version of historical materialism where literally all aspects of society are determined by the currency system is a particularly insane brainworm that rivals any crazy cult of the past.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

oh and because it's always good to look up what actually happened compared to what bitcoiner's diseased minds think happened

bitcoiners: the one website for all european banking was hacked resulting in all banking in the world ceasing

reality: an affiliate site that handled a newsletter was hacked possibly leaking the information of its 481 subscribers

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Boxturret posted:

oh and because it's always good to look up what actually happened compared to what bitcoiner's diseased minds think happened

bitcoiners: the one website for all european banking was hacked resulting in all banking in the world ceasing

reality: an affiliate site that handled a newsletter was hacked possibly leaking the information of its 481 subscribers

:wrong:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

its weird then that all the news is about this affiliate site and not all of european commerce grinding to a halt

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
are they still running the buy one ross get one free deal?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Weatherman posted:

while supplies last!

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

didn't the entire bitcoin network grind to a screeching halt for a long time due to that satoshidice thing?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Erenthal posted:

didn't the entire bitcoin network grind to a screeching halt for a long time due to that satoshidice thing?

multiple times :)

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Boxturret posted:

while supplies last!

Unfortunately, the entire supply is locked up right now

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Weatherman posted:

Due to popular demand it's now buy one ross get one free life sentence.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Being a hodler makes me feel like I can go meditate under a tree for the rest of eternity (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 7 hours ago by spookiestevie

This is not the path I follow but knowing this grants one great freedoms.

None of us have time to be doing this yet, we have to stack the fuckin sats.

veganic11redditor for 3 months 1 point 5 hours ago

Meditation will definitely make part of a good portion of my retirement. A clear mind to enjoy the simple life.

RonTurkey 1 point 2 hours ago

How much Bitcoin do you have? #stackingsats and #pattin'backs

Kpenney 1 point 5 hours ago

Its called fiscal security lol. I couldn't agree more though.

Orangemaniscoolredditor for 3 months 0 points 6 hours ago

You are correct. Before bitcoin I was always concerned if my savings would protect me in a less favorable future. Now that stress is lessened.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

veganic11redditor for 3 months 1 point 5 hours ago

Meditation will definitely make part of a good portion of my retirement. A clear mind to enjoy the simple life.

I read that as "medication" and nodded in understanding.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

medialAxis 13 points 9 hours ago

Bitcoin is history in the making. I'm just glad I've lived long enough to see its inception and glad I get it (rare for us over 70s, so I'm told). Am hodling a bit of course, that's part of the buzz. But let's not forget that bitcoin is technology and, like any technology, it's neither good nor bad in and of itself, it's how we use it that matters. Thankfully we have the likes of aantonop to remind of us that.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

bitcointwitter 1 point 3 hours ago

Bitcoin to me is the ROBOT of banking with no Greedy Overlord

It destroys borders and makes you accountable for your crimes and honesty.

Math don't lie. Math is the most honest thing there is. Its loving truth.

Nobody likes like seeking work; to be rejected but it happens.

But with mining bitcoin. You always hired to work. Sure your work might not add up or match.

But at least your not having;
1 layoffs
2 discrimination
3 distractions
4 employment downsizing
5 drama

OHHHH WAIT WHAT IS THIS? YOU UNDERSTOOD THE CENTRAL PARTY GAME BUT ITS RIGGED OF CHEATERS listed there who don't want to be ACCOUNTABLE FOR MURDER AND WAR CRIMES by the NEWS THEY PAY TO PUBLISH?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

It destroys borders and makes you accountable for your crimes and honesty.

:hai: like e.g. Frosty Rossy

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

...! posted:

i thought it was every single person in the family
:hai:

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

do you think it was Ross or his lawyer who thought up trying to pin the whole thing on Karpeles, who is innocent for obvious reasons?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i guess i don't have the family complaint letters but i do have this

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

he redeemed himself by going to prison for life without parole

...!
Oct 5, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

he redeemed himself by going to prison for life without parole

:hai:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ross caged for his sins

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

it was his older brother.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I've got it. we'll tattoo ross

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
free ross, on the condition he gets a full-forehead-tattoo advertising a victim's fund altcoin

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
free ross, on the condition he gets immediately tried and sentenced to two life sentences for soliciting murder

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Magrov posted:

don't a lot of folks get those tattoos in prison? kind of a catch-22 to say you shouldn't go if you don't have one, rossbro :rolleyes:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sniep posted:

free ross, on the condition he gets a full-forehead-tattoo advertising a victim's fund altcoin

The Scarlet Altcoin, a modern day reimagining of The Scarlet Letter.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

KnifeWrench posted:

don't a lot of folks get those tattoos in prison? kind of a catch-22 to say you shouldn't go if you don't have one, rossbro :rolleyes:

p sure people only get those in prison

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

your honour my brother doesn't belong in prison, he doesn't even have the right clothes!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

your honour my brother doesn't belong in prison, he doesn't even have the right clothes!

:hmmyes:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Magrov posted:

give us Barabbas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49177705

quote:

The investigations continue, and my money remains stolen.

Of course, I should never have stored my password anywhere on my computer.

Malware can scan keystroke movements and sniff out a private key - even if, as I had done, you chop it up into separate blocks and store it in different places.

But writing down a private key on paper can be just as hazardous. A house fire, flood, hungry pet - simply a bad memory - can mean that huge amounts of cryptocurrency are lost forever.

You could hammer our your private key on to a fire and corrosion proof titanium tag - check out Cryptotag's solution - and then store it in a bank vault, but this is hardly convenient if you want to access your crypto wallet regularly.

So I'm left with my fingers burned, feeling like I wandered in to a savage bazaar where criminals can pick your pocket at will. And get away with it.

Please learn from my mistakes.

it's almost as though "no chargebacks" is... bad???