Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Empire is flawless how dare you sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

TROS should start with a loving overture

Give Johnny Williams his victory lap

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Give episode 9 no dialogue whatsoever

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Give Matthew Barney an unlimited budget and let him direct the next movie.

Let’s get weird.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Give Ari Aster a SW movie so we can see 10 minutes of C3PO sobbing after Chewbacca blows his brains out with his laser crossbow.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Zoran posted:

Give episode 9 no music whatsoever

Fixed. Let's von Trier this bitch.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Bring on Tommy Wiseau. Let's get WEIRD.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Jewmanji posted:

There’s a couple of unusual techniques during that battle, I think Lucas was trying a few different homages to war photography- at one point the camera does this artificial zooming technique to evoke spontaneous and unexpected panning by the operator (used a bunch in Starship Troopers as well). It looks like the kind of thing that made it into newsreels

They basically let the animators go nuts for the war shots and do whatever they thought would look cool, then used the best parts. It's unknown if they got any more specific instructions than that, but the handheld camera and stuff was apparently their idea.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Zoran posted:

Give episode 9 no dialogue whatsoever

Didn't TLJ have a music-only option?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

These are official Barbies.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

It took me a moment to realize that wasn't a colander on her belt

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

But is R2-D2 Barbie a person?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

El Burbo posted:

It's cultural appropriation.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

El Burbo posted:

Is Barbie Barbie a person?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bogus Adventure posted:

It took me a moment to realize that wasn't a colander on her belt

I thought it was a canteen.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

The MSJ posted:

These are fabulous, and I would absolutely watch a movie about Darth Meryl Streep conquering the Galactic Republic that doubles as commentary on the aesthetics of fascism.

Y'all some haters 😂

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Koalas March posted:

These are fabulous, and I would absolutely watch a movie about Darth Meryl Streep conquering the Galactic Republic that doubles as commentary on the aesthetics of fascism.

Y'all some haters 😂

The Sith Lord Wears Prada

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Boss Bitch Vader looks amazing TBQH. I'd easily fit that in my collection.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

The MSJ posted:

these loving own.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Baroness?

Koalas March posted:

This will, eventually, be my Edge of the Empire campaign.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Koalas March posted:

Y'all some haters 😂

Agreed, they're incredible.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Holy poo poo those Barbies are $100 apiece though I guess that is about par for the course for stuff like Sideshow Collectible action dollies. Darth Barbie is pretty dope though.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Force_Herald/status/1160470951399739392

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Potential BFF posted:

Holy poo poo those Barbies are $100 apiece though I guess that is about par for the course for stuff like Sideshow Collectible action dollies. Darth Barbie is pretty dope though.

Can't even do an asking for a friend thing in regards to legs and stuff.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkJtdJKCVto

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Potential BFF posted:

Aren't sideshow dolls like 3x that cost?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Where's the Gonk Droid doll? Give me Gonk, or give me death!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Baseless speculation and rumor-mongering:

quote:

Like a force spirit returning to give sage advice to a young Jedi, a rumor has cropped up that Ewan McGregor is returning to the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi for a new Disney+ series about the character.

Rumors have been swirling for months now that the series was planned, but there hasn’t been any confirmation. However, Cinelinx is now reporting that they’ve heard from two separate sources that McGregor has officially signed on for the series, meaning that it would officially happen at some point. If true, it’s even possible that we’ll get a surprise announcement about it at D23 this year, as Disney is sure to be dropping a ton of Star Wars information at their annual event.

The character of Obi-Wan Kenobi has been bouncing around at Disney for a while now with them not sure what to do with him. Originally, the studio planned to develop a standalone film for the character, along with the likes of Boba Fett and Yoda, but after the disappointing returns on Solo: A Star Wars Story, the studio scrapped a lot of their movie plans to re-evaluate how they were moving forward with Star Wars films. Instead, it appears Disney believes that a streaming series might be a safer bet, and pulling Ewan McGregor back in would make it a really, really safe one. For many fans, he’s one of the few high points of the prequel films and is still a major film star.

If this rumor turns out to be true, it shouldn’t be that surprising. McGregor has long said that he’d love to return to the role, and Disney isn’t one to simply let popular characters languish because one film didn’t perform well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gonz posted:

Baseless speculation and rumor-mongering:

Deadline confirmed

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1162153254278447105?s=20

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fffffff :gizz:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Truly, this is a day to remember.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hello there

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

El Burbo posted:

Hello there

GENERAL KENOBI

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I maintain that a movie about Obi-Wan and Lars teaming up to save a bunch of kids (including Luke) kidnapped by a Mad Max-esque Tatooine warlord would own.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Give me a Qui Gon movie, dammit! Old Ben is old, lol

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
My personal Ewan Mcgregor Reprising Obi-Wan movie/streaming series would've been a complete deconstruction of everything he believed in while waiting for Luke to grow up, but this is Disney and they will not do that. It'll probably be a bunch of fun time action deflecting lasers and delivering strong quips.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

MonsieurChoc posted:

I maintain that a movie about Obi-Wan and Lars teaming up to save a bunch of kids (including Luke) kidnapped by a Mad Max-esque Tatooine warlord would own.

They could do that over a 2-episode arc, you never know! I mentioned in the Filoniverse thread that a Clone Wars flashback episode where Hayden cameos would be cool and good, and would rule so hard if Ahsoka makes her live-action debut there too.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I've said it many times but Secret Honor remake with Ewan Obi

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Let Jodorowsky remake The Holy Mountain with Star Wars characters.

“Goodbye Star Wars, Real life awaits us."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
Obi-wan will be crucial to renaming Tatooine to Jakku.