Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

Is there a good Actual Play or similar of Werewolf: The Forsaken out there?

Text write-ups:
https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/werewolf-the-forsaken-the-seventh-seal.775548/
https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/werewolf-the-forsaken-detroit-rock-city.446663/
https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/werewolf-the-forsaken-the-ties-that-bind.378138/
https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/werewolf-the-forsaken-home-is-where-the-bones-are.785380/
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/...ken-actual-play

Video:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/85196579
There's a couple on YouTube but I can't link without embedding. One is Howling of Frankfort, another is Manitou Springs

I've likely missed a few but I think most of the text ones I've seen are on rpg.net. Acrozatarim (writer/developer for Werewolf) was getting one going, Eater of Names, in Hong Kong, but I think they had technical issues after the 14th episode or so and the recordings are offline or hard to find, and I've stumbled onto a lot of podcast-like actual plays of assorted Chronicles games but I don't have any links for Werewolf ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Soonmot posted:

Yup. Car wizards are k&t, turbo teen is deviant.

Holy poo poo, can we make turbo teen?

I know it's the wrong game since Deviant is nWoD, but now I can't not think about werewolves taking Turbo Teen as their thing with The General. Forgetting the term. Totem?

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

xanthan posted:

I know it's the wrong game since Deviant is nWoD, but now I can't not think about werewolves taking Turbo Teen as their thing with The General. Forgetting the term. Totem?

Maybe Lodge? An Exarchic cult might form in a Lodge.

There's one called the Thousand Steel Teeth, no transforming into cars but more driving around in souped up Fury Road-type vehicles.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

xanthan posted:

The best thing to come out of Bone Gnawers Revised.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

nofather posted:

Maybe Lodge? An Exarchic cult might form in a Lodge.

There's one called the Thousand Steel Teeth, no transforming into cars but more driving around in souped up Fury Road-type vehicles.

Looked it up, yeah a pack of wolves dedicated to THE GENERAL LEE from Dukes of Hazard fix up an old car. Which becomes magic or something because of the totem their pack is dedicated to.

Was remembering something from WtA, not anything in nWoD.

"The pack alpha gains an intuitive knowledge of all of America’s highways, along with many back roads in the Deep South."
The Bone Gnawers are so stupid and so great.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 13, 2019

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Dawgstar posted:

The best thing to come out of Bone Gnawers Revised.

Second best - you forgot the Hootenanny gift.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is there anything on the Reqiuem Covenant Legion of the Dead?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Dawgstar posted:

Is there anything on the Reqiuem Covenant Legion of the Dead?

There's a whole write-up for them (and the rest of the Camarilla) in Requiem for Rome.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I'm giving the parasitism powers rules a Shot

Parasitism

1 - Inhabit

The Odsecen can burrow into and take control of the body of a helpless or unconscious ghoul. This requires no roll, and costs 1 vitae. The Odsecen retains their own attributes, and the ghoul is effectively killed, dying very soon after the Odsecen leaves due to loss of vital organs. While inhabiting a ghoul body the Odsecen's humanity is raised by their parasitism dots, and their blood potency lowered by their parasitism dots, for the purposes of taking sun damage. An Odsecen is assumed to begin play with a ghoul body already inhabited, due to established Odsecen siring practices.

Seeing the sun or flame through the eyes of a host does not trigger Rotshrek, any more than seeing an image of a flame on a television screen would. However, this does not grant any bonus to resisting daysleep, however, the Odsecen must work on that on their own.

2 - Neural Theft

The Odsecen can reach into the comatose mind of their host and bring forth either an echo of their skills or their personality. Spending 1 vitae allows the Odsecen to use one of the skills or abilities of their host in place of their own, or imitate the host flawlessly, for one scene.

3- Nervous Control

An Odsecen inhabiting a ghoul body passively ignores their parasitism dots worth of bashing damage penalties. By spending 1 vitae as a reflexive action they can additionally ignore their parasitism dots worth of lethal damage penalties for a scene.

4- Spinal Stinger

By dealing two lethal damage to their host, the Odsecen can thrust their spine tail out of the chest of the host. This acts as a +2 lethal, 0 initiative, 2 strength, 4 size melee weapon, and grants the Odescen +1 defense against melee attacks due to its reach. It can also be deployed as a Grapple move after winning a grapple roll. This costs 1 vitae in addition to the 2 lethal damage, but allows the Odsecen to immediately restrain their opponent without applying a hold, as they inject a paralytic venom. This immobilization lasts the duration of a scene.

5- Disgorge

After rolling an exceptional success on a grapple the Odsecen may pick this move instead of two other moves. They burst forth from their host's mouth, rending the host body asunder and killing it instantly, and force their way into the mouth of their enemy. A human this move is used against becomes a ghoul, a ghoul remains a ghoul, but if it is used against a vampire it triggers feeding, and then Diablerie. If the Diablerie fails the parasite is ejected and left squirming, bodiless on the ground. If the diablerie is successful the Odsecen inhabits the other vampire's form, which acts the same as a ghoul body but loses the sunlight protection aspect. The primary benefit of inhabiting another vampire is the ability to imitate them, rather than any huge gain in physical power.

----

Idk how good any of these are, I could really use some help

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I like them, but maybe just have the would penalties wrap around from bashing to lethal and save the vitae expenditure to ignore tilts?

I'm also not a fan of the level 5 only being able to be used on an exceptional grapple. I assume successful use of the level 4 would allow Disgorge to occur.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Soonmot posted:

I like them, but maybe just have the would penalties wrap around from bashing to lethal and save the vitae expenditure to ignore tilts?

I'm also not a fan of the level 5 only being able to be used on an exceptional grapple. I assume successful use of the level 4 would allow Disgorge to occur.

my thinking was if you've paralysed someone with 4 you can inhabit them at your leisure. disgorge is a mid-combat switch that would let you switch out a damaged body. I could be completely stupid though, I'm having trouble figuring it out

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

So my Setite TMZ gadfly character Frank Lyon Wall ( F Lyon Wall, get it) in my 40 person LARP is going to his second game, and im bringing a kindred only newsletter written like a zine (Up Against The Wall) and of course im starved for content. y'all got some jokey horoscopes I can include for the clans, like

Baali: You will soon have some old friends over for dinner :haw:

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Gangrel: Tonight is the night. Make your move. Assert Dominance. You know who.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Look up Vincent Moon in the Mekhet clanbook, his stupid rear end divination owns.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Drink someone who had ovaltine.

poo poo, now I'm just imagining a vampire that can only feed off people who drank ovaltine in the past day trying to make it more popular.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

xanthan posted:

poo poo, now I'm just imagining a vampire that can only feed off people who drank ovaltine in the past day trying to make it more popular.

Ventrue ex-Advertising executive.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
You should try and throw Bowie lyrics from Blackstar or Station to Station into whatever you write about the Tremere.

Five Eyes
Oct 26, 2017

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I'm giving the parasitism powers rules a Shot

Parasitism

Idk how good any of these are, I could really use some help

If the four-dot venom doesn't affect vampires you can probably make it simpler to deploy - four-dot disciplines are pretty cheaty. It might be better for this to be a contested roll of some sort if the paralysis is scene-long. A Ventrue bloodline can also much more readily Dominate someone into holding still, of course.

Can someone with Parasitism 5 use Inhabit on non-ghoul humans or other vampires without using Disgorge?

It's not a major problem, but your fourth and fifth dots are sort of in a different place than the first three - you transition from gaining further control over your host into gaining further gribbly abilities which incidentally let you secure hosts.

It might be fruitful to opt for the Req2e "Bloodline Devotion" model instead of a separate discipline - you could imagine a fair assortment of fringe benefits and nasty tricks outside of a traditional 5-dot structure. This would let you design down separate channels, as well - an Obfuscate Devotion to make your host pass medical inspection or to mute your predatory aura while in a host body, Dominate/Resilience devotion to cause a host body you have abandoned to stumble around for an hour doing your bidding before dying, etc.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Five Eyes posted:

If the four-dot venom doesn't affect vampires you can probably make it simpler to deploy - four-dot disciplines are pretty cheaty. It might be better for this to be a contested roll of some sort if the paralysis is scene-long. A Ventrue bloodline can also much more readily Dominate someone into holding still, of course.

Can someone with Parasitism 5 use Inhabit on non-ghoul humans or other vampires without using Disgorge?

It's not a major problem, but your fourth and fifth dots are sort of in a different place than the first three - you transition from gaining further control over your host into gaining further gribbly abilities which incidentally let you secure hosts.

It might be fruitful to opt for the Req2e "Bloodline Devotion" model instead of a separate discipline - you could imagine a fair assortment of fringe benefits and nasty tricks outside of a traditional 5-dot structure. This would let you design down separate channels, as well - an Obfuscate Devotion to make your host pass medical inspection or to mute your predatory aura while in a host body, Dominate/Resilience devotion to cause a host body you have abandoned to stumble around for an hour doing your bidding before dying, etc.

i thought about going the devotions route but then I wouldn't have parasitism dots to base stuff off. also idk if you can get devotions at character creation and I wouldn't want a PC to start without a host.

for the 4 dot power I figured basically what the grapple move was doing was letting you skip the 'hold' step in restraining someone, and give you the equivalent of 'restraining someone using equipment' for a while, with the grapple roll being the contest. I wasn't sure how to do it otherwise.

as for disgorge i figured you could inhabit normal humans without it (effectively you ghoul them in the process) but not vampires. I also had trouble figuring out a good contested roll for that to make it something other than 'one roll to instakill'.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

xanthan posted:

Brujah: Try laughing for a change.
Toreador: Do you remember when you saw it for the first time?
Malkavian: All will be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Ventrue: It is time to demand a raise from your boss.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Tzimisce: Their body is a temple.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

issue 1 of Up Against the Wall is in galleys now. Taking any sort of feedback. I wanted to use a script font to increase that 'zine look but keep readability high. It's a mix of news from the national/local boards and the horoscopes you guys threw out there, lmk what you think. I have until oh, 3pm tomorrow to make any edits before running to office store to make copies to hand out at game.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 16, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Shrecknet posted:

issue 1 of Up Against the Wall is in galleys now. Taking any sort of feedback. I wanted to use a script font to increase that 'zine look but keep readability high. It's a mix of news from the national/local boards and the horoscopes you guys threw out there, lmk what you think. I have until oh, 3pm tomorrow to make any edits before running to office store to make copies to hand out at game.

I love it!

Five Eyes
Oct 26, 2017

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i thought about going the devotions route but then I wouldn't have parasitism dots to base stuff off. also idk if you can get devotions at character creation and I wouldn't want a PC to start without a host.

I think it'd work out either way. The bloodline examples that got posted years back all received their Advantage immediately, which for the Khaibit was their foundational Devotion, so starting with a host should be fine - but not scaling benefits, unless you wanted to tie that to some other in-house Discipline (Resilience?) or to the number of bloodline Devotions the vampire has.

I think I'd have the venom be a contested roll to inflict Immobilized or Insensate. If the second, with a clause saying damage from an Odsecen's feeding won't break the Tilt.

For Disgorge I'd have it be something you can activate after successive Hold or Feed maneuvers with total successes equal to the target's Size. You "spread out" your proposed five successes that way, and by that point if the vampire had been using Damage instead it's very likely the target would be dead or torpid, so having it allow a fatal effect is kind of fine. If I were going to make it somewhat rules-heavier I'd give benefits to the diablerie roll (such as letting them sub Parasitism for Strength in the dice pool, or increasing the Feed intake limit by their Stamina.)

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

This rules and anyone who is handed it will know that it rules

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Predators and Shunned by the Moon really helped me link together a couple random plotlines to actually push the chronicle storyline forward in a pretty organic way. So thanks for the reccs

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Five Eyes posted:

I think it'd work out either way. The bloodline examples that got posted years back all received their Advantage immediately, which for the Khaibit was their foundational Devotion, so starting with a host should be fine - but not scaling benefits, unless you wanted to tie that to some other in-house Discipline (Resilience?) or to the number of bloodline Devotions the vampire has.

I think I'd have the venom be a contested roll to inflict Immobilized or Insensate. If the second, with a clause saying damage from an Odsecen's feeding won't break the Tilt.

For Disgorge I'd have it be something you can activate after successive Hold or Feed maneuvers with total successes equal to the target's Size. You "spread out" your proposed five successes that way, and by that point if the vampire had been using Damage instead it's very likely the target would be dead or torpid, so having it allow a fatal effect is kind of fine. If I were going to make it somewhat rules-heavier I'd give benefits to the diablerie roll (such as letting them sub Parasitism for Strength in the dice pool, or increasing the Feed intake limit by their Stamina.)

ok, turns out i'm a dumbass and was writing my bloodlines based on the VTR 1st edition bloodline supplements, not the 2nd edition. here's the one you were talking about http://theonyxpath.com/the-shadow-and-the-asp/ for reference for everyone

I guess splitting them up into devotions, with the first one free, would be the way to go. I just need to figure out a better way to scale the sun resistance, maybe something like 'for every blood potency point you are below 6 you subtract that amount from your blood potency and add it to your humanity for the purpose of sunlight damage', so only really potent Odsecen have to deal with the sun. I don't know.

With the venom were you thinking it would still need to be part of a grapple, or instead just its own contested roll while you have the spine-spear-tail thing deployed?

Disgorge is kinda lovely overall and needs reworking a bit, its garbage compared to the other skills.

The Kereberos bloodline has a pretty interesting thing, with the base gift and then a merit based on that gift that could also work for parasitism:

quote:

Bloodline Gift: The Three Heads of Kerberos
The gift of Kerberos is an attunement with the Beast, a Predatory Aura honed to a fine, hard edge. All Kerberos gain The Hound of Hell advantage, and can purchase three Merits, the Three Heads of Kerberos to reflect the three Aspects of the Beast: Competitive, Monstrous, Seductive.

THE HOUND OF HELL
This advantage, this birthright, gives the Kerberos an edge in any interactions with the Beast. First off, instead of +2, she gains her Blood Potency as a bonus any time she’s pursuing her Beast’s aspect for the scene she’s used Predatory Aura. Secondly, she adds any relevant Three Heads of Kerberos Merit to her dice pool for lashing out.

MERIT: THE THREE HEADS OF KERBEROS (• TO •••••; STYLE)
Prerequisite: Kerberos

Your Kerberos character has honed one of her three Aspects of the Beast. Choose which this Merit reflects when purchasing this Merit. You may take this Merit multiple times, each reflecting a different Aspect.

Honing (•): Your character’s Beast comes out stronger when using the chosen Aspect. Add her dots in this Merit when lashing out with that Aspect.

Internalizing (••): Your character can draw the power of the Beast inward, letting herself know what she does to her victims. This gives her a deeper understanding of her capabilities, and the experience of letting the Beast out allows her to hone them. She can take the chosen Aspect’s Condition (Bestial for Monstrous, Competitive for Competitive, or Wanton for Seductive) at any time she’d like, in order to resolve it for Beats.

Cowing (•••): Your character’s Beast demands obeisance. When successfully applying the Predatory Aura, you can choose to forego the normal Condition afforded, and instead apply a variant of the Subservient Condition (see B&S, p. 306) that only applies to commands that would fit in with the Aspect in question.

Striking (••••): Your character infects with her Beast through other actions beyond lashing out. By spending a Willpower point, she can lash out reflexively, so long as she’s affecting the victim with something else simultaneously. Most commonly, this means slashing a victim with her claws while infecting them with the Beast. But it could mean using it while investigating them with Auspex, shooting them with a pistol, while entrancing them with Majesty, while feeding them her blood, while seductively touching them, feeding from them, or any other number of effects.

The Fires of Hell (•••••): Your character’s Beast spreads like a wildfire. Any time she lashes out, you may choose additional victims equal to her Blood Potency to feel the effects. They all must fight or flight against your successes rolled. Note that to use this with Striking, the catalyst action must be able to affect all desired victims.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

OK so LARP update.

The Newsletter was a flop due to joyless fucks grilling me all night about the Tzimisce Horoscope ("Why would you include them?" "It's a joke." "But who is this being seen by? Are you distributing to the Sabbat?" ":rolleyes:") and other people saying "you can't write this down! it's a breach of the Masquerade!" like I was dropping a stack of them at the coffee shop.

I also got vetoed on an IRL in-character twitter even though that would be fun and on-brand as gently caress.

However, I did get to have some fun being an rear end in a top hat. The Tremere recently (like hours before game, so it was after I "went to press") had one of their number in the city deemed an Infernalist and executed, so I picked up a schmaltzy sympathy card from the dollar general and had as many characters as possible sign it. The Assamite Primogen simply wrote "HA HA - Clan Assamite" so that was pretty great.

Anyway, LARPing is fun as gently caress when you're doing it right (ie for maximum antagonism and fun, instead of to become a cool vampire god) and sucks a bunch when joyless assholes don't seem to get that there's a certain amount of handwaving that needs to happen or else the reality of "no one would ever gather as vampires because other vampires are too dangerous" would set in, and that's no fun for anyone.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Shrecknet posted:

OK so LARP update.

The Newsletter was a flop due to joyless fucks grilling me all night about the Tzimisce Horoscope ("Why would you include them?" "It's a joke." "But who is this being seen by? Are you distributing to the Sabbat?" ":rolleyes:") and other people saying "you can't write this down! it's a breach of the Masquerade!" like I was dropping a stack of them at the coffee shop.

I also got vetoed on an IRL in-character twitter even though that would be fun and on-brand as gently caress.

However, I did get to have some fun being an rear end in a top hat. The Tremere recently (like hours before game, so it was after I "went to press") had one of their number in the city deemed an Infernalist and executed, so I picked up a schmaltzy sympathy card from the dollar general and had as many characters as possible sign it. The Assamite Primogen simply wrote "HA HA - Clan Assamite" so that was pretty great.

Anyway, LARPing is fun as gently caress when you're doing it right (ie for maximum antagonism and fun, instead of to become a cool vampire god) and sucks a bunch when joyless assholes don't seem to get that there's a certain amount of handwaving that needs to happen or else the reality of "no one would ever gather as vampires because other vampires are too dangerous" would set in, and that's no fun for anyone.

Keep it up, eventually someone will get into it.

Like maybe the Assamite, they seems fun.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

2nd Update: I hurt babby Camawilla's fee-fees (this is my ST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I mean the obvious solution is to not LARP with these people because they suck instead of casting pearls before swine over and over

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the best people to LARP with are powertripping gamestop managers imo

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shrecknet posted:

Sounds like a great excuse to hold a grudge to me!

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Shrecknet posted:

Now go gently caress with whoever did it's haven. Perhaps the classic route of 'mid-day ICE/DHS/other federal heavy hitters raid'.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Attacking journalists and shutting down the presses: Noted tactic of cool and good leaders that always works

democracy dies in darkness

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
If you cannot identify the perpetrator, strike randomly at your perceived enemies and issue the ultimatum that until the vandal is delivered to you, the beatings will continue.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Shrecknet posted:

OK so LARP update.

The Newsletter was a flop due to joyless fucks[...]

I’d call all of that a great success. Not only were people talking and upset, you probably poked a couple hornets’ nests. Keep doing it and not only will it become a fixture, it will probably bring some of the hidden trash into the open.

I played a harpy in a large online requiem game, and while some characters really hated it, there was so much visibility in the open that it was easy to make powerful friends and upset the balance with some well timed words.

Nothing more valuable than truth, and the illusion that you always have more.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Shrecknet posted:

"Yeah, after someone mysteriously attacked my shop I had to get volume 2 printed at kinkos!"

edit- aaahahahahaha ghoul everyone working at a print shop in a busy urban environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

"Yeah, after someone mysteriously attacked my shop I had to get volume 2 printed at kinkos!"

edit- aaahahahahaha ghoul everyone working at a print shop in a busy urban environment.

Somehow, it is the least threatening Kinkos. All of them have the most threatening energy.