Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

To anybody who likes exploring abandoned/rundown places, what was the scariest thing that has ever happened to you on your adventures? (self.askreddit)

quote:

Finding ~150 barrels of toxic waste illegally dumped in the Packard Plant in Detroit.
I stayed there too long without a respirator.
I had a bad headache and felt spacey for the rest of the day. I also lost about 70% of my sense of smell permanently.

quote:

That was your penance for disturbing the ol' factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Kanine posted:

lmao as if my corpse is even going to be intact enough to be used for science after im done with it

I carry a donercard ironically.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Fumble posted:

I carry a donercard ironically.

Do you get a free doner with every tenth purchase?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm going out like D. B. Cooper. With a sack of cash and a harebrained scheme.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The Packard Plant could have been on fire at the time, which probably contributed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Wait, does that ladder slide out?

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Platystemon posted:

ol' factory

:dadjoke: :master:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Glagha posted:

Wait, does that ladder slide out?

Looks like it. Have a lock on the wall that secures the ladder and it provides some level of access control too.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

:master:

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

I'm in awe of your pun mastery.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Craptacular posted:

Looks like it. Have a lock on the wall that secures the ladder and it provides some level of access control too.

So if you're stuck on the roof and the building is on fire you need some kind person to go fetch the keys before you can get down? Or would you only be on the roof if you'd climbed up that ladder to start?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Yeah that's not a fire escape, it's a maintenance access ladder.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Have some Finnish truckfuckling accident involving a boom lift. The lift was being loaded on the truck when the truck started rolling downhill, with the operator in the lift's basket. He jumped down onto the asphalt from 1 metre and wasn't badly hurt. The lamp post and tree that got on the truck's way got hurt more, though, before it jack knifed.

Could have been a lot worse.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 16, 2019

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Perkele!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
"scaffolding"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Bring the bamboo back plz

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

PostNouveau posted:

"scaffolding"

I'm the middle ladder that appears to be leaning against nothing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
When I die, my life insurance money is going to be used to buy gold bars and I will be buried with them.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nenonen posted:

Finnish truckfuckling

Looks like that truck Finnished, alright :dadjoke:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Icon Of Sin posted:

Looks like that truck Finnished, alright :dadjoke:

Boo

I chuckled

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

"scaffolding"

I certainly expect it to fold.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

I'm going the medical donation route, to the university hospital that performed my life-saving surgery.

While I'd like to believe that my obese carcass will be used to teach fledging physicians, I really do not care.

What is appealing is that the entire donation process costs something like $500, imcluding the death certificate & transport. My mom's second husband went that routre, and my mom wil, as well.

Is her first husband living off of all the donated organs?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

When I die, my life insurance money is going to be used to buy gold bars and I will be buried with them.

Sure Grampa, we'll bury the gold bars with you as far as you'll ever know

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

Are you expecting to get shot to death by four colorful bounty hunting cowboys?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

goatsestretchgoals posted:

no matter how bad you gently caress up as a mortuary, if you dont have a frankenstein corpse attached to your wall and/or a bucket of genitalia, you're not the worst mortuary ever

please do not prove me wrong

Eat a bucket of dicks.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mortuary Aunt posted:

Eat a bucket of dicks.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I would like my remains to be spread around Walt Disney World.

I also don't want to be cremated.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Zipperelli. posted:

I would like my remains to be spread around Walt Disney World.

I also don't want to be cremated.

How do you feel about sky burial?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'll be honest, that doesn't quite live up to the exciting airborne possibility I imagined.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I was expecting “launched to space and getting cremated by the fires of reentry” which is probably about the most :black101: way to dispose of your corpse.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

wdarkk posted:

How do you feel about sky burial?

I dont want me corpse to be eaten by birds, I want to terrify children

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

I dont want me corpse to be eaten by birds, I want to terrify children

Why wait until death, when you can go to clown school now?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I was expecting “launched to space and getting cremated by the fires of reentry” which is probably about the most :black101: way to dispose of your corpse.

Sounds a bit like a Viking funeral?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I want the literal least amount of resources spent on my burial as possible. Row me out into the middle of the bay and push my naked meatsack overboard for the fish to eat.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

PostNouveau posted:

"scaffolding"

Quit being such a pussy.

Hand me that bundle of shakes you loving little girl.

Gimme the gun......

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Memento posted:

I want the literal least amount of resources spent on my burial as possible. Row me out into the middle of the bay and push my naked meatsack overboard for the fish to eat.

Just leave me in a front yard

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I just want to die in my sleep, peacefully. Not screaming, like everyone else in the car (before we go over the cliff).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

No one's mentioned it yet, so I will. Cremation isn't very good for the environment, and unless you're OK with giving nature a gently caress you as your last possible act, there's always Aquamation! Instead of burning your fat ugly sack of meat, stick it in a pressure cooker full of lye! It takes about 6 hours and turns you into an alkaline green-brown liquid with bones so brittle they can be crushed by hand. The liquid can then just be flushed into the sewer system, or you could use it as fertilizer. Uses about a quarter of the energy of a cremation.
It's not legal everywhere, though. There are an increasing number of companies that offer it as an alternative to pet cremation.