Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Nordic Weasel Games email, via WargamesVault posted:

Just for today youcan grab Renegade Scout, our highly esteemed Rogue Trader remix, for only 10 dollars and Hammer of Democracy, our new premier WW2 rules for the same price.

https://www.wargamevault.com/browse.php?discount=9fd1b1308e

https://www.wargamevault.com/browse.php?discount=9fc5ec1195

Received the email at 13:33 BST, 1st July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

TinyD6 games bundle:

Tiny Dungeon 2E
Tiny Wastelands
Tiny Frontiers
Mecha and Monsters
Beach Patrol

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/TinyDungeon

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
notably missing the latest release Tiny Supers

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Another of those big third-party 5th Edition D&D Humble Bundles going on if anyone is into that: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/beast-of-a-bundle-fifth-edition-books

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012

Arthil posted:

Another of those big third-party 5th Edition D&D Humble Bundles going on if anyone is into that: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/beast-of-a-bundle-fifth-edition-books

Lol at a charity bundle benefiting RAINN being full of stuff from Frog God Games.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Somebody ought to tell RAINN. They're usually pretty good about that stuff, so they likely don't know.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
You guys realize Webb himself pledged to do this in his apology, right?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Renegade Scout is up as Wargames Vault's deal of the day, for $11.99/£9.66.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-40000-dark-heresy-rpg-books
All of Dark Heresy 1st and second edition

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Level99 Games will be having a sale for the next five weeks where one game a week will be available for $5.

https://www.level99games.com/blog/2019/8/15/moving-sale-get-5-games-for-5-from-level-99-games

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Level99 Games will be having a sale for the next five weeks where one game a week will be available for $5.

https://www.level99games.com/blog/2019/8/15/moving-sale-get-5-games-for-5-from-level-99-games

Holy poo poo that's rad. Good first game too

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Wow, that's super cool of them! If I've already got a copy of Pixel Tactics, is it worth it to get another?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
$35 shipping. Yeah, I think not.

Edit: I know, there's absolutely nothing they can do about it. Just a nastier surprise than usual.

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 17, 2019

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it was $47 shipping to Australia, insane

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Agent Rush posted:

Wow, that's super cool of them! If I've already got a copy of Pixel Tactics, is it worth it to get another?

If you already have Pixel Tactics 1, only if you're doing Constructed or other other odd variants presented in Pixel Tactics Deluxe.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

If you already have Pixel Tactics 1, only if you're doing Constructed or other other odd variants presented in Pixel Tactics Deluxe.

Ok, thanks. I'll wait for the next games then.

Bieeanshee posted:

Edit: I know, there's absolutely nothing they can do about it. Just a nastier surprise than usual.

bowmore posted:

Yeah it was $47 shipping to Australia, insane

That sucks about the shipping prices. Bieeanshee, I'm guessing yours is international as well?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bieeanshee posted:

You can thank the American Republican party for this. :thumbsup:

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Bieeanshee posted:

You can totally get it cheaper locally yeah.

edit: try meeplemart.com, 401games.com or boardgamebliss.com for canadians like me

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, MollyMetroid, I'll remember those sites.

Agent Rush posted:

Ok, thanks. I'll wait for the next games then.

That sucks about the shipping prices. Bieeanshee, I'm guessing yours is international as well?

Canadian, yeah.

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

Goon-made Legacy: Life Among the Ruins is the latest Bundle of Holding.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Legacy

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Wow, good for them! Just to be clear, if you were in the 2E kickstarter, you probably have all of those already, right?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Someone may need to do a wellness check on Evil Mastermind, because there's a Torg Eternity bundle. The bundle itself is a little threadbare, but there's not a whole lot of Eternity content out yet, to my knowledge.

How is the actual game this go-round?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Torg: Eternity is cool and good and you should get it. Especially as an HoB.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

grassy gnoll posted:

Someone may need to do a wellness check on Evil Mastermind, because there's a Torg Eternity bundle. The bundle itself is a little threadbare, but there's not a whole lot of Eternity content out yet, to my knowledge.

How is the actual game this go-round?

I was busy yesterday. :(

The actual game is good, believe it or not. They still have the same core mechanic, but they pared down a lot of the cruft, made character abilities much much simpler (basically and advantage system), and made transformation much less of a threat.

It is totally worth getting the $10 level, since that gets you the core book and the cards. The adventures are okay, but not nessecary.

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure
If you've forgotten that Humble Bundle occasionally does RPG bundles, You should go check 'em out.

A metric crapton of content for $18+. Like five different core systems, a boat load of adventures, and a few zines.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Bundle of Holding is also running a great OSR bundle. I've been wanting to get Hot Springs Island and Operation Unfathomable for a while.

Monokeros deAstris
Nov 7, 2006
which means Magical Space Unicorn

Basically all of the D&D-adjacent Humble Bundles have involved Frog God / Bill Webb, and this one is no exception. I've stopped buying them as a result.

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure
If you decide you still want some of the content and don't want to support Frog God, Humble allows you to dictate where your money goes. Despite Frog God being the only publisher listed in the sliders, I'd say at least half of the books are from other companies.

And an actual free thing - Forbidden Lands is free for one day only.

Flail Snail fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 19, 2019

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tales from the Loop is free for today only.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I guess they must be planning a second edition of all their games.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.
Sigil Stone Publishing has a bundle sale on for their tenth anniversary: ten games in PDF for :10bux:. I'm not super-familiar with them, but I have and have skimmed through Vagabonds of Dyfed at least, and it looks pretty interesting. And a quick skim of the creator's Twitter feed doesn't throw any "raging rear end in a top hat" red flags that I can see. Games in the bundle include:
  • Belly of the Beast: Dungeon crawling through the guts of the giant monster that ate your homeland.
  • Hunt the Wicked: Space-opera bounty hunting.
  • Vow of Honor: You are an honor-bound warrior-judge protecting the innocent and punishing the wicked in a world ruled by corruption and injustice.
  • Cornerstone Fantasy: A high-fantasy supplement for Sigil Stone's generic Cornerstone system (which is itself a free download).
  • Clink: A coin-based game about shady drifters living a dangerous, nomadic life--could be ronin, spaghetti western, or something like Supernatural.
  • Perseverant: A single-session storygame about a group of people trying to survive a hostile wilderness--and each other.
  • Vagabonds of Dyfed: An old-school style dungeon crawl, with mechanics loosely based on a cut down version of Powered by the Apocalypse, with some Blades in the Dark and other good games in its DNA. Also these supplements for it:
    • Vagabond's Cyclopedia: More character options!
    • Dortoka: City on the Sea of Glass: A weird city-building toolkit and adventure guide, inspired by Dark Sun and Doskvol.
    • Stjernheim: The Siege of Deepknell Hold: A Nordic fantasy setting/adventure.

GimpInBlack fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 11, 2019

Serf
May 5, 2011

vagabonds of dyfed looks interesting at first glance, but its like city of mist in that it takes elements of other, good, systems, and makes something bad. i will vouch for dortoka, though, that book is fantastic. for $10 that ain't bad

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Serf posted:

vagabonds of dyfed looks interesting at first glance, but its like city of mist in that it takes elements of other, good, systems, and makes something bad. i will vouch for dortoka, though, that book is fantastic. for $10 that ain't bad

Hell, Dortoka is normally $10 on its own, consider this 9 free games to go along with it.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It's Greg Day!

To Honor the late Greg Stafford, Chaosium has five free scenarios. One each for Call of Cthulhu, Pendragon, Runequest, 7th Sea, and HeroQuest Glorantha

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Dune with exclusive minis and free shipping, $32.50. Must use coupon code SAVE15

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-dune-2e/33834904?ean=9420020248304

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

nesbit37 posted:

Dune with exclusive minis and free shipping, $32.50. Must use coupon code SAVE15

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-dune-2e/33834904?ean=9420020248304

Wasn't expecting to see this for cheap this soon but I won't complain.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
:spooky: It's the most spookiest time of the year again! :spooky:

DriveThruRPG is holding their annual Halloween scavenger hunt! Scour their (and their sister) site(s) for Halloween-themed icons in exchange for free products – no bones down. :skeltal:

If you've participated in the past, you're likely to run into some ghastly sights in the usual places. But it also seems like OneBookShelf has some surprises lurking in the dark, ready to frighten where they're least expected! :ghost: Standout titles for this year's offerings appear to include horror-themed sci-fi RPG Mothership and a Castles & Crusades adventure. As you go  vampire hunting  trick or treating, keep in mind that most of the websites have nine – nine freebies, ah, ah, ah! :drac: – available this time around (DTRPG locations included in the spoilered list, below).

1. Main Page
  2. Halloween Sale
  3. Horror Genre
  4. My Library
  5. Change Address
  6. Publisher Contact Settings
  7. Newsletter Settings
  8. About Page
  9. Product Reviews

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
For those who don't have them there is a huge deal on Warhammer 40K Roleplay/Rogue Trader on Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/...gn=tile_index_2

For just $1 you get Rogue Trader: Core Rulebook, Forsaken Bounty, Into the Storm and Dark Frontier.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
Mutant year Zero is free on drivethru rpg for today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vuk83 posted:

Mutant year Zero is free on drivethru rpg for today
Is it still on there? seems to have vanished