Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

asecondduck posted:

Here's the ResetEra thread with screenshots.

I've seen edgier takes here on the SA forums. Nevermind on that, for some reason not all the images loaded the first time I went on the page. So much for Ion Fury, I guess.

Wow they're lovely people. Glad you linked this and saved me $30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Coxswain Balls posted:

Manuela is very cool and I won't have anyone disrespecting her

Yeah but she should really clean her room.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
*calmly shaking my head at internet bastards while my beautiful farmer wife brings in some fresh lemonade to sip on thru a paper straw as I portably dome Juggernauts for the one-hit Intervention stagger on the Estate spec ops level*

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Coxswain Balls posted:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Inacio posted:

videogames

Reminds me of Ms. Krabappel from the Simpsons.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

holy poo poo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Wait a minute.

Bart's teacher is named Krabappel?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mercury Crusader posted:

Wait a minute.

Edna Krabappel. Yup.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

The Ion Fury devs have an open discord where they complain about SJWs and transexuals btw.

God drat it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Wait a minute.

I've been calling her Crandle!

Awwww I've been makin' an idiot outta myself!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

The Ion Fury devs have an open discord where they complain about SJWs and transexuals btw.

Ah poo poo there goes any willingness I had to support them or buy this game. loving alt right Pepe Nazis.

On a more positive note, Nintendo’s gonna have a big indie game showcase Direct in a couple of days, really looking forward to it!

https://youtu.be/yaFrSNsO1Mk

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Port Hexen to Switch.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SeANMcBAY posted:

Port Hexen to Switch.

Givin this a powerful :yeah:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Port everything to the Switch

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Well there goes any interest I had in that game :sigh:.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

if you're not harassing developers (not publishers) daily on twitter asking them to port a game to the switch you're not doing your part

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

OhFunny posted:

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware there were differences in the panel. It tilts me away from trading in my Switch for the revision as I don't want to chance getting a Switch with a worst looking display.

Ya, doing the Gamestop deal is tempting: new battery (instead of my 2.5 year old launch battery), fresh joycons, extended battery life, runs a bit cooler, plus to get back under warranty. However, with screen variation and me feeling too guilty to return something that I opened and wasn't broken if I do get one I don't like, I will just stick with my launch system. Plus, I have the individual Nintendo Online account until 2020 and my kid would get upset if I didn't transfer over their save data and who wants to sit in a Gamestop for 30+ minutes to do a system transfer (if my gamestop would even let me do it, since that seems to be hit or miss depending on the employees).

Will just hope mine doesn't die next month or whatever and I regret not having traded it in, haha.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well there goes any interest I had in that game :sigh:.

Yeah gently caress that. I was pumped for this but no thanks.

I’ll wait for Doom64.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

oh gently caress

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

OhFunny posted:

Wow they're lovely people. Glad you linked this and saved me $30.

Yup, was gonna buy it tonight after doing my nightly thread checks. That goes in the "never give them money" pile. Shame.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

d3lness posted:

I'm playing 2 right now and haven't heard any issues. What was the problem?

When they showed off the first Grandia at E3, some of the sound effects were missing.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Willo567 posted:

When they showed off the first Grandia at E3, some of the sound effects were missing.

I posted it a bit back so I'll repost since the thread moves kind fast. Only thing I noticed with sound effects is audio levels being slightly wonky at times. I just got to the air ship town and the only other bug I've noticed is missing closed eyes texture for Elena (which Ryudo reacted to correctly).

Other than that it's a decent port. Considering a few hours isn't far in, we'll see how long that holds true. I'm sure the Eye of Valmar will be an insufferable sack of poo poo. Curros are still loving useless, but adorable.

Edit: Just realized you're probably talking about Grandia 1 and I'm taking about 2. I can boot up 1 and check it out tomorrow.

d3lness fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 17, 2019

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
grandia hd collection super good besides that bat's butthole

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

whaley posted:

Unless you're in Germany at least.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

asecondduck posted:

That sounds pretty dope! It's missing the "hop in a car and drive around the city like an idiot" element but when I want to do that I can always... dick around in Lego City or LA Noire, I guess?

Hopefully Grid Autosport comes out.

Burnout: Paradise already had work done to update it too, but :lol: EA.

And I would buy Test Drive Unlimited 2 Complete Edition, but Eden Games (Gear.Club) is a tragic f2p shadow of its former self.

I'd love another racing game that isn't MK8D, but finding one that has licensed cars and runs at 60 fps?

:suicide:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 17, 2019

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Coxswain Balls posted:

:yeah:

Manuela is a great character and I love her

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

asecondduck posted:

Yeah Ion Fury is gonna be dope. I assume once Build is working on Switch we'll get Duke Nukem as well, which... eh, some people will enjoy that.

Yeah I jumped on it a week or so back to play the preview levels. It turned out really well.

There's a Duke3d homebrew port, but it crashed a lot last time I tried it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

isnt DUSK coming to switch?? I've been waiting for that one.. still no release date

...speaking of retro fpss

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Zas posted:

isnt DUSK coming to switch?? I've been waiting for that one.. still no release date

...speaking of retro fpss

How have I never seen this game until now?!? Looks fun! Hopefully it still is coming to Switch.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gluten Freeman posted:

:yeah:

Manuela is a great character and I love her

I’m gonna make my byleth marry her

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

They're modders, so of course they lack the sense of hygiene of covering that poo poo up that gaming companies do - to put it cynically.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

whaley posted:

I've never played Grandia, are they solid JRPGs with decent stories?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you know what'd i'd really like is a quake 1 port. i'm too dumb & lazy to get it working on right on windows with the OST playing correctly

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Zas posted:

you know what'd i'd really like is a quake 1 port. i'm too dumb & lazy to get it working on right on windows with the OST playing correctly

Same; I'd love it if id/Bethesda did a sort of Sega Ages take on the original, but I can't see that ever happening.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kin posted:

I've never played Grandia, are they solid JRPGs with decent stories?

i liked both of them, but grandia 2 you like more because it has a cool battle system that can be mastered and provides a decent and fair challenge on Hard difficulty.

grandia 1 is a good adventure story, but you have to be into that sort of thing of course. it's also notable as being pretty much the only jrpg where two main characters clearly say they love each other, rather than spending the entire game prancing around it and never outright saying it. i liked it a lot, top 3 games of 2015 for me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zas posted:

Someone ported 1 and 2 to Vita and they own hard

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
guys it's okay if you still wanna play ion fury. just pirate it! and openly brag about doing so in their discord

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Looper posted:

guys it's okay if you still wanna play ion fury. just pirate it! and openly brag about doing so in their discord

:hai: gently caress those trash devs :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
Anyone here dealt with dead USB ports on the dock? It charges my switch/goes to tv mode but all the ports stopped working. I saw a video where you power cycle the switch before putting it back on the dock but it still won’t work.