Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
decided to start calling gen x-ers 'young boomers'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

V. Illych L. posted:

what's happened?

nothing in particular, just the scale of projects i'm managing continues to go up and it's weird to think that tangible stuff like roads and bridges may end up not ever being made depending on the reports i write

Furnaceface posted:

Lets trade jobs. You can deal with the ever growing army of angry boomers in retail pharmacy, Ill go plant trees.

haha, you don't think angry boomers come out and yell at you for planting trees to close to what they imagine to be their property?

exmarx posted:

decided to start calling gen x-ers 'young boomers'

gen x has bad opinions, but also not very much money or power because the boomers still have all of that

GhostofJohnMuir fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 15, 2019

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

tbh i think you're doing the most of any of us and should keep it up. it's so incredibly important that it get done and at least you give a poo poo

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

haha, you don't think angry boomers come out and yell at you for planting trees to close to what they imagine to be their property?

Do you have to explain that its going to take decades for those trees to fully mature and they will be worm food long before it blocks their view of some hill or lake?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

Do you have to explain that its going to take decades for those trees to fully mature and they will be worm food long before it blocks their view of some hill or lake?

i usually direct them to whatever pr firm or lawyer is representing the client. if the works for someone who doesn't have that kind of weight on retainer i just use my calmest tone while saying things that sound like they mean something, but have no legal weight

usually it's not even the plants per se they are concerned about, it's usually either the ethnic composition of our work crews or anger to cover the concern that we'll narc on the illegal stuff they're doing on their property. or a couple of times on the clients property

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
they would be happy to know that the federal, state and local agencies are so understaffed and underfunded that they can't even do anything when i do narc on illegal stuff

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
half the time their complaints are about unrelated things that people who are not my client did decades ago. i smile and apologize for these incomprehensible slights they suffered in the late 80's

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1162080929504026624

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's poking fun at that idiot who said the only way to keep your teenage son from becoming a neonazi was to force them to watch john oliver and samantha bee and if they didn't find smug hectoring liberal comedy enjoyable then they need to be sent to a reeducation camp

Oh, right.

Other than that one bad tweet, that thread seemed pretty much right on. It started with a pretty good summary IIRC of how so many boys get caught up in the rabbit hole without excusing them. They were also right about teens naturally resisting their parents, which made the advice so weird. I have no idea what I’d do if I was a parent or teacher confronted with that. From what I’ve heard it involves a bottomless well of patience and understanding and never talking down, but as to what I’d say I have no idea.

And yeah, #resistance comedy kind of sucks even before you kill what fun it does provide by dissecting it, but looking at what passes for conservative entertainment, “smug hectoring” doesn’t seem to be the thing they’re trying to avoid :v:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
RIP to a real one *i hold out an empty 40oz high life and liquid springs from the ground to fill the container*

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

luxury handset posted:

RIP to a real one *i hold out an empty 40oz high life and liquid springs from the ground to fill the container*

Who will I call a warmonger now?:(

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Majorian posted:

Who will I call a warmonger now?:(

Does The Iron Rose still post?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
crushed by the machine press at last

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Disinterested posted:

crushed by the machine press at last

I was once in a play where that happens to someone. I got to play a pirate.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

:vince:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The greatest snub of flyover America since Hillary's campaign

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Soon I'll be the only bad poster left on SA.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

:yeshaha:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

wow this forum is not going to feel the same without volkerball

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i feel as though it sends a strong pro-kurosawa signal though

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao latter shithead

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

When all the dust settles, we will realize how much we will miss him and his great posts.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Volkerball posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/proteus4994/status/1158882363570417665

peep that thunk emoji

https://twitter.com/BodiazRising/status/1158146876090175488

unintelligible garbage for mass murderers doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Volkerball posted:

A curse implies something supernatural, and a fascist dictator staying in power until the day he dies in lieu of being deposed is as natural for fascist governments as military uniforms with way too many ribbons on them. It's in pretty bad taste to try and use democratic fixtures like term limits and in the case of the UK, resignations upon losing the public confidence, to dunk on people who wanted Assad to abdicate and went on to be removed from power democratically, when Assad murdered tens of thousands of his own people who wanted those exact sorts of fixtures for their own government and didn't get them. And those people have suffered and will continue to suffer horrible consequences for failing to achieve reforms that would allow these sorts of transfers of power you take for granted. Fascism winning a round isn't something to be glib about. It's a tragedy, and a black eye for the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRGrNDV2mKc

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i visit the midwest and vb gets a permaban

dark energy indeed

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

coulda really used this whole "permas for making GBS threads up QCS" for a whole slew of people like 3-4 years ago

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i visit the midwest and vb gets a permaban

That means you will become the volkerball during the next full moon. :ohdear:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

what made the wire good over most detective fiction (fine in its own right but fantasy mostly) is the detectives often didn't want cases

they worried getting new cases in

the last thing they wanted was a case coming in they couldnt solve because it'd make their report numbers look bad so you'd see departments arguing please dont give us this unsolved murder

someone killing their spouse or sibling or coworker or owed money to that's cool, but the big unsolved mystery cases no thanks

its always about stats....

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Randler posted:

That means you will become the volkerball during the next full moon. :ohdear:

just the other day i found myself arguing in favor of limited surgical strikes in iran and agreeing that the latest slipknot song is a return to form

oh god it's already happening

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Vb was right more than he was wrong and was one of the only actual working class people in D&D.

When he was wrong he was REALLY wrong

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Vb was right more than he was wrong and was one of the only actual working class people in D&D.

When he was wrong he was REALLY wrong

Being really wrong about things that lead to the deaths of millions of people is pretty significant. One might say it makes the things one is right about less significant.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Majorian posted:

Being really wrong about things that lead to the deaths of millions of people is pretty significant. One might say it makes the things one is right about less significant.

That's about my point yeah

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
vb did nothing wrong

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

vb did nothing wrong

He listened to Limp Bizkit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011