Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Andrast posted:

Yeah pretty much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Chapter's out btw
https://readms.net/r/one_piece/952/6110/1?mobile=1

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
So apparently in Taiwan we only have up to chapter 035 available on https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/ so gently caress us, I guess.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Capone is such a good husband.

Bit of a nothing chapter to be honest though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I can't believe that Chopper finally got to be useful and do something! ...Offscreen!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i wouldn't call kaido and big mom banging nothing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dragonatrix posted:

I can't believe that Chopper finally got to be useful and do something! ...Offscreen!

So much of this arc has been offscreened that it's kind if tiring. I understand that it helps pick up the pace and gives the anime room to add content, but it means you don't get to see resolutions to so many clashes (Stealth Black vs Page-One, Sanji vs Drake, Zoro vs Kyoshiro, etc).

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Would have preferred Chopper getting to do something useful onscreen instead of setting up how they need weapons and “oh what relation does this guy who stole a bunch of weapons have with a guy who is a leader of the revolutionaries?!” But hey, at least Chopper was useful?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

in fairness i don't know how you'd show that on screen. Most medicial stuff is just sort of *waves hands* science stuff, done just off panel over there

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Not really sure what Chopper could have done on screen to cure a disease. Like, mix vials of medicine? They could have given him some psuedo-science gobbledygook to explain how he cured it but in all honestly the life debt a bunch of these guys swore to him seems like the more interesting thing to come out of the chapter, and seems similar to the God Usopp stuff from Dressrosa

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when the chapter drops:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think this may be the first legit dud chapter in this arc, which is still super impressive

They can't all be winners I guess but after a week break it is a bit of a letdown

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I have to admit, I never thought the creepy long-tongue gunman would be the kind of guy I'd see holding a baby up over the side of a ship and be okay with that situation.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I think this may be the first legit dud chapter in this arc, which is still super impressive

They can't all be winners I guess but after a week break it is a bit of a letdown

this is a setup chapter. it wasn't meant to be a blow away chapter

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This chapter had loads of great reaction faces and jokes and if you don’t love One Piece reaction faces and jokes you ain’t poo poo

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That was a fun chapter! Lots of good little jokes. Queen trying to find an excuse to get away from Onigashima was very good. He's so cool.

Illegal Operation
Jul 23, 2005
Error
in this chapter when we see a shot of Kawamatsu from behind at the bridge talking to the sword thief, I am pretty sure Kawamatsu was the figure we saw talking to Crocus at the Twin Cape lighthouse in that cover art

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Gyukimaru is obviously the last samurai and probably has 3500+ weapons sitting in his basement huh?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Need a cooldown chapter after destroying the prisoner mine. Queen is the best character so far. Sanji has so many dinosaurs to fight this arc.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Illegal Operation posted:

in this chapter when we see a shot of Kawamatsu from behind at the bridge talking to the sword thief, I am pretty sure Kawamatsu was the figure we saw talking to Crocus at the Twin Cape lighthouse in that cover art

That’s a great shout! If you’re right, I wonder what the backstory there might be

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Illegal Operation posted:

...except that Kawamatsu has been in prison for 13 years.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao if Toko wanted it she could use her dango to build an army of pure Zoans and animals even stronger than Kaidou's crew

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The new yakuza characters looked cool. :shobon: And the female one *doesn't* have a nami face! :monocle:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

RatHat posted:

So Gyukimaru is obviously the last samurai and probably has 3500+ weapons sitting in his basement huh?

Yup.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Aw yeah, more Zoro action. And the kappa! Whoa what, Luffy and Kidd got locked up again?? OH MAN, TAMA'S CHEEK MOCHI CAN CONTROL PEOPLE! Or at least animal people. I wonder if she could control Kaido...? Aww, Chopper fixed up everybody :3: The Yakuza bosses look pretty cool. And now the jail is an extra secret base!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

CodfishCartographer posted:

OH MAN, TAMA'S CHEEK MOCHI CAN CONTROL PEOPLE! Or at least animal people.

She used it on Speed before, so we already knew it would work on Smile users. The dialogue here did kinda imply it would work on regular Zoans and maybe even Minks though...

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

CodfishCartographer posted:

I wonder if she could control Kaido...?
That would be an amazing way to end the arc.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Spanish Matlock posted:

So apparently in Taiwan we only have up to chapter 035 available on https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/ so gently caress us, I guess.

If you download the Shounen Jump app APK you can use it without a VPN or stuff.

I live in Korea and I'm using both the MangaPlus and Shounen Jump apps after installing them via APKs, and I can even pay and gain access to the vault and poo poo in the Shounen Jump app.

It's like $2 a month.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

RatHat posted:

Nope. That's still definitely Kyoshiro.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

LostRook posted:

Nope. That's still definitely Kyoshiro.

Kyoshiro doesnt seem old enough to be one of Oden's.
Im guessing his plan for revenge is seperate to the red sheaths.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
wow cant wait to get to know all these cool yakuza just like my other favorite characters the underworld kings

quick, name any of them besides morgans or stussy

edit: i read the new chapter 14 minutes ago and have already completely forgotten their names lol

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I feel like I've completely lost track of this arc.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Ryaomon posted:

wow cant wait to get to know all these cool yakuza just like my other favorite characters the underworld kings

quick, name any of them besides morgans or stussy

edit: i read the new chapter 14 minutes ago and have already completely forgotten their names lol

every character doesnt need to be memorable. people wouldnt be able to name all of gallery la or the people in usopps hometown or the lower ranked people in brouge town ect ect ect.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

AkumaHokoru posted:

every character doesnt need to be memorable. people wouldnt be able to name all of gallery la or the people in usopps hometown or the lower ranked people in brouge town ect ect ect.

Peeply Lulu, Tilestone, and Paulie. The Franky Family is much harder since there were more name characters so I only remember the easy ones like the Square Sister Kiwi and Mozu, the King Bulls Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Kairiki Destroyers. I'd need to read the arc again to remember everyone else, but their designs I very much remember along with their backstories, just not the names.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this is the first arc that i feel like i have to watch the anime or i wont be sure whats happening

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

doomrider7 posted:

Peeply Lulu, Tilestone, and Paulie. The Franky Family is much harder since there were more name characters so I only remember the easy ones like the Square Sister Kiwi and Mozu, the King Bulls Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Kairiki Destroyers. I'd need to read the arc again to remember everyone else, but their designs I very much remember along with their backstories, just not the names.

those were just the stars of gallery la there were other people who were background/supporting chars.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

scary ghost dog posted:

this is the first arc that i feel like i have to watch the anime or i wont be sure whats happening

Why will the anime help

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

RatHat posted:

That is entirely what he is based on so i'd say yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

Why will the anime help

Sound and colour can help you keep track of information.