Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
It was the flippant response to a claim that a user received direction to kill himself. Which was blown out of proportion, but certainly wasnt polite.

I'd like to read a thread that actually explains and justifies people's points of view on the subject, but not badly enough to make that thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Same

Edit: last page, not ^^^^^^

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Here's the link to the detainment thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893071

It still gets shitup sometimes, but there's at least something resembling civility in there.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's probably quiet this weekend with all the cops headed to Portland

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Chichevache posted:

Here's the link to the detainment thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893071

It still gets shitup sometimes, but there's at least something resembling civility in there.

Thanks. I tried looking for cops and only found references to cartoons.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hahahaha holy poo poo we're just an evil loving country

https://twitter.com/RobbieGramer/status/1162471030754951168?s=19

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Maybe we can cut off Israel because they apparently don't want congress to visit.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

Maybe we can cut off Israel because they apparently don't want congress to visit.

How does that accomplish the administration's goal of harming people with dark skin?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Shut the gently caress up with copchat already. gently caress you.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

McNally hasn't probed anyone for 24 hours I'm getting worried about him :ohdear:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

Expropriate all church property and build small dwellings for the homeless

The homeless population is less than 20% of the number of vacant housing units in America. People aren't homeless because of a literal lack of houses, they're homeless because of a capitalist system which allows necessities of life to remain unused while people suffer because of insufficient profit.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
It’s my wife’s birthday. I took a day for myself.

This is what I come back to.

Explain to me why I shouldn’t ban every last one of you motherfuckers because I genuinely see no downside to banning every last one of you motherfuckers.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Stultus Maximus posted:

The homeless population is less than 20% of the number of vacant housing units in America. People aren't homeless because of a literal lack of houses, they're homeless because of a capitalist system which allows necessities of life to remain unused while people suffer because of insufficient profit.
Sure, if you're counting homes in the boonies, far from any sort of economic activity. If the homes aren't located where people want to live, they're utterly worthless. Building more multifamily homes, public and private, in places where people actually want to live is a much better solution to the affordability crisis than tossing the housing insecure willy-nilly into peoples' cabins or second mansions in the exurbs.

If racist/classist land use policies explicitly limit the number of homes that can go into an area to one one-hundredth of those that would like to live there, then, yes, a lack of houses is exactly the problem.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

McNally posted:

Explain to me why I shouldn’t ban every last one of you motherfuckers because I genuinely see no downside to banning every last one of you motherfuckers.

gently caress em up battle they said you won't

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McNally posted:

I volunteer as tribute.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I took a minute. I read through the thread and found that maybe what was in the reports may not have been accurate.

Still. Copchat.

Clearly a day isn’t working. So congrats, going forward copchat in the CE thread gets you three days in the isocubes. But for now participants got one day probes coming down the pipes.

Except one of you. One of you earned a bonus. Not gonna say who, that would ruin the surprise.

I came back from my quiet day and I found more reports than I normally get in a week. I assumed you guys had went full pants-on-head mad in here. Turns out it was mostly innocuous with outraged misunderstanding sprinkles on top.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Are you getting me a jon lovitz av

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

Expropriate all church property and build small dwellings for the homeless

This was close to a decade ago, but one of the local churches in my hometown started housing homeless folks in their church building and was fined / eventually shut down by the city because of zoning or somesuch nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, if churches want to go the way of Liberty University and start hosting rallies/politicizing themselves then they should be taxed to hell and back. There are legitimately good religious organizations out there who leverage their tax advantage for good... They are just few and far between :(

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

McNally posted:

I came back from my quiet day and I found more reports than I normally get in a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rE0EakhG8

Feel great.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Oooohhhhh yeaaaaaah

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Sorry that you came back to more bullshit, man.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Sorry that you came back to more bullshit, man.

bootlicker

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
So we’re going to just dance around this topic and pretend it doesn’t exist forever because it makes some people mad right? Seems legit

hot sorcery
Apr 11, 2009

Cugel the Clever posted:

Sure, if you're counting homes in the boonies, far from any sort of economic activity. If the homes aren't located where people want to live, they're utterly worthless. Building more multifamily homes, public and private, in places where people actually want to live is a much better solution to the affordability crisis than tossing the housing insecure willy-nilly into peoples' cabins or second mansions in the exurbs.

If racist/classist land use policies explicitly limit the number of homes that can go into an area to one one-hundredth of those that would like to live there, then, yes, a lack of houses is exactly the problem.
nah this is the case (maybe even more so?) in desirable locations like nyc because apartments are treated as investments for the wealthy rather than homes for people who need them.

and idk maybe it is different here but it is developers who want to change the zonings of land in order to build more apartments, regular people (and especially people in need) know they aren’t going to get them (and many housing fights happen because of upzoning).

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Sure.

Or its empathy, because I lost my first wife suddenly and unexpectedly, and nearly a decade on, it's still difficult.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

bulletsponge13 posted:

Sure.

Or its empathy, because I lost my first wife suddenly and unexpectedly, and nearly a decade on, it's still difficult.

I'm so sorry man.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

gently caress off.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Woof Blitzer posted:

So we’re going to just dance around this topic and pretend it doesn’t exist forever because it makes some people mad right? Seems legit

Of course not, nobody posts forever.

Someone can probably work with McNally (through PMs) to make a very specific thread with specific guidelines of discussion that would eventually closed when the participants veer wildly off topic on page two because there's clearly a lack of willingness to participate in a discussion appropriately. But I think he might even be past permitting that.

It's not like the solution to any problems are supposed to be found by informed consensus on this internet comedy forum.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Woof Blitzer posted:

I imagine that if people could actually discuss these issues without being complete loving assholes, it'd be fine. But we've gone a few years of not doing that, so...

Edit:

What a coincidence.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
yeah I can't imagine why people aren't willing to sit down and find common ground with murderers

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
We have murderers in this forum?

Edit: V We'll find out in a month or so, but he doesn't post anymore. And William Freund obviously isn't either.

Edit2: Took too long finding Freund's name.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 17, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i hurt someones feelings once

edit: martello maybe? but he's not really *in* the forum anymore, what with the whole prison awaiting trial thing

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for the suicide pact thread because we all deserve death for volunteering to support the bloody imperialist war machine

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Proud Christian Mom posted:

yeah I can't imagine why people aren't willing to sit down and find common ground with murderers

Maybe you're in the wrong forum.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Slim Pickens posted:

Can't wait for the suicide pact thread because we all deserve death for volunteering to support the bloody imperialist war machine

I’m digging my grave with my teeth. Goons with spoons has been a thing for a bit.

Speaking of... Beth’s Cafe in Seattle is really good. They got 6 and 12 egg omelets too. Woof.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Proud Christian Mom, we hate to have to break it to you this way, but the subforum name isn't a reference to the Salvation Army at all.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Slim Pickens posted:

See you in TCC, battle buddy.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Not saying I'm a solutions guy but you can't run away from the problem forever.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
It's pop your top off day tomorrow. Might go walk around Denver to support women's rights to pull them bangers out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kawasaki Nun posted:

It's pop your top off day tomorrow. Might go walk around Denver to support women's rights to pull them bangers out

Current events: staring at tits in support of women, apparently