Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Codependent Poster posted:

Here's my thoughts:

Luck is gonna play week 1. But he's going to deal with pain all year. He's not going to rush as much, but he had significantly cut down on that last year since the line protected him and he didn't have to.

He tied his rookie year for most sacks in his career last year.

E: I’m dumb, see below

colachute fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

colachute posted:

He tied his rookie year for most sacks in his career last year.

Andrew Luck was sacked basically once a game last year :confused:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Spoeank posted:

Andrew Luck was sacked basically once a game last year :confused:

Oh drat. I completely ignored last year and looked at the year before he sat out. :doh:

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Android Apocalypse posted:

The question I have is if the federal government legalizes weed while an NFL CBA has it prohibited, will the NFLPA have the strength to get that provision overturned?

I don't believe they do

They will fight it to the death because not doing so will mean the owners can use it as leverage still in the next CBA.

I live in Canada and some cities have already placed de facto bans on it for police officers, even though it is legal. They can smoke but must wait 28 days before they go on shift. I’m sure the NFL will find a way to argue that it impairs players and stays in their system, so it should be banned (but we could talk if 18 games are on the table)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

sean10mm posted:

Go Josh, Go Pats, Hail Satan.

:same:

Also I'm not sure why anyone familiar with Fitzmagic's body of work would question that play. He probably has #YOLODGAF tattooed on his dick. Like 15 years ago he said to himself "I'm just gonna let this ride for a few games til the good times end" and somehow in TYOOL 2019 he might be the starting QB for the Dolphins over a recent first round pick. Giving zero fucks has gotten him this far, why change now?

edit: ALSO also, Luck is dead, and the mods FO knew. The reason they kept approximately $420,690,000 in cap room is to blow it all next year building a stud team around Tua. This is my well thought out conspiracy theory that I definitely didn't just make up right now.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 17, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Docjowles posted:

:same:

Also I'm not sure why anyone familiar with Fitzmagic's body of work would question that play. He probably has #YOLODGAF tattooed on his dick. Like 15 years ago he said to himself "I'm just gonna let this ride for a few games til the good times end" and somehow in TYOOL 2019 he might be the starting QB for the Dolphins over a recent first round pick. Giving zero fucks has gotten him this far, why change now?

edit: ALSO also, Luck is dead, and the mods FO knew. The reason they kept approximately $420,690,000 in cap room is to blow it all next year building a stud team around Tua. This is my well thought out conspiracy theory that I definitely didn't just make up right now.

Confirmed. I was at the hospital the other day and Steven Nurse told me he saw Luck's body in the morgue.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

Confirmed. I was at the hospital the other day and Steven Nurse told me he saw Luck's body in the morgue.

What was up with Luck's hyoid though???

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Unless the Saints make it to the Super Bowl, go Pats hail Satan chaos reigns

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

What was up with Luck's hyoid though???

Pummeled into dust and Irsay snorted it before the doc could glue it together. Got it straight from Steven Mortician's mouth.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Chichevache posted:

Pummeled into dust and Irsay snorted it before the doc could glue it together. Got it straight from Steven MorticianChris Morticiansen's mouth.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
yo football sucks

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Kalli posted:

Fitzpatrick is probably the dumbest player in the league

https://twitter.com/GrindingTheTape/status/1162544111150403585

Trucking some tiny DB rules, sorry.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1162506833262608384

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/DucksSon/status/1162393277758353412

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I can see River saying gently caress it and wanting to go to another team if this Chargers team underperforms.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chromatic posted:

I can see River saying gently caress it and wanting to go to another team if this Chargers team underperforms.

At 38 do you really think Rivers is going to want to uproot 9 kids to move anywhere

He's a Charger or he retires

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

At 38 do you really think Rivers is going to want to uproot 9 kids to move anywhere

If his missus is out of commission for a training camp + season. Probably.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Mother fucker

That's like 3 months

https://lermagazine.com/news/in-the-moment-sports-medicine/bad-breaks-fifth-met-fractures-can-curtail-nfl-careers

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a neat cape posted:

Doesn't he still commute to games from San Diego lol

Why spend the time pulling your kids out of La Jolla Country Day or whatever

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Have you people really never worked a slave wage job to know that the legality of drugs is irrelevant, you are beholden to whatever byzantine rule set the oligarchy wants to use to destroy your agency? Bro there aint no constitutional amendment that says though shall have the right to bear dank nugz.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Uncle Josh is back.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1162728297249333253

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hell yeah

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I wanted him to be QB coach in Cleveland but I'll take announcer

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

With a paycheck like his do you think he'd uproot anything except his work week? Dude could just fly wherever he wanted and it'd be almost as fast as commuting from SD (lol)

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

*spends summer with family*
I would like to come back now please

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

*spends summer with family*
I would like to come back now please

Being fair he's in his 40's and his kids are in college. His daughter is older than Darnold

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Josh should be in the HoF just for being in the league so long as a journeyman qb.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If there was a HoF for backup quarterbacks, there'd be two wings- lifers like McCown, Pat Ryan, Chase McDaniel. And the "almost got em" Charlie Whitehurst Guys Got Paid Wing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GD_American posted:

If there was a HoF for backup quarterbacks, there'd be two wings- lifers like McCown, Pat Ryan, Chase McDaniel. And the "almost got em" Charlie Whitehurst Guys Got Paid Wing.

Oh, you mean the Plunkett Wing.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/jordanraanan/status/1162559140289556480?s=21

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Eli is gonna play like poo poo and get benched by week 6. Daniel Jones is gonna have a good year and lead them to the playoffs. He will get hurt and then Eli will go Playoff Mode Eli(tm) and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl and win SBMVP, and nobody will know what the gently caress to do next year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

colachute posted:

Eli is gonna play like poo poo and get benched by week 6. Daniel Jones is gonna have a good year and lead them to the playoffs. He will get hurt and then Eli will go Playoff Mode Eli(tm) and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl and win SBMVP, and nobody will know what the gently caress to do next year.

the old Wentz/Foles conundrum

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol every time I see this I think about somebody saying “how you just gonna stand there like you’re getting a software update”

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

gently caress yes.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ehud posted:

lol every time I see this I think about somebody saying “how you just gonna stand there like you’re getting a software update”

;)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

colachute posted:

The ultimate dream scenario. Watching Brady retire on a losing note (to the same guy for a third time!) would be incredible.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eli is the perfect quarterback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Android Apocalypse posted:

The ultimate dream scenario. Watching Brady retire on a losing note (to the same guy for a third time!) would be incredible.

brady won't retire but peyton might unretire in desperation