Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*exiting a drag show* idk felt pretty 1 dimensional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Pomp posted:

*exiting a drag show* idk felt pretty 1 dimensional

nothing 1-dimensional about this page snipe

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Its supposed to be dumb, so perhaps by not liking it you're a coward?

If so, hello fellow coward.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Okay so I'm hooked, this game is rad. Is Wukong prime any good? I bought the starter pack and discord Nitro for Saryn now I'm eyeballing the primes that are currently available since the packs come with a ton of platinum.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was ready to put jojo down a couple episodes into season 1 because of how dull everyone was, but by the time the story of the pillar men got into full swing in season 2, I was entirely on board with it.

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Okay so I'm hooked, this game is rad. Is Wukong prime any good? I bought the starter pack and discord Nitro for Saryn now I'm eyeballing the primes that are currently available since the packs come with a ton of platinum.

Wukong prime is extremely good and one of my favorite frames as of late. His cloudwalker allows for insanely fast level traversal, the clone is hilarious with an aoe launcher, and his staff does crazy damage. He doesn't have much diverse build variety, but is straightforward and offers some decent upgrading opportunities for a new player as they invest in umbral / primed mods.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
JoJo is Very Bad until Zeppeli shows up at which point it becomes Very Good. It becomes Excellent once you hit second gen and ditch the boring as gently caress first Jo.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 18, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Really wishing there was a better way to get Rivens then the Sortie.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Anora posted:

Really wishing there was a better way to get Rivens then the Sortie.

Trade your blood for Kuva and buy dirt cheap unrolled ones for non-meta, but fun weapons.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Avynte posted:

Trade your blood for Kuva and buy dirt cheap unrolled ones for non-meta, but fun weapons.

I used to buy veiled rivens in bulk just so I could do the challenges (and occasionally get something good) but I ran out of riven slots :(

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Avulsion posted:

I used to buy veiled rivens in bulk just so I could do the challenges (and occasionally get something good) but I ran out of riven slots :(

Transmute some of them.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The Glast Gambit is going to bankrupt me. :(

But I got a new rifle for logging in 100 times! :peanut:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

prefect posted:

get some goon aide

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Mikemo Tyson posted:

I bought the middle wukong pack shortly after starting and it really (I think) enhanced my enjoyment of the game. Depends on where you are financially and how much time you have to grind.

No need to whale, because you can grind him fairly easy, but it's nice to have access to him and his weapons at low MRs in addition to the plat.

Edit: wukong normal is available in the dojo so you can give him a test drive first and decide if you wanna just wait for a coupon and buy plat outright.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 18, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Avulsion posted:

Saddest high five. I was greatly heartened to hear that upping the riven cap is on their agenda

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
JoJo and Warframe get linked a lot by fans because they're both very gleeful about their dedication to rolling with whatever the gently caress they want. I also concur that Part 1 is decent to me but very typical shonen fare, and poo poo doesn't get really great until episode 10 of Part 2. If you're still not geling with it then, no harm done dude, you don't have to like it. As said, the main thing that draws people in for connections with Warframe is that both things love being over the top and doing poo poo because it's cool, not because there needs to be a deeper reason (but they will try to give it a reason anyway, even if that just is "look, this baddie made a weird thing happen"). They also both get very dedicated about their aesthetics and sense of style.

Meanwhile I should finally build my Wukong properly so I can enjoy clone shenanigans properly. I already love Duality, so I'll love this too.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

prefect posted:

ask and ill bust out my Khora for you.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
jojo is great, warframe is great, the more jojo in warframe the better imho

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

for the stage of glast gambit where you have to win by <10 score, the ai is programmed to protect you if you are carrying points, so just grab 5 coins, turn them in, grab one more and hold it while killing enemies at your own goal until the time runs out. it's seriously easy

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Honestly I'd say save plat for inventory since you can get primes out of relic pretty easily if you work at it

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I assume they mean buying Prime Access and getting a pile of plat alongside the frame.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I’m so close to Zenith. I can feel the power. :getin:

Also I got the Sacrifice somachords today and there’s still a bunch I need to farm on Uranus. :negative:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

This was really weird to see, someone with nearly 10x less kills got the majority damage. They were a Nekros, the other two were both Equinox Prime.

Also cute to imagine a couple playing WF together :3:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Also managed to get the Boar Prime and Dark Split sword. Man I wish Potatoes were easier to get, cause I feel like a bunch of the weapons I don't like would be good with more mod slots.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

TheMostFrench posted:

This was really weird to see, someone with nearly 10x less kills got the majority damage. They were a Nekros, the other two were both Equinox Prime.
I sometimes end up like that when im playing most of the mission just hanging back with forma'd gear, nobody else brought absurd overkill stuff, and at the end i shoot a few guys with rubico smeeta-crit heatshots for 500k each (or, in the open worlds, a few dropships). Basically no actually useful kills, but stupidly meaningless damage "stats". The fact that he got 45 melee kills, 15 of which were headshots probably means it was a CO bullet dance redeemer or something.

I once ran into a pre-rework wukong that ended up with 5 kills, 98% damage on a 10 minute T5 bounty of me killing 500 grineer or something. Sometimes the math is just weird or straight up busted (like when you end up with >100% accuracy).

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 18, 2019

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

RoadCrewWorker posted:

like when you end up with >100% accuracy

:science:Multishot:science:Punchthrough:science:

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 18, 2019

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ndub posted:

for the stage of glast gambit where you have to win by <10 score, the ai is programmed to protect you if you are carrying points, so just grab 5 coins, turn them in, grab one more and hold it while killing enemies at your own goal until the time runs out. it's seriously easy

This last time, I was all set to win 7-3, but they snuck past me at the last minute and I wound up 7-29. :saddowns:

Also, I'm a little offended that I'm doing these Index matches to help Glast out, and in the very next mission I ran, he sent a giant pile of robot chickens to try to kill me. :doom:

prefect fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 18, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Whats the deal with these zealot asses

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Synthbuttrange posted:

Easy way to farm some bonus Nightwave credit (+50 per pair). Prior to the last cutscene they'd show up sometimes and help you out, now they're out for blood

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I hope that this synergy Gauss and Grendel are supposed to have is that Grendel's fat rear end is big enough that Gauss can use it as a wall for his 1 slam.

Or that Gauss can slam into his Meatball and blast his rear end through the map like a game of Grineer Bowling.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Flytrap posted:

I hope that this synergy Gauss and Grendel are supposed to have is that Grendel's fat rear end is big enough that Gauss can use it as a wall for his 1 slam.

Or that Gauss can slam into his Meatball and blast his rear end through the map like a game of Grineer Bowling.

"In Warframe, YOU get to play the billiard balls" would own

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Cross character combo skills in Warframe like from Marvel Ultimate Alliance would be insane in this game but also sadly promote more of the meta worship for higher tier content. Ember and Frost together blowing up a room could be interesting at least. But augments are about all we have.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

The zealots just show up randomly. They can even show up in the open world, or spawn one pair like less than a minute after you dispatch another.

I like them better than their counterparts in Nightwave season 1, the Saturn Six fugitives, since you don't have to waste time waiting on the capture animation for three guys, but 50 standing per pair feels like so little it might as well be nothing.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

necrobobsledder posted:

Cross character combo skills in Warframe like from Marvel Ultimate Alliance would be insane in this game but also sadly promote more of the meta worship for higher tier content. Ember and Frost together blowing up a room could be interesting at least. But augments are about all we have.

It was originally GONNA be a thing reeeally early on in development. I think Excal and Mag *might* still have a combo in Magnetize/Radial Javelin?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I Am Just a Box posted:

The zealots just show up randomly. They can even show up in the open world, or spawn one pair like less than a minute after you dispatch another.

I like them better than their counterparts in Nightwave season 1, the Saturn Six fugitives, since you don't have to waste time waiting on the capture animation for three guys, but 50 standing per pair feels like so little it might as well be nothing.

I've yet to even see them invade, but I haven't been on much in the last couple days.

The same thing happened to me during Saturn Six though. I never saw invaders until a week or two past now and then I start3d seeing them all the time. 50 is nothing now but if spawns continue to increase that will mean 150 standing every mission or three. maybe more if they can repeatedly trigger.

E: vvv oh thats real bad, way worse vvv

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 18, 2019

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

FunkyFjord posted:

The same thing happened to me during Saturn Six though. I never saw invaders until a week or two past now and then I start3d seeing them all the time. 50 is nothing now but if spawns continue to increase that will mean 150 standing every mission or three. maybe more if they can repeatedly trigger.

150 standing "every mission or three" is assuming three invasions "every mission or three," or an invasion every mission minimum. A full two-zealot invasion is 50 standing, compared to a full three-fugitive invasion, which was 150.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Synthbuttrange posted:

They drank the bleach, but the Qbaby someone held up at a trump rally didn't save them

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hey my nightwave isn't giving me more recovered missions but im almost certain i've got more, im only up to rank 15

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
you might have to log out and back in to make it reach back, I know I'm staring down that week 1 gild challenge that I'm never going to do (unless they release more gilded poo poo)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Raptor1033 posted:

you might have to log out and back in to make it reach back, I know I'm staring down that week 1 gild challenge that I'm never going to do (unless they release more gilded poo poo)

you certainly haven't built all permutations of kitguns or zaws :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raptor1033 posted:

(unless they release more gilded poo poo)

*Monkey pawn curls as modular Lunaro equipment appears*