Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

not a bot posted:

But Bernie has no endearing qualities :confused:

This is it, this is the worst post in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

does Marianne ever become likable? I'm on chapter six, seen around 10-12 supports, and she's like if you took all the endearing qualities away from Bernie. Debbie Downer on a hundred thousand trillion

also I'll never like Seteth because he's with the Church and even though I'm fighting Ultimo Emperor Edelgard this run it's just to protect as many of my wonderful students as I can, I still hate him and Rhea. and Catherine for that matter. Flayn is aiight

Marianne is a lot better post timeskip when she opens up a bit and you find out all the hosed up reasons she's the way she is.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
There's a couple characters I won't kill on any route just because their backstory is tragic enough that it feels mean to murder them after all that.

Lysithea, Dorothea, Bernadetta, Raphael, Marianne, Ashe and Petra are all on my 'must poach' list. Everyone else I can mostly live with them dying on other routes.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm impressed by the way that Marianne manages to communicate "I have made huge amounts of progress as a person and am no longer on the verge of self-destruction" through her hair alone.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cant believe Mercedes cuts her hair. Absolutely hosed up.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I wouldn't mind a game mode that made stat growths non-random like in FE Warriors. In Warriors it was predetermined what stats each character would gain on a level.

Actually I have a better idea: have the game roll all of the stat growths when the game starts. The growths will be re-rolled for each character until the totals at an end-game level have reached a certain threshold. This will make the development of your character unique to the game while still having some expectation that they aren't underpowered by the time they reach the end game.

This could be made an option like difficulty level and permadeath.

It seems like a shame that random chance can ruin your ability to use a character, especially if its Byleth or the lord. I guess that is part of the experience for many people, but this game in particular is one where I valued using my students above all else and I was fortunate enough to have good enough growths all around.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Cant believe Mercedes cuts her hair. Absolutely hosed up.

It's a much better look tbh.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Inverness posted:

Actually I have a better idea: have the game roll all of the stat growths when the game starts.

Fates did this

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm glad to hear Marianne turns it around. I always select the most gentle responses cause I want her to open up a bit but it seems like that stuff is locked behind the skip

Eimi posted:

If I have to kill my wife no one gets a happy ending. :argh:

our wife

not a bot posted:

But Bernie has no endearing qualities :confused:

please do not tropl us Bernie Bros thanks,

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm impressed by the way that Marianne manages to communicate "I have made huge amounts of progress as a person and am no longer on the verge of self-destruction" through her hair alone.

dimitri looks so much hotter post-timeskip (like seriously, i don't think anyone liked him until we all saw him at E3 2019), but holy gently caress if the eyepatch and the grizzlied hair don't get across how badly he's been consumed by his demons after five years

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I liked Dimitri.

Though I liked him more when I saw he gets an eyepatch

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Heroes has a system where level 40 stats are fixed but the route there is randomish

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

dimitri looks so much hotter post-timeskip (like seriously, i don't think anyone liked him until we all saw him at E3 2019), but holy gently caress if the eyepatch and the grizzlied hair don't get across how badly he's been consumed by his demons after five years

This is me, I relentlessly mocked the lions until the E3 trailer when I instantly decided to pick them first

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Is there any reason not to just spread Pegasus dung on your plants every time when you’ve unlocked it?

If, say, just pruning for 500 gives three wheat predicted cultivation, would using 2k Pegasus be just throwing away 1500, or are there plants that you can only get with Pegasus or anything like that?

Basically how do I garden at the start of ng+ with Max prof level but relatively low budget.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

your budget should increase pretty drastically after the first month with getting to do three auxiliary battles and the church 5k

e: but as for an answer your actual question, I don't know

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

cheetah7071 posted:

This is me, I relentlessly mocked the lions until the E3 trailer when I instantly decided to pick them first

i'll admit, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM really tested my resolve to go with claude first

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I like Claude a lot an I'm glad they gave you the option to spare him in the BEE route. him and Lysithia are sharing every meal and doing choir practice every other week because he'll scheme her out of this jam

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

indigi posted:

I like Claude a lot an I'm glad they gave you the option to spare him in the BEE route.

wait what

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Use Byleth or Edel to land last hit and you get the option. Doesn’t do much, but is nice..

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Shinji117 posted:

Use Byleth or E to land last hit.

Does he like...join you??????????/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shinji117 posted:

Use Byleth or E to land last hit.

ooh, I didn't realize it was that limited. glad I lucked out

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

no he fucks off to Almyria

e to add: it's definitely worth doing, there's a really cute and heartwarming scene as a reward

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

No, he leaves. But it feels good and in-story probably makes things easier on Edel given how Claude turns over authority to her if spared, not that that comes up. .

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

indigi posted:

no he fucks off to Almyria

e to add: it's definitely worth doing, there's a really cute and heartwarming scene as a reward

Okay whew

If you kill him with someone else, you don't get a prompt but it's insinuated that he probably lived

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Is it better for Caspar to go Warrior or Grappler for his Advanced class?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Claude is almost deathproof lol. In the BL campaign he just hands you the kingdom, says "welp we all agreed to rejoin the kingdom" then he disappears

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I rushed a really underleveled Lorenz at Claude to get him one shot after hearing their dialogue, but Lorenz actually refuses to be killed and gets 5 health back. I thought that was pretty neat.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

hopeandjoy posted:

Is it better for Caspar to go Warrior or Grappler for his Advanced class?

Grappler mastery gives Tomebreaker which sucks, Warrior has "If foe initiates combat while unit’s HP is ≤ 50%, grants Crit +50" which rules

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Claude is almost deathproof lol. In the BL campaign he just hands you the kingdom, says "welp we all agreed to rejoin the kingdom" then he disappears

He's a smart man.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
He's the most sane house leader by far, which means despite him having the best route I need to support the mentally damaged house leaders instead.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just got a dark seal for Hubert. Should make him a dark mage now or just wait and make him a dark bishop? I just finished the mission where you save Flayn. I don't remember, am I gonna get another chance at fighting the Death Knight again? I'm doing BE Edelgard Route.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just got a dark seal for Hubert. Should make him a dark mage now or just wait and make him a dark bishop? I just finished the mission where you save Flayn. I don't remember, am I gonna get another chance at fighting the Death Knight again? I'm doing BE Edelgard Route.

BE you get three shots at a Dark Seal. Make him a mage (Fiendish Blow too good to pass up), then once you get to level 20 switch to Dark Mage then immediately to Dark Bishop because the DB skill also rules

also you need to be a DarkMage to unlock DarkBishop, so you NEED two seals to get Bishop. You can get the second seal at the uhhhhhhh village map with Tomas

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Claude is fantastic. I was expecting to like him but I wasn't expecting to like him this much. Golden Deer is canon, by the way.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
No lie, people hawing about how Claude's a master tactician just because he has a plan for when he loses was a bit of a stretch.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

No lie, people hawing about how Claude's a master tactician just because he has a plan for when he loses was a bit of a stretch.

I think that's sort of in line with people in the BE route saying "oh Dimitri? he's crazy" but you only see two lines of dialogue from him in the whole route, one of which is getting mad at Dedue for sacrificing their own soldiers, so he's obviously not that unhinged. If anything, he seems even less unhinged than in the actual Blue Lions route

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

BE you get three shots at a Dark Seal. Make him a mage (Fiendish Blow too good to pass up), then once you get to level 20 switch to Dark Mage then immediately to Dark Bishop because the DB skill also rules

also you need to be a DarkMage to unlock DarkBishop, so you NEED two seals to get Bishop. You can get the second seal at the uhhhhhhh village map with Tomas

Awesome, thanks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Turns out there's a reason why they try to not give you Kill Commander as an objective

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Awesome, thanks.

Do the exam for Dark Mage as soon as you can after going into Mage, even though you don’t need to actually use the class. You can't do two certifications at once, so if you don’t unlock Dark Mage until 20, you might delay your Dark Bishop certification.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think that's sort of in line with people in the BE route saying "oh Dimitri? he's crazy" but you only see two lines of dialogue from him in the whole route, one of which is getting mad at Dedue for sacrificing their own soldiers, so he's obviously not that unhinged. If anything, he seems even less unhinged than in the actual Blue Lions route

There's a contingent of people who played the edelgard route and think they've got everything figured out from just that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I assume everyone does this, right? Too many items and too many characters to cross-check these things!!

https://twitter.com/vecchitto/status/1162750313922584576?s=19