Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Hentai Jihadist posted:

twoday please post your great secret history theory itt

you never know whats gonna blow this case wide open

and all the pieces matter

Quoting to second, holy hell your Caananite post grabbed me by the Epstein lobe so hard I snapped my hyoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i heard from someone who would definitely know that the romans were probably also lying about the extent to which they destroyed carthage, including the salting the earth bit, because archeological evidence has found that people remained and farmed in the area even after rome supposedly made it uninhabitable

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Ancient history is 40% razzmatazz.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Hell yeah let's get Graham Hancock up in here

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

smarxist posted:

nah that'd be less razzmatazz than current events

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JeremyMonjo/status/1162810275067596801?s=20

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Taintrunner posted:

the official story being he killed himself via MMA moves is actually pretty funny tbh
Wait, what? I haven't even given it attention. Are they saying he killed himself by putting himself into a rear naked choke or what?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frankenfreak posted:

Wait, what? I haven't even given it attention. Are they saying he killed himself by putting himself into a rear naked choke or what?

like he had to do some weird knee stretch to get the blankets to strangle himself

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Regulus74 posted:

Were you referring to whoever made Göbekli Tepe?

No! I guarantee that nobody will ever just guess it, it took me years of research to figure this out. Im not really sure how much I can share without doxxing myself since I want to write a book about this in the future perhaps

Jose posted:

twoday please make a gbs history thread for all this stuff they're usuyally v popular

GBS isn't ready for this poo poo and I'm not ready for them, and I refuse to leave my c-spam lair where the vibe is nice, and I'd rather chat with 3 people on the same wavelength than 50 quippy assholes who have no idea what I'm talking about.

Regulus74 posted:

(I agree that this would be a great topic for a thread btw)

I could just hijack the c-spam history thread, where they mostly talk about modern stuff. However, I think that ancient history is really a totally different topic than modern history, and I personally believe that it is worthy of its own discussion and would suffer if it's interspersed with random posts about the Russian Uprising of 1905 or whatever.

And since this is c-spam you can just make whatever threads you want, and nobody will really complain that it overlaps slightly with another thread that already exists somewhere on page 3, so gently caress it I will make a thread about ancient history now and post the link here in a sec

twoday
May 4, 2005

smarxist posted:

Sir,

twoday
May 4, 2005

Al! posted:

i heard from someone who would definitely know that the romans were probably also lying about the extent to which they destroyed carthage, including the salting the earth bit, because archeological evidence has found that people remained and farmed in the area even after rome supposedly made it uninhabitable

yeah, they just absorbed it into their empire and built another city there, but it's easy to unsalt the earth when you have 50k slaves too so who knows

save it for the next thread, which I am now going to write the OP for in a sec

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

ooh this my poo poo
all the brains crack and ping like this

few times guards skipped their checks
so a neck's not just gonna break like that
and where is ghislaine maxwell
where is ghislaine maxwell

barr and dyncorp, leslie wexner
dershowitz, alex acosta
van went to the medical examiner, but maybe there's more than one?!
so take a flight on the lolita express
to new mexico with an egg shaped penis
every conspiracy is real, a billionaire pedo sex cabal

let me hear you say, the clintons murdered epstein, E-P-S-T-E-I-N!
the clintons murdered epstein, E-P-S-T-E-I-N!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

mycomancy posted:

Quoting to second, holy hell your Caananite post grabbed me by the Epstein lobe so hard I snapped my hyoid.

it was nice that someone smart read all that info and then distilled it into an easily accessible and funner format that a dumbo like me could read :waycool:

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
same, looking forward to the new thread

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Al! posted:

i can't believe the romans would lie and mythologise about their past like that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al! posted:

they literally built new carthage right where the old one was because they ruined the harbor at the nearby city of utica by over farming in the hills above the city causing silt to clog up the river and the site of carthage had the best natural port.
salting the earth makes little sense in the context of salt being expensive, the romans having killed, enslaved and shipped away any carthaginian that could ever benefit from things growing there, and the dearth of arable land in north africa. if it occurred it was likely ceremonial and not an actual practical program of desertification. given that the site became the second largest city in the western med and a major grain exporter by the first century it seems like any salting did nothing.
modern scholars feel that salting was added to the story in the 19th century as earlier sources only describe carthage being plowed over. romans often used the image of the plow to describe conquest and the ceremonial marching of captives under a makeshift ox yoke formed from soldiers spears was meant to symbolize the captive becoming a beast of burden to work the plow for roman masters (sub iugum = under the yoke = subjugate)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

what's more interesting is what this article leaves out

it mentions epstein hogged the legal room for 12 hours a day, but omitted the detail that he was alone with a young woman for at least 2 hours in that room in what seemed like a conjugal sex visit

it mentions epstein had a fractured hyoid, but does not mention that epstein had other neck bones fractured

it mentioned epstein looked disheveled but omitted that his legal team before he died said he was in high spirits

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

smarxist posted:

I like the bit that tries to make it sound like he was in the belly of a slave ship with standing water, feces, and vermin everywhere.
also lmao @ hyping up how understaffed and under-resourced and incompetent the facility was for guarding and preventing the "suicide" of THE MOST HIGH PROFILE PRISONER IN US HISTORY and thats just how dumb our public sector works am i rite guys???

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

comedyblissoption posted:

what's more interesting is what this article leaves out

it mentions epstein hogged the legal room for 12 hours a day, but omitted the detail that he was alone with a young woman for at least 2 hours in that room in what seemed like a conjugal sex visit

it mentions epstein had a fractured hyoid, but does not mention that epstein had other neck bones fractured

it mentioned epstein looked disheveled but omitted that his legal team before he died said he was in high spirits

business insider is not a great publication

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

every mainstream publication sucks rear end

i've yet to see a single publication question the circumstances that led to epstein having the tools to allegedly kill himself in a facility that has resources to prevent giving people tools to kill themselves right after an alleged suicide attempt

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

paper sheets cant crack hyoid bones

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
obi-wan voice:] those hyoid fracture points... too accurate for hitpeople

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

every mainstream publication sucks rear end

i've yet to see a single publication question the circumstances that led to epstein having the tools to allegedly kill himself in a facility that has resources to prevent giving people tools to kill themselves right after an alleged suicide attempt

The explanation I hear for this part is that he had been taken off suicide watch again and I guess that means he regained access to the noose and toaster bathtub room or whatever

E which is in itself suspicious, etc.

twoday
May 4, 2005

GOD IS BED posted:

same, looking forward to the new thread

here u go

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896504

ANCIENT HISTORY THREAD HERE, GET YOUR ANCIENT HISTORY THREAD

stop posting about the sea peoples here and leave these poor epstein-brained souls in peace

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So like do we have any idea what happened?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

CODChimera posted:

Probably murdered, if I had to guess it was the CIA but it could have been any other member of the conspiracy as well

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jkbjournalist/status/1162907499118432256?s=19

:thunk:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

CODChimera posted:

Officially, despite using his lawyers to be out of his cell 12 hours a day including some private time with a girl of indeterminate age, being imprisoned was just too much for Epstein to bear, so he used MacGuyver skills and superhuman strength to kill himself at the exact time the guards were slacking off and falsifying their schedules.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

Probably murdered, if I had to guess it was the CIA but it could have been any other member of the conspiracy as well

CIA at the behest of the conspirators or simply the CIA bc that’s what they do. the media manipulation campaign has all the markings of the CIA as they have such a total lockdown on the MSM

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

sleeptalker posted:

Officially, despite using his lawyers to be out of his cell 12 hours a day including some private time with a girl of indeterminate age, being imprisoned was just too much for Epstein to bear, so he used MacGuyver skills and superhuman strength to kill himself at the exact time the guards were slacking off and falsifying their schedules.

apparently Epstein had a convenient window from which he could see the sleeping guards

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

jesus christ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rated PG-34 posted:

CIA at the behest of the conspirators or simply the CIA bc that’s what they do. the media manipulation campaign has all the markings of the CIA as they have such a total lockdown on the MSM

every journo on earth mentioning bland in their article on the death is some powerful epstein brain stuff like they all got the same memo from somewhere..,

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Al! posted:

The area around Carthage was very fertile and was rebuilt pretty quickly. Was an important part of the Roman Empire.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

every journo on earth mentioning bland in their article on the death is some powerful epstein brain stuff like they all got the same memo from somewhere..,

Yes. "Like"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXqSTOUwMPg

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

paper sheets cant crack hyoid bones

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

While one of the guards was having a bout of diarrhea, Epstein used a ketchup bottle as fake blood and laid down on the floor pretending to be dead. When the guard returned, he ran in and Epstein quickly got up and knocked him out so he could escape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He also managed to withstand Hillary’s torture sequence so he’ll get the good ending where Ghislaine Maxwell lives.