Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Is there any MP pvp game that’s tried being smart enough to sense when a team is spawn trapped and just soft reset the match by nuking everyone without penalty to score?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

scrim maps are jav endless burnout cliffs

I don't think there's any other great maps outside of that. retribution before they made it a full ring was my favorite

edit: have they clarified what the armor 1.0 stats will be in shadowkeep? will it be tier 3 for all six stats?

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 17, 2019

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Is there any MP pvp game that’s tried being smart enough to sense when a team is spawn trapped and just soft reset the match by nuking everyone without penalty to score?

no but this would be a godsend to so many games lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah but if you remove them all you're only left with a few maps and the repetition is bad enough already. Not gonna complain about the likes of Midtown and Equinox getting scrapped but still.

Vostok, midtown, and gamblers ruin can all be removed from the game with absolutely zero negative impact

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

They should absolutely remove that one fuckass map that makes you basically lose the match if you get spawned at the A cap point.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

no but this would be a godsend to so many games lmao

Okay just copyrighted it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"getting spawn trapped" is seen as an unavoidable random occurrence in the low Elo brackets, but it's a very intentional aspect of the game, same as popping a shutdown super, or using a grenade to deny an area, or winning a 1v1

This proposed idea is not only abusable (allow spawn trap when you're losing to avoid a loss penalty) but mostly misses the point of what map control is.

Probably would be well received in the veggie tier tho

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

Equinox is definitely the one that killers have the easiest time manipulating spawns in, in my experience. It's also the only place I've gotten a Ghost In The Night medal, so it's a tradeoff for me.

Equinox is a gold medal factory. It's a stupid rear end map though

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Okay just copyrighted it

cool give me co credit on the patent when u sell it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's currently like 24 or 25 Destiny 2 PVP maps, off the top of my head:

poo poo and should be removed:
Vostok
Eternity
Midtown
Equinox
Firebase Echo
Citadel
Solitude

Good:
Retribution
Burnout
Javelin
Endless Farm
Dead Cliffs
Meltdown

Should be brought back: Firebase Delphi, Twilight gap, Asylum, Sector 618

The ones that should be removed are always boring, lovely affairs that encourage way too much camping and lameness. The games better when its faster.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was with you until you didn't list Rusted Lands as a map that should be brought back. Epic fail, sir.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

Midtown

My only problem with mid town is the dumbass heavy spawn being in the middle of wide open lane. Moving it into the interior somewhere would fix it

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Black Shield needs to be added, and this time make the doors even more annoying as gently caress

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

I was with you until you didn't list Rusted Lands as a map that should be brought back. Epic fail, sir.

Rusted Lands is overrated and should be the last of the "good" maps they bring back.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

My only problem with mid town is the dumbass heavy spawn being in the middle of wide open lane. Moving it into the interior somewhere would fix it

It plays like trash every game. It was trash in trials, it is trash now. Trash I tells ya TRASH

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Black Shield needs to be added, and this time make the doors even more annoying as gently caress

Press square to activate :getin:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Rusted Lands is overrated and should be the last of the "good" maps they bring back.

Uncultured swine!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Should be brought back: Sector 618

The other guy who loved that map was under my nose this entire time?! *hard, sensual ki :hfive:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just watched a ten minute video of Sector 618 and I'd swear I never once saw that map. Looks cool though.

Also a painful moment in the footage where the player just barely missed a platform jump but couldn't clamber, heeheeee

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I just watched a ten minute video of Sector 618 and I'd swear I never once saw that map. Looks cool though.

Also a painful moment in the footage where the player just barely missed a platform jump but couldn't clamber, heeheeee

PS4 exclusive map for rise of iron iirc

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Legions Gulch is also poo poo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

PS4 exclusive map for rise of iron iirc

But all PS4 exclusives are poo poo! It's facts.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Crusted Glands

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"getting spawn trapped" is seen as an unavoidable random occurrence in the low Elo brackets, but it's a very intentional aspect of the game, same as popping a shutdown super, or using a grenade to deny an area, or winning a 1v1

This proposed idea is not only abusable (allow spawn trap when you're losing to avoid a loss penalty) but mostly misses the point of what map control is.

Probably would be well received in the veggie tier tho

Yeah totally.

anyway have they added rift back in?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
God I wish. I'd rebuy destiny 2 right this moment if it added Rift

That was a funnnnn mode whether you were winning, losing, or got Spawn Trapped which is apparently a different thing

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Bungie please add Cathedral of Dusk, so I can again spend 30 minutes running before I finally reach an objective point, tia

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

God I wish. I'd rebuy destiny 2 right this moment if it added Rift

That was a funnnnn mode whether you were winning, losing, or got Spawn Trapped which is apparently a different thing

well actually

*fart noises*

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rift is bad fun. Like you hate it when poo poo goes to hell but when you got a stomp squad and got bros working together it's a lot of fun.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rusted Lands was bad and not good. The REAL good destiny 1 earth map was frontier.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

Rusted Lands was bad and not good. The REAL good destiny 1 earth map was frontier.

Everyone remember where you were when Emron made his first Bad Post

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I would harass travel lanes and be a bitch as my bae way of living but the beauty of Rift is that it accepted all types of roles as viable options, from bullying spawn or lanes, fighting on the spark, running, defending, pushing forward, staying back... and because I could stop and smoke weed then go hard every other minute and not mess up anything was my favorite. No other game type is so friendly to 420 lone wolves who want to contribute in their own rude ways while giving no darns about wins or losses.

I miss you every day, Rift. Your tits were so big and beautiful and you being gone is like a unicorn being murdered. There was once magic in this place but now there is none, because them big milkies gone bye-bye. I'm mad and I want revenge for your death. Wait for me in Hell.

:rip:

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 18, 2019

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Is that coming back? Ofc it is.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Back in my day, Crucible was the tits and Rift was rear end

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

The other guy who loved that map was under my nose this entire time?! *hard, sensual ki :hfive:

Game recognise game.

Sector always has a place in my heart because I got a real nice clip of shutting down 3 supers in 3 shots with a thousand yard stare and it was made for using tlw.

Extremely fun map for those stupid games where you end up with like 40 kills but still a 2.0kd.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Emron posted:

What in the gently caress

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Extremely fun map for those stupid games where you end up with like 40 kills but still a 2.0kd.

I have a not at all impressive but very fun Sector 618 match saved that was 32 kills with Khvostov and a Thesan vooper. Such good times.

Remember Thesan FR4, y'all?

When do we suicide pact?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

What in the gently caress

[12 people sniping through single door]

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

There's currently like 24 or 25 Destiny 2 PVP maps, off the top of my head:

Vostok
Eternity
Midtown
Equinox
Firebase Echo
Citadel
Solitude

Good:
Retribution
Burnout
Javelin
Endless Farm
Dead Cliffs
Meltdown

Should be brought back: Firebase Delphi, Twilight gap, Asylum, Sector 618

The ones that should be removed are always boring, lovely affairs that encourage way too much camping and lameness. The games better when its faster.

Needs more anomaly and rusted. Maybe even some exodus blue

And burning shrine. gently caress burn out. Gimme the sun

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I like Altar of Flame

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

cvnvcnv posted:

I never really liked Twilight Gap.

Is that coming back? Ofc it is.

Twilight Gap was only good when tripmines were sticky.
Fling that poo poo in the general direction of the outside heavy spawn at the start of the match