Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

genericnick posted:

Isn't Arcade basically this?

Arcade is way more exploitative in its models but it's also far harder to access, comparatively speaking. It's hard to say what's the "optimal" balance to getting us to part with our money but I doubt arcade machine-based gacha is it. It severely restricts by physical location and takes more dedication as a result. Meanwhile, there's a ton of smartphones and tablets out there and if the game is optimized/not especially performance-intensive, you're casting a pretty wide net.

Arcade feels more like a bonus/fanservice project, designed to give hardcore fans something new to invest in. It doesn't exactly have a lot of appeal beyond Fate. Gameplay is unique to it so it won't attract people by gameplay alone the way, say, the Granblue fighting game would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

unless you like and want ilya there's no reason to chase an ssr that will have a better welfares equivalent in about a month

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Roll for Prillya so she can hang out with Chloe, the same way you'd roll for Okita so she can hang out with Nobu.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
speaking as someone with a NP3 Ilya, wait for the welfare unless you know you will get/want NP3 Ilya

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Crasical posted:

Roll for Prillya so she can hang out with Chloe, the same way you'd roll for Okita so she can hang out with Nobu.

...that makes sense. Darn it, now I have to roll for Okita.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Debuff resist up or whatever it is Chloe gives Ilya is not worth pairing them up.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It’s buff chance up so Ruby’s syringe cocktail doesn’t fail. Not sure why kissing affects this. Strange lore

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't think any of the ilyas so far really pair with chloe but that's kinda the problem with them all being differently styled ST DPS servants versus the general 1 DPS story and challenge content/multi DPS aoe farming thing

so, arts support ilya when

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

dogsicle posted:

i don't think any of the ilyas so far really pair with chloe but that's kinda the problem with them all being differently styled ST DPS servants versus the general 1 DPS story and challenge content/multi DPS aoe farming thing

so, arts support ilya when

Miyu is an Arts support Servant, though she's pretty bad.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

dogsicle posted:

unless you like and want ilya there's no reason to chase an ssr that will have a better welfares equivalent in about a month

Which welfare is this? Do you mean Mecha Eli-Chan?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

Which welfare is this? Do you mean Mecha Eli-Chan?

yeah, she'll hit comparably to ilya on NP while also being a good rider/caster killer

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

can't believe she's not an assassin killer

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Space Flower posted:

It’s buff chance up so Ruby’s syringe cocktail doesn’t fail. Not sure why kissing affects this. Strange lore

Because Ruby is a pervert old man at heart. And a massive rear end in a top hat.
Didn't the Wizard Marshall stick her and Sapphire way deep in a closet? Like, half-way to Narnia deep? The only reason they are still around is that sentient mystic codes based on the Kaleidoscope are too useful to destroy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Omobono posted:

Because Ruby is a pervert old man at heart. And a massive rear end in a top hat.
Didn't the Wizard Marshall stick her and Sapphire way deep in a closet? Like, half-way to Narnia deep? The only reason they are still around is that sentient mystic codes based on the Kaleidoscope are too useful to destroy.

Nah. Ruby might be annoying but Sapphire is hella chill. I just don’t think Zelretch really needs them much himself. He farms them out to his disciples readily enough.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Factor_VIII posted:

Miyu is an Arts support Servant, though she's pretty bad.

i was thinking of it more from the angle of an ilya meant to support chloe, with rng stuff that chloe could then enable.

but yeah i forget miyu has genetic buff rate up and she can sorta support either DPS ilya

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Sapphire may be more chill but she's still a massive perv

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I did enough rolling this event for ONE OK NOBU* that I ended up with Summer Nero and Nito by accident, because I guess the game decided I need every Nero even though I've never wanted one. Nero's perfectly alright, but the last thing I need is another ☆☆☆☆☆ caster. Nito is surprisingly fun, her kit doesn't quite work entirely, but having her in the back row means she can serve as a lesser Mash replacement or just another roll on the death slots to go with other death NPs. (She's also never leaving her Stage 1 Ascension sprite.) It's funny to get summer Nobu just as I got original Nobu up to level 100, though...

In any case, it at least makes up for all I lost chasing Holmes and Ishtar, only walking away with a Catalanta. I just got a AoE archer up to level 100, FGO!... but gacha is what it is.

* about 220 rolls, free only

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Crasical posted:

Bogart posted:

Debuff resist up or whatever it is Chloe gives Ilya is not worth pairing them up.

My suggestion had nothing to do with gameplay.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
yes, police?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Illya is cool and good and I want to get Sitonai once she comes out in english.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
a jack skin but she's wearing marie's outfit (sfw link, generally sfw tumblr, but there's 900 pages and i'm not gonna check em all for you if you're at work)

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Omobono posted:

In Hollow Ataraxia only Ruby existed. She hated her creator and Rin had her stashed away in a magic chest and avoided using her because of Ruby's love of publicly humiliating its user. Ruby in HA functioned by transferring knowledge to the user from a more powerful version of themselves from a parallel world in addition to providing them with infinite mana.

In Prisma Illya both Ruby and Sapphire existed and they were given to Rin and Luvia by Zelretch in order to collect all the class cards found in Fuyuki. Both of them were pretty dedicated to their job since they abandoned Rin and Luvia when the two of them fought instead of trying to do what they were supposed to. Ruby loved teasing her user while Sapphire was pretty serious, but they both honestly cared for their users. The memory transfer aspect was dropped in this version and they worked by turning the user's fantasy into reality.

The Ruby from Hollow Ataraxia was stashed away by Rin and was much less useful since she was practically uncontrollable and only cared about humiliating its user. She reminds me of a cursed intelligent magic item from D&D. The Ruby and Sapphire from Prisma Illya were in use and they actually cared for their users and for achieving their mission, so they were pretty useful items.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I still say Jack in top hat and three piece suit with a monocle is the platonic ideal

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I still say Jack in top hat and three piece suit with a monocle is the platonic ideal

This would 100% get me to roll on her as soon as her banner came up.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Illya is cool and good and I want to get Sitonai once she comes out in english.

Ilya is the only magical girl of the three who can fly, because she's too dumb to know it's impossible. There's something vaguely inspiring there. Meanwhile poor Miyu is relegated to double-jumping because she's a nerd who understands how physics work. There's a lesson there too: never read books, kids.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

illya's not a brainlet, she knows why it shouldn't work and just rejects it for the impossible, like a protag should. also,

>not posting Imasine

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

tv broadcast version

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Now if only anything good about Prisma Illya wasn't buried under mountains of creepy fanservice featuring prepubescent girls...

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Vengarr posted:

Nah. Ruby might be annoying but Sapphire is hella chill. I just don’t think Zelretch really needs them much himself. He farms them out to his disciples readily enough.
In FHA Ruby was sealed in the box because Zel hated it and vice versa.

Sapphire is chill but she's also the bigger pervert when it comes to fashion.

E: Note to self remember to reload before replying.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

When thick-as-bricks Emiya Shirou instinctively recognizes you're bad news, you're definitely bad loving news.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Now if only anything good about Prisma Illya wasn't buried under mountains of creepy fanservice featuring prepubescent girls...

That actually pisses me off the most about Prisma.

Chloe is basically the F/SN parts of Illya's personality gouged out and tossed in a hole to rot, and that's an interesting concept! But then they went 'hey what if we made her molest everyone in her line of sight'.

Someone take Prisma's writer behind the shed, please.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

When thick-as-bricks Emiya Shirou instinctively recognizes you're bad news, you're definitely bad loving news.

I've only heard about F/HA, and the fact it is restricted makes me sad. Give me my PC English release, fools.

I know it ain't happening, but still tho...

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Wasn't there an English fan translation of HA?

BisbyWorl posted:

That actually pisses me off the most about Prisma.

Chloe is basically the F/SN parts of Illya's personality gouged out and tossed in a hole to rot, and that's an interesting concept! But then they went 'hey what if we made her molest everyone in her line of sight'.

Someone take Prisma's writer behind the shed, please.

Kinda agree here. Chloe's deal is that she is at least Servant-adjacent in needing a lot of mana to keep existing, so her options are to vamp it up or succubus it up.
So of course it's played for laugh. :Prilya:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

J.A.B.C. posted:

I've only heard about F/HA, and the fact it is restricted makes me sad. Give me my PC English release, fools.

I know it ain't happening, but still tho...

I've read it recently, look around it's there

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Ledgy posted:

I've read it recently, look around it's there

The fan translation finished ages ago, then on top of that we got a voice patch from the Vita version made like a year back.

Look around on Beast's Lair, the patches are there.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Fate/hollow ataraxia might be my favorite T-M story, it's definitely worth looking into if you liked FSN (and do be sure to get the Voice patch version).

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

BisbyWorl posted:

I'd say that Prisma Illya is the more innocent aspect of FSN Illya while Chloe is the more ruthless and mature aspect of her. FSN Illya didn't run around kissing people, but she was pretty aggressive towards Shirou, even going as far as to gently caress him after turning him into her slave in a scene that got removed at the last minute from FSN. Overall I'd say that Chloe is tamer than Illya's cruel side though; Illya acted like a sadistic psychopath who used magic to make Shirou remain conscious no matter how injured he got in order to prolong his torture and ordered Berseker to violate Saber after defeating her, while Chloe tried to kill Illya early on without trying to torture her.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Summer Okita's battle lines are very powerful.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
https://twitter.com/FGO0TM/status/1163774279390941184
Okita has a rare animation that's her losing control of her jet boosters and just slamming her face into the floor.

Clawtopsy posted:

yes, police?

:shrug: Lemme put that another way: I would roll for Cleopatra because I wanted to reunite her and Caesar.
Same principle is involved for Chloe and Prillya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

God dammit, I've almost emptied the Part 1 shop (just missing 2 stacks of gold statues) and still haven't gotten the fifth CE as a drop.