Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MikeJF posted:

I'm betting she is actually making fire but she can't see it and somewhere a part of the court is now burning.
That was my take. They can't see their stuff working but right now the tree is on fire, parley is really far away, and cvet is 12 feet in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

pik_d posted:

Seems like things that are natural to the individual are somehow blocked, while learned/new things are somehow OK.
Hmmm interesting. Could it be their powers / ether "bodies" have been swapped around somehow? Like they're in a Ayilu-type illusion?

Parley and Jimmy can still do compass magic because they're switched. But "Parley" (Jimmy) can't bip.
Renard and the Annies got swapped so they still have their link, but the "Annies" can't use fire.
Cvet is... someone who can't fly.

Huge stretch, and doesn't explain the big guys / directional confusion, but hey, I never have any clue where this comic's going so whatever.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Fecha posted:

Hmmm interesting. Could it be their powers / ether "bodies" have been swapped around somehow? Like they're in a Ayilu-type illusion?

Parley and Jimmy can still do compass magic because they're switched. But "Parley" (Jimmy) can't bip.
Renard and the Annies got swapped so they still have their link, but the "Annies" can't use fire.
Cvet is... someone who can't fly.

Huge stretch, and doesn't explain the big guys / directional confusion, but hey, I never have any clue where this comic's going so whatever.

This sounds like a Jojos episode.

So I'm betting your right.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

IUG posted:

Until the giant made a hand into another being, I assumed they became like toys or something.

• Rey looks like he's half toy with his stitches showing.
  • Cvet can't fly (I'm just picturing that commercial for Buzz Lightyear's "NOT A FLYING TOY").
  • Annie's flames don't work, much like a kid's toy wouldn't be able to do that.
  • They all appear to be tiny compared to something human looking, looking for them in the background. Like a kid who lost its toy.

I assumed this was just Loup loving with them, making them his literal playthings.

Rey is a toy 100%

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
The thing that's really weird to me is that Cvet's flight being cancelled doesn't really fit with the rest. Unless there's some hidden magical component to it, it shouldn't be cancelled by an anti-magic field or whatever like the rest of them, she still physically has wings and the muscles to use them!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

PubicMice posted:

The thing that's really weird to me is that Cvet's flight being cancelled doesn't really fit with the rest. Unless there's some hidden magical component to it, it shouldn't be cancelled by an anti-magic field or whatever like the rest of them, she still physically has wings and the muscles to use them!

Unless the limit is not on magic abilities, but on what would allow someone to pull the curtain, so to speak. Everyone is being led down a certain path by someone or something, and they don't want someone to mess with the script.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I hope being alone with Eglamore give Annie some opportunity to work out some poo poo with him and/or tell him he's kind of a shitter.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Ah, yes, the Carvers, always good at sharing their emotional weight with their friends and not bottling it up until it explodes, sometimes literally.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

PubicMice posted:

Given that Cvet is built like a tank and probably doesn't have hollow bones, magic is involved if the in-universe physics is anything like ours.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

PubicMice posted:

Those wings aren't nearly large enough to support Cvet non-magically given her musculature.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2188

Eglamore's last line delivered from 300 feet away, suspended upside down from a stalactite

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Who's editing this mess? Continuity errors all over the place.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Imagine how silly Eglamore would've looked if he were wrong. :colbert:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Darth TNT posted:

Imagine how silly Eglamore would've looked if he were wrong. :colbert:

The wards work he would be fine.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

There Bias Two posted:

Those wings aren't nearly large enough to support Cvet non-magically given her musculature.

Xand_Man posted:

Given that Cvet is built like a tank and probably doesn't have hollow bones, magic is involved if the in-universe physics is anything like ours.

Checkmate, atheists. :colbert:

PubicMice fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 16, 2019

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah that makes sense

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I was actually referring to having to jump back to Anni to tell her he was wrong about being unable to jump away.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

ow my neck

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Samuringa posted:

owl my neck

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

A+ "sick of your poo poo, Eggles" face.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm confused about what's happening in the last two panels. Is he trying to jump and then gets teleported back or something?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yes, that's exactly what's happening. Same thing when Cvet tried to fly away. She took off, then... was right where she started.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Oh I see, I forgot that happened with Cvet too

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Kat is standing to one side :munch:ing at them all bumping into walls and stuff having given up on trying to talk to them a half hour ago.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Splicer posted:

Kat is standing to one side :munch:ing at them all bumping into walls and stuff having given up on trying to talk to them a half hour ago.

She notices a bug and steps on it and everyone looks around in a daze. We never get to figure out what the heck was going on in this chapter

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames

Samuringa posted:

ow my neck

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This is a very clear hint to what everyone has been saying. Different sizes and different viewpoints/illusions.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Everything will be fine if they can just find Rick Moranis

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
OK, so it's clearly the work of an enemy Stand. But, as always...

...where is the user???

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
"No, Parley, you are the monsters."

And then she was a monster.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

"No, Parley, you are the monsters."

And then she was a monster.
Suddenly, glowing writing appears on the creature she's wrestling. In clear block lettering, it reads "STUDENT DEBT", revealing that they've been trapped in a bad political comic.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I wonder who she's fighting.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Nettle Soup posted:

I wonder who she's fighting.

Gonna guess Smitty. He has presumably come along but isn't in touch with Annie/Reynard so we can't see his perspective.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tenebrais posted:

Gonna guess Smitty. He has presumably come along but isn't in touch with Annie/Reynard so we can't see his perspective.

Could Smitty hold his own against Parley though? She's always been taller/stronger and after her training with Eglamore is in an entirely different league.

I also don't see Smitty as the type to try to attack a golem head on

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Jones, maybe?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Pretty sure Jones would just suplex Parley, given her previous history in styling on Eglamore Jimmy Jims with a sword.

And also The Stone.

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
parley's strong but idk if shes strong enough to grapple somebody who can kill a charging bison by standing directly in its path

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Oh right, it started attacking Parley first, yeah definitely not Jones. I was thinking Jones would be smart enough to just go "eh fine I know Parley sees me as a weird monster, may as well just hold her off until she realizes what's going on."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Going back a few pages the creature seems to be mimicking a lot of the other characters positions, which could be a misdirection or coincidence, but maybe it's some sorta mimic and it's mimicking Parley so she's sorta fighting herself right now. Heck the first frame could just be two more mimics mimicking that fight and there aren't sizing shenanigans going on, but I sorta doubt that.

Most likely it's all illusionary and Parley is fighting essentially nothing.