Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

this version is much better since drake is cancelled for being a child groomer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

This is a far superior version, but you don't have to take my word for it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

This is a far superior version, but you don't have to take my word for it.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

I completely endorse Geordi LaForge instead of Drake.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I skimmed r/historymemes:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HeartyGorgeousAmurminnow-mobile.mp4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

I understand nothing about this, but somehow it's the most amusing thing I've seen in the past two days. The original video is funny too but no less confusing.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Never imagined I'd see a meme from Almost Human.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this meme vastly oversimplifies the evolutionary and reproductive function of capsaicin! plants benefit from having their seeds spread over a wide area. fruiting plants take advantage of mobile animals to move their seeds; the most effective strategy is to have a desirable fruit with indigestible seeds, so that the animals eat the whole thing and then poop the seeds out intact somewhere else. you want to ensure that the seeds are not consumed by animals that seek them out specifically and tend to chew them up (e.g. rodents) and that they aren't somehow inactivated by the animal's digestive system. rodents and small mammals react the same way that we do to capsaicin, and with the chemical concentrated in the seeds, the plant ensures that its seeds are not destroyed by rodents. birds, however, don't seem to notice capsaicin, and do not have molars to grind up the seeds whole -- so they swallow them whole, fly away, and poop them out in a nitrogen-rich fertilized pile some distance away. with short digestive tracts and no way to stop themselves from pooping, birds don't tend to digest the seeds in the first place. finally, in the case that a larger animal manages to eat the pepper whole without being deterred by the capsaicin, the chemical's effect on the digestive system ensures that the seeds are redistributed before they have a chance to be seriously broken down. in the end the pepper absolutely wants to get eaten -- just on its own terms.

i hope this has been educational

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 23:26 on Aug 19, 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sagebrush posted:

:words: about spices

It was educational.

I learned you are a huge loving nerd.:smugbert:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Sagebrush posted:

this meme vastly oversimplifies the evolutionary and reproductive function of capsaicin! plants benefit from having their seeds spread over a wide area. fruiting plants take advantage of mobile animals to move their seeds; the most effective strategy is to have a desirable fruit with indigestible seeds, so that the animals eat the whole thing and then poop the seeds out intact somewhere else. you want to ensure that the seeds are not consumed by animals that seek them out specifically and tend to chew them up (e.g. rodents) and that they aren't somehow inactivated by the animal's digestive system. rodents and small mammals react the same way that we do to capsaicin, and with the chemical concentrated in the seeds, the plant ensures that its seeds are not destroyed by rodents. birds, however, don't seem to notice capsaicin, and do not have molars to grind up the seeds whole -- so they swallow them whole, fly away, and poop them out in a nitrogen-rich fertilized pile some distance away. with short digestive tracts and no way to stop themselves from pooping, birds don't tend to digest the seeds in the first place. finally, in the case that a larger animal manages to eat the pepper whole without being deterred by the capsaicin, the chemical's effect on the digestive system ensures that the seeds are redistributed before they have a chance to be seriously broken down. in the end the pepper absolutely wants to get eaten -- just on its own terms.

i liked it

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Sagebrush posted:

I appreciate the biology lesson, you big dork :glomp:

https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1162041509618675714

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I just quoted you on my family's cooperative games discord server, you goof.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
How do ya do that, Rog?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

I like your true and correct and helpful educational post. Thank you friend

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CPColin posted:

How do ya do that, Rog?

:eyepop:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
How much penis is enough penis?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Sharks generally aren't hostile to humans as long as there aren't buckets of chump floating around them, so not a bad meme

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

Is there such a thing as enough penis?

For a friend I mean I'm asking for a friend.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Paladinus posted:

It varys from person to person.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

drat, never seen a foot wide cookie

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

It varys from person to person.

:smaug:

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Flavius Aetass posted:

drat, never seen a foot wide cookie

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

MizPiz posted:

Sharks generally aren't hostile to humans as long as there aren't buckets of chump floating around them, so not a bad meme

That's my secret, I'm always chump.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Paladinus posted:

There is never enough

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfgN-EzthJM

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

MizPiz posted:

buckets of chump

I told you the name of my Puddle of Mudd cover band in confidence

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNXFzbXCgeA&t=115s

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

MizPiz posted:

Fair enough.

You get out first.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

MizPiz posted:

Anytime chummmmmmp.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I've seen this one frequently and it always bugs me that they don't include what they think is a correct cookie, because all of those look pretty drat edible. Dickhole cookie included.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

bike tory posted:

I've seen this one frequently and it always bugs me that they don't include what they think is a correct cookie, because all of those look pretty drat edible. Dickhole cookie included.

Turn off you monitor :wink:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

bike tory posted:

I could see that the too much flour or baking soda ones might not be the greatest, but too much sugar? Too much butter? No such thing in a cookie, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

MizPiz posted:

You can fit into a bucket?