Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

PathAsc posted:

So it's only useful for a handful of weapons.

I'm all about gimmicks, but this seems like one that isn't going to be great

it generates full heavy for your entire team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
At the cost of that person not being able to super for a while.

I could see this being useless, and I could also see someone running an anti-trash super choosing to refresh everyone's heavy when it's boss dps time because otherwise it just goes to waste. We'll have to see it in a lot of situations to see if it's worthwhile (and also see what the other possible effects and costs are).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Seems like a way to convert super to Heavy. There are plenty of encounters that benefit from Heavy but not super (and vice versa) so I bet it'll be good in some situations and bad in others. Like most stuff in this game!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

They're showing off new stuff at Gamescom. I didn't catch the stream though

New Mode called Nightmare Hunt
Difficulty settings coming back, new modifiers

https://twitter.com/SayNoToRage/status/1163485308417167361

https://twitter.com/SayNoToRage/status/1163485522360262658

https://twitter.com/SayNoToRage/status/1163486066105573377

All this stuff looks great for pve, the mode the players play

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Exotic for bottom tree solar titan
Sun Warrior lasts twice as long and allies get the Sun Warrior buff when they pass through your sunspot

https://twitter.com/SayNoToRage/status/1163524308590895104

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Fourth Time’s a Charm will functionally add 2 bullets per magazine in best case circumstances on a Hand Canon so congrats on getting a second Appended Magazine perk option that’s also conditional?

Also as someone who uses a Duke a lot in PVE, I don’t know what situation you’d be shooting at something and getting 4 crits back to back. Shooting anything shielded won’t proc it. Quickly one shotting more than 3 red bar enemies is pretty uncommon considering your allies will be getting kills too. Maybe shooting at a major servitor or hydra might get you a few more shots if you don’t get any fliers hitting a body shot. In any case, you would probably just be reloading after taking a few shots anyway.

Seems worse than outlaw/rapid hit in pretty much every situation.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Season of the Undying cinematic trailer. Vex themed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8mC5GaDoyQ

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
hey you know what that looks

kinda

familiar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1XOgzPGKU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So is the stranger gonna have time to explain anything this time?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Precursor trailer, descendant trailer

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

General Battuta posted:

hey what do the vex smell like

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The sea!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

cool

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kadath posted:

Fourth Time’s a Charm will functionally add 2 bullets per magazine in best case circumstances on a Hand Canon so congrats on getting a second Appended Magazine perk option that’s also conditional?

Also as someone who uses a Duke a lot in PVE, I don’t know what situation you’d be shooting at something and getting 4 crits back to back. Shooting anything shielded won’t proc it. Quickly one shotting more than 3 red bar enemies is pretty uncommon considering your allies will be getting kills too. Maybe shooting at a major servitor or hydra might get you a few more shots if you don’t get any fliers hitting a body shot. In any case, you would probably just be reloading after taking a few shots anyway.

Seems worse than outlaw/rapid hit in pretty much every situation.

Base mag is 8, can add 2 with mag perk and then add 2 with a backup mag. That’s 12 to start and then you get the bonus shots from 12 PLUS your bonus shots. I had the old warden that would work like this.

It’s not designed for the same use as a rampage gun. It’s for firing forever into a big fat crit spot with your primary.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

Season of the Undying cinematic trailer. Vex themed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8mC5GaDoyQ

Oh my gosh, that's so many Vex! Too many!

*two Reservoir Burst shots with a super in between*

Wait, why is this a problem?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

cvnvcnv posted:

Oh my gosh, that's so many Vex! Too many!

*two Reservoir Burst shots with a super in between*

Wait, why is this a problem?

didn't calus say that the vex we've fought up to now were just scouts/accountants or something

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hiddenriverninja posted:

didn't calus say that the vex we've fought up to now were just scouts/accountants or something

The ones that didn't pass the QC check.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yeah, that's always been the deal. Minotaurs' primary function is construction and excavation, etc. A pure combat vex unit is supposed to be like nigh unstoppable.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yeah, even back in D1 there were statements to that effect. The grimoire cards for the Taken Vex all restate that their first function is construction and that protecting what they're building is secondary.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

General Battuta posted:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

Yeah, that's always been the deal. Minotaurs' primary function is construction and excavation, etc. A pure combat vex unit is supposed to be like nigh unstoppable.

I ain't worried. We've murdered an ahamkara and a worm god now which are also "unstoppable."

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just throw an abacus on the ground and the vex will bow to your will as you threaten their great^10 grandpa

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

I ain't worried. We've murdered an ahamkara and a worm god now which are also "unstoppable."

True but guardians were murdering Ahamkara all the time back in the good ol days, and they walked both ways uphill in the snow to do so.

Also I think xol is supposed to be the weakest worm god but still a total let down

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I have an idea on how to stop the vex

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

those exotic solar titan legs will be a good way to give a damage buff to the whole team, especially if it stacks with wol (they mentioned some exotics would still stack with it)

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

xzzy posted:

I feel like Toland, who would know about these things, confirmed that whatever we killed on Mars wasn't Xol, or maybe he was just saying that to taunt us, but I trust Toland when it comes to the current state of Hive gods

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
https://twitter.com/kiavahr/status/1162848362959269888?s=20

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

this is why new light players will have his separate baby-safe enviroment

I also have a 0 glory game recorded. but would be disingenous to show it, I am terrible at pvp at the moment

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Look at all that glistening vex cum

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

ElNarez posted:

I feel like Toland, who would know about these things, confirmed that whatever we killed on Mars wasn't Xol, or maybe he was just saying that to taunt us, but I trust Toland when it comes to the current state of Hive gods

They really should retcon that Xol thing. A worm god should be a raid boss or a campaign finale or something, not one of those wacky waving tube guys at the car wash.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They sorta did. Xol let himself die so that he could be turned into a gun that would be found on a different planet and any kill with the gun would be paying him tribute or some whatever.

Basically he said "actually i'm NOT owned" from beyond the grave but he pretty much is, especially since whisper got nerfed

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

That worm is peachy, fam.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

*concentrating the collective psychic power of the entire world to forget everything about Curse of Osiris* “Boy I cant wait to check out all this new vex lore, I bet bungie remembers how to write them like in D1

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/m8puNHq.gifv

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
https://i.imgur.com/a1IBF2g.gifv

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

ElNarez posted:

My understanding was that killing Xol on Mars was like killing Oryx in TTK campaign. His physical body is dead, but he still exists in his throne world.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
xol is whisper

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Finkle is einhorn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee