Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Is there an indexer good for music with registration currently open? Or are they all much of a muchness due to issues with indexing music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
So I lost the ability to use Tabula Rusa and all I can think of is that their free accounts are limited to 10 downloads per LIFETIME, right? I figured it reset at some point but I've been locked out for days now.

Also is there a indexer that is known specifically for 4K Remux? NZB.SU is actually very solid in that area, while Tabula Rusa is worse but they have some results that still work after long periods of time that no longer are available on NZB.SU.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I have a show in Sonarr that's 720p, but I switched it so that I wanted 1080p. All the 1080p files in a manual search though say "Existing file meets cutoff: HDTV-1080p" but the files is WEBDL-720p.

The profile I'm using for 1080p only has HDTV, WEBDL, and Blueray 1080p checked off, with HDTV being the cutoff point. I do see that in the list of quality types, WEBDL-720p is higher than HDTV-1080p, but I can't drag these things to rearrange them. I'm pretty sure the little symbol for sliding is supposed to be there, but it's not. Is that why it isn't working? Any ideas why no slider? I'm on version 2.0.0.5.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

KingKapalone posted:

I do see that in the list of quality types, WEBDL-720p is higher than HDTV-1080p, but I can't drag these things to rearrange them. I'm pretty sure the little symbol for sliding is supposed to be there, but it's not. Is that why it isn't working? Any ideas why no slider?

That's your problem... and it took me a while to remember how, but if you turn on advance settings in the profiles, the rearranging grabbers appear.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Heners_UK posted:

That's your problem... and it took me a while to remember how, but if you turn on advance settings in the profiles, the rearranging grabbers appear.

Oh that's easy, thanks fixed.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Does anyone understand the specifics of compressed 4K video?

I usually just get the remux because it's always the best (except Dolby Vision? At least personally I haven't gotten it to work on Remux files) but I've noticed that the trend is definitely moving towards compressing 4K video to more like 40-50gigs.

So my question is, how much does this affect the video/audio? Does HDR work fine when compressed? I assume it does I just don't know what to think about a 40GB 4K blu ray vs an 80GB version. For all I know compression does hardly any damage and it's 99.0% the same as the larger file.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Nothing will ever equal a remux, since that’s the straight video and audio from a blu-Ray muxed into an mkv container.

Dolby Vision doesn’t mux well (I think it can mux into an mp4 container, but there are issues combining Dolby Vision and some forms of audio into an mp4), but HDR muxes just fine.

Encoding a remux to H265 can save some space, but sacrifices visual quality to do so. If neither space or bandwidth are a concern, there’s no reason to mess with anything but remuxes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's definitely gotten better, I know back in the early days it was generally a good idea to avoid any further compressed 4K stuff but what I've seen since hasn't had issues. There was a 4K HDR copy of Captain Marvel that was under 5gb in size from a reputable encoder, and while I didn't have chance to A/B it with the original I deemed it worth enough to keep it as an archive version.

I quite like these ~20gb web versions that are coming out as well. I'll happily watch one of those if a remux isn't forthcoming/impatience. Speed isn't an issue for me, so if when I decide to sit down there's a 80gb copy available, I'll always grab that for a first watch. I think I have all but about 3 of the Marvel stuff in 4K and it takes up about 200gb in total, and all seemed decent enough.

I'm seeing a lot of remux'd files that are around the 40-50gb mark anyway though, often becase techniques have improved since the first generation of the format so they're able to bring filesizes down without an real issues. The Matrix, which is a decent length movie with lots of effects, sits around 55gb. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is just over 40gb.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Thanks guys, that does clarify and I'll continue to grab the biggest versions I can find and won't worry too much about the smaller rips unless it's necessary.

To use your example of the Matrix, what is the difference between the 80GB version you can get vs. the remux at 55GB? I guess I'm still unclear on what exactly is going on there. You would think that if a remux is by definition a full bitrate version of the movie in a different container, it would be hard or impossible to get the file size down that much, but clearly I'm missing something.

Unless maybe the container itself uses less space at an equivalent bitrate?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m guessing the bigger ones include multiple high bitrate audio tracks and I grabbed one that probably just has a single English one. Unfortunately I don’t have my log for which one I grabbed so I can’t look up the exact specs on my phone.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Taima posted:

Thanks guys, that does clarify and I'll continue to grab the biggest versions I can find and won't worry too much about the smaller rips unless it's necessary.

To use your example of the Matrix, what is the difference between the 80GB version you can get vs. the remux at 55GB? I guess I'm still unclear on what exactly is going on there. You would think that if a remux is by definition a full bitrate version of the movie in a different container, it would be hard or impossible to get the file size down that much, but clearly I'm missing something.

Unless maybe the container itself uses less space at an equivalent bitrate?

A remux is as big as things can get. The only way to produce a larger video would actually be to reencode a remux (or whatever) with an arbitrarily high constant bitrate, but the resulting file would be worse quality and also larger than the remux.

bobfather fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 14, 2019

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I was actually just thinking about this. I looked up a remux movie in radarr and found files ranging from 38 to 85 gigs. When I clicked through to the indexers, it looked like all the results tied to the same (or similar) 38 gig mkv file. Would high quality audio files take it up that much?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm trying to look up a few versions of the Matrix as that's one I have locally so can do a info scan on, but I'm unable to find an NFO for the one that sits about 10gb higher in filesize than the others. I'm guessing the difference is probably down to amount of parity files, and maybe an audio track or two. Looking through a few files, top level audio eats up about 4gb of space per film, so if someone uses a non-US source it might offer 3 or 4 DTS-HD soundtracks and they could easily leave them all selected. Or different publishers use the same scan of a film, but do their own encodes.

I have found sometimes that entries on usenet eat up 2x the amount of space, due to uploading the fileset twice by mistake. Rare, but it happens.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Is newsgroup ninja down for anyone else? I'm trying even different servers but I always get connection timed out. Weird thing is that it worked fine until now.

Edit: Fixed it, it was due to my VPN.

Billa fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 18, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Upgraded Sonarr to the v3 beta, and already glad I did so just because you can now do an en mass Show/Season selection in the Manual Import. Lord, doing it individually on the old version was probably my biggest bugbear. I like the new UI as a whole, but gonna take a bit to get used to the show view I think.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Upgraded Sonarr to the v3 beta, and already glad I did so just because you can now do an en mass Show/Season selection in the Manual Import. Lord, doing it individually on the old version was probably my biggest bugbear. I like the new UI as a whole, but gonna take a bit to get used to the show view I think.

Is there a linuxserver.io container for it?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wouldn’t have a clue sorry I run all my stuff on macOS.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Is there a linuxserver.io container for it?

Yes, Select the 'preview' tag.

Release Profiles is probably the best prominent improvement over v2 for media selection. Being able to tag keywords and assign them relative values is great to find and download 5.1 audio over 2.0 or x265 over x264.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
I've been a heavy Sab user for years now but just this week finalized my unraid setup with Sab, Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr, Plex, NZBHydra, Ombi and Tautulli. Holy crap it's like the promised land.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Just out of curiosity, what are you searching for?

I use a Sab account along with an almost free block server backup and I get 98% of what I want, even if it's been years since it was posted (although I usually only want 4k Remux).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is Lidarr worthwhile? Music and Usenet has always seemed a bit of a mess. I tend to look whats new on a good tracker, then see if it's uploaded yet, otherwise there's just too many releases to keep track of.

So far I'm not wowed by Omni, but hopefully with a bit more configuring I'll like it. One show I added never made it to Sonarr so I need to work out why, and it's a shame I can't seem to find just a basic list of each users requests. I think setting up some kind of notification system will go a long way with it being useful too (mainly if it'll tell me too, as sometimes I look at Plex and have to unravel whether something has been downloaded by mistake, or if someone has asked for it).

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

For the record, getting music through usenet makes you a loving weirdo in the eyes of almost everyone (using the royal you here, not you specifically)

Which is probably fine, I don't think that the people getting music through usenet overlap much with, like, regular people who would just get spotify, but it's something people should know about the perception of their hobby.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is Lidarr worthwhile?

Eh? Obviously not nearly as worth it as Radarr and certainly not Sonarr. For as little bandwidth and storage space as a FLAC album takes, why not ya know?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Taima posted:

For the record, getting music through usenet makes you a loving weirdo in the eyes of almost everyone (using the royal you here, not you specifically)

Which is probably fine, I don't think that the people getting music through usenet overlap much with, like, regular people who would just get spotify, but it's something people should know about the perception of their hobby.

Yeah I should probably just sift through my collection and remove all the stuff that Apple Match says it has, and subscribe to Music again. I'm so close to that 100k song limit it's become a pain anyway.

Syano posted:

Eh? Obviously not nearly as worth it as Radarr and certainly not Sonarr. For as little bandwidth and storage space as a FLAC album takes, why not ya know?

I might mess around with it one day just out of curiosity, thanks.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
In NZBGet, how do I see the server that's being used for each download or how to see why it's not using my main server? It's all going to the block account and is very slow now.

edit: maybe it was just the last few things I've seen, but now I do see that it shows 100% failure for my main server which is Newsgroup Ninja. Doesn't seem right that it keeps having 100% failure.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 22, 2019

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.
I use lidarr and its loving bad at getting you what you actually want. Headphones is better but both are really not great. They beat the poo poo out of searching manually! But they aren't anywhere near as good as radarr/sonarr.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Ok this is a weird question, or at least something I haven't seen before.

I have a 4K Blu Ray ISO. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? Normally the procedure is simple, you mount it, pull the main video file out of the STREAM folder, catalog it as normal in plex, and you're good to go.

Well for the first time I have a 4K Blu ray that is apparently broken up into several large movie files, the largest is about 9GB and the smallest is like 1GB.

What the poo poo is going on here? Is there some way to plop all of these stupid files in plex and join them or what? I don't even understand what the point of this BD layout is or how it's even usable in a player.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

What happens if you open it in MakeMKV?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

This seems weird, no?

Taima fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 23, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'd say just concentrate on one each of the 54 and 57 chapter entries, ignore the rest. One of those will be the theatrical cut, the other the DC. Rip whichever is your preference then just skim through the file, it'll hopefully be all OK.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Taima posted:

This seems weird, no?

Security feature, you'll need to look up which one is right.

Edit: I might be thinking of something else, I do know when I ripped blurays they'd sometimes give like 1000 files to choose from.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 23, 2019

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

ok thanks guys. I'll just start making 'em and see which one makes the most sense to keep.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
IMO Lidarr works well enough to be worth running, especially if you have the other two set up and are familiar with the basic principles, but it's definitely not the same level of "set it up, tell it what you want, and let it go do its thing" as the others.

Not through really any fault of its own, just the way music is distributed in the first place and how the scene categorizes it. The fact that one album might have had a half dozen different regional releases with different tracks listed is bad enough, and then you get in to things like hidden tracks, pregap audio, etc. and it becomes very hard to decide what the user actually wants or if a potential quality upgrade is actually the same disc or a slightly different one.

By comparison movies and TV are a lot easier. There's still a lot of regional variation to the discs themselves, but the episodes or movies themselves are generally the same aside from maybe different audio/subtitle tracks which are for the most part well tagged (aside from the Dutch and their inexplicable love for burned-in subs). For the most part no one cares about the extra material on the disc, so the only real complication is on the movie side when there's an extended cut or 3D release which none of the automation tools are particularly great at handling.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

That's mostly what I've used it for for the last 2 decades. IDK what's so weird about that. Granted, the sheer amount of new stuff being posted has dried up significantly in the last 2-3 years.

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
New Eweka deal 3 Euro/month

Existing customers only? I see nowhere to enter your email to get logins

https://www.eweka.nl/en/korting-promo?utm_campaign=SummerSale2019

el_caballo
Feb 26, 2001
Any of you nerds using Unraid? I built a new desktop so the old one is becoming the new fileserver and now I've got a choice: either keep using Windows 10 or switch to something else.

I like the idea of Unraid but 80% of what I use my fileserver for is stupidly specific: getting old out of print movies to watch with drunk friends. So this means one of them will get a bug up their rear end and text me about Party Camp (1987) at 3 pm on a Wednesday. And I can fire up Splashtop (lifetime subscription) on my locked-down work mac or even my phone and remote into my Win 10 fileserver and do a NZBHydra search or look on several like-minded private tracker forums until I find a torrent file. Then I just throw the movie on Google Drive and at 5:30 I'm in my friend's 90-degree garage pounding warm Schlitz and watching 80s tits.

So can Unraid do that?

I know there's virtual machines and stuff, but does Unraid make any sense if I'm just going to have it run Win 10 for a browser and qBittorrent in a VM 100% of the time. Why not just run Win 10 at that point?

Right now my fileserver is running SAB + NZBHydra2 + Sonarr + Radarr + qBittorrent + Emby (mostly for the library stuff) + HaneWin NFS server + DrivePool + Splashtop + CrashPlan Backup + Google Drive.

I don't really care about parity and protecting all these awful lovely movies exactly but I do move stuff onto the fileserver to be a local backup and then mirror that to CrashPlan. I'll eventually start using DrivePool duplication if I stick with Windows.

Also I used to do poo poo like SSH tunnels and VNC but I was never 100% sure I had it locked down enough and it was kind of a pain in the rear end. I like Splashtop cuz it seems reasonably secure with 2-factor, has a mobile app, and I don't need to worry about static IP poo poo.

el_caballo fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 1, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As an aside, if that’s the kind of movie stuff you’re looking for then rarelust.com is a pretty good resource.

el_caballo
Feb 26, 2001

EL BROMANCE posted:

As an aside, if that’s the kind of movie stuff you’re looking for then rarelust.com is a pretty good resource.

holy poo poo. bookmarked.

Violator
May 15, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Wow, a lot of the movies have commentaries as their second audio track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Dog is open if anyone is interested:

https://dognzb.cr/register

(correct me if this is something everyone knows)

Taima fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 2, 2019