Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Charles now does a podcast with Randbrick once every couple months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Link?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

Mic Dicta was a podcast about lawyers making jokes about how hosed up the legal system is. It doesn't publish anymore.

I listen to like half of the ALAB episode and it seems to be about boring motherfuckers being boring.

There’s also “this week in atrocity” which is Charles from Mic Dicta and some other guy.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
More like “this quarter in atrocity” imo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cocoa Crispies posted:

There’s also “this week in atrocity” which is Charles from Mic Dicta and some other guy.

It’s this. The other guy is ex-D&D superstar Randbrick. It’s Jeb Lund’s podcast and I think he does release weekly Hallmark movie reviews on the patron feed but all the legal stuff is on the public feed. Just check the show description for Charles.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Groovelord Neato posted:

maybe we can smoke him out.

Dark. I actually was the one who recruited him, and he was really loving cool to me and friendly even after I stopped playing EVE. Kinda sucks to, now, be looking back and be like 'yeah, Vilerat was a cool enough guy and nice to me and all but the Benghazi group he was with were literally no angels, running guns for the CIA to terrorist groups in the region.' :I Oh well. The really sad part is, he sent me a few trinkets that were interesting-- a 100T Zimbabwean buck note and Saddam Hussein money-- that I can't find.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm trying to imagine the outcry to Chapo just unlocking game theory eps instead of recording a new one

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
The collapse of Mic Dicta was weird. It seemed like one person had a dispute with the group and that meant the entire podcast had to go away for some reason.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dmitri-9 posted:

The collapse of Mic Dicta was weird. It seemed like one person had a dispute with the group and that meant the entire podcast had to go away for some reason.

weren't they all lawyers?

there's no other group on earth more brokebrained and who take themselves and their worthless profession as seriously

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Dmitri-9 posted:

The one person was Charles and he was sort of in charge of the thing, from what I've been able to piece together.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Heh, Charles in Charge

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

i am the bird posted:

I'm trying to imagine the outcry to Chapo just unlocking game theory eps instead of recording a new one

I give it even odds that they are late due to trips and such and may release something tomorrow, the unlocking is just to tide people over and keep the wailing to a polite minimum.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i'd like to speak with chapo's manager

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Follow Chris for information about the podcast from a competent adult, he said there's a new one coming tonight.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Heh, Charles in Charge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP-ztR8Zo0A
:rock:

Uranium fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 20, 2019

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

Sephyr posted:

I give it even odds that they are late due to trips and such and may release something tomorrow, the unlocking is just to tide people over and keep the wailing to a polite minimum.

I think they are releasing another Tabletop Game Theory later this month at a live event.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dmitri-9 posted:

IIRC, they pretty much ended on a cliffhanger. There was some loving atrocious Supreme Court ruling and the last part of their last episode was like "You know what, let's leave that for next week."

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

The one person was Charles and he was sort of in charge of the thing, from what I've been able to piece together.

Somebody from an early episode hijacked the show's twitter account and all the other regulars got mad at Charles. That's what I remember from vague tweets anyway.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The helldude wanted to take a break and Charles figured that the show was basically the two of them and a rotating cast so he decided to just end it without talking to anyone. This pissed off someone with the account password who deleted it, but it was already over.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
everyone involved (especially charles and tarik) are probably the types who never ever let a slight or grudge go

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Phone posted:

everyone involved (especially charles and tarik) are probably the types who never ever let a slight or grudge go

Lawyers who hold grudges, get the gently caress out

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I’ve had two friendships with lawyers that ended because they turned out to be the biggest scumbags in the world, unlike my felon friends who are good and moral

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If you have a shared account someone will inevitably lock everyone else out. This is “dasharez0ne rule”.

I look forward to Virgil doing it sometime next year in a heated wonk moment.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Where's the goddamn ep

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Does Twitter not have like actual functionality for administrating shared access to a group account cause that seems like a really obvious and common use case

Also on the subject, why is the helldude kinda a character with a catchphrase, like I didn't really know who he was until around Mic Dicta and I liked him as much as the next guy on the podcast and his tweets and such but he seems to have had this whole sorta mythology and following around him and I did not get exactly why

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

the tragedy of da share z0ne

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Uranium posted:

the tragedy of da share z0ne

It went from one of the best accounts to, well, not that

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
what exactly happened with it? Anything more to the story than “someone locked everybody else out of the account?”

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
drewtoothpaste decided to monetize it

also his wife? idk

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

behind every Wife is a Wife Guy

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Chakan posted:

what exactly happened with it? Anything more to the story than “someone locked everybody else out of the account?”

to quote someone else

"da share z0ne started with just boring_as_heck and dogboner, i think. drewtoothpaste was one of the first people to join and it grew from there
idk who actually emailed his wife but one of the people sharing the account did and that caused drew to flip out and lock everyone else out"

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Wife emailing is praxis

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

we stan gay amber

(gamber)

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
https://twitter.com/nopoweradeinusa/status/1086671379905138688

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Does Twitter not have like actual functionality for administrating shared access to a group account cause that seems like a really obvious and common use case

Also on the subject, why is the helldude kinda a character with a catchphrase, like I didn't really know who he was until around Mic Dicta and I liked him as much as the next guy on the podcast and his tweets and such but he seems to have had this whole sorta mythology and following around him and I did not get exactly why

He used to be the 2nd Amendment Moslem and was mostly just another funny twitter leftist. Then his account got banned and he re-emerged as The Helldude with a demonic version of his old Bert avatar and then saying “I’m the Helldude” became a memetic joke just through repetition and being a funny sounding phrase. That’s pretty much it. Also he’s way older than most weird twitter folks.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Man, I forgot how funny these Tabletop episodes are.

Also, a completely new ep is out now too.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Groovelord Neato posted:

dune is not a well written book.

I honestly do not understand Dune's reputation. Detractors usually bring up Herbert's prose style as being the books biggest weakness (and understandably so) I personal hated the pacing of the book. A third of the book is Paul and Jessica just walking in the desert with nothing happening and then Paul's holy war against the Harkonnens is wrapped in about 40 pages, both the Lynch and SyFy's adaptation spend much more time on Paul living with, training and leading the Fremen; you can practically hear an editor yelling at him say "hurry up and finish the drat book."

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Apoplexy posted:

Dark. I actually was the one who recruited him, and he was really loving cool to me and friendly even after I stopped playing EVE. Kinda sucks to, now, be looking back and be like 'yeah, Vilerat was a cool enough guy and nice to me and all but the Benghazi group he was with were literally no angels, running guns for the CIA to terrorist groups in the region.' :I Oh well. The really sad part is, he sent me a few trinkets that were interesting-- a 100T Zimbabwean buck note and Saddam Hussein money-- that I can't find.

dinar huh

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/19/us/politics/presidential-campaign-songs-playlists.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

exmarx posted:

dinar huh

God damnit. Now I'm going to be sad when Trump does the ARR VEE and I'll have lost, like, a bajillion real America bucks.