Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

rm -rf / folder/you/were/trying/to/delete

AGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She's not trying to get his vote.

I hope :ohdear:

I meant it doesnt matter what facts you bring up on trump, he just yells louder and angrier

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

rm -rf / folder/you/were/trying/to/delete

Fun fact, you can change the read/write/execute permissions on the / directory. It works out about as well as you would think.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the front page of CNN is an endless source of entertainment for me

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

bird food bathtub posted:

Fun fact, you can change the read/write/execute permissions on the / directory. It works out about as well as you would think.

I had someone do a recursive chown while someone else was showing a director something in a different building.

That guy now works as a government contractor

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I meant it doesnt matter what facts you bring up on trump, he just yells louder and angrier

It would please me to no end to have the debates basically be 'Trump has his usual string of word salad meltdowns, opponent just flat-out ignores him and keeps talking to the moderator/audience like there's no one else on stage.'

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Old Boot posted:

It would please me to no end to have the debates basically be 'Trump has his usual string of word salad meltdowns, opponent just flat-out ignores him and keeps talking to the moderator/audience like there's no one else on stage.'

Luckily Bernie has been consistently making the same points for 40 years and can do just that!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Honestly that's probably the best way to handle him

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Honestly that's probably the best way to handle him

Hillary engaged with him, and I thought she got some mad dunks in and he looked like a fool. Somehow the rest of the country disagreed completely. I stopped laughing at "no no no you're the puppet" on election night. :smith:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Old Boot posted:

If it was me I'd wait until he finished and then either say "Are you finished?" Or just carry on starting off with "So, like I saying..."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Hillary engaged with him, and I thought she got some mad dunks in and he looked like a fool. Somehow the rest of the country disagreed completely. I stopped laughing at "no no no you're the puppet" on election night. :smith:

actually yeah you're right

that NO PUPPET NO PUPPET was him legitimately mad and should have told everyone what was coming

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

actually yeah you're right

that NO PUPPET NO PUPPET was him legitimately mad and should have told everyone what was coming

It told me he was going to lose because he melted down and looked like a clown. Obviously no one would take him seriously after a disastrous performance like that, right? :shep:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

the front page of CNN is an endless source of entertainment for me

Please tell me that number isn't right lmao

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If it was me I'd wait until he finished and then either say "Are you finished?" Or just carry on starting off with "So, like I saying..."

Ted Cruz no poo poo should have tackled him after he insulted his wife

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

HMMM I WONDER WHY ALL THIS loving ICE IS VANISHING AT AN ALARMING RATE HOW CAN I BURY THIS LEDE

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EBB posted:

HMMM I WONDER WHY ALL THIS loving ICE IS VANISHING AT AN ALARMING RATE HOW CAN I BURY THIS LEDE

Uhhhhhh it's this thing called summer? It's supposed to be hot. Checkmate liberals :smuggo:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Exile climate change deniers to penal colonies on the equator.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Chichevache posted:

The polls agreed with you, they just didn't matter as much as her emails :cripes:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Casimir Radon posted:

Exile climate change deniers to penal colonies on the equator.

One for one exchanges with people from the countries that will be uninhabitable.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Today I was thinking about the film Castaway and began wondering how many tiny, virgin dots of beautiful land are being swallowed, and how many unique species are on them. If capitalism is so great, why aren't they solving the problem by bottling the glaciers as they melt and selling them to us? I want to put Adam's Smith's corpse on puppet strings and pantomime a free market solution to a global extinction event.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I think this poo poo is way beyond Adam smith at this point.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I just want to go back to sleeping at night and dealing with my own personal catastrophes and worrying about the planet on a whole, instead Uber country going batshit how to speed with which I just absolutely cannot keep up with.

Edit: intended on saying our country instead of uber country but it works pretty good so I'm leaving it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Iceland put a plaque on a former glacier. In 2014 it was downgraded from glacier status to ice sheet. A week or two ago, it was officially 100% gone.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
McKayla Wilkes campaign is doing canvassing this weekend. If you're in the Maryland/DC area sign up and kick Hoyer's lovely centrist rear end the gently caress out of Washington. We need to terrify all of them and putting his head on a pike will go really, really far in that.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

EBB posted:

If capitalism isp so great, why aren't they solving the problem by bottling the glaciers as they melt and selling them to us?

They are doing this and the market is booming. Watched some news fluff piece about how industrious they are as “iceberg hunters”

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1163812964949843968?s=19

When do you guys get your fur-suits?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Stravag posted:

Hey guys we tested a new cruise missile that was prohibited under INF. Good thing we pulled out of that 2 weeks ago

Ah good, now we can start developing intermediate, ground based (INF did not regulate sea- and air-based intermediate ballistic missiles, which coincidentally we lead the world in by a large margin) ballistic missiles, which we can now deploy to counter our chief geopolitical rivals China and Russia in such places as:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
we can build a trash island out in the pacific and station them there

we wouldn't even be the first ones to do it

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Nowhere to go but up, I say, ignoring the piles of shovels and picks

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1163822124940685314?s=19

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

It isn't going to get any better, I was just talking to an Italian mate about it. He thinks the *UK* is more stable. I laughed a lot.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Abongination posted:

They are doing this and the market is booming. Watched some news fluff piece about how industrious they are as “iceberg hunters”

Originally I came in here this morning to post my joke hot take of how Epstein would be alive if only he had had a gun in his cell.

Now I just feel a little more dead inside.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Apparently the NYT got smart enough to detect chrome incognito mode and throw up it's login banner there too.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
they're doing a public service by making you free from the NYT

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I think someone already posted the swastika-ride in here:

Man, what a weird coincidence, huh?

Peep the owners / operators of the theme park:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm seeing Evil Jaime Hineman, Too-Tall Hanz, Dollar-Store Ivanka Trump, Lazy-Eyed Fritz, and Lester the Molester.

I don't know if Lester is an acceptably German sterotype name but I'm not that creative at it. I just wanted to poke fun at some Nazis.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I don't know if anyone else has posted about it: Bellingcat, the open source journalism collective, has released a podcast about the Malaysian airliner that was shot down over Ukraine a few years ago. It's a pretty impressive walkthrough of how they used available sources on the internet to link the shooting to the Russian government. The final episode is out today and it is all free.

The host is Eliot Higgins, who is, iirc, our very own Brown Moses.

https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1163434910247510017?s=19

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Vasudus posted:

they're doing a public service by making you free from the NYT

I always thought NYT was pretty good journalism. Much like Stephen King's writing though, it's easy to point out things they've written that aren't good. But when you put out that much content, some of it is bound to be subpar.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The actual reporting is solid, and I don't count editorials as a strike against any paper because it's not ~real news~ but their editors have questionable taste in producing headlines and selling the 'both sides' horse race too much. WaPo is only slightly better.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Chichevache posted:

I don't know if anyone else has posted about it: Bellingcat, the open source journalism collective, has released a podcast about the Malaysian airliner that was shot down over Ukraine a few years ago. It's a pretty impressive walkthrough of how they used available sources on the internet to link the shooting to the Russian government. The final episode is out today and it is all free.

The host is Eliot Higgins, who is, iirc, our very own Brown Moses.

https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1163434910247510017?s=19

Yeah, I've been listening to it. Great stuff. Really good lesson on what's available on people out there, too. Also that if you only start covering up after you commit the war crime, it's already too late.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ceiling fan posted:

Yeah, I've been listening to it. Great stuff. Really good lesson on what's available on people out there, too. Also that if you only start covering up after you commit the war crime, it's already too late.

Yeah, the incompetence by the russian government in the coverup is absolutely staggering. Maybe a criminal conspiracy is actually hard to pull off, but I feel like the writers of Veronica Mars could have done a better job covering their tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

The actual reporting is solid, and I don't count editorials as a strike against any paper because it's not ~real news~ but their editors have questionable taste in producing headlines and selling the 'both sides' horse race too much. WaPo is only slightly better.

I think newspapers like WaPo and the NYT work best in times of political sanity when everyone is in general agreement with a concept of an objective reality. This clearly isn't one of those times, because it's really hard to report on something like "Trump Tries to Buy Greenland" without pointing out how obviously stupid that idea is. And yet the NYT tries.