Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

I love the narrative oh but they are developing new tec so are exempted from time lines. The scope is so crazy no progress is fine.

Do researchers have unlimited time and budget ? Or do they have estimates and milestones like every one else ? Sure there are unknowns but you can plan for them.

Just because something is big is not an excuse for no progress... Infact by now it should be a reason to see so much more progress not less.

How do jump from nothing is done and what's done will all snap together ...

Oh they are stopping to show off the progress that's why nothing gets done...

DigitalPenny fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Even more fanciful is the line of thinking that calders only own the 10% have power.

They own the 10% that matters. They own th money they desperately needed.

It's not like owning 5% of apple.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Also guys, I have to warn you i installed rebel galaxy outlaw last night. So from now assume my account has been fully hacked by the Chinese government.

To confirm this I saw a Chinese agent today, he was selling noodles but I'm sure the special sauce will delete my steam account and censor my views on global trade.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Con predictions:

They will ABSOLUTELY have a Keanu Reeves intro with Mark Hamill, introducing some cut scenes from Squandered 42.

Some new partnership with a 3rd party... what could it be... ok go big or go home... some unknown VR headset.

A band playing 'the songs of SC' for 3 hours

A powerpoint presentation with dates on it

A 2 hour jazz exploration of server meshing

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DigitalPenny posted:

Also guys, I have to warn you i installed rebel galaxy outlaw last night. So from now assume my account has been fully hacked by the Chinese government.

To confirm this I saw a Chinese agent today, he was selling noodles but I'm sure the special sauce will delete my steam account and censor my views on global trade.

Hmm. What’s the wonderful thing about tiggers?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Good to see that after all this time Ben still can't emote more than "slightly agape mouth" and "finger point at thing"

Christ dude, lose some loving weight before it kills you.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Gravity_Storm posted:

They will ABSOLUTELY have a Keanu Reeves intro with Mark Hamill

I can't believe I didn't think of this. You are 100% correct, this is Chris Roberts all over - copy everything else, claim to do it better. This is happening.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

rePool posted:

So, is Big Benny flaunting that he's still taking backer money while "still working on Star Citizen" from home? In what capacity?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-LNiZxsY7s

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

DigitalPenny posted:

Add to Blocked Buddies list.

/done

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
con predictions - many people will be conned

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jonny Shiloh posted:

That's the joke of it mein Freund - they don't actually have a stand at Gamescom. They're just walking round the show floor handing out bags, holding bar meet ups on the periphery of the show, and who knows, maybe hanging out in the car park with a pop up stand and offering $10 a throw turns on an immobile plastic space bike?

Seriously - they are 100% skimming off the show without having to pay for a booth. Thinking about it, I would be surprised if the show organisers let them piggy back off the expo and wander around handing out free stuff for their game without paying at least something for the privilege, but hey maybe they are getting away with it scot free.

I know metric gently caress all about game development, but I do know a few things about conference planning, and the way these motherfuckers SHAMELESSLY suitcase conventions is :gonk:

I wouldn’t sell any of these shits a ticket unless they ponied up for a booth at this point.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
actual prediction: a gameplay demo on stage that is obstensibly a SQ42 mission. Chris doesn't play it but dictates what the player should be doing every step of the way. It crashes half way through and shitizens praise CIG for not faking the demo. They restart the demo and its apparent how on rails the entire thing is. It's tedious and not at all exciting. The end of the demo is met with lots of cheering and whooping. Chris is so enamored with himself that they play the demo for a third time. there will be no computers set up for attendees to play it themselves. beta release date is announced along side a sale. Chris turns in to airplane desk and flies off stage.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Looks like the 890-dollar-Jump has been released to Evocatii.

No word yet on whether or not they actually got the hangar working. I wouldn't bet on it! The bathrooms certainly appear to be hosed up:

Also, apparently, the ship is so big that you literally can't spawn it at Port Olisar. You have to make the 20+ minute flight to Loreville or Area 18 to get it spawned in- hope you bought a second ship! Oh let's be honest, anyone who bought one of these has lots of ships. Also it's so loving big that it's difficult to spawn it, wonkavator down to the landing pad, get in it, and get to the bridge before the despawn timer kicks in. Just really well designed and definitely going to feel great to own one of these going forward.

:lol:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
god make it die already

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

No word yet on whether or not they actually got the hangar working. I wouldn't bet on it! The bathrooms certainly appear to be hosed up:

Also, apparently, the ship is so big that you literally can't spawn it at Port Olisar. You have to make the 20+ minute flight to Loreville or Area 18 to get it spawned in- hope you bought a second ship! Oh let's be honest, anyone who bought one of these has lots of ships. Also it's so loving big that it's difficult to spawn it, wonkavator down to the landing pad, get in it, and get to the bridge before the despawn timer kicks in. Just really well designed and definitely going to feel great to own one of these going forward.

This is Archered from Warframe? Looks like the Orbiter to me.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

Also, apparently, the ship is so big that you literally can't spawn it at Port Olisar. You have to make the 20+ minute flight to Loreville or Area 18 to get it spawned in- hope you bought a second ship!

You wouldn't be able to log-on if you only owned an 890J since the ship isn't packaged with a licence for the actual game.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Also I like that in the roadmap released three days ago this ship was listed as being like 75% complete.

Good to know they managed that last 25% and definitely aren't just gonna kick that poo poo out the door, unfinished!

The other part of that patch was supposed to be ship rentals. It is nowhere to be seen.

It's aaaaaalmost like this is a release of a sketchy half-finished asset because they saw how bad the subreddit rage was getting and panicked. But that couldn't be the case, right?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I haven't checked the reddit but I'm guessing the hardcore defenders are gloating that this is the proof that CIG is secretly ahead of schedule. CIG is vindicated and now the complainers need to shut up.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
con prediction: Chris will wear black
Sorry, it had to be said

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

do the scopes not work?

Scope creep works really well in SC

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Hazamuth posted:

I'll probably keep a laughing distance, but still check out whether there is lot of buzz around their stand. This is Germany after all, the promised land of Shart Citizen

I want you to find one walking around, look him (And I assume it's a "him", because this is the games industry and we have long way to go to making our employee base more diverse) in the face, ask him "Do you work for CIG?"

Then ask him,

"What sound does Gary Oldman make?"

If he doesn't know the answer, inform him. With feeling.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I hope when Hamill walks out on stage it's through a smoke tunnel like the Cyberpunk demo but the smoke is coming out of vents everywhere and there's a black janitor mopping and Hamill clips through the tunnel, and from the other side of the stage Gary Oldman comes up with his face permanently frozen in this position :gary: and then everyone sits down at a cafeteria table with metal plates with 3 sections like a child's hot lunch and they all eat procedural eggs.

This is my CitizenCon dream.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Alternatively:

Meet the CIG person warmly, ask him if things are doing well for him.

Then tell him you've told some projects about him and that they might have an opening soon, to expect something on his personal email, and to keep his CV ready when it happens.

And if he protests, glance casually at his posse and say "Oh, right, say no more." And do the most exaggerated semi-obnoxious "WINK", and walk away.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Bootcha posted:

I want you to find one walking around, look him (And I assume it's a "him", because this is the games industry and we have long way to go to making our employee base more diverse) in the face, ask him "Do you work for CIG?"

Then ask him,

"What sound does Gary Oldman make?"

If he doesn't know the answer, inform him. With feeling.

Ask them if they have stairs in their house. It's an older code but it should check out.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Quavers posted:

Star Citizen is releasing this year everyone! :toot:

"It'll be done when its done"

Where have I heard that before?

Yep totally fine, normal game development

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.
Con prediction:

In order to hype the multiplayer gameplay in Squadron 42, they’ll feature a “live” demo featuring superstar streamer Rexzilla and his derp forces. The match will be sterile as gently caress but will feature at least one capital ship, that stupid new rocket launcher land chariot, and a new map planet or whatever. The demo will go off without a hitch thanks to Rex’s iron command of his acting troupe. The commandos will declare victory and the demo’ed content will never be released in- game.

I got a real good feeling about this one.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

Also, apparently, the ship is so big that you literally can't spawn it at Port Olisar. You have to make the 20+ minute flight to Loreville or Area 18 to get it spawned in- hope you bought a second ship! Oh let's be honest, anyone who bought one of these has lots of ships. Also it's so loving big that it's difficult to spawn it, wonkavator down to the landing pad, get in it, and get to the bridge before the despawn timer kicks in. Just really well designed and definitely going to feel great to own one of these going forward.i

I like how logicalchimp manages to be completely wrong no matter what. Yeah, I am sure the big ship they have been focusing on for the last 3 months is not going to go on sale.

Also:

Evocati: CIG, release the ship!
CIG: Your wish is my command, thank you for giving us the green light.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
"I have $1000 loaded" how do people this dumb have so much disposable cash?!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Gravity_Storm posted:

Con predictions:

They will ABSOLUTELY have a Keanu Reeves intro with Mark Hamill, introducing some cut scenes from Squandered 42.

Crobbler's most prized and pliable asset - I can't see this not happening :)

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
My con prediction is that Chris comes out and sees his shadow.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Store Citizer : Conhog Day

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:ohdear:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I doubt $1000 is going to cover the price increase.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

what does this mean?

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Tokamak posted:

I doubt $1000 is going to cover the price increase.

Does CIG do scratch and dents?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

what does this mean?

We're moving on to discovery.

2 Weeks.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

no_recall posted:

We're moving on to discovery.

2 Weeks.

Fun

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

shrach posted:

As usual they haven't quite thought critically about their data comparisons. They talk about how Star Citizen "only" has 500 people working on it and that Rockstar had 2000 developers and another 1000 outside contractors during its dev cycle on RDR2 so they don't have the same resources. Star Citizen is a little indie company.

The obvious mistake is that Star Citizen has 500 people currently working on it. Over the 7+ years there have been many more that were employed and worked on the project and departed for other pastures. Numerous sub-contractors that were never entirely disclosed etc. Given the insane staff turnover that Star Citizen has the numbers are probably not far apart and it's still early days.

The other issue is the implication that Rockstar had hundreds of devs working on RDR2 for its entire dev cycle. Games can stay in pre-production for a long time with very few developers - just look at that Anthem post-mortem. Whereas CIG inflated to hundreds just in its second / third year. They've had 500+ employees for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

what does this mean?

Crytek put up the cash. Guess they must think they have a shot. Should be interesting at least.