Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Macaluso posted:

I will never be inspired to read "books" :colbert:

Lol, then watch the Netflix show since it’s adapting them and not the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
So I open palm slammed one of those amFilm Glass Screen Protectors on my Switch V2 today. Everything is good except a corner that slowly lifts up. No foreign material from what I can tell is there. I press on it for a few minutes for it only regrow. It doesn't extend past a few millimeters. Should I just cut my losses and leave it or is there something I can do short of putting on the 2nd protector? My previous switch had the Hori screen protector (the good, non-lovely deluxe one that actually stays on the screen) and this is the first protector that I used in years that didn't employ Hori's application technique.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Do I need to register my Switch for a warranty? They don't do the gold coins for hardware do they?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

The Bloop posted:

Is there anything one needs to know from Witcher 1 or 2 to enjoy 3

I know literally nothing beyond swordmans

Towards the beginning of the game you have a conversation where you recap past events and I guess based on what you say it simulates what you "did" in previous games. So you could look up what the different choices do/mean for the backstory. I think they affect some missions as far as you can either get one character from the past or another showing up and missions related to them. But if you don't know them, then what does it matter I guess? Just enjoy the game and can always go back or read up on the alternate missions/story you would have gotten.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

So I open palm slammed one of those amFilm Glass Screen Protectors on my Switch V2 today. Everything is good except a corner that slowly lifts up. No foreign material from what I can tell is there. I press on it for a few minutes for it only regrow. It doesn't extend past a few millimeters. Should I just cut my losses and leave it or is there something I can do short of putting on the 2nd protector? My previous switch had the Hori screen protector (the good, non-lovely deluxe one that actually stays on the screen) and this is the first protector that I used in years that didn't employ Hori's application technique.

Is it lined up correctly? I have that glass screen and put it on after running the shower on hot for a few minutes and have had no bubble/lifting or dust issues since whenever they first shipped it around the Switch's launch time. Can't those be taken off and reapplied? I definitely recommend the steamy bathroom technique they suggest.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

FireMrshlBill posted:

Is it lined up correctly? I have that glass screen and put it on after running the shower on hot for a few minutes and have had no bubble/lifting or dust issues since whenever they first shipped it around the Switch's launch time. Can't those be taken off and reapplied? I definitely recommend the steamy bathroom technique they suggest.

Yep, it’s lined up and pretty square so all the edges of the protector are clear of the edges the Switch’s bezel. At least that’s what it looks like to my eyes.

I applied it in my work’s lab which isn’t totally dust free but way less dust than in a normal home.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yep, it’s lined up and pretty square so all the edges of the protector are clear of the edges the Switch’s bezel. At least that’s what it looks like to my eyes.

I applied it in my work’s lab which isn’t totally dust free but way less dust than in a normal home.

Maybe the humidity helps a bit as well with the adhesive aspect/bubbles in addition to the dust? No idea. See if you can remove, clean and reapply or just use that second one in the pack. I am still on my first protector and there are no markings on it that I can see, so unless you promised that second to someone else, its probably all you will need (short of it shattering from a fall or other accident). Maybe that protector was just messed up from the factory.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 20, 2019

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fallom posted:

CrossCode when

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

And Link doesn't?

Link doesn’t. Everyone in the game wants to gently caress him.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

Link doesn’t. Everyone in the game wants to gently caress him.

One of the Great Fairies definitely had him.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

One of the Great Fairies definitely had him.

I love how increasingly horny they get as you find more of them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

:siren: The Hotline Miami collection is actually on our eShop. :siren:

This is a BIG thing, because the ratings board blocked HM2 from its release here, so you can now actually buy it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

is this actually the first time you can buy HM2 down here? How's HM2 on a controller anyway?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Witcher 3 is coming October 15th. Nice. Nice.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MechaSeinfeld posted:

is this actually the first time you can buy HM2 down here?

It is indeed.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

What changed within the last few years that hotline Miami 2 is no longer bad for Australian society. maybe I should stop asking questions before they realise

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

it was a story back in ye olde days about how capcom supposedly was what it took to encourage nintendo to include more ram in the switch but it's a good thing they did. that'd have been a total fuckup if nintendo had gone with less.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bulgakov posted:

it was a story back in ye olde days about how capcom supposedly was what it took to encourage nintendo to include more ram in the switch but it's a good thing they did. that'd have been a total fuckup if nintendo had gone with less.

I remember Epic also convincing Microsoft to put more ram in the 360. More ram is always a good idea.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ori and Cuphead on the switch is just cool regardless of if I'm gonna buy them or not. Just the fact that Microsoft published games are on a Nintendo console.

Ori is a really good, pretty game but the metroidvania genre exploded since then and there are lots of choices even on the switch alone.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

SeANMcBAY posted:

I remember Epic also convincing Microsoft to put more ram in the 360. More ram is always a good idea.

its messed up that they didn't add additional dedicated hardware for eshop music though :shrug:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Hm Luigi Mansion 3 or Witcher 3. Both releasing in October. Both have the number 3 in their title

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

a.lo posted:

Hm Luigi Mansion 3 or Witcher 3. Both releasing in October. Both have the number 3 in their title

Geralt is a more effective ghost hunter than Luigi, imo

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I unironically can’t wait to play all these several year old ports at full msrp.

E: I want to add that DQ11S comes out next month which I will definitely be playing alongside Witcher because I only own one console: The Lord’s.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 20, 2019

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

8-bit Miniboss posted:

IMO this means that one corner edge of glass is slightly bent upwards, thus will never go down.

Do the the steam and use the other one. Be kinda careful not to bend it (not saying you did, could just be a factory defect).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That would drive me insane and I'd get another protector.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

a.lo posted:

Mario is missing! Are you a bad enough plumber to save him?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Fly Ricky posted:

IMO this means that one corner edge of glass is slightly bent upwards, thus will never go down.

Do the the steam and use the other one. Be kinda careful not to bend it (not saying you did, could just be a factory defect).

wait it out for a few days first, just in case imo

could settle down

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don’t think I have the stamina to play all three houses in Three Houses. A single playthrough is already slaying me, and that’s without being distracted by any other game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vegetable posted:

I don’t think I have the stamina to play all three houses in Three Houses. A single playthrough is already slaying me, and that’s without being distracted by any other game.

You can just do it later

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

That Part 1 is like 20-30 hours of essentially the same thing for all 3, I don't blame you. By the time you are in the third house you are just begrudgingly dragging yourself through it with no enjoyment.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Crawfish posted:

That Part 1 is like 20-30 hours of essentially the same thing for all 3, I don't blame you. By the time you are in the third house you are just begrudgingly dragging yourself through it with no enjoyment.

I'm enjoying my second playthrough just as much as the first one. Part 1 goes by really fast when you know what you are doing. So many new supports too.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Is there anything one needs to know from Witcher 1 or 2 to enjoy 3

I know literally nothing beyond swordmans

the different witcher games have either plot contrivances that make them 98% self-contained or in the case of W3 everything of any importance gets summarized at one point or another

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

1 month until Links Awakening :woop:

A little over 2 months until Luigi's Mansion :woop::woop:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I know I've mentioned it before, but a Dragon Quest Collection on the Switch should be a no brainer!

BisterdDave fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Aug 20, 2019

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is currently $31.99 on the eShop, instead of $39.99.

Has this game ever been fixed on the Switch? I know there was a bunch of drama and poo poo after it was released due to its bugginess, but I'm not sure if that was resolved via a patch?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Vegetable posted:

There's a poo poo ton of DLC coming, wait for that so you don't have to play it four times. Game is awesome. After six hours I restarted on easy so I could grind a couple extra missions, since Byleth and Edelgard were level 8 and everyone else was level 2. I can't imagine playing with permadeath, these are my kids now.

Wave 1: Officers Academy outfits for female and male Byleth available at game launch.

Wave 2: Additional Auxiliary battle maps, helpful in-game support items, and more will be released by Oct. 31.

Wave 3: Additional quests and costumes, plus a free update, will be released by Dec. 31.

Wave 4: New story content, with additional playable characters, locations and more, plus a free update, will be released by April 30, 2020.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

BoyBlunder posted:

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is currently $31.99 on the eShop, instead of $39.99.

Has this game ever been fixed on the Switch? I know there was a bunch of drama and poo poo after it was released due to its bugginess, but I'm not sure if that was resolved via a patch?

A few weeks ago the devs said the input lag wasn't fixed yet and didn't offer an ETA. This is after initially saying it'd be fixed within two weeks of the game releasing. So who knows what's going to happen!

I am waiting until all the fixes are out to see if the games in a better state. Then I'll wait for a decent sale.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I bought bloodstained at release and heard about the performance issues, so I put it aside and played other games. There it sits, unopened. It didnt bother me much at first but now its getting a little annoying.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

BoyBlunder posted:

From reading this thread it will never be fixed enough to get close to the other versions graphically or performance wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It’s loving garbage and my biggest regret purchase on the switch by far. And I bought Mario tennis at full price on launch